Until The Sun Dies

By paintedinhope

"S-stay with me." Zoe whispers. "Keep me safe." "Until the sun dies, love." + Zoe Walker is a young Schizop... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
Author's Note
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
Epilogue

thirteen

378 23 2
By paintedinhope

When Brayson wakes up, he can feel cold fingers on his cuts.

He is still between the concrete wall and Zoe's back. When he shifts a bit, Zoe looks up at him.

She picks up her wrists, which are covered in tiny welts of picked skin, and lifts his wrists so they're beside hers.

"Did you do this to yourself?" Zoe asks, her slim thumb tracing the largest slit.

He's about to respond, but the words seem to get caught in his throat.

He clears his throat and nods.

"Yes."

Zoe is unsure why, but his confirmation feels like a knife to her chest.

"Why?"

Zoe knows she should not be asking that question, for fear of her heart b r e a k i n g, but she does it anyway.

"Well, why do you harm yourself?" Brayson asks Zoe and she responds without hesitation; "I think that there are bugs under my skin, so I try to pick them out."

Brayson feels his heart contract, but he pushes the feeling away.

"Well, I think there are demons in my body, so I slice my skin to get them out." Brayson explains in a way where Zoe can potentially see a connection.

"We all have our own demons, Brayson. Remember that."

"But you'll help me, right?" Brayson asks quietly, and remembering his previous words, Zoe nods, "Until the sun dies, Brayson."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 2.7K 44
Hate; feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone or something) Carter Shay is a seventeen year old girl who's grown up with everything handed to...
446K 7.8K 31
Braylon Ryder is 15 years old and lives the perfect life. Beautiful, athletic, smart, good grades and lots of friends. Or so everyone thinks. What...
Immortal Love By Jay

Teen Fiction

1.7K 84 42
*Sequel to The Runaway. You don't have to read that book to understand this one.* Skylar Perez is a loud and social girl. Ever since she was small sh...
1.4M 30.5K 20
Schuyler was kidnapped walking home from her job a couple streets away from her house, by a group of guys that seem no older than her. they were hopi...