Falling

By jennanidz

FREE STORY WITH PAID BONUS CONTENT Dante Brown has met many challenges in his life, all of them crumbled ben... More

Intro
Prologue
1 | TaTa
3 | A Deal
4 | A Piece of White Paper
5 | Butter Croissant
6 | Playing With Fire
7 | Program
8| Skyscraper
9 | Bathroom Visit
10 | Rum and Coke
11 | Dante
12 | Memorable
13 | Dance Partner
13 | Alternate Ending Story Branch
14 | Printer
14 | Printer (Dante's POV)
15 | Hot
16 | Slipping Composure
17 | Tate
18 | Dinner Date (part one)
18 | Dinner Date (part one) (Dante's POV)
19 | Dinner Date (part two)
19 | Dinner Date (part two) (Dante's POV)
20 | Desire
21 | The Past
22 | Option One
23 | Penthouse
24 | Draw The Line
25 | Little Women
26 | Zac
27 | I'd Like That Too
28 | Spend The Night
29 | Commando
30 | Mari
31 | Talk
32 | Honesty
33 | You Feel That?
34 | Coffee Ice Cream
35 | Miss Me?
36 | Falling
37 | Family
38 | Number 7
39 | Guilty
39 | Guilty (Dante's POV)
40 | Me Too
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter (18+)
Falling Sequel
Baby Fever | Exclusive Chapter

2 | Wrong Door

406K 11.2K 21.1K
By jennanidz

"How do you do that?"

Watching Tatum move with stealth while wearing stilettos, blew my mind. Now, I'm no virgin to wearing heels, but that doesn't equate to walking so elegantly. No not nearly as smooth as my sinful best-friend.

"Oh please. I came out of the womb in a heel," she turned back to me with a smirk across her mouth. I sighed back at her, adjusting my dress.

This dress was short. Very short.

Feeling the chill run up my leg, I knew it'd been a short dress. Goosebumps danced along my freshly shaven legs. I made sure to take extra care of any hair on my body.

"Girl, you look hot. The men are going to devour you tonight," Tatum said while looking me up and down. She had stressed strongly when she arrived at my door that I needed to let loose tonight. And that meant in every aspect.

Now I wasn't one for a casual hookup, so imagine the disappointment she'll feel when she learns I won't be participating in that tonight. Tonight was for myself. To let loose, have fun, and forget the world.

Shimmying past the bouncer, throwing a smirk his way as his eyes travelled up my legs, I stuffed my ID back into my small clutch.

"I'm gonna grab us some drinks; want to find a table," I began to ask Tatum as we took in the scene before us. It was everything you'd imagine an upscale club to be. Mood lighting set the sensual tone of the place. Including the smoke that enveloped the main floor, several bodies were already grinding together.

"Sounds good, I see a table to the left, meet me there" she said as she turned to the left.

My eyes searched the perimeter of the club, and I took notice of the several VIP sections; definitely a Kardashian or two in there. Shivering I stepped toward the direction of the bar.

Sliding between two important looking men who had their bodies rested against the bar, I scanned for the bartender. A slim blonde woman was working magic, making two drinks at once just a few feet away.

Raising my hand and giving a small "Hey!" She turned her head acknowledging my pretense with a nod.

"Now, what do we have here."

It came from the man to my right. I met his eyes, exaggerated an eye roll, and spit out "not interested."

The bartender arrived in front of me, Angela., was what her name tag read. "Could I get two sex on the beaches please" I spoke handing her a 20. She nodded and got to work, taking the cash with her.

Feeling the heat of the men beside me, and the burning eyes of the one to the right, I started to grow uncomfortable. If I was interested I'd show it, what was with men and assuming a woman is interested even after she clearly said she wasn't.

Angela slid me the drinks, and I flew away from the bar. Forgetting the change, she deserved the bigger tip for having to deal with these men, I couldn't get away fast enough.

As soon as I was a safe distance away, I let out a breath I had no idea I was holding. My body relaxed and the burn of his eyes left my side. Sighing I walked towards the direction Tatum originally pointed out.

"There you are. I snagged us a table in VIP, flashed the guard my tits," my friend said with a sly smile, proud as ever. Shaking my head I couldn't help but smile as she led us to our table beyond the rope.

After handing her the drink and taking a seat at an open booth, I scanned the VIP section. My eyes immediately settled on a table in the right corner of the room. A group of important looking men sat in a circle. Even from here I could tell they were intimidating, and most definitely held some sort of power. Which is why I looked away when I caught the eyes of one of the intimidating men seated there.

A shiver ran down my spine as if his eyes were still on me.

"Thanks for this, I needed it," I said as I looked back towards Tatum. "Of course girl, slurp that drink down and let's dance."

Dancing. Right.

I enjoyed the rest of my drink chatting with Tatum about random news. Once we took our last sip she grabbed my wrist and started for the dance floor.

The beat of the music was sensual and addicting. I swayed my hips to the rhythm of the music, Tatum doing the same next to me. Our bodies colliding every now and then when someone is pushed by. My head fell back and I lost myself in the moment.

Closed eyes, I thought of my childhood and how I never thought I'd live past the age of 10. Never thought I'd be able to make friends. Never thought I'd be able to enjoy myself. But here I am; with my best friend as we swayed to the music in this exclusive nightclub.

"I have to pee," hearing her voice I came back from my thoughts. She squinted her eyes and pointed to the bathroom sign. "Ok, let's go!" I yelled over the loud music.

She shook her head "no you go grab us another drink, I'll be fine! I want a tequila shot as well!" and she took off towards the bathroom before I could protest. Never let a friend go to the bathroom alone. That's the first rule right?

She sped off towards the bathroom sign so fast I couldn't follow her fire red hair. She was lost in the crowd. My stomach dropped a bit when I realized she had left me alone and was alone herself.

"Dammit Tatum," elbowing my way through the crowd, I kept my eye on the bathroom sign just ahead. There was a small hallway leading to the bathrooms and as soon as I reached it I took a breath. That girl was fast, and in heels?

My heart was racing due to the pure exhaustion of shoving my way through the thick crowd. But it didn't help that I didn't have an eye on my friend.

Scanning the doors I came across the men's room, and opposite a room that I assumed was the women's.

Never assume.

As I stepped through the threshold my eyes were met with my worst nightmare.

His fists were throwing solid punches faster then I could process. The scream stopped in my throat, my heart dropped and the sweat pooled atop my head.

In front of me was none other than Dante Brown.

Everyone knew his name. I've seen him in every Forbes magazine. There was no way you could miss him. He stood tall and proud and carried darkness around him. He always appeared untouchable in the magazines and interviews. But not here. Not now.

Dante Brown was ripping the life away from this young man's body. And I was frozen.

"You son of a bitch!"

That did it.

My brain seemed to catch up with what my eyes were seeing. And that scream that was caught in my throat broke free. And at that moment everything stopped.

Including my heart.

His head whipped to me at the speed of light. I stopped breathing. His eyes locked me in place, my body trembled. I was stronger than this. Turn away, walk out the door!

But I couldn't. Not when a mans life was on the line, not when the one delivering the life sentence was Dante fucking Brown.

"Shit!" He casted his eyes behind me towards the door and then they returned to my face. What was I thinking? Why didn't I read the fucking door? This was no restroom.

My eyes finally left his, we were both at a stand, too shocked to move. But I did. I turned my head around towards the exit, and that was my mistake.

"Oh no you fucking don't" said the man himself. And before I could take one step, a strong grip was around my bicep. I panicked. My heart beat abnormally fast and I yanked against him. "Let me go you bastard" I seethed.

His eyes were a rage of fires, his chest heaving up and down as if he just ran a mile. With his grip locked around my arm he gave me a once over. His eyes ran from my heels to the tip of my nose, leaving a hot trail behind. My skin felt as if it was on fire.

When his eyes finally met mine again he uttered "You and I, are going to talk."

"No. You are going to let me go," my mouth moving and words coming out as I struggled against his steel like grip. My body shook with the force of trying to escape and clashed with the grip around my arm.

Before I knew it his hand was reaching for his back pocket.

Thinking the worst, I flinched and turned my head.

"Rodney. Get down here now. Emergency" is all I could make out of the conversation, some of it being hushed.

Realizing it must've been a phone. Not a knife or gun. I slowly turned my head back towards his direction.

He was slipping the phone from his ear as our eyes locked.

"Don't do anything you'll regret.." was what he said to me. Heart still racing and skin still ablaze from just his stare, I stood rooted in my spot.

With the strongest voice I could muster I said "what are you going to do with me," but my voice trembled a bit at the end due to my heart rate.

Anxiety consumed me sometimes, made me crumble, and I was fighting it with everything in me to stay strong.

"Oh angel... that all depends" he started, and with a tug I was shoved against his hard chest. My palms automatically pushing against his body as he finished

"are you going to be good for me, or are you going to be bad."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 125 21
Bella is getting abused by her mobster father. She is working for him in his company what happens when Dante joins as a new CEO and finds out her sec...
226K 4.1K 55
19 year old Celestia Monroe moved from Spain to go stay at her father's place in Italy. She decided to focus more on her studies, to stay away from t...
331 8 19
Evelyn Beaumont, a struggling nurse with a traumatic past who needs money to pay off her fathers debt and graduate medical school. Enter Dante Romano...
3M 77.7K 41
Hailey is hired by her ruthless, cold, and Sexy boss who is also wealthy Mr. Valerian. He is used to getting his way with girls, any girl. But Hailey...