ALANNA ✔️

By LyssahTraicey

All Alanna ever wanted was to be normal. She wanted to be like everyone else but that became extra hard when... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Epilogue
Final Remarks

Chapter Eleven

623 60 7
By LyssahTraicey

Alanna woke up late the following morning feeling like she'd been working out the whole of the previous day. Well in a way she had that's why her muscles were so sore. She opened her eyes and looked around realizing she was in her room but there was another body in bed with her. She recognized the long braids peeking out from under the covers as Liz's.

A smile graced her lips in reflection of the joy she felt inside at having her sister there with her. They always shared a bed for a few days after spending a really long time away from each other. Liz didn't like it but Alanna was very convincing and always bribed her with food and being a girl who loved food Liz could never say no.

The previous day had been a success and a few of the kids had cried seeing them leave but they promised they'd be back, which they definitely would. Alanna had had the most fun with her sister,all her friends and the kids too. Her phone gallery filled with very many pictures was proof enough of a fun day. They had gotten home at around nine pm and being too tired to do anything had changed directly into their pajamas and gone to bed.

Alanna checked her phone and realized it was already ten in the morning. Even if she wasn't tired it was already too late to go to church so she decided to get up, take a shower and make breakfast . Liz stirred when she felt the bed shift but drifted back to sleep when Alanna asked her to. She'd wake her up when it was time for breakfast. She then got out of bed, grabbed her towel and proceeded to the bathroom.

Thirty minutes later she entered the kitchen dressed in grey sweatpants and a white T-shirt. The perfect outfit for a day indoors with her sister. All the utensils and cooking materials she'd used at the children's home was still at the door, thankfully clean so all she had to do was put them in their respectful places.

Alanna decided to make Liz's favorite breakfast which was brown porridge, toast and sausages. Weird combination but that girl could eat anything as long as it wasn't milk. For some reason she didn't like milk and it always made her nauseous.

Putting on her apron Alanna got to work. She was still exhausted but she could rest later and besides she only had her sister for the day and it was back to being all alone again. She wasn't completely alone though having new friends so it made her sisters departure later today seem easier.

Her sister came into the kitchen just as she was washing her hands to go call her after finishing everything. She was wearing a very comfortable looking jump short which seemed to fit her perfectly exposing her long flawless brown legs. Her braided her falling over her back with a make up free face. Liz didn't do make up either except for the occasional eye pencil. She said it made her eyes pop which was weird because she wore glasses. She had sensitivity to bright light. She wore them rarely though because she said they made her brow itchy. She looked good in glasses though, like a sexy nerd.

"Morning. What smells so good?" Liz asked grabbing a sausage and biting on it.

Alanna shook her head at Liz's behavior which was surprisingly very similar to Ryan's. Maybe she only attracted the kind of people that were foodies only. Well Liz was her sister but she could have as well hated eating but she didn't.

"Morning, I made your favorite breakfast that you're already munching on." Alanna replied.

"Thank you it tastes amazing as always. Are mom and dad up yet?" Liz asked.

"Yes. Mom left a note on the fridge saying they went to church but would be back later so we can spend the whole afternoon together as a family." Alanna explained.

"Well that's good, more time to grill you about that Ryan boy." Liz said.

Before Alanna could protest Liz grabbed the plate with sausages and toast then walked out of the kitchen. Alanna rolled her eyes before grabbing two mugs with porridge and following her sister to the living room.

They never used the dining room unless their parents were there. They settled themselves on the fluffy carpet and laid out their food on the coffee table in front of them.

"Okay spill." Liz demanded.

"There's nothing to tell. Ryan is obsessed with me, end of story." Alanna replied blushing her sister off.

She really wanted to tell her sister everything but if she spilled everything too quickly then Liz would start assuming her own things.

"That's definitely not the case. Come on, I've been waiting for you to get a boyfriend since forever or even just a friend." Liz begs with pouty lips and Alanna gave in.

She breathed out in an exaggerated manner to make sure Liz wasn't onto her excitement for being finally being able to share this with her.

"Okay fine I'll tell you but don't make a big deal out of it."Alanna warned but it fell on deaf ears as Liz was already bouncing on her folded legs clapping in excitement.

Alanna gave her a warning look and she stopped all the movement but the wide smile didn't leave her face. Alanna took a deep breath and narrated everything to her sister from the day Ryan volunteered to be her tutor to the when he switched their t-shirts. She also gave her all the background details about his nagging her over the years and his stupid nicknames for her. By the time Alanna was done Liz looked all dreamy eyed with a teasing look on her face.

"Don't give me that look." Alanna warned.

"What look?" Liz asked nonchalantly.

"You know what I mean."

"Okay fine but it's just that Ryan is so cute and perfect. He treats you right and always wants to be around you. Don't you dare deny it but I know you also like all the pet names he calls you. Which girl wouldn't like being called Queen by a guy she's not even dating?" Liz questioned.

Alanna opened her mouth to deny it but she held herself back when she realized she actually liked all the pet names. It made her feel special because he never called anyone else those sweet names. It was kind of his thing for her and she was beginning to like it. The realization hit Alanna like a slap to the face and she paled immediately.

"Hey what's wrong?" Liz asked taking her baby sisters hands in hers.

"I just realized I'm starting to like that stupid boy." Alanna admitted.

Liz chuckled at her sisters fear but stopped once she received a glare in return.

"It's okay to like him Anna because he genuinely seems to like you too. I know you're afraid of him being fake and getting close to you just to make fun of you when you fall for him but I don't think it's like that. That only happens in the movies, well at least majority of the time. And besides Ryan seems like a very nice and genuine person. He's been chasing you for years, no boy has that kind of patience so it means he's a special one. And if he ever hurts you I'll come here and cut him up real good and feed him to the pigs, that brother of his too." Liz said looking very fierce as she said that last part making Alanna chuckle.

"What did his brother ever do to you?" Alanna asked.

Liz shrugged "Nothing he'll just be collateral damage."

Alanna laughed some more and Liz joined in on it. Alanna was happy to have her sister here even if it was just for a few hours.

"I know some people can be mean and idiotic but don't let that stop you from making awesome friends and finding love. Trust me special boys like Ryan are rare." Liz advised her sister.

Alanna felt really touched by what Liz had said. She trusted her with her whole being being as she would always take care of her and not give her advice to lead her astray.

"Thanks siz." Alanna said appreciatively.

"Anytime kiddo."Liz replied and they both wrapped their arms around each other in a much needed hug.

"Okay now your turn to tell me all about school and your trip with your friends." Alanna said as soon as they pulled apart and Liz was only too happy to oblige. Although Alanna had already heard these stories it just wasn't the same as hearing them in person.

Liz was an adventurous person who even though loved the indoors loved to travel too and definitely took advantage of that now that she was in campus and had more freedom than when living with her family. Alanna envied her sister's freedom sometimes but she knew that to reach where her sister was she had to study really hard this year. Obviously to get into culinary school and also to get to experience new things that weren't limited to this little town of theirs.

The sisters talked for hours sharing stories of past and definitely dreams of the future. They then moved the conversation to the kitchen where they continued talking as Alanna prepared lunch for the whole family while Liz helped or more like tried to. She knew how to cook just not as well as Alanna and liked to mess around with her sister while cooking. Alanna would normally find it annoying and chase her sister out of the kitchen but she treasured this time because she knew in just a few hours her sister would be all the way across the country again and who knows the next time they'd get to see each other.

Her parents got home around two in the afternoon and they all sat in the dining room enjoying lunch together as they caught up. Later they moved to the living room where they watched a movie together. Her parents cuddled together on one couch while the two sisters shared another one. Don't mistake their closeness for people who were always tranquil with each other . On the contrary they actually did get into petty fights a lot but they knew and learnt how to work through it. Sisters who never fought meant they were not that close so Alanna as much as she didn't like those little fights with her sister actually appreciated them at times because it brought them closer.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Please stay." Alanna begged her sister as they stood at their gate later that evening to say goodbye.

"I wish I could mami but I really do have to go. I already miss you. We'll talk everyday as usual and definitely more video calls." Liz replied wiping the tears off Alanna's cheek.

They hugged each other tight fearing to let go but they had to eventually. Alanna watched as her sister hugged her parents as she said goodbye to them too. Alanna then handed over a bag she'd packed for her sister containing food for her trip back to school.

"I'll miss you." Alanna said getting even more teary.

"I'll miss you too. Don't forget what we talked about with that Ryan boy." Liz said making Alanna chuckle.

"I won't forget." Alanna replied.

Another quick hug later Liz boarded the car and Alanna watched as they drove off. She stood there until the car disappeared out of her sight before turning to walk back into the house. Her parents had already walked back in.

She felt her phone ding in her pocket with a text and it was her sister.

Shortie ❤️ :Miss me yet?

Alanna chuckled at her sisters antics. That girl truly was a special one.

Alanna : 😒 You wish.

Shortie❤️ : 😳😳 You meanie. Take that back.

Alanna sat in the swing they had at the back of the house and continued texting back and forth with Liz until her heart didn't feel as heavy with her absence.

##################################

Anyone close with their sibling as these two sisters are??

Thank you so much for reading this chapter as short as it was. It was more of a filler than anything else but I wanted to show the relationship between the two sisters. It was kind of important. I hope you loved it. Definitely look out for more juicy drama in the next chapter, it's gonna be awesome.

Stay safe. As always. I love you 3000.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 4.7K 45
Follow the intriguing life of 15 year old Ladi, who has been working as a housemaid since she was 8 years old. She found love in the most unexpected...
31.6K 1K 60
Alani Davis is fresh out of high school and plans to leave the troubles that haunt her at home. With her now enrolled in college, she gets a fresh st...
20K 2.2K 40
"Brothers ?" "Yeah" "Nah ! I will choose my boyfriend over my rude ass brothers" "Wow ! You hate your brothers that much, Olivia ?" "I despise them...
11.4K 453 40
"Don't throw everything else like some hot shit in your mouth. Don't let everything slip away. Just please hold me. Hold me closer like what you did...