A Gamer's Journey

By somepersonwhowrites

After waking up in the middle of the night on his tenth birthday he found himself with box that says "Welcome... More

The Beginning
The Beginning Part 2
I don't like where this is going
I don't like where this is going Part 2
Hooray to being homeless
Hooray to being homeless Part 2
Didn't expect this to happen
The boring training arc
The Boring Training Arc Part 2
I always wanted a slave
I don't want to become a nerd, but I kind of want to
Yay for human trafficking
How many dungeons does this city have?
What a wonderful dungeon
I blame this all on Anenoid
What could possibly go wrong
What happened last night?
Why is this room on hard mode?
This isn't even fair anymore
Why do I hear boss music
This didn't go as planned
Never expected a deer
Homeless people are scary
I hate my siblings
Stupid ape
Introductions
Crickets have weird legs
Where's the armor?
A shower seems nice
Chemistry is fun
Go away Alice
Slime is fun
Happy Birthday!
Second try!
Memories
Greed
This is too much for me
Fast Travel time
Not born equal
The tutorial finally ends
I like where this is going
GTA but in real life
Segway go Brrrrrrr
Planning for stuff
Winter break!!!!
Plumbing and economics is also fun
It's Christmas!!
Driving is easy
IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU
Coffee sounds nice right now
Further into Greed
(1)Wild, Wild West: Bugs are cool
(2)Wild, Wild west: A streak of badluck
(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself
(4)Wild, Wild West: Ivan needs a nerf
Short chapter for yall
Not a short chapter for ya'll
Hygiene is very important
Back to the normal plot
Final Destination was a good movie
Another training arc!
Just a few different things in one
A business man doing business
Do your actions really matter?
Just a bit of exploring
Smol Chapter
Misleading Heist
Haha funny number
Paranoia and isolation
Old Friends
The Gateway
The debt collector
Uh, Ivan????
Progression?
Scheming
HAHAHA!! MONKE!!!!
ahhh titles
Am Back
1-1
(0*0)
Back at square one
Mommy issues
Did a smart
Haven't been here in a while
Do a flip
Pre-boss fight
A Dying Flame
New Generation
names are hard part 2?
Farm
Horrors that are comprehensible
The barn find :)
ahhh
Start of a struggle
Sleep
Why these weights so heavy :(
Superior Genetics

Deception

101 6 2
By somepersonwhowrites

Chapter 43

Sunday, December 15, 2013

10:43 am

(Ivan's POV)

I wake up and slowly sit up. I notice Goldie sleeping on the corner of my bed. Why is she there? I lay my head down on the pillow and stare up at the ceiling. What Am'I supposed to do today? I got nothing to do, Dominique, and the other people in the group aren't going to prepare for the robbery today. My body suddenly vibrates, I instinctively take out my phone. There was one singular message from Wayne.

"You free? I'm going back to camp today. You wanna fight?"

I think about ignoring the message. I don't have anything to do, but on the other hand, I don't want to fight. After a moment of thinking I decide to fight Wayne.

"Sure."

11:12 am

I walk up to the colosseum while looking around for Wayne. I wait by the entrance for a bit. It took a while for Wayne to show up. Wayne had a chest plate but nothing else. Why didn't he cover the rest of his body?

"Sup," Wayne said first.

"Hey," I responded.

"Anyone else inside?" I shake my head.

"Are we even allowed to use the colosseum without permission?" Wayne shrugged.

"As long as no one finds out."

3:00 pm

I limp out of the colosseum with Wayne shuffling his feet by my side. I glare at him as the colosseum got further and further away from us.

"Did we have to be there for so long?" Wayne slightly moved his arm around as he groaned from the pain.

"Maybe if you didn't keep flying it wouldn't have been long!"

"You fire scares me!" Wayne rolls his eyes as he created a ball of fire in the palm of his hands. He bounced the fire up and down on his hands.

"The fire isn't even that bad."

"You clearly haven't been burned before."

"And I never will." I silently get closer to him and secretly take out a lighter out of my Inventory. I put the lighter under his elbow and light it. He quickly jumped to the side while holding his elbow. "Is that what it feels like?"

"No." I put the lighter in my Inventory. As I open my hands I felt the space beneath my fingers burn. I look down and see pieces of my skin looked like it was torn off. I close and open my hands multiple times. Each time my hand felt like it was being stretched. I open my hands and put them in my pockets. Hopefully, that will heal soon.

"So what do you wanna do now?" Wayne asked. I shrug.

"I was going to go home."

"You wanna get something to eat first?"

"Like what?"

"I dunno? A burger?" My mind immediately thinks about that burger place Michael showed me in the marketplace.

"Sure." Wayne nods and we walk in silence for a bit. I looked over to Wayne and open my mouth.

"I know this place with fries. Wanna get some after?" Wayne thought about it for a moment.

"What kind of fries do they have?"

"I honestly don't know."

3:23 pm

I get my fries and look down at them. The fries were long and brown. There were tiny pieces of salt covering the fries. I put the fries in my Inventory as Wayne stepped out to get his food. He held his burger in one hand as he reached for his fries. He turned around and walked over to me.

"Where we gon we eat again?"

"Didn't you want to eat in the forest?"

"Oh yeah." I turn around and start leading Wayne towards the forest.

"So where does your stuff go?" Wayne asked. I look over my shoulder with a confused expression.

"What do you mean?"

"You know how you just make stuff randomly appear and disappear." I hear grunting in a nearby alley. I quickly turn my head to see someone squatting down with their pants pulled down. I quickly turn my head with a shocked expression. "What's wrong? Wayne asked." I quickly shake my head.

"What was the question?"

"Where does your stuff go?"

"Uhh," Where does it go?" I don't know. They just disappear."

"Can you make a person disappear?"

"I haven't tried."

"Can you make yourself disappear?"

"I...I don't think so." I grab my arm and quickly let go. I really don't want to find out if I can.

We walk by an alley. Wayne's hands suddenly jolt up. Some fries fell off his plate as he quickly pushed me into the alleyway. Mud splattered onto my clothes as the mud held my arms, legs, and head down. I heard Wayne talking to someone. The mud gathered in my ears before I could hear what they were saying. I see a hand steal some of the fries from Wayne's plate. Wayne's expression looked different from before. He looked cockier. There was no way he looked like that before. He moved his hands widely. Almost like he was acting. I couldn't see who Wayne was talking to but I could tell that the person walked away. The mud held me down for a bit before letting me go. I felt anger build up in my chest as Wayne glanced in my direction and looked away. I quickly get back up and wipe the mud off my arms and legs. I try to wipe off the mud on my clothes, some mud came off but most wouldn't come out.  My eyebrows furrow in anger as I aggressively rubbed my arm in an attempt to take off the mud. Of course with my luck, no mud came out. A huge ball of mud fell off my face. I stomp my way over to Wayne and glare at him as I wiped mud off my face.

"What the hell was that for!" Wayne looked around frantically.

"Uh-hm," the sounds barely left his mouth as he regretfully looked down at me. I glare at his food and smack it out of his hands. My hand recoils from shock from me smacking at Wayne's food? Why did I do that? Before I could think I kick at his legs. Wayne bent down to hold his knee. I slap him and turn around.

"Asshole."

As I stomped away a box appeared. 

Wayne's white lie (Tier 1)- Magical attacks do 5% percent more damage.

I don't want his perk. How do I make it go away?

3:30 pm

I appear in my room and sigh. I sit down on my bed and take out my food. I lay my head on the pillow as I take out my phone and swipe the screen a couple of times not really knowing what to do. I bite into the burger and put my phone on my bed. I walk over to my bookshelf and look around for a bit. I groan as I look through the books.

There's nothing to do! I don't know what to do with a phone. Nothing to read, no homework, just nothing. A book with the words, "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 Phantom Blood," on the spine. I take the book out of the bookshelf and look at the cover. A man was looking to the side. He had purple hair. He was wearing purple clothes along with a colorful orange scarf. Along the edges was a blue outline. This looks entertaining?

I flip to a random page in the book. The book was a comic, the first panel I saw was a blond boy dramatically jump out of a carriage. I walk over to my bed as I flip to the first page. I gently lay on the bed and grab a fistful of fries.

This better be good.

4:03 pm

I look up at the door as Goldie walked into my room. I ignore her and immediately go back to my book. A boy named Jonathan Joestar grabbed his step brother's hand from giving poison to their dad. I quickly flinch as I Goldie's hand suddenly grabs my shoulder. I look over my shoulder with an annoyed look.

"What?"

"I was going to the gym. You wanna come?" I shake my head but Goldie didn't let go. "C'mon. It won't take long." Goldie said as she shook me. I put the book in my Inventory along with my plates of food.

"Fine," I say as I breathe out and stand up. Goldie nodded as she turned around and walked out of my room. I slowly walk out of my room. I walk into the backyard and into the little building outside. As I walked in I see Goldie lightly jogging on a treadmill. I begrudgingly walk over and get on another treadmill right beside her. I start up the treadmill and lightly start jogging. I and Goldie jogged in silence for a bit. I wish some music was playing. What would I listen to anyway? I don't listen to music.

Goldie pushed a few buttons on the treadmill. The treadmill sped up and soon she was full-on sprinting. Goldie looked over at me and pointed at the buttons on my treadmill. The treadmill sped up but just by a bit. I barely had to run to keep up with the treadmill. I think I could go a bit more.

I press the buttons a couple of times. The treadmill sped up a lot. My legs moved like a blur as I breathed heavily. I was out of breath in half a minute. I turned down the speed on the treadmill so that I was light jogging. Goldie looked over in my direction.

"Control your breathing, it will help." I press the buttons to turn down the speed. I walked as I took a deep breath to respond.

"It's hard when you're actually doing something," I said as sweat dripped off my face.

"Can you not give yourself air." I looked at Goldie with a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"Just..." she took a deep breath and waved her hand up to her nose. "Bring air into your body." I close my eyes and imagine an invisible stream of air enter my body. I quickly hold my throat as I felt the air force it's way down my body and into my lungs. The feeling quickly passed, my lungs felt like they were filled with air. The only thing that felt off was that I would suck in too much air. The feeling only lasted for two seconds before everything went back to normal. Didn't someone do this to me when I first got to camp? I close my eyes and remember that guy who jogged beside me when I first got to camp. What was his name? I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when I felt something heavy press down on my head. I open my eyes and notice Goldie's tail on top of my head. I looked over at her. She had a serious look on her face.

"Start running again." I stare at her confusedly before doing what she said. I started lightly jogging. Goldie's tail went over to the buttons, her tail pressed the buttons multiple times. I had to start running to keep up. Suddenly my running turned into sprinting. I take rapid deep breaths and breathed out at a steady pace. I try to press the buttons to slow down but Goldie's tail quickly whipped my hand. I glare at her, she returned the look with her own glare. As I run out of breath I tried to force air into my lungs. Before I could Goldie's tails suddenly stabbed the back of my neck. I lose my balance as I see my Mp bar quickly drain. There was no pain it was just cold. I regain my balance as Goldie removed her tail from my neck. I felt anger build up in my chest as she brushed her tail. I open my mouth to say something, but I was too out of breath to say anything.

She glare turned into a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry but we're training our bodies. Don't use your magic." She turned forward to focus on her running. I pumped my arm as my legs tried its hard to carry me.

I ran and ran for what felt like an entirety. I forced myself to keep going as my stamina bar started trading gray. I instinctively take a deep breath the second my stamina bar turned completely gray. My stamina bar instantly filled up the second my stamina bar reached zero. DO I have infinite stamina or can it be used a certain amount of times? I put it out of my mind as I focus on my breathing. I'll have to find out later.

I run for a couple of minutes before Goldie stopped the treadmill. Goldie hopped off the treadmill as I put my hands on my knees. I breathe desperately for air. I shuffled off the treadmill as my legs begged me to sit down. Goldie's tail gently wrapped around me and lead me to the bench press.

"How much can you lift anyway?" I shrug.

"I don't know." I stare at the bench-press. I really don't want to do that.

"Get on then." I groan as I sit down and grab the bench press bar. I might as well do this without the weights. I lift the bar up and down at a steady pace. This isn't that bad. I lift the bar a couple of times before Goldie sighed. Suddenly there were ten-pound weights on the bar. The weight caught me by surprise. I quickly adjusted to the weight and kept on lifting.

After a few seconds, I felt my arms begin to tire. I try to focus my magic into my arms but I had no more magic to control. I breathe rapidly as I lift the bar up and down.

As I focused on the weights I notice Goldie's tail start glowing. Her tail pressed down on the side of my stomach. I yelp from what felt like a hot piece of metal touch my skin. I try to shift around but I couldn't move without the bar dropping onto my chest. I stare up at Goldie. She snapped her fingers and opened her mouth.

"Keep on going."

I groan from the pain as more weights were added. I lift the bar up three times before my arms gave out. The air left my chest as the weights and bar fell on top of me. Goldie quickly used her tail to lift the bar off my chest. The second the bar was off my chest I gasped for air. I get off the bench and wait by the side of the bench. I notice smoke coming from my stomach. I look down and see a hole in my shirt along with my skin being dark purple. Did Goldie do that? I knew it burned but I didn't think it would burn me that much.

Goldie laid down on the bench and grabbed the bar with one hand. She sat up and pointed to the ground.

"Do some sits while I do my reps." She slowly laid back down and started her reps. I look at the ground. Do I really have to? I stay standing as I wait for Goldie to finish. Instantly I was on the ground with my arms crossed on my chest along with the bottoms of my feet on the ground. I was stunned for a bit. When did I get on the ground? "I told you to do sit-ups." I hear Goldie say.

Do I even have a choice at this point?

5:40 pm

I lose my balance as I run on the treadmill. Goldie's tail started glowing. I held my breath as Goldie plunged her tail into my leg.

"Aw fuck!" I yell as I fell face-first onto the treadmill. I was send flying off the treadmill. I landed on my arm, the second I touched the floor I stopped my body with the wind. I felt my face as I slowly got up. My face felt like it was just attacked my sandpaper. Goldie bounced on her toes before talking.

"I think that's enough for today." I held my arm as I responded.

"G-good," I say struggling to catch my breath.

"Let's do this again on Friday." She said as she walked out of the building. Please no. I hated it. I never want to workout again. I shuffle my feet out of the building as boxes appeared in my face.

Thanks to exercising your stats leveled up!

+15 Str

+25 Dex

+35 Vit

Cool. Before I could close the box another box appeared.

Thanks to Dex reaching 100 you can now choose 1 new skill or perk!

[Perk] Perfect doge- Anytime you doge an attack you can instantly teleport 5 or less feet in any direction. Direction can be changed three times.

[Perk] A better heart- You gain a 500 stat boost to your stamina bar

[Perk] Adaptive heart- It is 40% easier to raise your Dex and Vit stats

[Skill] Overexert- You can push your body to the limits without any consequences. +75 stat bonus to Str, Dex, and Vit for 5 seconds. You also don't feel pain and the Stamina bar won't go down. Cost-150 points of stamina.

I like all of these. Overexert doesn't sound good though. I know for sure it will be better if I use it a lot but I still don't like it. My eyes linger on Perfect Doge. Perfect Doge sounds fun. Sounds good too. A better Heart and Adaptive Heart sounds really really boring. I click on Perfect Doge. The box quickly closed another box appeared.

Thanks to your Vit reaching 100 you can now choose 1 new skill or perk!

[Perk] Runners body-It is 60% easier to raise your Vit stat

[Perk] Recovery- Your Stamina and Hp recovers 25% quicker

[Perk] Adaptive heart- It is 40% easier to raise your Dex and Vit stats

[Perk] Regen- Your Hp recovers 50% quicker

Adaptive heart again? I look through the perks again. Not a single skill. Weird. I read through the perks multiple times. What Am'I supposed to pick. I like all of them even though they aren't fun. I don't need Recovery or Regen. I have Insta-heals and Runners High to help with Hp and Stamina. I pick Runner's body randomly. The box closes and another one appears.

Thanks to you controlling your breathing you gained a new skill!

Lvl7(03) Breathing technique- While you control your breathing, your stamina bar depletes 10% slower while in a fight or exercising. When not doing anything you recover Stamina 5% quicker.

Lvl 2(45%) Second Wind- You force a stream of air into your lungs. Recovers 150 points of Stamina. Infinite stamina for 5 seconds. Mp cost- 80 mp

I really didn't need Recovery or Regen then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

852 20 12
Imagine waking up in a forest to a faerie or fairy...or whatever you call them, and are told you now possess omnipotent powers in an entirely differe...
603K 31.4K 61
Imagine if your life turned into a game! You could see the power levels of people and your life became a series of quests. That is what happens to Ra...
200 3 19
Naomi has grown up surrounded by technology and constantly warned that magic is dangerous, but when she's approached by a top-secret magic organizati...
246 37 24
Magi moves in America to run away from her past. But someone finds her and she is afraid because she can't control her power. Will she be able to pro...