The Gunslinger: Rising of the...

By Outlaw_Hunter

Y/N, a teenage boy visiting Japan in the summer, he comes across a book in a shop that will change his life f... More

Chapter 1: The Book
Chapter 2: A New Journey
Chapter 3: A Companion?
Chapter 4: Trust
Chapter 5: The Day Before
Chapter 6: The Wave of Catastrophe
Chapter 7: Dueling Pistols
Chapter 8: A New Member
Chapter 9: Help
Chapter 10: The Cowboy
Chapter 11: Catastrophe Returns
Chapter 12: Problematic
Chapter 13: Breaking Point
Chapter 14: Truth Revealed
Chapter 15: Close Call
Chapter 16: Judgement
Announcement

Chapter 17: Judge and Jury

11.7K 262 377
By Outlaw_Hunter

Y/n continued to look at the lifeless body of the Pope. Blood was spewing across the terrain, getting pretty close to his boots. Y/n stepped away from the corpse.

"Wow, you sure did a number on him." Motoyasu commented while he and the other heroes made their way to Y/n. Ren quickly went over and got the replica weapon.

"Couldn't you have made it less gruesome? We're supposed to be the light for people to look on for the waves. Not killing machines." Itsuki added.

"Like you're the ones to talk. Last I checked, you were causing more problems than there was to begin with. Heroes my ass, ain't nothing, but a bunch of fucking bums. Naofumi is the only one that can be called a hero here. I just did my job, you're lucky I didn't get your face with my bullets." Y/n retorted while pointing at Motoyasu.

"What's wrong with my face?"

"Nothing that hot lead can't fix"

"Easy now Y/n," Naofumi walked up to him. "I don't like them either, but I don't think you should go to that extent. As far as I'm concerned now, we're done here. So, I'll be on my way now with my party. Raphtalia, Fill, Melty!" He yelled out to them.

"I'm not going to make you stay here, but I do suggest you stick around" Y/n stopped him.

"Why? I-" Naofumi started to reply, but was stopped when someone let out a cry.

"Your holiness!?!" One of the Pope's subordinates yelled out in shock. His eyes twitched in fear seeing the dead body, he watched as more blood covered the terrain.

"W-which one of you did this?" He muttered.

"It was me. Figured he should get what he tried to do to us" Y/n nonchalantly replied.

"You'll pay for this Gunslinger!" The follower yelled at Y/n and tried to run after him. However, a familiar scaly animal stopped him by karate chopping the follower in the neck, knocking him out.

The animal looked to his master and gave him a big smile, without showing any of his teeth.

"Nice job buddy, next time don't be afraid to bite his head clean off" Y/n sarcastically replied.

"No! Don't you listen to him Toothless, you aren't going to do that" Sistine disapproved Y/n's suggestion.

The others listening to their conversation all sweat dropped. Y/n waved off Sistine and continued to talk to Naofumi.

"Don't mind her" Y/n started again, but was interrupted when Sistine yelled at him.

"Hey!"

"Anyways" Y/n raised his voice, "I think you should stick around until she comes"

"Who?" Naofumi questioned.

"I don't wanna say" Y/n started, before he could continue, he caught a glimpse of something in the far distance. He then pointed in the direction that he was looking at. "Because I think you'll meet her yourself, Naofumi"

By that time, Naofumi and Motoyasu's party had reached the group. Sistine and Toothless were keeping watch over the remaining followers. However, they all looked towards the direction that Y/n was pointing.

Coming over the hills, a large group was making it's way at a quick pace. Everyone, besides Sistine andToothless, were confused at the sight.

"What's this? Another attack by the Pope's followers?" Motoyasu asked.

"No dumbass. Just sit back and wait, this woman you're about to meet is someone very important." Y/n sighed at the Spear Hero.

Hearing Y/n say that made Malty eyes open in shock. Fortunately for her, nobody noticed her expression, so she gave a breath of relief.

It wasn't that long of a wait for the large group to arrive, it consisted a bunch of soldiers that served for Melromarc. They all stopped before the heroes and others. The middle of the group parted ways from each other, forming a path.

"M-mother?" Both Malty and Melty said at the same time. They were surprised to see her here, even more so in her battle armor.

The heroes looked at the path and stopped when their eyes met with an older woman with purple hair and eyes. She had her crown on while having her battle armor on, there were ruby's placed on the armor that matched the ones on her crown and ear rings. She was on top of a horse, along with other commanders. She got off the animal and started to make her way over to the heroes.

"And here I was about to take a nap and wait for you to get here" Y/n sarcastically told this woman.

"I apologise for not getting here sooner. However it seems like everything has been handled." The woman replied, she then looked at the dead body of the Pope, "it looks like you went to that extent Y/n to win this battle"

"Yeah, he ain't worth spit, so I did what I had to do"

"Wait! Who is this?" Motoyasu interrupted.

"If you would be just a bit more patient, you would figure it out in a second, dumbass." Y/n answered.

"The four cardinal heroes," she started, this got the attention of all of them, "I am Queen Mirellia Q Melromarc, the ruler of Melromarc."

"The Queen? Wait, why haven't you been at your throne?" Itsuki asked.

"That is something I will tell you all soon. Right now I need all of the soldiers to round up the followers of the Three Heroes Church, they will atone for their actions against the heroes and Melromarc." Mirellia replied while ordering all of the soldiers to detain the followers.

While that was happening, Y/n caught a glimpse of a few Shadow's heading to Myne. She was going to argue with them, but she agreed to whatever they told her and began to follow them, they rest of Motoyasu's party followed suit.

"I would like for all of you to return to Melromarc with me, there I will explain everything that has happened since you've arrived here in this world." The Queen started again, but Naofumi quickly interrupted her.

"No can do, I plan on leaving today. I don't have anything to do with Melromarc. All it's done is screw me over, ever since I had been summoned here."

"Yeah and she plans to make it right Naofumi" Y/n retorted.

"Sword, Bow, and Spear heroes, can you three assist my soldiers in rounding everyone up? I would like to speak to the Shield Hero and the Gunslinger privately" the Queen requested.

"Uh sure?" Motoyasu replied.

"Yes your majesty" Ren added. Then the three of them went to help out the soldiers. Sistine, Toothless, Raphtalia, Melty, and Filo were looking at the Queen, Y/n, and Naofumi, waiting to see what the Queen will say.

"First off Shield Hero I want to say thank you and I apologise for everything that has happened to you up to this point. If I wasn't away, I assure you what you went through wouldn't have ever happened." Mirellia started.

"Hard to believe that honestly" Naofumi sighed. "Why were you not at your throne this whole time?"

"Before you all were summoned, I was traveling countries to make peace with them and so when we were going to summon the four Cardinal Heroes, we could work together to fight the Calamity. However, that was ruined when the Three Heroes Church and King Aultcray summoned you all at once. After I was informed about that, all the countries were infuriated and I had to go and try to make amends for my country's foolish mistake." She explained.

"Yeah, I was informed that all four Cardinal Heroes were supposed to be able to handle a wave on their own."

"Please allow me to clear your name, I'm well aware that you wish to not work with us, but allow to make things right with you, Naofumi" the Queen pleaded.

"What exactly do you plan to do to make things right?"

"I will start by giving you five hundred gold coins."

That made Raphtalia and Filo's eyes widened in surprise.

"Master Naofumi" Raphtalia muttered.

"And second I will have an announcement to all of Melromarc about how you were framed from the start, Shield Hero." Mirellia then took a deep breath, but she then turned to her daughter. "Melty, can you take the other's away from here? I wish to speak to the Shield Hero and Y/n alone"

"Uh yes mother!" Melty agreed, "come on guys, let's go see if everything is being handled accordingly" the rest of the group then followed the second princess away.

"So what else is there to this?" Y/n asked after the group got a good distance away.

"I will put Malty and Aultcray on trail for treason and conspiracy against the Shield Hero and even you as well Y/n." She started, there was some hesitation in her voice. Y/n noticed this and saw her hand slightly start to shake, "to prove my point more, I will find them guilty because of what Y/n and my shadow's have told and shown me, and I will execute them"

This made both Y/n and Naofumi cough.

"Do what?" Naofumi muttered.

"Yes, you heard me clearly. My job as Queen is to protect my country, even if it means I have to execute my own family."

"I'm in no line to say anything because you asked me to let you handle things with your daughter. I'm just surprised you said this, but whatever you choose, I support it" Y/n replied.

"Well, I will come to see you make things right with me and the people of Melromarc. As far as executing Myne and Aultcray, I'm not saying anything about your decision, you're the Queen and you do what's best for your country." Naofumi agreed to Mirellia's proposal.

"I'm relieved that you'll come listen to me make things right with you and my country."

"Well, guess that settles things here. Might as well get these folks back to Melromarc" Y/n tried to end this conversation.

"I agree, but Y/n, can I speak to you before we head back to Melromarc? I have a request for you" Mirellia asked the Gunslinger.

"I'll let you two talk. I'll see you tomorrow at the castle your majesty." Naofumi stated as he began to walk away.

After he was at a distance where he couldn't hear Y/n and Mirellia, Y/n turned to the Queen and waited for her to talk.

She began to ask the Gunslinger something, which surprised him.

"Are you okay with that?" He asked the Queen. He wasn't looking her in the eye, he was observing her body language. He noticed her hand starting to shake.

"I must do what's right for this country. Whatever is necessary." She hesitated to reply again.

"Okay, I'll do that, but as long as you're still okay with it" Y/n replied. He then guided her back to her horse.

Time Skip

It didn't take everyone too long to get back to Melromarc. Motoyasu, Ren, and Itsuki all fast traveled to the country, it was an order directly from the Queen. Naofumi and Y/n stayed back to help the Queen out with the soldiers guiding the followers back to the country, as well as their party members.

It was currently middle of the night, and Y/n, Sistine, and Toothless were all sleeping in the castle. The Queen let the dragon sleep in the castle, which surprisingly had tall and wide enough doors to let the creature stay in. She gave Y/n and Sistine their own respective rooms to sleep in for the night, Toothless slept in front of Sistine's bed.

The dragon was woken up by a whimper. He picked his head up and looked over to Sistine, she was the one whimpering. She was having a nightmare right now.

She was tossing and turning, muttering out names in her sleep. From Rumia to Glenn, to Y/n. Toothless was about to wake her up by nuzzling to her, but he thought of another idea.

He walked to the door and opened it up, and quickly made his way to Y/n's room. He opened up the door to see the Gunslinger. He was sleeping peacefully in his bed, the dragon could tell this was most he had been worn out. However, this didn't stop him from going through with his plan.

Y/n had his left leg over the cover while sleeping, his left arm was dangling off the side of the bed. Toothless quietly moved to his bed and started to lick Y/n's face.

Y/n gasped for air while waking up, he wiped his face with the cover.

"God damn, what happened?" He muttered through the cover. He pulled it down to only have his eyes meet with a familiar companion.

"Toothless? What the hell? I thought you were in Sistine's room?" Y/n questioned. The dragon nodded his head to answer his master, but he then grabbed Y/n's arm and dragged him out of bed.

"The hell are you doing?" Y/n asked worriedly while trying to get his hand away from the dragon. The dragon held on tightly and continued to drag Y/n. Soon he got to Sistine's door to her room and pushed Y/n into the room and quickly shutting it, quietly so that Sistine didn't wake up.

"What the hell is that dragon thinking?" Y/n tried to open the door. However, he stopped when he heard whimpering. He turned to see Sistine tossing and turning in her sleep.

"Looks like she's having a nightmare" Y/n mumbled and walked over to her bed. As he was getting closer, he started to hear her mumble as well. She was repeatedly saying names.

"Rumia.... no......" Sistine turned over once more. This time she was facing Y/n, and he noticed her shaking a bit, now being close to her.

"Rumia, wonder who that is." Y/n questioned, but he quickly shook his head and decided to wake up the girl.

"Hey" he gently pushed on her arm. She didn't budge. So he tried again, but this time a bit more force.

Sistine quickly woke up and gasp for air, then she started to look around the room quickly in fear, until her eyes met with someone. She didn't take the time to settle down because she instantly brought her hand up to fire a magic spell.

Y/n noticed this and quickly ducked down, he heard the spell hit the wall of the room.

"Easy now killer!" He slightly raised his voice to make Sistine realize who it was.

"Y-y/n?" Sistine questioned in disbelief.

"Yeah it's me sweetheart, the hell you think you're doing?" Y/n peeked his head up slowly.

"I should be asking you that" Sistine wiped her eyes, "what're you doing in my room?"

"Well Toothless woke me up and dragged my ass in here, surprised you didn't wake up, and then when I was about to go back to my room I heard you whimpering, you were having a nightmare. You also kept muttering names out too."

"Oh.." Sistine realized and she looked away, "Yeah I was having one"

"Care to talk about it? I'm not forcing you to, but sometimes, talking does help."

"Whose name did I mutter?" Sistine asked, sounded like she didn't want to talk about her dream.

"Rumia? I think that's what the name was" Y/n answered.

Sistine didn't answer that, she just kept looking away from Y/n. That name clearly meant something to her.

"Sounds like that person is special to you" Y/n tried to continue with the conversation.

"She is, she's my foster sister." Sistine quietly answered.

"I see" Y/n looked at his companion. "You know, I don't really know much about you. You just told me how you got into this world, but all this time we haven't really sat down and got to really know each other."

"Yeah, now that you mention it, we haven't really had the time to just sit and talk to one another."

"Well, would you like to talk about that? Unless you plan on leaving me and Toothless, then we don't have to talk" he laughed. This caused Sistine to slap his arm.

"No I'm not planning on leaving you two, idiot. It does seem like we can catch a break now that Queen Mirellia is back. So why not?" She turned to Y/n again.

"Well I'm Y/n L/n, seventeen years old and I was visiting a different country when I was summoned here. You already know that this person I am now is someone else from a game."

"Right, but take away the character you are now, who are you without him?"

"Well, I just attend school and play video games a lot, I don't have any siblings, just an only child. Really not much to be honest." Y/n laughed. "I'm not into sports and everything like that."

"Video Games? What are those?" Sistine asked

"You don't have anything like that?"

Sistine shook her head in denial.

"Well let's see how I can put this" Y/n started to explain. "In my world, I don't have magic. Which is odd because I got summoned her. However, people are able to make these video games to show how magic works to people who don't and can't use it."

"How are people able to see the game?"

"TV's, Computers"

"I don't know what those are either" Sistine sweat dropped.

"Well, since you say that I'm guessing your world uses magic just like this one in a way. You project things using magic for other people to see."

Sistine agreed to that.

"In a way, we do the same with the TV's and computers. I don't want to confuse you more, and it's also like three in the morning. So that's it for me really, my life was kind of boring before this" Y/n scratched the back of his neck.

"I don't think so. It's interesting to know about other world's" Sistine retorted. "I guess it's my turn now, I'm Sistine Fibel" she giggled at reintroducing herself, "I'm fifteen years old and I attend a magic school called Alzano Imperial Magic Academy. Rumia attends there with me."

"Ah, so that uniform you were wearing when I first met you is the uniform for the school."

"Yes, did you forget? I said it when we first met." Sistine nodded while having a smile form.

"I guess I forgot" Y/n scratched the back of his neck, "So what're you studying at the school for? I've read fantasy books that have similar situations, becoming part of the army, studying magic itself more, and many others."

"Well, my main goal is to figure out the mystery of the Melgalius' Sky Castle, nobody knows it. My grandfather and I used to study it together before he passed. Now I'm going the academy to study and figure out that mystery." Sistine's face saddened after explaining that.

"Im sorry for your loss" Y/n started. "Sounds like a massive goal to achieve, but I think you'll do it, once I get you back to your world"

"Thank you. It's really difficult and I've wanted to give up many times. However, Professor Radars and thinking about my grandfather usually help me get back to my goal." Sistine replied.

"This Professor Radars person, he the feller that let you cast an incorrect spell to be sent here?"

"Yeah..." Sistine nervously replied. "It's been a while since we've said anything about it. I think it was where I could see what's going on in the book, but I ended up saying it in a slower sequence and now here I am."

"That so?" Y/n laughed. He then patted her back, "don't you just feel bright after doing that"

"Shut up" Sistine turned her head away. However, talking to Y/n started to make her feel a lot better. She was happy that Toothless did what he did.

The two continued with the conversation for another hour or so. Y/n was making Sistine laugh and Sistine was doing the same. Both of them were intrigued in each other's lives and worlds. Y/n tried to explain technology to Sistine, but wasn't getting anywhere. It was a bit difficult of how he was explaining it and the accent that Erron Black has.

Y/n stretched out his arms and yawned, "guess I need to go back to sleep. We have to get up in a few hours and I need as much sleep as possible." He then stood up and was about to walk to the door. However, he felt a tug on his shirt.

"C-can you stay with me?" Sistine muttered. Her face was beet red in embarrassment.

Y/n started to get a bit nervous over the question. He figured it was because she didn't want to have that nightmare again.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Mhm, I just feel safe around you." She whispered. Barely enough to where Y/n could hear.

Y/n turned back around and let Sistine get comfortable in the bed. He then slowly got into the bed with her. He got in a comfortable position, which was facing the same way as he was when Toothless woke him up.

They both tried to go to sleep instantly, but that wasn't happening due to them being so nervous with one another. After a while, Y/n decided to speak up.

"Can't sleep?"

"N-no" Sistine instantly replied.

"You were the one who wanted me to stay here"

"Shut up" Sistine muttered. Her face was still red from embarrassment.

"Ah come on, no need to be like that" Y/n teased, even though he was extremely nervous. "More than welcomed to snuggle up to me darlin, ya know I don't bite" the Erron Black side of him added.

'God damnit!' Y/n scolded himself.

"H-huh?"

"I-I mean only if you want to" Y/n quickly replied.

Outside the door, there was Toothless resting in front of it, hearing the two getting to know each other more. He was happy to hear Sistine talking to Y/n, she was starting to get into a better mood.   However, he shook his head in disappointment hearing the two right now. So, he laid his head back down and closed his eyes, letting the two figure out the sleeping arrangement.

Time Skip

Y/n and his party were the first ones invited into the main hall. There, Queen Mirellia and Melty were already present. People started gathering in the seats above, waiting for what is to come next.

"Morning your majesty, morning Melty" Y/n greeted her as they walked in. Mirellia smiled at the sight.

"Good morning Y/n" Melty was the first to reply.

"Good Morning Gunslinger. I apologise for bringing you here earlier than the others. Did you and your party sleep well last night?" She questioned.

That made Sistine's face reddened quickly, the Queen noticed, but didn't want to ask anything else.

"Yeah it was alright I s'pose. After everything that's happened my body was worn out."

"You're more than welcomed to stay here until you feel like you're in full health" Mirellia offered.

"Appreciate the offer your majesty. Still surprised you want me by your side during this"

"Well, I was the one who summoned you and you've also had issues with the country, Gunslinger, and I'm here to make it right today."

"What exactly is going to happen?" Sistine asked.

"You'll see" Y/n replied. He didn't say anything to her earlier, due to Mirellia only speaking with him and Naofumi.

"The truth will be revealed today. I apologise for everything being so vague, but in due time, everything will go back to order." Mirellia added, she then looked at Y/n once more. "Y/n, even though you couldn't bring the four cardinal heroes together like I had asked, I am grateful for you and your companions help with the Calamity these waves have brought since you've arrived. You've kept my country and other's safe." She added.

"No need act like this" Y/n interrupted her, "I was just doing my job, besides I'm not a hero."

"You still have my gratitude for everything." She replied.

"Well, didn't seem like a choice when I got here. Anyways, when is this thing gonna start?" Y/n asked.

"In just a few minutes. Everyone should be in their respective positions right now. The four cardinal heroes should be here any minute now as well" Mirellia answered. She then looked over to look out of the window in the hall.

"Well, I'm just gonna prop myself up over here and watch all this unfold." Y/n spoke aloud and walked over to a pillar. Sistine and Toothless followed him as well. Y/n leaned back on the pillar and pushed his hat to cover his eyes. He was still a bit tired from last night, so he decided to just rest his eyes while they waited for the others.

After a while, everyone was seated in the main hall, there were a few magic spheres placed in the room, to broadcast the coming event. The door to the hall opened slowly and in came the four cardinal heroes, along with Raphtalia and Filo.

Sistine waved at Raphtalia and Filo, which they returned the gesture. Filo wanted to go greet Melty, but Naofumi had her stay back.

"The Four Cardinal Heroes all in one place, along with the Gunslinger." Mirellia started.

"Why did you call us here today?" Motoyasu questioned instantly.

Mirellia looked at Melty and then to the guards at the back of the room, "Bring them in." She ordered. This made everyone look to the back of the room, besides Y/n, he kept his head down.

The doors were opened up by two soldiers, and soon King Aultcray and Princess Malty were revealed in handcuffs and chains. Everyone besides Naofumi and Y/n were shocked to see them like this.

"Myne!" Motoyasu yelled at his companion.

"Sir Motoyasu!" She replied. She then looked at the Queen. "Why are you being so cruel Mama!?!"

"Let's get started shall we?" Mirellia started, "the trial of the foolish king consort and the first princess. With the Four Cardinal Heroes and the Gunslinger in attendance. We shall punish those who have done to shake this country to the core. As Queen, I shall be the judge."

This surprised everyone once more. Y/n smirked under his mask hearing those words come out of the Queen's mouth. Finally, after all this time, order will be restored.

"My Queen?! What has happened to bring you to do this? Is it the Devil of the Shield brainwashing you?" Aultcray asked. This made Mirellia freeze him in place.

"The Shield Hero has no ability to do such, it is foolish that I even have to say that to you." Mirellia looked away. She then ordered a servant to grab a tray, which contained a magic in the liquid. The walked over to Mirellia, who took a knife to draw a small drop of blood into the magical liquid.

The woman, along with two others, walked over to Malty, who was pinned down by soldiers.

"W-what're you doing?!?" Malty panicked.

"To insure a fair trail, you'll be given a temporary slave crest. You're not fooling anyone during this trail." Mirellia answered.

"How can you do that to your own daughter?" Motoyasu retaliated.

"Because my daughter is a pathological liar"

"No I'm not! I've been a good, honest girl!" Malty retorted.

'That's a fucking lie' Y/n thought.

The servants went over to the first princess and quickly drew the slave crest on her. She tried to squirm away from the grip, but she stopped when the crest was completed. The steam coming off the crest showed that it was completed.

After that, two podiums were brought out to where Malty and Aultcray had to stand.

"Let's us officially begin. Remember, your crimes are for all to see. You cannot and will not worm your way out this." Mirellia continued with this trail.

"You can't convict them of anything without explanation. Besides, what so called crimes do you claim that they committed?" Motoyasu asked. This already sent Y/n over the edge.

"Oh God fucking damn, we're really gonna start out like this Cinderella?" Y/n interrupted, looking up to see the Spear Hero in the eyes. "You've been so pussy whipped from the start that you cannot see the truth? At times I thought you actually weren't all that stupid, but turns out you're dumber than a box of rocks! How the hell do you think the church was able to get the fake weapon? Who altered the video of Melty getting 'captured' by the Shield Hero? Who lied about being raped from the start? It was her dumbass! The whole slave crest is to prevent her from defying her mother, also known as lying!" He finished. Sistine looked over to Y/n and saw his face starting to turn red from anger.

"Please calm down" Sistine whispered to him.

Toothless got up and got into a defensive stance, his eyes narrowed at Motoyasu.

Before Motoyasu could reply to the Gunslinger, Mirellia stepped in.

"Y/n here has stated important points. We will start from the recent events. With the fabricated fake weapon, the Pope of the Three Heroes church tried to murder the cardinal heroes, as well as the Gunslinger, and frame the Shield Hero, but was killed in the attempt. We are still rounding up remnants of the church as we speak." Mirellia started.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Motoyasu argued.

"You're about two seconds away from me shooting your god damn face off if you don't shut the fuck up and let the Queen continue." Y/n quickly answer. Sistine grabbed his hand to get him to look at her. She shook her head at the threat he just made.

"Y/n, I ask you to refrain from doing that" Mirellia looked over to him, she then looked back to everyone. "Appallingly, the king and the first princess were colluding with the church."

"No that can't be" Motoyasu muttered.

"Any objections?" Mirellia asked the defendants.

"What reason would I have to collude with the three heroes ch-" Malty tried to explain, but the slave crest activated and sent a shock thought her body, making her scream in pain. This signaled her first lie.

"It's appalling to think the first princess would try to over throw the state." Mirellia sighed in disappointment and disbelief.

"Forget the shield hero! They tried to kill the other heroes too! And they even wanted to come after the royal family! I swear I wouldn't get myself involved with that!" Malty responded. This time, the crest didn't activate.

"See?! Myne didn't do anything wrong after all!" Motoyasu argued.

Y/n shook his head in utter disgust to the stupidity that this guy was showing.

"Alright, then onto Y/n's next point. What about the events of you trying to kill your younger sister, heir to the throne and try to frame the Shield Hero, all to regain the title heir to the throne. In the failed attempt, you manipulated the evidence to show that the Shield Hero kidnaped Melty. You also burned down the forest and framed the Shield Hero as well." Mirellia continued on.

This made the King look at his eldest daughter in complete shock.

"Malty, you wouldn't!?!"

"I swear I wo-" Malty tried to defend herself, but the crest activated once more. This time it was a lot stronger than before. Her scream in pain and agony were loud enough for people to cover their ears.

"Sister, no..." Melty held a fist to her heart.

"You conspired with the church and planned to assassinate the heir to the throne so you could regain that title. Do you deny it?"

"Of course I deny it! She is my little sister, I would- nghhhhhhh!" Malty tried to answer, but her lies were shown once more.

"It's true" Ren turned to Motoyasu.

"No, she wouldn't" Motoyasu uttered in disbelief.

"Malty, how could you?!" Aultcray asked in disbelief. However, the Queen started to question him.

"King Aultcray, you conspired with the church as well. You worked with them to summon the four Cardinal Heroes at once while I was away."

"Of course I did! I had counter the impending waves of Catastrophe! On the very first night, the Shield Hero committed an unspeakable sin to our daughter!" Aultcray replied.

"That's right! Naofumi assaulted princess Myne!" Motoyasu added.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me" Y/n muttered. "Why did I agree to this knowing I would get worked up?" He questioned himself.

"Why don't we ask her about that then?" Mirellia questioned. "Malty, were you truly assaulted by the Shield Hero?"

Malty, who was now trying to catch her breath, quickly raised her head to answer.

"Yes! He raped me! He pun-" she lied once more. The crest activated to it's fullest, sending the most amount of pain throughout the body of the girl. She screamed in pain and fell over.

"No, that can't be!" Motoyasu disbelieved what he saw.

"Well Spear Hero, why don't you form a contract to see for yourself if she's lying or not?" Mirellia suggested.

Everyone outside the castle watching saw the Spear Hero say he'll prove her innocent. He drew some blood to a new magic liquid and another crest was formed on Malty's chest. They all saw her lie once again to her main companion. Chatter started to emerge throughout the crowd, realizing the truth was being shown right to their eyes. Naofumi's name was being cleared amongst the country, but he didn't feel happy about it at all. It looked like torture to see what was happening in front of his eyes.

"Hopefully you understand now. Despite their status as royalty, the resorted to dirty tricks. Concerning only to obtain more power for themselves" Mirellia continued on, but was interrupted by Malty's scream in pain.

"I admit my actions are unbecoming of royalty. However! I did it for the love of my country and family!" He yelled to his wife. This stunned Mirellia, and Y/n was the only one to notice it. He just saw that despite what's going on at the moment, Mirellia loved her husband dearly. "That is why I tried my best to eliminate the Shield Hero! He is the devil! And I refuse to let him bring the past of the calamity to my family! Never again!" He slammed his fist into the podium.

Y/n had enough of this nonsense that this king was speaking at the moment, so he decided to speak up.

"Before you cast your final call your majesty, may I speak? I just want to ask general questions to both defendants, mostly Aultcray." Y/n stepped forward. He let go of Sistine's hand and patted Toothless' head, signaling he was alright now.

"Go ahead Gunslinger. You were also threatened by the king himself." Mirellia granted him.

"Let's start with the obvious, partner" Y/n walked up to the King. He gave the Gunslinger a look of disgust. "Do these four cardinal heroes look like the previous ones you've seen before, as in their own person?"

"No"

"Then why would you think that Naofumi here is the devil of the shield?" Y/n asked.

"Like I said, past shield heroes have brought calamity to my own family! Did you not even listen?" Aultcray retorted.

"I wouldn't get smart with me amigo, Ill shoot that ten gallon mouth right off your face." Y/n threatened. "I just can't seem to understand that you think all of them are bad. Maybe one or two were a bad apple at being the shield hero, but that don't mean the whole damn tree was rotten. The Shield Hero is praised in other countries because he doesn't look at people different. Yet, you never gave him a chance. You just let your dime a dozen daughter here lie to your face about a fake assault and you just fucked him over." Y/n looked to Malty who was laying on the floor, breathing heavily.

"What exactly are you trying to get at Gunslinger?"

"To be honest, this is almost pay back for when you held my companion hostage and forced me to fight Motoyasu, which I did, and still can, beat his ass to a pulp. However, I was just tired of hearing these excuses. I will say, last time I stepped into this place, I warned you that hell would be coming to breakfast. Yet, you didn't believe me, did you?" He questioned the king.

"No, I didn't."

"Well, look where it got ya. You fucked over your country and your family. You threw away your last chance for forgiveness, but you're stubborn as a bull because you despise the Shield Hero. How pitiful." He then walked over to Malty. She looked up at Y/n with the same look as Aultcray.

"Hey there, sucks to be you doesn't it?" He laughed. "you thought you had it made by faking an assault, trying to kill your sister to reagin a title and try to frame and kill Naofumi."

"What, you think you're something special Gunslinger? Rubbing in my face? Quit wasting my time" Malty replied.

"I'm the goddamn best at what I do Princess. That's why I'm the strongest one here in the group!" He then looked around to everyone in the hall and finally back to Queen Mirellia.

"Ya think we should tell em about me?" Y/n suggested.

"The people should know, I believe they've been confused about you for too long." Mirellia started, she then took a deep breath. "To all those listening, the person you see before yourself is the fifth hero that has been summoned here! His name is Y/n Black, the Gunslinger and I, Queen Mirellia, was the one who summoned him."

That caused quite a stir amongst everyone, but they waited for her to explain more.

"Summoning the Gunslinger was an act of desperation from me. I was informed about everything happening between the four Cardinal Heroes, but I couldn't do such a thing because I was out making peace with other countries for my country's mistake on summoning all four heroes at once. Y/n was tasked to get all four heroes to work with one another again. Unfortunately, the conspiracy and treason of King Aultcray, Princess Malty, and the Three Heroes church had made impossible for all of them to work together. You may wonder about what his weapon is, but it's more than one. Unlike traditional weapons, Y/n has weapons ahead of our time."

Y/n pulled his revolvers for everyone to see. He then quickly shoved back into the holsters. He then pointed at the rifle on his back.

"It was a panicked decision, but that is what I felt like what needed to be done to protect my country and our world."

"I think they get the gist now Queen. Besides, this act is nothing compared to the ones these two have committed. So you should get back to your verdict." Y/n stated while walking back to his companions.

"Thank you Gunslinger. As for my verdict on King Aultcray and Princess Malty. I find the two defendants guilty of high treason and conspiracy! The two will be sentenced to death! These two will also be stripped of their titles of royalty immediately." Mirellia ordered.

That decision shocked the entire country to it's core. Chatter emerged quickly among them all.

"Your majesty, that's too much!" Melty cried.

"Instead of helping the country and people. You sought out to find power in desperation. That is unforgivable. Even after the waves, you did nothing!" Mirellia answered looking at the criminals, she then looked to her youngest daughter. "You saw it with your own eyes, all that was lost, the pain and suffering that could've been avoided."

"W-well" Melty stuttered. She then began to remember the pain Raphtalia went through before she met Naofumi.

"The execution will commence immediately!" Mirellia ordered while standing up, "send these sinners to their deaths in front of all the people that they have wrong!"

Y/n looked up to his companions, seeing the surprise look in their eyes. Even they thought it was too much, Y/n couldn't blame them. However he said he would support any decision that the Queen would make.

"Well, guess it's showtime" Y/n mumbled to himself. He then patted Toothless' head again. He then pulled Sistine into a side hug, telling her it was all going to be fine.

Time Skip

Everyone that was in the castle, and then some civilians gathered to a familiar place within the castle. It was the same place Y/n and Motoyasu had their duel long ago. The Spear, Bow, and Sword Hero stood beside one another. Sistine went with Naofumi and his party, Y/n was nowhere to be seen at the moment. Toothless was sitting on top of the balcony that the Queen resided in.

King Aultcray and Princess Malty were brought to a platform that was placed in the area. They were chained down to the platform, only allowing their heads to move freely.

"Your actions caused the death to my daughter!" One civilian yelled.

"My mother died because of you!" Another added.

"Bring on the guillotine!" A few started to chant.

"People of Melromarc, in past times of executions, we would behead those who betrayed our company. However, it is dawn of a new era between Melromarc and it's people. Since these two have wronged more than one hero, I've decided to make someone an executioner for today's trail. Please come on out now" Mirellia ordered. This silenced the crowd as they now began to look around for the person.

Coming out of the tunnel in front of the two criminal's, Aultcray and Malty started to hear the clicking of metal as each step was taken. The person started to make an appearance, his black boots and charcoal pants were slowly coming into view. Then the torso of the person had the same color matching cloth, but now with red buttons and accents on the vest. The utility belt was charcoal all around besides the red belt buckle, the holsters on it matched as well. A poncho covered his neck and flowed onto his back. A red leather mask covered most of the face of the person and a red accent cowboy hat completed the look. There was also a rifle strapped to the back of the person.

"Out of all people it has to be you?!" Aultcray yelled.

"No, no, no" Malty muttered in fear. She then remembered what he did to the Pope.

The man walked out of the tunnel and into everyone's view. A gasp emerged from about everyone. Then questions filled the air.

"Y/n? Why are you doing this?" Sistine asked herself looking at the Gunslinger. At this point, anything is still a surprise for her with this guy. However, she started to wonder why he didn't talk to her about this.

"A hero? Why?"

"This is confusing, but why wouldn't the Queen just use the guillotine?"

"I know what you're all thinking" Y/n started. "A hero being used as an executioner is quite the head scratcher, ain't it? But, I'll start off by saying I ain't no hero, I ain't like the others. I just do my job for the money, so don't think of me as a hero, the other four are the one's y'all need to focus on. I've killed multiple people now, these two here are no different. However, what I'm doing now is simply an order from her majesty, so I couldn't refuse at all since she was the one who summoned me and got me on my feet." Y/n looked over to the Queen and started to remember their conversation from yesterday.

Flashback

Naofumi let the two speak as he went to go meet up with his party.

"Y/n, I know this isn't an easy task to do. However, I feel like you're the only one who is able to do so." Mirellia started.

"Uh, whatcha talking about Queen Mirellia?" Y/n asked her, he was a bit confused by that statement.

"Y/n, I ask you to be the first executioner Melromarc has ever had in tomorrow's trail. Aultcray and Malty will be found guilty, they cannot lie about their wrong doings to this country." She added.

"Why an executioner?"

"Times are changing Y/n. I've seen it across the land while being away. With me returning, I want the people to know that I choose my country before I choose my family" She explained. Y/n noticed her body language starting to change. Her hand was slowly starting to shake while explaining this.

"I get that, but why an executioner all of the sudden? Don't yall use a guillotine or something?" He questioned.

"They've done you wrong too Gunslinger. All the pain and suffering they've caused, only you are the one I can trust to go through with this." Mirellia slightly raised her voice.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?"

"I must do what's right for this country. Whatever it takes" she replied.

"Okay, I will do this, as long as you're still okay with it" He replied while they started to walk back to her horse.

Present Time

"I'll give it a few for someone to speak up because you're not acting like the Queen right now. You're a wife and mother that doesn't want to see their loved ones killed. But if nobody speaks up, I'm pulling the trigger." He spoke to himself while walking up to the platform.

"You're bluffing! You aren't going to kill us!" Aultcray disbelieved what was going on. However, a loud gun shot quickly erupted the area, making a few people scream and duck. Aultcray then felt his right cheek get warm, a small cut was made on it from the bullet. The bullet hit the wall near the other entrance.

"By now you should know I ain't." Y/n replied while pointing the revolver at his face. Smoke was coming off the end of the barrel. He quickly spun the revolver on his finger and put it away in his holster.

Y/n began to pull out two bullets from his pocket, both engraved with Aultcray and Malty's name on them. He showed it to the two.

"Christmas came early for you two" Y/n mocked, "I thought these were the perfect gift for people like you."

Malty started to freak out as she watched Y/n put the bullet into the chamber of the gun.

"W-wait! Sir Motoyasu! Please help me!" She looked to the guy she had around her finger. He simply looked away. Malty freaked out even more, but surpringly, she turned her head to the one person she's fucked over the most, Naofumi.

"P-please! Shield Hero! I beg you, please help me!" She screamed. She screamed even louder when she heard the hammer of the revolver click back. "PLEASE NAOFUMI! PLEASE!"

Sistine heard the girl beg for her life to the Shield Hero. However, she couldn't take her eyes off of Y/n, who was calmly holding the two revolvers close to their heads, ready to pull the trigger at any moment.

Mirellia stood up from her chair and raised her left arm, but her right hand was clenching on something behind her back, Melty couldn't see this.

"May the execution commence!" Mirellia held her breath.

"Hold on a second!" A new voice echoed through the tunnel Y/n came out of. Soon, Naofumi quickly emerged through. This made the Queen sigh in relief.

"I think the death penalty is too good for these two. Why put them out of their misery quickly when they've caused harm and suffering on others for quite some time now?" He then walked up to the stairs of the platform.

"Malty here is so damn stubborn that she dares to beg for her life to the person  she was trying to kill, and even mean it! The slave crest didn't activate! That makes me wonder if Y/n's bullet would even go through her head?" Naofumi explained more. This caused the crowd to laugh, but Y/n was slightly offended by that.

"Amigo, I know what you're trying to do, but my bullets will go through anything. It'll make her skull explode into pieces, instantly." Y/n disagreed, he pulled the weapons away from their heads.

"I know Y/n, but come on, don't you think this is too easy for them? The pain and suffering they've caused, don't you think they should atone in a different way?" He questioned the Gunslinger.

"Do you have a better idea?"

"Of course! From now on the King will be known as Trash and the princess will be known as Bitch!" Naofumi answered. This made the crowd laugh even more.

"Hey! I will not be called Bitch!" Malty retorted.

"I will not be known as Trash!" Aultcray added.

"You are now and will be for the rest of your life! If not then Y/n can pull those triggers and send you to your death." Naofumi shrugged his shoulders.

Mirellia stepped closer to the rails of her balcony.

"Malty went by her adventuring name, Myne while she was with the Spear Hero. Do you suggest she changes her adventuring name as well?" She questioned the Shield Hero.

"Right! She does need a adventuring name, so how about Whore?" He snapped his fingers. The crowd continued with their laughter, Naofumi smiled hearing them all have a good chuckle.

Y/n released the hammers and took out the bullets out of the revolvers. He then put the guns into their holsters and the bullets in his pocket. He then watch as Mirellia change the punishment to more suitable one for the likes of the King and Princess.

"The Shield Hero has done the most to put things right here and he is giving his oppressors the greatest mercy. From this day forth, Aultcray will be known as Trash and Malty will be known as Bitch with the adventuring name of Whore!" She ordered. Soldiers then came up to unlock the two criminals from the chains, "Finally, Melromarc will abolish the Three Heroes Church for it is the root cause of all this. Melromarc will adopt the Five Heroes Church as it's new state of religion!"

People rejoiced at the idea and threw their necklaces of the Three Heroes Church to the center of the area. Y/n dodged a few of them and caught up with Naofumi.

"Ain't that something, to just start a new religion like that and have nobody question it. Guess everyone will be seen as equal between you four."

"You're part of it too Y/n" Naofumi stated.

"Yeah. She don't listen either, after I just said to everyone to not look at me as a hero. Oh well, if they wanna praise someone like me, let em. I don't care at this point." He replied.

"The money hungry cowboy who doesn't hesitate to kill, that's something to praise to" Naofumi laughed.

"Better knock it off before I kick your ass too. You're no saint yourself either." Y/n smiled under his mask. He thought it was good to see him joke around a bit.

"I need to earn some money somehow, people despised me in this region."

"I can't argue with that. So, what're you going to do now?" Y/n questioned.

"Going to where the waves are, it's my ticket to home. You?"

"Well, since your four should be on agreeable terms now, I'm going to do my own thing. Yeah I know I didn't succeed what I was summoned for, but oh well, shit happens. Probably gonna end up doing the same as you and go to the waves are to get out of this world as soon as possible." Y/n answered. They got to the staircase in the tunnel, but was stopped by a new voice.

"Naofumi, Y/n, you two aren't going to stay for the party?" Istuki asked.

"Hell no" Y/n answered, "why would I want to party with you?"

"I agree with Y/n here. Just because you all see the truth now, doesn't mean we have a clean slate." Naofumi added.

"Aw come on! You two don't need to leave already." Motoyasu pitched.

"Yeah Cinderella, you better keep your distance. Plowing mighty close to the cotton." Y/n threatened.

"I see you've made your mind up about not helping my country. I understand your decision completely" The Queen revealed herself from the other staircase. She was accompanied by Melty, Raphtalia, Filo, and Sistine.

Naofumi sighed, "I'll help you out too. However, I'm not going to stay put here. I need to go where the waves are. If you do need me, I'm sure you have multiple ways of contacting me"

Mirellia smiled at the Shield Hero, "Thank you, I'm grateful that you will do so"

"It's not a problem anymore. Raphtalia, Filo, we're heading out now"

"Okay!~" Filo answered.

"Okay Master Naofumi" Raphtalia added.

Time Skip

After watching the Shield Hero make his departure. Y/n was still with the Queen and Melty, along with his two companions.

Mirellia suddenly dropped on to her knee in exhaustion. Y/n and Melty helped her up quickly.

"I was going to offer my own life in place for theirs if Naofumi didn't speak up." She stated while trying to regain her breath.

"Yeah, should've been more honest about that before I agreed to be a so called executioner." Y/n answered. "I knew from the start you wouldn't have been able to go through with it. That's why I took my time."

"Thank you Y/n. You don't know how much in debt I am to you for that"

T-thank you Y/n," Melty sniffled.

"I ain't the one to thank, better go tell that to Naofumi before it's too late" Y/n suggested to the second princess.

She then quickly hurried to the gates of the castle to thank the Shield Hero. Y/n helped the Queen to her feet once more.

"So, what do you plan to do now Gunslinger?"

"Well, since you didn't listen to what I had to say about people not viewing me as a hero, guess I need to do something for them to praise me about, maybe it's killing or getting a lot of money, but it'll be something" he replied. This made the Queen smile again. Sistine shook her head in disappointment.

"The only reason why I included you in the new religion was because you've shown that you're the most capable one out of them all." She retorted.

"Well, they ain't me. They can't do what I can, but oh well I s'pose."

"You're an odd one for sure Gunslinger, but I don't regret summoning you here." Mirellia gained her composure, "Well, you must be on your way now. I don't want to hold you up anymore."

"For the right price my time is always worth it. However, I'd like to travel a bit more, this new world is quite interesting. So, if you need anything, I'm sure you can find me sweetheart" Y/n started to walk away from the Queen, that last comment surprised her majesty, as well as Sistine. He mentally scolded himself for calling the Queen that. He decided to just leave it be and waved at her one last time, Sistine did the same. Toothless started to fly above the two as they were walking.

"Bye! Thank you so much for everything your majesty!" Sistine yelled while walking away. "I'm sure we will see you again soon!" She then turned around and continued walking.

"Take care Sistine, make sure you don't let him get into too much trouble. You do the same Toothless" Mirellia replied while watching them three go. She smiled at the sight.

After getting out the castle, with a few people telling them goodbye, Sistine started a conversation.

"Flirting with the Queen now?"

Y/n blushed a little bit, but she couldn't see it because of the mask. "Came out naturally darlin. You know I can't help it"

"Mhm. You've been this character for how long now and can't tell when you're going to say something like that?" She continued.

"It's a roulette with this. I don't know what's going to happen"

"Whatever you say" she looked away from him.

"You know I don't mean any harm. It's just a friendly gesture." Y/n retorted. "Besides, you're the only one I call darlin." That made her face instantly become red. She started to get nervous.

"What? Cat got your tongue now?" Y/n teased.

"Shut up" she turned her upper body to where he couldn't see her at all. She then remembered that he didn't tell her about him being the executioner.

"Why didn't you tell me about what the Queen asked you to do?" She whispered. Y/n barely heard what she had said.

"That? It just seemed to personal for Mirellia to even consider talking to someone about. I'm sorry that I didn't, but I did it for the respect her as a queen." 

"I understand. I just don't like you keeping secrets" she muttered back.

"Other than that, I ain't keeping anything from you. I'm an open book. I don't sugar coat anything I say" he laughed. He then looked at the girl.

"I know" Sistine agreed. "What are we going to do now?" She asked. Y/n roughed her hair up, making her pout.

"Don't know. I guess go earn a little money and get stronger for the waves that are coming. Never know what's going to happen next" he replied.

Toothless, who was flying above, landed on the ground and picked the two up and placed them on his back. Then he began flying once more, taking them to wherever they needed to go. One thing was for sure, it seemed like that they finally could catch their breath. Something that they haven't been able to do the entire time they've been here. Sistine smiled, thinking of everything that's lead them to this point and how he's protected her. She held on tightly to Y/n as they were flying through the air.

"Thank you again for everything Y/n" she said while holding onto him.

"Don't worry about it, glad I met you as well darlin. We still have a lot left to do, so can't let your guard down too much." He replied while rubbing his hand on hers.  Under the mask, Y/n was smiling brightly, happy to have these two going through this journey with him, even though it seemed as they've been here for a few months, they knew it was still a long road ahead of them, one that isn't slowing them down one bit.

Let me start off by saying, this chapters wasn't supposed to be this long, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Plus, it's like two chapters into one. So I hope you've enjoyed this one!

Secondly, we've surpassed 100k reads, I cannot believe that I have a second book reaching this mile stone. You all are the best, I cannot thank you enough for the love and support. You all patiently wait for these chapters and I try my best to give you all what you've waited for.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart I genuinely appreciate everything from you guys. That being said, until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 115 12
The Rising Of the Shield Hero! You and your step-brother Naofumi had never been particularly close, even as you grew up. Your mother's attention had...
2K 18 17
Called to another world against his will, Cadverus became the Fisticuffs hero, a special hero summoned when all four Cardinal hero's are summoned at...
2.8K 117 30
A Rising of the Shield Hero fanfic. When two gamers were chosen to change the course of different worlds to escape the boredom of reality, they go on...
19.6K 276 41
When two gamers were chosen to change the course of different worlds to escape the boredom of reality, they go on a crazy adventure through the multi...