𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 (𝙆...

By wishImMilkbread

‼️UNDER EDITING‼️ "Will I ever be enough?" Y/n L/n had always been known as the "other L/n" to everyone. She'... More

I-Meet the "family"
II-Say you love me
III-Tired
IV-Stay a little longer
V-Look at me that way
VI-Just one last time
VII-I wish you knew
VIII-Fridays
IX-Emails
X-A place you once called home
XI-A pleasant surprise
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
Author's Note
XX
EPILOGUE
SOON
KENMA X READER IS OUT
1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

XII-To love again

34.7K 1.3K 4.7K
By wishImMilkbread

And so their flight arrived in Tokyo.

Y/n decided not to come home until they're leaving for Miyagi.

She thought of staying at a hotel, but Kenma insisted to let her stay at his new condominium, giving her the spare room.

"Hey." Y/n awkwardly calls to the boy.

"Thanks." she says, with her head down while scratching her head.

"Mhmm." replied Kenma, who was picking out which game he'll stream for tonight.

She felt her stomach grumble and Kenma looked a bit hungry too, so she decided to cook some food.

The girl made her way to his kitchen, looking for food, only to be met with an empty fridge and a cupboard filled with ramen.

She stomped her way to Kenma and crossed her arms.

Kenma felt a glare from the girl so he immediately looked up.

"Y-yes?" Kenma stuttered nervously.

She dropped her intimidating aura and collapsed on the couch next to Kenma.

"You really need to start eating healthier, all I found was instant ramen inside your cupboard." she scolded him.

"I order food sometimes..." he answered.

Y/n looked up to the high ceiling, noticing how dark the place is. Not that she minds.

"I'm gonna buy ingredients from the grocery store, I'll be back." She says, standing up to fix herself.

"Alright." the boy sighed.

She walked over to the side table to grab her wallet and sweater.

As she put it on, Kenma followed behind her.

"Need anything?" Y/n asks, putting on her cap after wearing her sweater.

"I'll drive." he volunteered, grabbing one of his keys from where it was hung.

Y/n smiled to herself, securing the cap.

"Alright."

They made their way out of the building, getting inside Kenma's car.

The car ride was mostly silent and was just them humming to the songs being played on the radio.

As they arrived at the store, Kenma put his hoodie on to prevent being recognized.

But that went downhill right after the guard himself recognized him.

They made their way to the different aisles, Kenma not being able to decide what to get.

He looked at the bright grocery store lights, his eyes narrowing to prevent them from hurting.

As Y/n kept thinking of recipes and food she could cook, Kenma's shifted from what food to get to how she felt.

Kenma shook his head lightly, telling himself he shouldn't interfere with
Y/n's personal life more than he already has.

But he had to know. Even if he thought it was none of his business.

"Y/n." Kenma said in a low, curious, tone softly to avoid people from overhearing their conversation.

"Yes?" Y/n looked at him, curiosity able to be seen in her eyes.

Kenma gathered the courage to say his next words as another part of him tells him to say it's nothing.

"Do you think you'll ever fall in love again?" Kenma asks the girl, catching her off guard.

Y/n's thoughts told her to say "What kind of question is that?" but her mouth had other plans.

"I don't know." she unexpectedly answers, shocking both herself and Kenma.

Kenma never expected her to answer. He thought she would just laugh and brush it off.

"Do you want to be in love again?" He asks again, stopping in his tracks and looking at the girl curiously for an answer.

Y/n did the same and planted her feet besides the shelves of cereals next to her.

She looked at the ground, not knowing how to answer her friend's question.

"I'd like to be in love again..." she answers quietly, Kenma walking next to her.

"I just hope it isn't with someone like him." she finishes her sentence.

Kenma stayed quiet, not knowing what to say next. He regrets asking the question and making the atmosphere around them all tense, but some part of him was satisfied with her answer.

"Let's eat out instead." Y/n suggests.

"Alright, but I think I should get myself some food." Kenma says, being glad that Y/n broke the tense atmosphere.

They walked their way to the beverages aisle, looking for milk only to find the last thing Y/n would possibly want to look for.

Before them stood a couple doing their groceries, laughing.

A dark haired boy and a girl who looked a bit similar to her.

Kuroo...

And S/n.

Kenma locked his gaze onto Y/n, checking up on her.

Y/n, on the other hand, continued to look at milk intensely, pretending to read the nutritional values as if she cared.

The carton would've set fire by now if Y/n was capable of doing so.

"I see you succeeded on your mission, Kenma." a familiar voice greets as the sound of his voice starts to get closer.

Ah, great. Totally what I need right now. Time to write a book called "Why is this universe such an asshole?".

Kuroo and S/n walked over to them casually, not addressing the fact that neither of them have seen Y/n in four years.

Well, Kuroo did see her without S/n's knowledge.

"Hey Kenma!" S/n greeted the boy, not knowing how to greet Y/n and what to say.

They weren't exactly close, so...

"Hm." Kenma responded and looked at S/n for a split second before returning his gaze to Y/n who was currently browsing the selection of milk in front of them.

Y/n could see Kuroo and S/n awkwardly standing with the use of her peripheral vision but she chose to ignore them.

"What are you guys doing here?" Kuroo asked the both of them.

Y/n judged him quietly inside her head.

You're the one who asked Kenma to drag me back home.

"Listening to the grocery store's playlist, you?" she sarcastically said before deciding to grab the carton of milk next to Kenma and put it in their cart.

Kenma looked at her, not knowing if he should help the girl carry the item so he panicked and moved his hands all over the place.

Kuroo chuckled at Y/n's sarcastic response while S/n stood there in shock, still not being able to process that her sister now apparently has a different attitude.

"We were gonna eat out but I really needed a few groceries." Kenma answered Kuroo's question in Y/n's place.

"That's perfect! We were just planning and deciding where to eat out!" S/n said in a cheerful, high-pitched tone Kenma didn't exactly appreciate.

"Do you guys want to have a meal with us?" Kuroo asked hesitantly.

Y/n didn't exactly have a choice with the situation Kuroo has put her in.

Not exactly.

Both Kenma and Y/n groaned inside their heads. Kenma had a stream to do, but given the situation, he can't exactly leave Y/n alone with the two.

They nodded at the same time, earning a bright smile from S/n.

The rest of their time at the grocery store was Kenma and Y/n staying quiet, picking out snacks for Kenma's stream that he moved tomorrow in which he'll attempt another Pokemon Nuzlocke and Kuroo and S/n giggling and acting like a couple while browsing through the aisles.

Y/n didn't mind, though she has never seen Kuroo that happy with her before.

Kenma was trying his best to make up a topic for small talk but was quickly interrupted by Kuroo.

"Are you guys done or do you still have something to pick up?" Kuroo asks with a smile.

"We're both really hungry." he added.

"We're done. Where would you like to eat?" Y/n spoke formally on Kenma's behalf.

"Let's talk about it on our way out."
S/n suggested.

They pushed their carts all the way near the check out counters, the cashier greeting them politely.

"So, Y/n. How have you been?" S/n tries to make conversation but fails miserably.

"Lot better." she responded casually, rubbing her hands to get some warmth.

The conversation was later followed by an awkward silence, making the atmosphere tense.

"We've been well too. Tetsuruo and I have had a few arguments and fights but we managed to pull through." S/n said cheerfully.

Well I didn't exactly ask, now did I?

Y/n only hummed in response, seeming uninterested, to which she was.

On the other hand, S/n got all embarassed and flustered because of the way she had told her sister about her relationship and how she answered with no interest.

"Where do you guys wanna eat?" Kenma asked as he rubbed his stomach with a light pout visible on his face.

"Can we go to a place where they have Karaoke?" S/n suggested as her eyes lit up.

"I'm down, you guys?" Kuroo responsed to S/n and asked the two.

Kenma didn't exactly like the idea, but Y/n had other intentions.

"Sure." she responded casually, having been hit by an idea as she gets a confused look from Kenma.

The four of them walked over to the parking area and got into their seperate cars, with Kenma following Kuroo's to the place of their choice.

They were in for a long night filled with awkward silences, which basically summed up how Y/n's life is.

Y/n rubbed her hands together to gain a bit of warmth.

Kenma's hand couldn't decide whether to turn down the ac or to turn up the heater.

"It's fine. The ride isn't that long." Y/n responded casually and Kenma's hand was placed back on the steering wheel.

"I have an extra hoodie at the back seat..." Kenma informs her and she responds with a nod.

The sweater she was wearing wasn't exactly doing a great job at keeping her warm.

She slowly turned to her back to find the hoodie and reached her hand out.

Y/n puts it on without hesitation.

The car ride was now filled with them humming to the tunes of songs being played.

Kenma followed Kuroo's car who was now about to park. Kenma's car stopped and did the same.

The both of them got out of the car to see Kuroo and S/n standing, with S/n waving her hand out and smiling.

Kuroo recognized the hoodie but decided not to talk about it, his eyes wondering to his bestfriend who didn't bother to meet his gaze.

They walked inside and booked a room, this isn't normally a place where they would be found hanging out at, all of them just agreed to S/n's request.

The four of them ordered food and waited for it to arrive. S/n just kept singing at the background, Kuroo occasionally joining her.

S/n stopped singing as their food arrived, Kuroo questioning the bucket of beer one of them had ordered.

Kenma isn't really a fan of beer as to the fact that he prefers wine. Kuroo was unsure about Y/n since she didn't really seem to be a drinker, but being in another country for four years might've changed that.

So it was clear who ordered it. S/n.

Y/n tried to hide her cheeky smirk, satisfied because the plan she came up with was going along just the way she wanted it to happen.

"Seriously?" Kuroo asked S/n who was scratching the back of her head.

"What?" S/n asks innocently, trying to make Kuroo soften his gaze.

"It might get them to loosen up." S/n whispered to Kuroo, and boy was she wrong.

Kenma brought out his phone and tweeted that the stream he'll be doing will be moved to tomorrow.

The night proceeded with them, well... mostly S/n talking and drinking.

Poor sis, can't handle her liquor.

The three seemed to be getting drunk, Y/n did have no idea as to how they forced Kenma into drinking.

Y/n wasn't really a fan of drinking at first, but given how BF/n always seem to have problems and have an unhealthy comfort mechanism of drinking, she built up a tolerance towards alcohol.

She looked at them and smirked.

S/n was very drunk as she giggled and groaned to herself.

Kenma had a blush across his face as he slept soundly on the table.

While Kuroo was tipsy and seemed to be getting sleepy.

However, Y/n was completely sober.

"Hey S/n. I have a question." Y/n says to her sister who was completely drunk, hoping she would be the type to talk when she was drunk, and she was.

S/n hummed as if she was asking what the question was.

"Are you happy with your relationship?" Y/n asked, biting her fries that turned cold and a bit soggy.

"Mhmmm- Kuroo... great *hic* boyfriend.." S/n responded with a smile accompanied by a thumbs up struggling to actually point up.

Y/n could do nothing but sigh, moving on to the next person passed out.

"What about you, Kuroo? Do you love her?" she asks as if she was bored.

Kuroo wasn't really at his right mind.

"Yeaaaaaah... I loooove S/n a looooot." he says, extending his sentences which made Y/n giggle a little.

But part of her couldn't help but ask...

"Why?"

"Mhmmmm... I don't know... just do." Kuroo responds sleepily.

I thought I was gonna hear the "different" excuse again.

She was satisfied with the answers she got. After all, she knew what they were gonna announce. She just wanted to know if it will actually work out.

Y/n rests her head on her arms which were placed on the table, looking at Kenma.

And you... what do I ask you?

"Kenma." she said blankly, looking curiously at the boy.

"Why did you agree to making me come home?"

Kenma's head went up, earning a shocked look from Y/n.

"Because I thought you needed closure... and I want you to move on." Kenma looked into her eyes as he answered.

She thought he was drunk. After all, she wouldn't have asked those questions if she knew he was sober.

But she let out a sigh of relief once Kenma's head fell back down on his own arms.

Though she did have a problem... how is she gonna take them home?

Kuroo was really drunk due to the fact that he had drunk most of S/n's drink to stop her so he couldn't really drive.

But somehow, she managed to throw the three into Kenma's car.

She did struggle with Kuroo and had to ask help from one of the restaurant's staff because he was too heavy.

Y/n drove Kuroo and S/n to a hotel since she didn't know where they currently live, she can't exactly drop her sister off at their parents' house. They'd kill both her and her sister.

She later drove to Kenma's unit, carrying the boy to the elevator.

After reaching his floor, she quickly opened the door and gently put him onto his bed, covering him in a blanket.

She sat at the corner of his bed, looking at him sweetly.

Kenma was right, she did need closure.

After seeing them together, the anger she's been keeping for four years seemed to go away.

"Thank you, Kenma."

She was moving on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204 35 16
I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 16! SO DON'T JUDGE THE SHITTY WRITING! Y/N moves from America to Japan due to her dad's job. She moves from one place to...
64 0 11
In a world of shifting tides, Y/n faces the heart-wrenching task of leaving behind her hometown and cherished friends, including him Kuroo, who left...
3.6K 67 43
(ON HOLD) Your Kuroo's sister... or you thought. Ever was normal until you got a illness that you have to move for. Not to mention there is two peopl...
13.7K 668 10
After going out for more than a year and a half, and actually living together for six months, the couple Kuroo and Kenma decide to come out to their...