started with a dare | NORENMIN

By Junhao_trash

"i've seen the way he looks at him, and it's definitely not because they're close friends." BOOK FOUR friend... More

before
1 | DARE
2 | KISS
3 | WONDER
4 | THINKING
5 | ALONE
6 | TELLING (part 1)
8 | AIRPORT
9 | PICTURE
10 | UNEXPECTED
11 | COMPLAINTS
12 | POSSIBLY
13 | AGAIN
14 | ARGUING
15 | CHECKING
16 | CONFLICTED
17 | SHARING
18 | OVERREACTING
19 | RETURN
20 | CHEATING
21 | ADMIT
22 | SAME
23 | GIVING UP
24 | SOLVED? (part 1)
25 | SOLVED (part 2)
26 | END
! IMPORTANT NEWS !

7 | TELLING (part 2)

684 29 12
By Junhao_trash

"i... i... like someone..."

voice dying down towards the end, jeno dropped his head and looked at the ground, finding the pattern of the wood on the floor more interesting than the reaction of his light blue haired friend.

"okay...?" jisung replied, not really sure as to why that was significant. "what's the big deal about it? liking someone is normal."

"i know... but he's the first person i've ever loved this way. i swear... its unhealthy...

"the way his eyes show all the happiness he feels whenever he smiles, the sparkle in his eyes when he gets excited or overly enthusiastic about anything, his heart warming laugh that can make anyone smile and laugh along with him, his serious and sometimes intimidating yet friendly personality, the way he stays true to himself... just everything about him makes me fall for him more and more every single day..."

jisung wouldn't admit that he was slightly cringing at jeno's description of his crush. it was overly cheesy and possibly too much for the young male to handle. sure, he thinks the exact same way with jeno about chenle, but he wouldn't say it out loud. words would never be enough to describe chenle's beauty to jisung, but that wasn't important at the moment.

just based on the description of the person that jeno gave, jisung was unable to decide who the brown haired male had a crush on. heck, the tall male didn't even know if he knew the guy that jeno was describing. but the description made jisung feel as if his friend had liked this person for a while.

"do i know this person?" jisung asked. at least he could get this question in his mind out of the way first. if the light blue haired male knew the person, that would at least cut down his options and guesses, assuming that jeno would want for the light blue haired male to guess who he likes rather than telling him directly.

jisung had a small idea as to who jeno might like, but to make sure he took the lead correctly and was going in the right direction, he needed to find more connections with the person in mind and the person that jeno actually likes.

after receiving a nod from jeno, jisung was so sure that he had an idea. i mean... who else could it have been? the way jeno described the person made it seem exactly like what the light blue haired male had in mind, and he was getting excited to know this piece of information for various reasons.

while jisung had a huge smile on his face and let his mind run wild, jeno, on the other hand, was somewhat tense after seeing the expression on jisung's face. the dancer was obviously way too enthusiastic about the entire situation, and it made jeno get the sense that the other was thinking of the wrong person.

but how could he blame him? chenle was the same way. the chinese male had said that jeno's crush was such an unexpected person for him, and the brown haired male still didn't know if that was a good thing or not. he took it as a good thing because then it would be less obvious to people, that is, if he was being obvious.

and the next words that came from jisung's mouth confirmed jeno's suspicions that the light blue haired male was, in fact, thinking of the wrong person. but jeno wasn't surprised. he had expected it, after all.

"you like jaemin, don't you?"

a shake of the head was all that was needed for jisung's smile to get turned upside down and become more confused than he had been before. the boy even emphasized the point by tilting his head to the side. the brown haired boy understood jisung's confusion, and chenle as well, since he was also in that position when he first found out.

"but... you're with jaemin all the time, more than with anyone else. and when you were describing everything just now, i thought it was him..."

chenle put a hand on jisung's shoulder and let out a small sigh. "don't worry. i thought the same way as well."

frown still evident on his face, jisung stood up and put his hands on jeno's shoulders, shaking the male as if his life depended on it. "who is it that you like? tell me!" jisung exclaimed, punctuating every word and matching the rhythm of his shaking motion of his friend. the brown haired male grabbed jisung's wrists, causing the other to stop, and kindly removed the light blue haired boy's hand from his shoulders.

"its..." jeno couldn't look at the other in the eye. for some reason, he felt embarrassed now that the moment had come to this. never in jeno's life did he think that he would have to tell others about his crush, and the first time that happened was when he told chenle.

"do you want me to tell him?" the voice of chenle prevented the growing silence in the room from filling up to the ceiling. his suggestion did catch jeno off guard, but the brown haired male nodded his head frantically at his request, knowing very well that he would be unable to say it himself.

setting jisung back down at his spot on the bed, chenle took jisung's hands into his and looked towards jeno one last time, earning a look of approval from the dark brown eyes of his friend, before turning back to the blue haired male and saying the very thing that jeno couldn't say.

"he likes..."
.
.
.
"if you have any problems or need someone to talk to, you have me. i may be loud, but i'm a good listener."

jeno nodded his head, but didn't say a word. the light blond haired male didn't want the conversation to go from chenle to him because after all, chenle was the one who needed help. the korean male just sat there while his orange haired friend had his arm around him and rubbed his shoulder in an effort to calm him down.

a few minutes sitting in that position and jeno finally decided to talk. sure, he didn't want the conversation to suddenly go from chenle to him, but the conversation was already turned to him when he said that to jeno, so the light blond haired male decided to take this chance to finally tell someone about the feelings he's been keeping to himself for years.

"well, actually..." jeno started, not sure if he should say what he was about to say. recently, his mind has been preoccupied with so many things, things that aren't related to school or chenle and jisung's problems. they all had to do with his own problems and his own state of mind.

"i like someone..."

"i figured as much," the orange haired male said, not sounding very surprised. after all, he did hear jeno's sudden outburst yesterday while asking him for advice on jisung.

jeno also wasn't as surprised that chenle knew that he likes someone. he was well aware of his outburst yesterday that he quickly tried to cover and make it pass by, but still kept it in the back of his mind that the orange haired male had heard and caught what he said.

"it's not wrong to like someone," the chinese male said, trying to assure the other as he rubbed his back, drawing circles on his back and telling him that it was normal. "i feel that liking someone is one of the best feelings you could ever-"

"but that person likes someone else," jeno said, cutting the orange haired male off. chenle stopped his hand movements and stared blankly at jeno, trying to process what the light blond haired male had said.

every passing day, the pain in his heart grows. he doesn't know why; after all, he should be happy, but he's not for some reason. the idea of his crush with someone else caused him pain, and sometimes it went to the point where it was unbearable. it felt absolutely ridiculous to jeno as to why he was feeling this way, but it was something he can't control. having a crush on someone for almost four years can do a lot, and that included making you feel hopeless.

the chinese male couldn't exactly relate to what it felt like when you like someone who didn't return your feelings, but he knew that it hurts, a lot. in jeno's case, he didn't have anyone to talk to about it either, since he had kept this to himself for a long time, and that most likely added to his pain.

"how do you know that?" chenle asked. "he might like you back."

the chinese male mentioned this mainly because he had thought of a person that jeno may like, and that was none other than jaemin. the two were always together, they knew everything about each other, and generally, they were inseparable. actually, it was more that renjun, jeno, and jaemin were all inseparable, which is also one of the main reasons why the three shared a dorm together.

"he told me. he likes someone else and always talks about them," jeno said, causing chenle to realize that his guess was wrong, since the chinese male knew that jaemin likes the light blond haired as more than a friend.

so then who was it? chenle had no clue, nor did he even really have a lead as to who it was. he knew it was someone close to jeno, since the male had mentioned that it was his best friend, but other than that, the orange haired male had no idea. there was a possibility of like, eight people that chenle could guess from, but none of them seemed possible.

"so then... who do you like?"

taking a deep breath and letting out a sigh, the light blond haired male closed his eyes, contemplating on whether or not he should tell the chinese male as to who he likes. it wasn't really a difficult decision because obviously, jeno needed to tell someone about it, but he couldn't find himself to say it right away. maybe he didn't want to admit that he needed to tell someone or that he needed help, but the light blond haired male knew it himself that he could no longer keep this to himself.

"i like..."
.
.
.

"... renjun."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 580 33
Mark thought he was taking a normal office job. But when things take a turn, he finds love around every corner of the office. Mark x NCT -ONGOING- :...
168K 7.8K 15
โœŽ markhyuck ! โ˜ - in which mark accidentally discovers donghyuck's secret. started โ†  2019.28.10 ended โ†  2020.01.03
84.4K 3.6K 37
"you're telling me... that i had to get insulted at, lose thing that are irreplaceable for me, deal with you and your friends making fun of me and my...
163K 11.1K 41
My boyfriend's crush is kissing a girl, thought Renjun sarcastically, a little bit bitterly... Renjun's life is a crazy mess, Jeno has trust issues, ...