17 And After!

By BharathiGopinath

People make tiny mistakes in their life but that doesn't mean they are bad. Sometimes good people make bad ch... More

Morning...
Introvert or Extrovert
ADAM
Never Be Reckless
Directioner
The Concert
New..
Wow
Do It....
Student President
Campaigning Time
Working for Cause....
Just a girl with goals
Happy Day
Field Day
It's Field day
Be Wild
Girls Day Out
Double Date
The Interviewee
Interview
Super powers?!
The party
It's a Dare!!
A twist in the tale
Sťîļľ Hávįňğ Přáčțîcę!!
Cheers to the one !!
Trick or treat??!!
Be kind for no reason!!
All Abőųt Attitude^_^
Hold On!
Jāñe's Dáý!!!!
Joy
Find Joy in everything you do!!
The Place!!
A new Friend!
Alright •__•
Christmas
Special Chapter.
EPILOGUE
Acknowledgement!

Hallow's eve!!

54 14 31
By BharathiGopinath

Ohhh, October!! The weather was same as the September and it's another enjoyable autumn month in New Jersey with an average temperature.

The mild weather during October is enjoyable in most American cities and New Jersey is one among them.

The best thing about October is Halloween. It is a holiday celebrated each year on the last week of October.
Halloween is a special event of the year.

Beep....beep.....

Mia woke up to the sound of her alarm, which made her jump.

Oh God, what the hell is wrong with me!!! Ahh, I've slept for so long.

All of a sudden, Mia's phone starts buzzing, she answers the call.

"Be ready, I'll there in 5 minutes", stated Elena.

"Yup, on my way!", it was an absolute lie.

Mia managed to find clothes and pairing shoes. She reached living room after 15 minutes and found Elena waiting for her.

Elena frowned at Mia and mouthed the words 'fuck you, bitch' but Mia smiled at her.

Mia grabbed a sandwich from the table and hugged her mother in the kitchen before saying goodbye.

"What the hell is wrong with you?? I'm never picking you up from now on. See we are gonna be late because of you", yelled Elena.

"Hey, calm down!! We will reach school on time!!", giggled Mia seeing Elena tensed.

"Shut up!! I'm pissed off. Don't laugh", hissed Elena.

"Hey, it's not my first time being late and come on, we will make there on time", assured Mia.

"Bitch, I'm having French as my first class for the day!! If I don't make it to the class at the right time, I couldn't imagine what might happen!. I can never imagine being late to class and facing Mrs. Ramona all alone", Elena freaked out about her French teacher Ramona.

Mia laughed out hard at Elena.

"If you keep doing this, I'm gonna leave you here in the middle of the highway", snapped Elena.

"I laughed just because music is my first class", giggled Mia.

She added ,"All you have to do is, stop complaining and drive faster."

.............

They reached school few minutes before the classes.

"Hey, let me park the car. You better leave", suggested Mia. Elena nodded and started to run towards her French class.

Mia moved towards the office to announce the thought of the day to the students.

Wonderful morning everyone, today I would like to say this as a thought to be remembered by each one of us here:

In life, you will realize there is role for everyone you meet. Some will test you and some will use you. Some will love you. Some will teach you.

But the ones who are truly important are the ones who will bring out the best in you. They are the rare and amazing people who remind you why it's worth it. Treasure up such people in life because they are rare to find.

Quoting Shakespeare's words here:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none!!!

..................

Mia walks past few people and reaches her locker. She puts all her belongings inside her locker and proceed towards her music class.

Her phone starts buzzing out of the blue and she takes out from the pocket and answers the call which was from James.

"Hey, what's up?",Mia answered the call.

"There is a meeting by 3 PM at the usual council room. See you there!!", James hung up saying this.

Mia walks along the hallway wondering what might the meeting be about. She reached the classroom and continued guessing about the emergency meeting.

Due to her absent mindedness, she dashed Twian ( a boy from her music class) and was almost about to fall, while someone caught her hand and holding her in position by placing his hand on her back.

"Just tell me the reason, why you don't take my words seriously??", asked Alec holding her hand.

"I'm going to investigate that further", replied Mia being balanced by his hand.

"I have warned you 'n' no of times to be careful, and how long have you decided to be like this?", he questioned sternly.

'Though I'm afraid of falling, everytime I fall, I know you would be there to catch me!!'

Mia thought to herself looking at his eyes.

She shakes her head 'jeez where did that come from'!!

She quickly forced herself to hide that thought by coughing awkwardly into her sleeves.

"Hey, the most important thing in life is learning how to fall", admitted Mia.

Alec gave her a suspicious look.

"Mm....My hand...!!??", she pointed out at his hand which was holding her wrist.

He pulled away and put his hands into his pockets which made him look nervous.

"So, gonna sing today??", Mia spoke up to clear up the awkward situation between them.

During last music class, the teacher had asked them to prepare a song which was to be sung in this class.

"Yeah, I'm in. And you??", he asked her back for which she shook her head indicating a no.

They entered the classroom and took up their usual seats.

"By the way, What are you singing?", she asked excitedly.

"Nothing to get excited, you'll see it soon", snapped Alec and chuckled.

'The jerk is back!!! He has started to do this again. He can never be good.' Mia cursed him .

"Whatever. And for your information, no one is excited here!!", signed and played with her guitar.

The class began after few minutes and students were asked to sing and each one were appreciated based on their talents. Now it was Alec's turn.

Alec takes up his guitar and moved to the front, takes up the seat and played his guitar. After few notes, he starts singing.

~~~~~

I'm at a party I don't wanna be at
And I don't ever wear a suit and tie
Wonderin' if I could sneak out the back
Nobody's even lookin' me in my eyes
Then you take my hand
Finish my drink, say, "Shall we dance?" Hell, yeah
You know I love you, did I ever tell you?
You make it better like that

Don't think I fit in at this party
Everyone's got so much to say, yeah
I always feel like I'm nobody, mm
Who wants to fit in anyway?

'Cause I don't care when I'm with my baby, yeah
All the bad things disappear
And you're making me feel like maybe I am somebody
I can deal with the bad nights
When I'm with my baby, yeah
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
'Cause I don't care, as long as you just hold me near
You can take me anywhere
And you're making me feel like I'm loved by somebody
I can deal with the bad nights
When I'm with my baby, yeah
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh.....

~~~~~~~

He sung the song 'I don't care' originally sung by Ed Sheeran and Justin bieber.
He got a lot of appreciation for his voice and the way he played the guitar for the song.

Mia was dumbstruck on hearing his magical voice. Alec had a great voice and no one could deny the fact that he would become a great singer.

Mia smiled and her eyes widen a little the moment he looked at her but quickly changed her expression. She pretended that the song couldn't affect her in any way.

While everyone clapped for his song, Mia tried to show a serious expression.

Alec comes back to his seat and said,
"Enough pretending, I knew you loved it". He chuckled at his own comment.

"What!!! No...you could have done better. Though I don't admire Justin, he was way better than you!! Better luck next time for my appreciation!!", she managed to lie.

"Come on, you are a like an open book, easy to read. And most of all you may lie, but your eyes don't!!, he concluded.

"Whatever. You need improvement!!", she pouted at him which made him laugh hard.

"You need to improve the way you lie", smirked Alec. He started getting on Mia's nerves.

The class came to an end.
She waved a bye and walked up to her next class.

..................

"So, what's the meeting for??", asked Elena munching her sandwich. Lunch time is the only place where they four could hang out together in the whole day.

"No idea!! Jane, what about you??", questions Mia playing with her salad.

"Hope, it's about Halloween!!", said Jane sipping her smoothies.

"What?? Halloween seems to be earlier!!", responses Adam completing his burger.

"Yup!! The Halloween party might be on Friday's eve", stated Jane.

Everyone showed their surprised looks at Jane. Because every year Halloween would be celebrated at the last week of October and this year, it happens to be on the first week.

"So, it's time to trick or treat", beamed Jane.

"Time to decide up costumes", chirped Elena.

They continued their usual talks and the lunch break comes to an end.

"See you guys, meet you all at the usual spot by 4", Mia leaves the cafeteria.

.....................

Mia was late to the meeting again. She entered the room and found all the pairs of eyes looking at her. She gave her apologizing look and took up the seat.

Jane rolled her eyes showing Mia that she is pissed off since Mia was late to the meeting every single time.
The six club representatives were ready to put forth their ideas on Halloween party.

"The theme for the Halloween party will be decided by the visual arts club and the following decoration will be done by social media club and bloggers club.

The arrangements of furnitures will be handled by dancing club and tourism club.

This party should be both sweet and spooky, so let's do this right. Party games and activities will include capture the witch, mummy wrapping race, costume contest, one house trick or treating and a dance.

The decoration for the party can include a nightmare street and some other spooky things like flying swappers, and remember to announce there is award to the best costume, best paired costumes, and for the best dance", completed James.

Now mia has to speak something on her behalf. She was totally unprepared but she had the skill of managing any situation with zero preparation.

"Our Halloween party includes not only  themes of death, evil and mythical monsters but also sweet heart capturing angelic things.

The whole party decorations will be of three major colors which are black, orange and purple- the traditional colors of Halloween.

The party starts at 7PM after trick or treating.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.

So, let's work together as a great team and accomplish the goal of throwing the best party ever in the highschool history", cheers Mia getting applause from the clubs.

"The schedule is set, we start working on the decorations and the themes, each day by 5 PM. And the final party decorations will be on Thursday night.
Organizers has to be alert and has to handle up the event perfectly. So, let's get started", said James.

"Let, the party name be 'Fright Night' and decorations can be frightening like the name", suggested Mia.

The meeting comes to an end by 4PM with a lot of discussions and debates regarding the ideas for the spooky party.

Jane and Mia leaves the council room together chit chatting about nothing in specific.

.................

Elena and Adam were waiting for Mia and Jane at their usual spot.

"So, further plans?", questioned Elena.

"Have to stay here for the preparation of the Halloween party!!", said Jane in a low tone.

"Yeah, guys!! What's your plan for the eve??", asked Mia.

"Staying here with you people", stated Adam.

"Really!!! Woah, now we have got them, time will fly away soon",beamed Jane.

'Friends are thieves of time!!'

Mia smiled at them and they walked together to the council room.

...........

Hey readers!! Hope you enjoyed reading hallow's eve!! Stay tuned for further updates.

This chapter is dedicated to my beloved ones who pushed me to write even when I don't want to. This chapter is dedicated to my friends who said they would stand by my side no matter what and proved it all the time.

'ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOU HAVE THE RIGHT PEOPLE THERE TO SUPPORT YOU'!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279 134 6
Julia Walsh is quite the troublemaker. She's always getting herself into trouble at school, making bad choices, and just has a nasty attitude towards...
1.1M 60.6K 39
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
152K 2.8K 28
Most girls can say their sixteenth birthday was a day filled with joy, excitement, and happiness. I, on the other hand, couldn't have. Why, might you...
Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

175K 4K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...