Stuck With You

By Gingerassassin

What happens when two fiery souls meet? Rylee is reckless and careless. She does what she wants when she want... More

1: Sweethearts and Cigarettes
2: So... this is awkward
3: You don't exist
5: Smoke and tires
6: Luck? Who's she?
7: Plans and an ex
8: A pool conversation... how cliche
9: Racing in the rain
10: Butterflies?! No. Just no.
11: Trains and rain
12: ...What?
13: Something is off
14: Whoa
15: What is going on?
16: A drunken night
17: Marked
18: Scars
19: Well shit
20: A shot in the dark
21: A shot in the dark- Kason's POV
22: A letter
23: An end and a beginning
Question for y'all

4: Keys snatched

1.2K 48 7
By Gingerassassin

As I walked to school the following day, I heard the unmistakable, beautiful sound of a Pontiac Catalina engine rumbling behind me and moving closer. I couldn't help admiring the car as it drove by. If it weren't for the person who drove it, it would have been a perfect sight. I would love to drive that car. Even for a minute.

I'd ridden in it briefly, sure, but it wasn't the same. I wanted to feel that power under my feet and in my control. It's one of the things I loved about driving and racing; the control of a well crafted machine.

"That is one good looking car." A voice suddenly said beside me.

I jumped. "Oh! Jackson, I didn't see you there."

He laughed a little. "I noticed. You physically stopped when that car drove by."

"Well can you blame me? It's too beautiful to ignore."

"Oh, you mean like you?" Jackson asked, giving me a flirtatious look.

I snorted. "Funny. You really need to stop with the flirting. We tried last year, and it's clear we don't work."

He set his arm around my shoulders, leaning against me. "Hey, I can't help flirting with you. It's in my nature to charm the ladies."

I laughed. "Whatever you say, Jackson James. But it's still not going to happen."

"Oh, I know." He acknowledged as we continued walking. "Your attention is on whoever was driving that car."

I gave him a strange look. "What do you mean? I was looking at the car, dummy."

"I know." Jackson smiled down at me. "But they are clearly someone after your own heart, considering they drive one of your favorite cars. I bet you would date whoever they are in a heartbeat."

Was he serious? Me dating Kason? I busted up laughing. It was completely genuine.

Jackson looked a bit concerned. "What? What did I say?"

I tried to respond as I folded forward from laughing so hard. "You- you-" my laughter interrupted me.

"What's going on here?" Anne's voice asked as her shoes appeared in my vision.

"I have no idea, I think I broke her. Help me, Anne." Jackson said, sounding completely baffled.

I took in several deep breaths to calm myself down. "I'm sorry, it's just-" I took a second to catch my breath again. "You said I would date whoever drives that car. It was hilarious."

Jackson still seemed confused. "How was that funny?"

"I know who drives that car. The thought of dating him is laughable... As I've just demonstrated."

Anne waved her hand in front of my face. "Focus here, Rylee. How do you know them? We know the same people."

I forgot to tell Anne about being trapped. Well, I told her briefly... vaguely. "Okay, so you know how I wasn't here the other day?"

Anne nodded. "You said you got stuck in a warehouse. What about it?"

Jackson looked down at me. "This sounds interesting. Spill."

"I wasn't actually alone. There was another guy there. We had nothing to do but talk to each other. And when we got out he gave me a ride home in that gorgeous car of his."

"Well who was it?" Anne pushed.

I smirked. "If you're so eager to find out, maybe I won't tell you."

She pushed my arm. "You can't do that. Who was it?"

"It's... Kason."

"Kason who?" Jackson asked.

I tried to think of his last name and realized that I never learned it. "I don't know. I didn't think knowing his last name was important. It's not like I was planning on talking to him ever again." Even though I literally challenged him yesterday. Brilliant move, Rylee. You just couldn't back down.

Anne pointed at me. "When we get to school, you are going to point him out. I need to know who this guy is."

"Why? He's not important."

"If the thought of dating him is so hilarious to you, I want to see him for myself."

"I'm following you guys today. This is just too interesting." Jackson agreed.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, whatever. It's not like I can stop you."

The rest of the way to school I walked as slow as possible. Anne and Jackson would make me look for him the moment we arrived, so I decided to make us late so we would have to go to class. I wasn't sure why I was avoiding it. Maybe it was because of that challenge yesterday.

Thanks to my brilliant slowness, we got to school late. I was fine having a tardy. It was for a good cause. Anne wasn't too happy about it and ran to class after blaming me (rightly so). Jackson just shrugged and walked off.

I hoped they would both forget about it by lunch, but sadly, that wasn't the case. They were both waiting by my locker, ready to force me to show them who I was stuck with.

When I saw this, they hadn't spotted me yet. I stopped mid-step and decided to be a chicken. I turned to slip away, but bumped right into someone. It took me by surprise and I stumbled back with an unattractive 'oof'.

"Blind much, sweetheart?"

I glared up at Kason. Of course he's the one I bump into. The universe hates me. "In my way much?" I shot back. It didn't sound like a good come back without an annoying nickname, but I didn't have one for him at the moment.

"Where are you off to in such a rush?" He asked, scanning me over.

"Nowhere. It's not like it's your business anyway." I stepped around him. Anne and Jackson were going to spot us. "I hope you have a sucky day, Kason."

He laughed. "And here I was expecting so much from you. You sounded so confident when you challenged me yesterday. But I'm disappointed, truly."

I set a glare on him. "Challenging you was a stupid thing to do. I don't think it's a good idea for me to be around you. I should've just left it alone."

Kason grinned. "So you're giving up?"

"What? No. I just regret it. But I'm not backing down... Smokey."

He raised an eyebrow. "Smokey?"

My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. "It's- that's your annoying nickname. You have  one for me."

"It's not exactly creative, is it?" He pointed out helpfully. Not.

"Neither is sweetheart." I suddenly saw Anne from the corner of my eye staring at me, her jaw dropped. She was being a bit dramatic. But Jackson had the same expression. Great. "Well, it's been lovely, but I'm going to take off now." I turned on my heel.

But I was abruptly tugged to a stop as Kason grabbed the back of my back pack. "Slow down, Rylee."

I turned back to him, now feeling beyond annoyed. "What now?" I did my best not to snap. That would count as me cracking, meaning I would lose the challenge.

"You can't leave me so disappointed." He said, giving me a meaningful look.

"Oh, really?" He wanted to be annoyed? I would deliver. "Fine. Hold your hands up really quick."

Though confused, Kason raised his hands. He was holding his car keys in one hand. Perfect.

I smiled. "Thank you." I snatched his keys and ran the other way, shoving past people to escape.

"Hey!"

I could hear him running after me, and I tried moving faster. I dared a glance over my shoulder. He was closing in on me fast. I squeaked in fright and ran down another hallway.

"Jay! Grab her!" Kason yelled.

What?

A tall, red haired guy suddenly jumped in front of me and caught me before I could react.

"I got her!"

"No you don't!" I kicked him between the legs hard, and he crumpled over himself, releasing me. I jumped over him and kept running, just barely dodging Kason.

"Rylee!"

I reached the doors leading out toward the football field and shoved through them. I knew what I was going to do with these keys. I just needed to get there before he caught me.

Rhonda, a girl I raced with, was walking ahead of me, and when she heard Kason and I running, she turned around in confusion.

"Stall him for me, Rhonda!" I yelled as I ran by.

"Why?!" She called after me.

"I'll pay you!" I kept going, hoping she would at least slow him down. It would give me just enough time. I made it onto the football field and ran for the scoreboard.

Kason's footsteps were suddenly directly behind me. "Rylee-" he reached for me.

I stopped and threw the keys as hard as I could. Right then, Kason ran into me, knocking me flat. He fell on top of me and I groaned. "Ow." I pushed myself up just enough to look up at the scoreboard. "Yes!" The keys were sitting up there. Too high for anyone to reach.

Kason looked up to where I was looking. "Shit."

I laughed. "In your face, Smokey." I twisted to the side and shoved him off.

Kason grabbed my arms and pushed me to the ground again, his green eyes hot. I squeaked in surprise. "Not cool." He growled.

I was too entertained to be intimidated. "And here you call me sweetheart. Seems you need a nickname change."

He put his face right above mine. "You think you're funny, don't you, Rylee?"

"Does this mean I win? It really seems to me like you've snapped." I was living for this reaction of his. It was the best thing ever.

Something in his expression changed. His fury was still there, but it was... different. And he was suddenly getting... confident? Cocky? He was so hard to read!

"Oh, you haven't won, yet, sweetheart. I'm just thinking of what I can do to get you back." Kason studied my face, a smirk growing on his lips. "You'll love it, I'm sure."

That's not good.

"Well have fun getting your keys back." I pulled out of his hold and pushed him off. He let me get up this time. I brushed myself off. "See you never."

Kason only watched me leave, a dangerous glint in his eyes. I shook it off. Whatever he was planning couldn't be that bad... Right?

"What was that?" Anne demanded the moment I found her and Jackson.

Jackson eyed the dirt on my pants. "Yeah, what just happened?"

I smiled innocently. "Oh, you know. Just tormenting the guy that you guys were asking about this morning. Nothing unusual."

"That was him?" Anne questioned, looking at me like I was insane. "And you laughed at the thought of dating him!? Girl, you're crazy. He is a fine specimen."

I snorted. "Sure, he's good looking, but come on. I could do so much better than that. Besides, he's annoying and... cocky. Basically, he's an asshole."

Jackson burst out laughing. "That's perfect. No wonder you said you're tormenting him."

"And what is that about?" Anne asked. "I'm so confused right now."

I sighed. "You know how I can't seem to back down from... anything? Well, he was being annoying yesterday, so I... challenged him. It was dumb, but so far, I'm winning."

"That is gold." Jackson held his hand up.

I gave him a high five, unable to stop my victorious grin. "He isn't too happy with me right now, but it was totally worth it.

Anne rolled her eyes. "We shouldn't encourage her, Jackson."

"I don't see why not. It's entertaining."

"Exactly." I agreed, looking pointedly at Anne.

"You'll do what you want, you always do."

"Once again, you're always right."

Jackson ruffled my hair. "Well I'm glad to watch this pan out. It'll be interesting."

He couldn't be more right.

--------------------

Another part already. Let's see if this streak continues. Vote if you enjoyed it. Let me know what you think :). Thanks for reading (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 881 23
Just your basic 'He's the bad boy and she's the girl next door', type of story. Okay, Maybe not. It's more like 'He's a crazy, violent, anger prone...
99.8K 5.8K 38
" Oh fuck!!" "Little one, I don't think it suits a baby to curse." " Hey!! Who are you calling little? I am a big girl. Can't you see?? " she hissed...
186K 6.5K 32
"As you said yourself, you know me." "But I don't, not really," He starts, studying my body swiftly and making my breath catch in my throat. Shivers...
1K 49 19
I could feel his whiskey eyes on me. Felt him stabbing me with his staring. "Can you stop?" I finally pointed it out after being too.. nervous? "St...