Guardian Angel | Minsung

By j-onesunshine

Jisung is a depressed, insecure boy that needs help. Minho is his guardian angel, attempting to give the boy... More

prequel
I. Heaven
II. Reality
III. Earth
IV. Blooming
V. Chaos
VI. Second Thoughts
VII. Friendship
VIII. Crushing
IX. Developments
X. Fallen
XI. Together
XII. Clash
XIII. Follow
XIV. Bonus
XV. Last Resort
XVI. Fight
XVII. History
XVIII. Perform
XX. Side Effects
XXI. Butterflies
XXII. Split
XXIII. Suspicions
XXIV. The Perfect Gifts
XXV. Fairy Lights
XXVI. Fireworks
Epilogue
Sequel/Spinoff

XIV. Close

2K 124 133
By j-onesunshine

Jisung was excited that following Saturday morning. He had paid the rent in time, whilst also having enough money left to buy enough groceries for a little while. He was smiling as he laid on the couch, eyes closed as he enjoyed the music that was softly playing from the radio. It was the first time in a while he had sat in the living room in peace alone. He had been so busy the entire week, just returning to his bedroom whenever he got home. Whilst it made him feel slightly guilty for thinking that way, he felt like a weight had washed off his shoulders now that his father wasn't in the house anymore. He could study in the kitchen whilst eating dinner without having to hear his father's incoherent rambles. He didn't fear being hurt. It felt nice.

He opened his eyes, sitting up as he took a glance at the clock. It was almost 1 pm, the time Minho was supposed to arrive. Wanting to make a good impression, he stood up and cleaned the living room a little, placing all empty glasses in the dishwasher and throwing away some of the trash he hadn't thrown out the night before. He nodded to himself, approving of the state of the living room. He wanted to place some snacks on the table, but decided he would wait to know what Minho liked.
he hummed a song to himself, walking towards the radio to shut if off. Not long after, the doorbell rang. Jisung quickly made his way over to the door before opening it. He didn't understand how Minho always managed to take his breath away, but he did just that this time again as well.

"Hey, hyung. Come on in!" Minho greeted the younger as well before stepping into the hall. Jisung closed the door as Minho put his jacket in the closet to the left, taking his shoes off in the meantime. The two of them walked into the living room, Minho's bag in his hand.

"Have a seat, hyung. Would like to drink something?"

"Just water is fine, thanks Sungie." Minho sat down at the diningtable as he pulled out his books. He felt like a role model student, doing studying three weeks in advance and on a Saturday as well? It felt like that didn't happen in real life too often, but here he was. Jisung returned to the table, holding two glasses in one hand and a bowl of chips in the other. Minho immediately grabbed the glasses out of the younger's hands, not wanting anything to spill. As their fingers grazed passed one another, they both could feel butterflies spark within their stomachs. Both could only think of how whipped they are for one another that a simple touch got them feeling that way.

"T-Thanks. I'm sure I had it, though." Jisung said and smiled, taking Minho by surprise as he sat down next to him instead of the opposite side.

"This way I can look at what you're doing better, right?" He smiled at Minho who in return gave him a small nod. "Yeah, that's pretty smart. So, lets start right? That way if we finish early we could do some fun stuff?"

"I'm not sure what we could do, but sure. I don't really have any games or anything in my house though." Minho looked at the younger who seemed to frown as he went through his notes. He couldn't help but feel bad for Jisung, who always seemed to feel embarrassed over his life. It must feel bad, seeing all your friends around you have all the coolest gadgets, whilst you yourself are stuck with an old hand-me-down phone as well as no consoles to play on. Minho gave him a pat on his shoulder, the other instantly looking up at him.

"We could go to a little cafe closeby afterwards, if you want? That's what I had in mind. I'll treat you, okay?"

'Like a date like a date it's like a date ohmygod does he think it is like a date?!'

"Sure, sounds good hyungie." Jisung smiled and with that, they got to work. It turned out Minho was tragic at the subject, not understanding anything. Jisung surprisingly was super patient, calmly explaining the same things over and over again. After nearly two hours, the two decided to take a break and head to the cafe Minho had mentioned earlier. Their brains being completely melted, they needed a break before they could finish studying for the day.
The two walked closely next to one another, the November air cold and dry in their faces. It wasn't usual for the cold winter to start so early in Seoul, but this year had been different. Minho sometimes sneaked glances at the younger who was bundled up in a beanie, a thick winter jacket as well as a long burgundy scarf. At the same time however, the younger was doing the same. He had borrowed Minho his favorite scarf which his mother had made for him when he was younger. It was one that was completely attached and you pulled over your head, securing it around your neck very well. Jisung wasn't able to fit it over his head anymore, but it had turned out Minho's was pretty small.

"After you." Minho said as they reached the cafe, pushing the door open for the younger to walk through. A small 'thank you' was the response he received by Jisung, who had quickly passed through him to enter the safety of the warm cafe. The two of them made their way up to the counter, finding a nice looking girl at the register. Jisung recognized the name, having heard his manager Sana mention the foreign name a couple of times before.

"Hello, what can I help you with today?" Her voice was soft but she could be heard well over the music that was playing from the speakers in the ceiling. Thankfully, Jisung was always way too prepared for everything. He hated phonecalls, but he dreaded being in line for something more. The thought of the people behind him having to wait because he can't make up his mind was terrifying to him. He had forced Minho to look at the menu on his phone whilst they were on their way to the cafe, now making ordering a lot quicker and easier.
"Hello, We'd like a Latte Machiatto with extra cream and a hot chocolate as well as two slices of strawberry cheesecake, please." Minho did the speaking, knowing Jisung loathed it with a burning passion. Besides, he was the one to pay so he should do the ordering. At least, that is what Jisung told him as they had rounded the corner to the cafe earlier.

"Would you like that for takeaway, or for here."

"In-house, please." The girl nodded with a smile, noting it on the notepad. After Minho had paid, the two made their way to a table all the way in the corner of the store. Jisung took a seat and Minho followed suit after hanging his coat over the back of his chair.

"It's really nice here, I've never been here before. I like the atmosphere in the room, very chill." Jisung noted as he continued, "How did you even find this place, anyways? It's not like it's in your area?"

"Actually, I'm not sure? I just remembered a cafe being here, I must've seen it once whilst passing by or something." Minho honestly couldn't remember. Maybe he had known it from his previous life, but he had told himself to not dwell on the fact he has lived on earth before. He didn't even know if he had lived in this area before, it was a rather long shot suspicion. He got lost in thought for a short moment but was brought back as he heard Jisung mention the good music being played.

"Who sings this, then?"

"Day6! They're a band and I love their music. The song that's playing right now is one of my favorites, it's called Congratulations." Minho smiled as he listened to the song for a moment, the vocals sounding lovely. "I think your voice would really suit this song, actually. Cover it for me some time?" He pouted his lips, hoping Jisung couldn't resist his request if he looked extra cute. It seemed to work as Jisung let out a laugh. "I could do that, just because it's you."

"Wouldn't you do it for Changbin?" Minho said, eyes glistening cheekily.

"Well, for you and Changbin I would. Just you two though." He let out another giggle afterwards and Minho nodded his head approvingly. He was about to push the conversation a little more, but the waitress showed up with their order. They thanked her and she left quickly after.

"You're so cute for picking hot choco, you're so cute Sungie-ah."

"T-Thank you?" Jisung's face flushed, his ears turning red in the process as well. "I-I just am not that much into coffee, unless I have to pull an all-nighter... Or if it's an iced americano. God, I love iced americanos, but I wasn't in the mood to drink something cool today."

"I love iced americanos too, I can drink those all day! But yeah, I feel you. I only take lattes when they're warm. They're boring when they're iced." Jisung fiercly nodded, approving Minho's opinion as he took a sip from his drink. He immediately scrunched his nose and placed it back down quickly. "It's still a little too hot." He muttered, smiling sheepishly.

"Well yeah, it just got served." Minho responded sassily, but Jisung could thankfully tell he was joking. "Ohmygod!" Jisung suddenly exclaimed after taking a bite from the cheesecake. "It is that good, huh?"

"It is actually just a normal cheesecake, but any cheesecake is good cheesecake. Unless it's bad, you know?"

"I-- You? I-I mean, yeah but... Isn't that like, obvious?"

"W-Well, yeah..."

After talking for a while about the upcoming holidays and what they could do during Christmas together, they finished their drinks and regular cheesecake and headed back to Jisung's house. Jisung could feel his hands become cold, bringing them to his face and blowing his breath on them, hoping to get them warm. Minho turned to him as he watched, his hands also slightly cold.

"You cold?" He asked casually, receiving a shrug from the younger. "Only my hands."

"C'mere." Minho muttered, grabbing one of Jisung's hands into his own. If it hadn't been for the cold air hitting Jisung's cheeks, Minho would've definitely seen the bright blush on them.

"Y-Y-Your hand is also cold!" Jisung stuttered, too flustered to say any other response. "Well, we can warm them up together then?" Minho smirked, happy to see the younger being surprised. It turned into a big grin however, when they kept walking hand in hand. The youngest had his head buried into his scarf, hiding the shy smile on his lips.
They reached Jisung's house about 10 minutes later, both hiding the fact they didn't want to stop holding hands. Yet, Jisung pulled his hand away and reached for his keys to open the door. Once inside, they headed back to the living room. Minho was about to walk to the dining table again when he felt Jisung's small hand grab his wrist. He turned around, seeing the younger's eyes were lidded.

"What is it, Sungie?"

"Can we wait a little longer before we study again?" There was a pause as he looked down, embarrassed of what he was about to ask.

"C-Can we cuddle o-on the couch? I-I'm a little sleepy." Minho's expression turned so incredibly soft, it could rival a marshmellow. He nodded and Jisung's eyes starting sparkling. He kept his grip on Minho's wrist, gently tugging him along to the couch as he sat down.

"So, you wanna be big spoon or li—"

"What do you think? Of course I wanna be little spoon." Jisung cut him off, Minho just nodding as he laid down on the couch. Almost immediately, Jisung laid down as well, pressing his back against Minho's chest. Minho snaked his arm around Jisung's waist before interlocking their hands. Jisung was glad Minho couldn't see his cheeks burn even more red than they had not even half an hour ago, he didn't know if he could handle that. He felt Minho nuzzle his face into his hair, thanking himself for showering that morning.
Finally coming back to his senses, Jisung felt himself get sleepier as he closed his eyes. Minho decided to do the same, not knowing what else he could do. It was fine if they slept for too long, the latter didn't have any plans later that evening anyways.

The two jolted awake some time later as they heard the door open with quite the bang. A loud 'Jisung!?' could be heard as the figure made it's way into the living room. None of the three boys had expected anyone to find them like this, but when they saw Changbin standing in the archway all three boys stared blankly. Minho's hand was still draped around Jisung's waist holding onto Jisung's own hand. They all stared for a moment, not knowing what to say. Finally, Jisung decided to speak.

"Y-Yes? What is it Binnie?" It seemed like realization hitting Changbin again, as he suddenly made a jumpy move.

"Sorry to intrude on... whatever this is, but haven't you been looking at your phone? I've been non-stop texting you for the past two hours! I got worried after a while so I came over!" Jisung disconnected his hand from Minho's, leaving the latter with a small frown. He locked eyes with Changbin who wiggled his eyebrows at him, resulting in Minho rolling his eyes with a small smile. He looked over Jisung's shoulder, seeing the spam Changbin indeed had left him with.

Binnie ❤️😚

Sung!
Sungsjngsunguangusnsungusnguangungsung
HAN JISUNG
LISTEN TO ME I HAVE BIG NEWS
LIKE HUGE
I KNOW UR WITH UR HOMEBOY BUT COME ON YOU GOTTA ANSWER ME RIGHT THIS INSTANT
OKAY FINE IF YOU DONT RESPOND AND ILL JUST TELL YOU RN AND SEE U FREAKOUT LATER
CHAN GOT A CALL FROM SKZE AND THEY WANT TO SIGN US AS A TRIO
YOU KNOW
FOR OUR FUCKING GROUP
BRUH IM GONNA CRY AND I NEED YOU TO CRY WITH ME

3:46 PM

Okay jisungie
are you good?
Like? You okay bud?
I know Minho is with you so I'm not worried, okay fuck that im worried but not that much. You okay?????????

4:25 PM

OKAY BITCH IF YOU DONT RESPOND IN 15 MINUTES IM COMING THE FUCK OVER TO MAKE SURE YOUR ASS IS OKAY AND THAT MINHO DIDNT MURDER YOUR ASS

4:52 PM

Fuck those 15 minutes im coming over right this instant

4:59 PM

Both boys that were seated on the couch looked back up at Changbin, who was suddenly smirking. "Well, at least I know you guys were okay... if you catch my drift." He laughed as he watched Jisung stand up quickly, hands balled into fists by his side. Suddenly, he ran up to Changbin and pulled him in a tight hug. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN SKZ ENTERTAINMENT WANTS TO SIGN US???" He yelled, surely turning Changbin deaf in one ear.
"What I mean is, SKZ wants to sign us as a trio. Chan hyung turned in our song Broken Compass? They loved it, wanted more. So he did. He sent in almost everything and they were WOW'ed. So, they want to debut us after a period of training."

"Holy moly." Jisung let go of Changbin and turned around to look at Minho, who had the biggest smile on his face. Jisung didn't know just how releaved Minho was to see him finally get some good news. "Congrats, that's sick!" Jisung skipped back happily to Minho and grabbed both his hands in his own. "Maybe we can try to recommend you too after a while! You said you love to dance and your singing is amazing too! If you want though, of course." Minho laughed and shook his head. "Focus on yourself first, okay?" The three talked for a moment longer, before Changbin said he'd take his leave.

"You know, if you want you can stay for studying?"

"Oh hell no."

And after that they told him goodbye. Jisung's mood had skyrocketed, he was constantly humming songs as he watched over Minho doing his homework. Minho was feeling how happy the younger was, too. It felt like his entire body was on fire... but in a good way. There was no fear or doubt in his body that something could happen to Jisung, not in that moment.

"You're not focussing." He heard Jisung say from his right. He looked up and turned his head to the younger to find his playfully glaring his way. "I am focussing, but not on the homework."

"I wonder what is more important than focussing on homework during a study session?"

"You."

Jisung's eyes widened, dropping the pen he was holding in the process. His heartbeat immediately sped up as his mind began to race. 'How is this man real? Is he saying what I think he's saying? Oh my god I'm more important than his studies? Shit I'm so soft for him, get your shit together Han Jisung!' He blinked a couple times before finally forming a clear answer in his mind.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, Sungie. I was thinking about you."

"Why?"

"Because I was thinking of how happy you looked at the news. Your little jumps with excitement, eyes sparkling? You just looked... so cute?" Jisung stared right into Minho's eyes, but became too shy to continue as the older stared right back.

"This is the third time you've called me cute today." He mumbled, but Minho caught it. "I like to express my thoughts, I guess."

"Well, I think you're really cute when you focus on something. But you'd be even cuter if you adapted the things I just taught you into your answers."

"What?" Minho tilted his head, the younger still not meeting his eyes. Had Jisung really steered his flirting away back to their homework? When he was trying so hard to get his point across to the boy he loved with his entire being? He couldn't believe Jisung was that dense. "Well, here." Jisung pointed to the point he had been staring at. It was the question Minho had just answered. The oldest sighed, slightly sad Jisung hadn't wanted to let the moment go any further.

Nothing happened for the rest of the study session. Minho decided to leave at seven, telling Jisung he would eat back at home. Jisung hadn't tried to argue, scared he'd waste food he'd just bought that same morning. Of course, it was a selfish and sad thought, but the boy didn't dwell on it for too long. If circumstances were different, he had definitely tried to get the boy to stay over for longer. Jisung watched as Minho put on his jacket and shoes before handing him the scarf he had given Minho earlier.
"You don't need this?" Minho asked, looking at his soulmate. "No, it's fine. Just return it to me some other time, yeah?" Minho nodded. They both said their goodbyes. Jisung held the door open as he watched Minho walk down his front yard.

'Don't let him just go like that.'

His mind spoke to him and suddenly he called out to Minho. The older turned around, watching Jisung jog up to him with a confused expression on his face.

"What is it?"

"I-I... Can I kiss you?"

A moment of silence, both boys staring into each other's eyes. Minho didn't say anything back, instead he leant in and kissed the younger on the lips.

———————————————————————————

I BET Y'ALL THOUGHT I WOULD LEAVE YOU HANGING AFTER THAT STUDY BIT HUH? HUEHUEEHDUHEUEEHUEBEHEHEGDYEY

THEY DID THE KISSY.  FINA-FUCKING-LY

(changed JYPE to SKZE because I don't stan that shithole of a company!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 38.3K 56
It's all in the title ;) RANKING: #1 - Han #3 - Leeknow #7 - Straykids #14 - Minsung
63.9K 1.5K 26
[contains cursing, selfharm and suicide attempts] Jisung is a depressive college boy, who tries to live a quiet life. But everything changes right...
34.7K 1.2K 50
Jisung was given another chance at life, but things aren't so easy. With his boyfriend Minho, and the rest of Straykids, they all have each other to...
20.9K 691 23
jisung is gay. minho is a homophobe. these two university roommates will have some problems.