The Universal Legend (A Percy...

Supergirl8666 द्वारा

Percy Jackson is touched by betrayal, terribly. Close to alone, with only his closest confidents there, he se... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2 (rewrite)
Chapter 3 (Rewrite)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 18

1.2K 24 43
Supergirl8666 द्वारा

I don't own Percy Jackson or any characters you may recognise from the first two series', they belong to Rick Riordan.

So, I may have gone overboard on the bartering. You don't need to read the full section of it if you don't want to, but it will be a good idea to make sure you read the parts that aren't based on the barter, found in-between the sections. You should be able to tell the difference - especially as it is split up into three sections. Though compared to the rest of the chapter, it isn't a lot. Happy reading.

Previously on The Universal Legend:

"This design is simple but elegant." The one behind the counter studies the image. "What sort of metal would you like, depending on if you can afford it?"

"I would like both made of Tiliantor Metal." I reply and everyone's eyes in the room widen. "Give me the price. I'll pay half now and half once it has been made."

His eyes gain a gleam, telling me that this will become a barter where we have to negotiate the price, so my eyes narrow slightly - barter like we have before. 

Chapter 18

Zale's POV

Before he can say anything, I put in, "My starting price is two hundred golden drachmas."

This sets the lowest I'm willing to pay and I already know that I'm not going to pay more than five hundred golden drachmas for this – I had forgotten how expensive this metal can be.

"Mine is six hundred Golden drachmas." He replies and I can tell that we have everyone's attention as it isn't often that people gamble for this metal.

"Two hundred and twenty golden drachmas."

I know that I have to be careful. Athena only knew the smallest amount of information about the universal currency. That they use golden, silver and bronze drachmas. That isn't all to it. Two hundred bronze drachmas equal one silver. One hundred silver is equal to one golden. Luckily, this currency is easy to remember. And it is really a rip off to those who have to pay rent to keep their houses and shops when the Army of Order is around collecting rent. They should at least make it more fair – though fair isn't in the morals of the Army of Order. Because one golden drachma is equal to twenty thousand bronze drachmas. Not fair in the slightest. 

"Five hundred and sixty golden drachmas." He raises an eyebrow.

"Two hundred and forty golden drachmas." My eyes gain a slight spark to them.

"Five hundred and forty golden drachmas."

"Two hundred and sixty-five golden drachmas."

"Five hundred and ten golden drachmas."

"Two hundred and ninety golden drachmas."

"Four hundred and ninety-five drachmas."

"Three hundred golden drachmas."

"Four hundred and eighty golden drachmas."

"Three hundred and ten golden drachmas."

"Four hundred and seventy golden drachmas."

"Three hundred and twenty golden drachmas."

"Four hundred and sixty golden drachmas."

"Three hundred and thirty golden drachmas."

"Four hundred and fifty golden drachmas."

"Three hundred and fifty golden drachmas."

Both of our eyes narrow further now, getting down to a more midrange area of both our starting points. Only one hundred golden drachmas difference, which to be fair, is a lot. Two million bronze drachmas, if my quick calculation isn't wrong. We continue on, this time using both gold and silver drachmas.

"Four hundred and twenty-five golden and seventy silver drachmas." He continues.

"Three hundred and seventy-five golden and thirty silver drachmas." I barter, but it continues on.

"Four hundred and twenty golden and thirty silver drachmas."

"Three hundred and eighty gold drachmas and forty-seven silver."

"Four hundred and fifteen golden and fifty silver drachmas."

"Three hundred and eighty-five golden and ninety silver drachmas."

"Four hundred and ten golden drachmas with ten silver."

"Three hundred and ninety golden drachmas and fifty-four silver."

We now start using bronze as the gap between each of our prices is so low, that it is only around twenty golden drachmas apart, or four hundred thousand bronze.

"Four hundred and five golden, fifty silver and seventy-five bronze drachmas ." he continues

"Three hundred and ninety-three golden, ninety-eight silver and one hundred and ninety-nine bronze drachmas."

"Four hundred and three golden, sixty-five silver and one hundred and thirty-six bronze drachmas."

"Three hundred and ninety-six golden, forty-three silver and one hundred and forty-nine bronze."

"Four hundred and three golden, five silver and thirty-four bronze drachmas."

"Three hundred and ninety-seven golden, eighty-three silver and three bronze drachmas."

"Four hundred and two golden, twelve silver and one hundred and eighty six bronze drachmas."

"Three hundred and ninety-nine golden, fifty-eight silver and one hundred and seventy-eight bronze drachmas."

"Four hundred and one golden, ninety-six silver and one hundred and fifty-seven bronze drachmas."

"Four hundred golden, one silver and ten bronze drachmas."

"Four hundred and one golden drachma, six silver and twenty-eight bronze."

"Deal." I am quick to say.

He nods saying, "For a total price, both of your necklaces will be four hundred and one gold, six silver and twenty-eight bronze drachmas. You can give me two hundred golden drachmas now and pay the rest afterwards."

I give him a nod and grab out my pouch containing all my money. Well, all the money I brought along today. I think I have about another one thousand golden drachmas back at the shop/house. Though honestly, I have no idea how I've gotten so many in such a small time frame. I haven't even been out in the universe for longer than half a year.

I make sure that none of the three connected to me telepathically can hear any of these thoughts as I open my pouch. Once I open it all the way, I look at the three sections it has been divided into. My handy work. I put my hand into the part that I know has the golden drachmas thanks to a design I've placed on it. I also quickly calculate how many bags I need to get out.

Right now, I need to pay two hundred drachmas. Divide that amount by thirty and I will get... about... 6.66. So, I need seven of these bags out. I hand over six of the bags, while I start to count out the rest I need. I've given him six bags, each that hold thirty of the coins. Thirty times six equals one hundred and eighty. So, I need to give another twenty to him. I pull the needed twenty out and then hand them to him.

"Will you be waiting here?" he – Tinalrad – questions. (Tin-al-raa-d)

After a quick glance at the three with me and a telepathic conversation, we agree to stay here so I tell him that we will be. With that, we go and sit down on chairs. And a telepathic conversation starts up.

"You are good at bartering." Joshura tells me, a fantastically hidden hint of awe in his tone.

"Probably because I've needed to use it to get out of dangerous situations before, which means I need to understand how to do it."

"It's good you can negotiate but not good that you need to use it to get out of situations." Marcol voices, though he seems to be thinking about something.

I agree with him.

"Now, we need to figure out what to do." Marcol begins. "With three members of the Army of Order in here, we need to stay on high alert. We don't know what they are doing here, or even who they are."

I take another glance around the room, making myself seem relaxed. During this glance, I study them. I try to figure out if I know them from somewhere besides the meeting I stumbled upon. If I have seen them before. Which I have.

"I've spotted them on planet Tora a number of times. Never alone though. They always had another with them. Another I believe may have been a member like them. Actually, I've spotted a number of instances that seem suspicious. Not just with them."

"Is there any chance after we finish up, you could write as many instances as you can remember down?" Marcol is the one who asks this. "It may help us. Even if you write down something that might be suspicious. Or someone."

"Of course." I reply leaning back, surprised by how comfortable I already am with them and start a bit of meditation, which they ask me about, so I give an answer. "I find in meditation, if you do it one way, you are able to rest your body and mind but stay alert the entire time, allowing a person to keep an eye on their surroundings without making it obvious. So, I find it a good way to replenish energy while staying awake, getting the benefits of sleep."

Time skip

It has now been about an hour and a half. And there is one thing you should know. Restricting my powers that don't go with this identity while being on a heat-based planet, is terrible. Absolutely terrible. And as I have slipped into my role of being a Water Elemental, I've been making myself have the effects of a Water Elemental around heat. And, at this current time, it is making me tired which I have been managing to replenish with meditation. But not all the tiredness is going away. I really need a source of water relatively soon, but I don't want to make that obvious. And me being me, I forgot to pack a water bottle which was utterly stupid.

Luckily, my friend Tinalrad is quick at smithing and has finished what he has made, as he calls us up to the counter he is behind once more. Once getting there, I hand him the coins that I still owe him. The drachmas that I got out a while ago when I figured he would probably be finishing up soon. Once he is handed the money, he gives me the two necklaces.

These necklaces are simple but elegant. They are a dark purple, such as what you might see in the night sky. The chains are the same metal as the rest of the necklaces. So carefully crafted so that it looks like a solid rope, and not many small chains linked together, unnoticeable. It looks like one solid link and not hundreds of smaller ones.

"Have a good day." Tinalrad tells me, though he seems confused by the group with me with I give him another motion that says 'later'.

With that, the four of us walk out of the shop and start our journey back to the Portal Platform. A few minutes into the walk, I spot something suspicious. That the three army members don't seem to spot.

"We are being watched." I briefly tell them, which that are surprised at. "Over to our left, behind the bushes but before us."

"You are right." Marcol says after subtly glancing around, making it look like he is taking in our surroundings. "How do you spot these things when we, highly trained may I add, don't spot them."

"I don't know."

"Do you recognise the person from anywhere?" the female elf questions so I give a glance in the female's direction.

The female is subtly gesturing to me. Giving gestures practically saying that we need to talk, immediately. And I recognise this person as a friend of mine, who I use as a contact to gather information.

"She's a friend." I briefly say before calling aloud. "Milenela? What are you doing here? Why are you here?"

She shoots me a sharp look before gesturing us to come over. Confused, the three with me alert, we go over to her making it look like nothing is wrong. Once we get to her, she leads us further off the path and into some green bush – which those on Earth wouldn't expect to be growing on this planet hence to the heat. She stops after a few minutes, looking nervously around. She then looks to the three with me, unsure.

"I need to urgently speak to you Zale." Milenela whispers. "Alone. About the... you know..."

I nod, not telling her who is with me. The three who are with are watching her cautiously.

"What is it about?" I reply instead of going with her alone.

She gives me a complicated gesture, trying to tell me alone.

"Milenela, what you have to tell me can be said with all of us."

"But..." she does another series of hand gestures, telling me that this is important.

The three with me don't seem impressed.

"She is one of my contacts who informs me of things." I tell the three members of Chaos' Army. "Knowing her, she won't talk about what she has to say without me either being alone or you tell her your status'."

"As I said at the start, you aren't going to be anywhere alone whilst we are out of Tora. If you trust her, we will reveal our status'.

"You trust me Milenela. I trust you. Trust me when I say you can trust these three." Not using their names doesn't go unnoticed by her.

"And unless they are in the Army of Chaos, none but you should know." She replies stiffly, staring at them cautiously.

After the three with me glance to one and another, Joshura speaks up. "We are. We are in the Army of Chaos."

My contact shoots a look towards me, I nod solidifying their words.

"Allow me to introduce Joshura Macual and Elissa Partaco of Sector Seven of the Chaos Army, along with Marcol Gandil, the Section Leader of Unit Nine."

Milenela gaps now. "Y... You... I am sorry for my disrespect."

"It is alright. Not many can recognise us outside of uniform." Marcol tells her gently, turning to me. "I understand how you know my last name, but not how you know the names of the other two."

Opps. I did not think of that. They have only told me their first names, not their last ones. I quickly calculate what I should say, not making it obvious.

"That's Zale for you." Milenela huffs. "Knows things others shouldn't or are unaware of. It happens a lot."

"Such as when?" I question her, before replying to what Marcol asked. "I've noticed Joshura and Elissa patrolling around quite a lot the past few months and have heard other members of Chaos' Army call them by their last names."

The three seem like they have a suspicion that I didn't say everything, but don't question me further.

"Such as when?" Milenela actually stares at me as if I am ridiculous. "Honestly, you really don't take credit for anything you do, ever, do you? Like, absolutely never ever."

"I don't really do anything though." I reply to her getting a huffed laugh of disbelief.

"Nothing? Nothing? Do you believe him?" The three army members look surprised when she includes them into this, not expecting to be included. "Nothing Zale Asim? Honestly! You call all this nothing? You save me from an assassination attempt. You save my entire family. You save Planet Phinewt from being invaded by Order's Army by manipulating said group into thinking that they are at the wrong planet so much so that they went back to their base confused. Then that army gets sent back to the planet to try to invade it again. But no, you have already tipped the Chaotic Army off about that. My friend gets an injury that if it isn't taken care of, would have killed her in under five hours. And what do you do? Instead of taking her somewhere where someone could attempt to heal her, you do it yourself. Completely healing her without leaving any lasting damage or evidence that it was even there in the first place. How did you even do that? You have taught my town basic self-defence – well, those who didn't already know – when you didn't need to. You call all that nothing Zale Asim? Because that is most definitely a lot. And not even everything I know you have gone through to help others. Not everything you have done! You call all that nothing?"

By the end, she is breathing heavily. And pointing to me in a stern way, as if trying to get me to understand something. I'm staring at her, wondering if she has stopped. And Joshura, Elissa and Marcol are staring at me in shock.

"And that Zale Asim, is everything that I know you have done in the past five months. Five! Out of how many you have been alive. You call all that not much?"

"It isn't much though."

She throws her hands up in frustration and looks to be about to slap me in the face, "I give up."

"Let me get this clear," Marcol begins after a few moments of silence, turning to me, "You did all that in five months? And you are the one who gave us the information about how Planet Phinewt was going to be attacked?"

I just nod to that with a reply of something such as 'it wasn't much', erecting a huff of frustration from Milenela. I just blink at her. Why does she make all this sound like a big deal? It isn't. The other three look to her questioningly.

"He-" Milenela frustratingly gestures to me at this, "just does not get it. That the things he does, helps with, is a big deal. That only a few would go to such an extent to keep others safe to such a degree; besides the army the three of you are in. He never takes credit for anything, no matter how big or small. It's like he takes credit for nothing even when he is the one who most deserves it. He never makes a big deal out of anything. Anything!" she pauses for a second, giving me a stare. "Zale, did you bring anything to drink, at all, for while you are off Tora?"

I give a reply that is slightly sheepish, "I may have forgotten."

She sighs, "Of course you did."

The three who aren't in this discussion, keep sending each other looks as if trying to figure out if this is really happening or not, though their expressions are excellently concealed.

She grabs a bottle out of her bag, passing it to me, "Drink. And I will not take no for an answer. I'll take my answer in the form of you drinking this water. I will take no other form of answer. If you try to give a response, I don't care what you will say, I will slap you." She sees the looks the three send her way and shrugs. "What? Knowing him, he will probably reject it as many times as I offer. That would even be when he would be on the brink of dehydration and about to collapse into unconsciousness." She sighs here. "He is a person who seems to care about others more than himself, doing dangerous stunts to keep others safe."

Knowing that there is no chance for me to get out of this, I take a sip of water before trying to hand it back to her and I receive a glare.

"More than just a sip you idiot." Knowing her threat of still slapping me is up, I sigh and start drinking from the bottle, taking more than a few sips before handing it back to her where she decides to relent in trying to get me to drink more.

"What did you want to discuss?" I question after looking around the surroundings.

"Zale, how do you get into all this trouble?" she sighs and continues on when she gets four equally confused looks. "Did you know that the entire Army of Order wants you either dead or captured alive. And brought back to their headquarters for both outcomes? They really do not like you. What in the universe did you do? They don't even have such a vendetta against those in the Chaotic Army!"

"I sort of figured that they wanted me dead after trying to assassinate me. Which is why I'm with these three."

"What did you do to have a Section Leader help escort you around?" she worries.

"He knocked one of the opposing Section Leaders of the Army of Order out." Marcol tells her briefly.

"And he firmly denied that Section Leader's offer to join their army." Elissa continues.

"And he went a step further, pointing out reasons as to why no one should join." Joshura finishes. "I think that that last point is the reason they want him dead most though. He revealed information that none in our army knew."

"See what I mean? He finds information that none knows. Did he take any credit, at all, to helping take down the enemy?"

"No credit." Elissa replies.

"We may want to get out of here." I tell them after spotting a group that seems suspicious coming in our direction, though we luckily haven't been spotted yet. "Nope, we will have to fight our way out. We are surrounded though none have seemed to have seen us yet."

"Zale, a telepathic link would be good right now." Milenela hisses out a whisper.

After a quick look to the three I came here with, receiving a nod, I funnel her into the link I had previously set up. She questions this.

"I had already set up a link between us." I briefly tell her. "Any ideas on what to do?"

"You seem like you can take charge easily. Why is that?" Marcol questions, observing our surroundings.

"I've been in enough situations where I need to lead to keep everyone safe." Is my basic reply, and it doesn't go unnoticed by any of those in the link that I didn't actually explain the question.

"Can any of you recognise anyone in the group coming towards us?"

After a quick scan, I reply, "Besides the three from earlier in the Army of Order, I don't recognise any of those who are surrounding us." I give another quick scan. "They all seem to be in the Army of Order, so they must have heard that I was just at the smith getting something made. Do any of you have something that can teleport us? Or keep us hidden?"

"Unless you want to go to Planet Auria, then teleportation is out." Elissa tells me, though I can tell that she snuck a look at the Section Leader, double checking something – something which I believe to be that he won't be Flame Travelling us unless it becomes a dire situation, and if he were to Flame Travel, it may not be a good idea with my cover as a Water Elemental.

"Though we do have things that can allow us to camouflage into our surroundings." Joshura finishes.

"And we should use that to sneak away from here and not waste time." Marcol puts in, his tone commanding and leaving no room for argument. "Each device can cover three people. Partaco, Macual, go with Ms Milenela." He looks to me now. "You are with me."

With that, Marcol and Joshura both pull out a device. From the device, secured onto it, are bands. Like those rubber bands that are seen on Earth and go around a person's wrist. Except, these are a bit different. These are black and when Marcol practically shoves it onto my wrist because of how much of a hurry he is in, I see that they have parts in it. After a quick second of thought, I realise that these parts, machine parts, are to let the one wearing it camouflage. On the device Marcol has, he presses a button and suddenly we can't be seen as easily. We are camouflaged. Not invisible, just camouflaged into our surroundings.

I look to see that the other three are also camouflaged now.

"Go!" Marcol commands into the link.

With that, we start running. Well, running as fast as we can while being silent. While we are running, Marcol has grabbed my arm so that he knows where I am at all times, and I get the feeling that one of the other Army members has grabbed a hold of Milenela as well. With that, we run and manage to sneak around the groups.

We just run. Run towards the Portal Platform. Running, making sure that no one catches up to us. Tries to detain us. We run for about thirty to forty minutes, before we see the platform. When we see it, we slow down. Marcol tells us to deactivate the devises – well, he tells that to Joshura – and they are deactivated. Then we give the bands back to the one who gave them to us. We do this out of sight from everyone of course, so that no one can spot us before we are prepared to be seen.

"Milenela, will you be going back to your home now?" I question.

"I will be after I make a quick stop on Tora." She replies.

"Alright. Is there a chance that you could reassure Tom that I am alright? I have a feeling that he would have heard that I was in danger and would be panicking up a storm."

"Of course." She replies before separating from our group and walking over to the Portal Platform whilst I disconnect the link for her.

We watch her go and disappear, before we walk up to the platform. Once there, Marcol pulls one of the guards to the side and whispers something quickly, to which the guard nods. I'm guessing that Marcol told the guard that there is a group of the Army of Order following us and that if they are seen in their white armour, to detain them immediately. With that, we get transported to Planet Madical.

When we arrive, I instantly notice the difference in temperature. It is a lot cooler. There is a breeze, which is cool blowing. This planet reminds me of both Earth and Tora. They are all similar but different in their own ways. I breath a silent sigh of relief, my Elemental side more at ease. More relaxed.

We step off the platform and walk down the path. We walk until we get to Emilise's house/shop. It is similar to how Tom has his set up. Emilise uses her entire bottom floor for her shop/business, whilst Tom only uses about half of the bottom floor of his shop/house for his work. They both have the top floor as the main part of their house, as others are less likely to go up there and it is more protected.

Once we get there, after giving a scan to our surroundings, we enter knowing that it is open because of the sign. When we enter, we look around the place, looking for the owner. And we spot her. Emilise has her hands on her hips, an unimpressed look on her face.

"Zale Asim!" she steps closer. "You are late! You said you would be here over an hour ago. You are late. Very late!"

"Sorry Emmi." I reply, watching her as she takes in the three next to me. "I got into trouble and it delayed me by about three and a half hours."

"And is that why you have three members of the Army of Chaos with you?" she inquires. 

"Yes."

"Does it have something to do with the rumours of you facing a Pendorate?"

"Yes."

"Rumours of you capturing a Section Leader of the Army of Order?"

"I didn't capture him. I just knocked him out. With a book somehow."

"So, you helped capture a Section Leader?"

"I guess?"

"You guess? It's either a yes or no." She huffs though a smile is seen on her lips. "Come with me Zale, while we go over what you want enchanted and on what." She narrows her eyes at the three with me. "You three, stay here. I don't care about your status in the Army of Chaos. Only the one asking for enchantments and I are to know what any enchantments on it are while it is being ordered. So, you three, stay in here." The two of us walk to a room that I know is enchanted to not let any noise out. "And Zale, you have a telepathic link up, though it would be extremely difficult for others to figure out, I have. Take it down while you are telling me what enchantments you want on."

The three hear and agree to it, though they know that I would have had to anyway. The conditions Emilise lays down have to be met. Otherwise, you go and you may never be allowed back into her work area. I've heard that has happened a few times. Once we enter the room, she closes the door. She doesn't bother locking it. She will tell if someone goes to open it, on either side.

We sit down in chairs, a table between us.

"You were just somewhere hot, weren't you?" She questions, the third outside of Earth who knows that I'm an Elemental but not what type, though I have a feeling that she suspects that I'm a Water one.

"Yes. I was on Planet Melatic. Getting these made." I hand her the boxes the necklaces were placed into.

She stares at them, calculating the types of magic she could put onto it.

"What type of metal is it?" She questions, taking one out of its box.

"Tiliantor Metal." I answer making her whistle whilst looking it over.

"You know how expensive this stuff is, and that because these necklaces are made out of Tiliantor, they would be even more expensive than most enchanted necklaces. You do know this right?"

"Yes, I was aware of it. I knew that it would be expensive with just this metal but am still unsure of what the enchantments would take it up to."

"It depends on the enchantments and if these are the only two things you want me to enchant."

I smile, knowing that she has figured out that I want one more thing enchanted. Out of my bag, a third section that only I know about, I pull a box out. I open the box and hand it to her. She pulls the gem, connected to a string, out. This gem is a Sea Opal. A rare gem in the entire universe. Though none know how popular it is on Earth. This opal is in the shape of a drop of water, the same symbol as what I have for my suit.

Her eyes widen seeing the opal.

"I presume you don't want anyone knowing about this Sea Opal Necklace." She states and I nod knowing she will keep this to herself – unless specifically asked by a high ranking member in the Army of Chaos. She grabs a piece of paper and continues speaking, "What enchantments did you want on this?"

"For both of the Tiliantor necklaces, I'll have the same enchantments. I will have the enchantments for never breaking, to keep any injuries small so that they don't turn into life threatening situations and an immunity from the four basic elements of earth, fire, water and air."

She finishes writing the enchantments down and scans over them. She writes another thing down, before circling it. She looks up at me.

"And the enchantments on the other one?"

"Unbreakablity, immunity to the basic element of fire, when touched with intention, the ability to make the wearer invisible and an enchantment to have it hidden when the wearer wants to. For the invisibility, could I have it as your strongest invisibility spell?"

"Of course." She replies, a curious look in her eyes.

I can tell that she is curious about what I want on this necklace. I know that if she was another person, she would ask. But I know her, and she won't ask even if she is curious. I know that she will try to work it out on her own.

"For all three, could I have it so that none but the wearer can take it off, and those the wearer allows." She nods at my request.

Throughout the time I have been saying all this, she has been jotting the enchantments down. She looks them over, before jotting another thing down. She circles that thing. The circled information, along with the one from before – which she crosses out and alters – she connects to a line. Off of that line, she makes another line and then writes something down before underling it.

I know from other times I've been to her, that that is the final price for all the things I'm getting enchanted.

"That will be five hundred and ninety golden drachmas, sixty-two silver and thirty-eight bronze."

I wince at this information, "I didn't bring enough with me then."

"How much do you have on you?"

"Four hundred and ninety-nine golden drachmas, two hundred and ninety-four silver and three hundred and seventy-two bronze. So, it would be, if it was in the form of having the most golden drachmas, five hundred and one golden, ninety-five silver and one hundred and seventy-two bronze."

She replies after a few moments of thought, "You could pay for two things now and pick up the other at a later time, paying for it then. Or you could pay all that you have on you then come back another day, paying what is remaining and the interest."

I think these over before getting an idea. "You collect Percy Jackson merchandise, don't you?"

She blinks at the sudden change in subject before replying, "I do, why?"

I open my bag and think of the thing from before. I summon it to my hand. I pull it out, not letting her see what is on the canvas.

I turn it around, letting her see it, whilst asking, "How much would you pay for this if you were to buy this instead? Or trade it?"

Her jaw drops open when seeing the image. Her eyes scan it, taking in every detail. Taking in the image of myself and the other seven. Of course, she doesn't know I'm Percy Jackson. She keeps examining it, even asking if she could touch it to have a better look, which I allow. She gives it back to me after a few more minutes of examining it, but her eyes still linger.

"How much would you pay? At the lowest price? The highest? Or a trade?"

"A trade?" She questions incredulously. "This is worth at least double the three things you are wanting me to make. The lowest price anyone would be willing to pay for this would be two thousand three hundred golden drachmas. The most... oh, I'll say up in the billions."

I'm left gaping at the prices she just listed. Up in the billions? Is she serious? By the look on her face, in her eyes, she is completely serious.

"Do you know who made this?"

"I made it." I reply and her eyes widen in surprise. "But seriously, up in the billions? Really?"

"You... you made it?" she questions, staring at me and I nod. "First hand, no, it will be even higher. Having it sold first hand, the maximum price would be over a hundred billion."

My jaw drops.

I manage to stammer out, "W... wh... what?"

"Yes. Over that amount." She looks it over again. "You know, you could really make a business out of creating and selling paintings. You are great at it. And don't try to deny it, I know you. I'm only saying the truth. Only stating it!"

"Someone would really be willing to pay that much for this painting?" I manage. "And yes, I have been thinking of making and selling paintings. Ever since it was mentioned to me."

"Yes. Others would be willing to pay all that just for this single painting. And you are really considering a trade?" And there is her incredulous tone again. "A trade?"

"Yes." I reply bluntly just making her eyes widen in disbelief.

"You are willing to trade this with me?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"You mean it?"

"Yes. All the answers are yes." 

She goes quiet for a few moments. 

"Alright, two conditions though. You list as many enchantments as you want on these, and on any and all items from me in the future you will get them eighty five percent off. All of them."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"I just know how much money you make, which you put towards your hobbies when you have the time."

"I'm sure. Just start listing any and all enchantments down. I'll get straight to it. This one completely free of charge as you are trading your painting with me." I stare at her, she who has a gleam in her eye.

"Alright." I reply knowing that I won't be able to lower her demands, only make them higher. "There are the ones I already want which you have listed down. Then, I will have an anti-summoning enchantment, an enchantment that allows a person to camouflage into their surroundings, an enchantment that will warm up when it detects poisons and/or other harmful substances that are hidden from sight..."

Time skip

It's been about an hour and forty five minutes. It took about ten to twenty minutes to list all the additional enchantments and for Emilise to list them all down, by the proper name of each enchantment if I didn't know what it was called. She has been in her side room – the room from earlier – for the rest of that time, enchanting the three objects. The three members of Chaos' Army, I can tell, are curious as to why this is taking such a long time – I'm not allowed to tell anyone the reason as to why it might be taking so long until I'm out of her shop. It's the same with the enchantments, I can't tell anyone until I'm out. If the three do ask about the enchantments, I'll just say that they are to protect the wearer, which is true. And why it is taking so long, I know that the list is long, but I would have expected Emilise to have finished by now. Truthfully, I don't know why it is taking so long.

It takes another ten minutes or so until she comes out of her side room. She is smiling brightly, though I can tell that she is feeling tired. It takes energy for people to enchant objects. Energy and practice, which can take years to master. She doesn't walk far from the doorway as I rise from my sitting position.

"I've finished the necklaces." Her smile brightens. "They have all the charms you listed, plus a couple other ones I thought might be useful." The three with me are shocked at this, though they do a good job hiding it as they always have at hiding their emotions – I can only figure out their emotions because I've become good at reading people over the years. "I've also created these enchantments as strong as I can. Only another sorcerer, besides I, who can make such powerful spells, would be able to get rid of these enchantments. So this, with the metal you used, if one was to buy this, it would cost a lot. A lot more than what you would have payed."

With that, I follow her back into the room from before, leaving three members of the Chaotic Army actually showing their emotions of shocked disbelief – something hard to make a member of that army feel and show at the same time.

The door closes behind us. Emilise leads me to her work bench, where all three necklaces are laying in their cases. The lids of the cases are open, allowing me to see them. From getting just a quick look at them, I can tell that they are magical. The slight shimmer to them, just shows how magical they are.

"These necklaces are three of the objects I've most enchanted to become such a valuable price. Not even some kings and queens would be able to pay enough without this leaving a large dent in their money supply. Especially hand made, both crafted and enchanted to such a degree with the most powerful spells a person can enchant an object with. These necklaces... they just go up and beyond what I work with most of the time. Only a few times in all my years being alive, have I created enchantments to such a degree on more than one object. This... these are simply priceless. Utterly priceless."

"Thank you, Emmi." I smile, using the nickname I gave her.

"It's no problem. None what so ever." She beams back, extremely happy and taking a glance at the painting she recently hung up and enchanted so no thieves can get to it.

She hands the boxes to me, closing them over. Giving her another small smile – in this identity, I don't really smirk, I more or less give small, soft smiles – I take them and carefully store them away. With the Sea Opal necklace, I make sure to place it where I got it from, where none but I can access it. I can also tell that she enchanted the boxes so that nothing inside can get damaged.

And even though I'm blocking my powers to sense anything magical, I can still sense that they are magical just because of the shear amount of magic and energy Emilise put into her enchantments – luckily, when there are large amounts of magic swirling around inside of a small object, others can sense it even if they don't have the ability to do so normally.

Now, after making sure each necklace and case is in a safe place, the two of us walk out of the room. We walk to the three in the other room, the three who are still shocked but are managing to put on a calm façade. After a couple more minutes of talking, we go to leave. Before I can actually leave, Emilise traps me in a hug, a hug which shocks the three with us – people know that Emilise doesn't like being touched by others unless she trusts them, a trust which is hard to gain. I give her a gentle hug back before we both pull away.

She waves at us as we leave, "Have a good day. And Zale, remember everything is eighty-five percent off from anything you buy or have me enchant in the future."

When the door closes, Elissa is the first to speak, "Just what did you do to get a deal so good?"

"I traded the painting from earlier, of The Seven. She collects Percy Jackson merchandise. She said that the things we were trading today were nowhere enough on her end and gave me a deal, though I did try to bring it down to about fifty percent instead of the eighty-five percent she said, which didn't work."

"Well, you sure made her day." Elissa says after a few moments thought.

"Whilst you were talking to Emilise, I contacted Lord Chaos and the other Primordials." Marcol begins, shooting me a glance to make sure that I'm keeping up with him, which is when he notices the surprise on my face which he gives a small, almost unnoticeable smile at. "I brought up what happened on Melatic, and the three of us have been commanded to keep you safe until hopefully everything with the Army of Order calms down, though we aren't aware of how long that will take. It could simply be weeks or months."

I withhold a groan at this information. This will make it harder to do the things I need to. A lot harder. Many times harder. Just... harder.

They don't seem to pick up on the emotions I'm feeling, though they might just be making it seem like they aren't.

"You made one of those two necklaces for yourself, didn't you?" Marcol questions and I nod truthfully. "Put it on then. We want you as well protected as possible."

We stop walking as I reach into my bag. I pull out one of the enchanted Tiliantor necklace boxes. I open it and gently pull it out.

While pulling it out, I notice that the three with me have stumbled slightly, though almost in a way so that it is naked to the eye, so that those looking can't see the slight stumble. I carefully hang it around my neck – these necklaces you don't unhook and hook, it just one solid string that doesn't come apart. I let it rest against my neck, tucking it under my shirt so that none will see it and will it to become invisible from the sight of everyone. The three with me don't notice it turn invisible as it has already been hidden from sight – I just did the invisibility as an extra precaution.

"That necklace is heavily enchanted." Marcol states and I nod. "Now, you had nowhere else to go?"

"No, I only had to go to Melatic and Madical today." I reply.

They nod as we start walking again. Along the way, I get a sudden thought. If they are going to be making sure that I am safe, then... they will probably check around the house/bakery I live with Tom at. And... in the room I'm staying in, I have a couple weapons visible. Luckily nothing else is visible that could give me away – such as the suit the three of them saw me in. I'm glad that they don't know that it was me, though I'm worried that they will figure it out. Elissa and Joshura picked up my scent that day, and I know that since then, they have had a close eye on me – and with it suddenly getting closer to where they have been appointed by the Primordial Council... I have to be even more careful. Who knows what would happen in the future.

At that thought, I telepathically connect to Tom, glad that I haven't re-established the link with the three walking next to me.

"Tom." I call and know that he is startled which makes me glad that he would have closed the shop up by now.

"Zale?" he questions in surprise, knowing that I would only contact him from this far away if it is important. "Are you alright?"

"Yes. In my room, I have several weapons easy to be seen if the room was searched. I need you to hide them in my enchanted tent – you know that part that I showed you a few months ago to ever put something? I need you to put them along with anything else that might seem suspicious into that compartment."

"Why?"

"I've been appointed a couple members of the Chaotic Army to help keep me stay safe and I think that they'll search around for anything suspicious. I'll explain more – well I'll explain as much as I can when it is just the two of us somewhere no one would be able to hear our conversation."

"Alright." He replies before I shut the link down.

We walk for a while. After this walking – and luckily not seeing anyone suspicious – we lay eyes on the Portal Platform. This makes us relax slightly, knowing that we are a bit safer around the platforms where other members of the Army of Chaos – Chaotic Army its also known as – are located as if trouble arises, they will be able to quickly leap into action.

"How is your arm?" Joshura questions shooting me a look.

"Aching a bit." I reply.

"When you get back to where you are staying – where is that again? – we will look around for any weak points in the building." Joshura says, and seeing me nod, continues. "You should rest your arm. It probably wasn't the best idea to move it around so much today, but it is hard to keep an arm still when things such as what has happened today, happens. I suggest trying to keep it as still as possible tomorrow so that you can rest it, which will help with the healing stage."

"Of course."

With that, we reach the platform after I tell them where I'm staying. With that, we stand on it and get teleported to Tora after telling the conductors which planet to send us. We successfully land and walk off, going to a side room where the three have their armour and gear materialise. As, and in Marcol's words, 'It is too dangerous here, at this moment in time, for us to be unarmed whilst there is a chance you could be injured.'

The three of them really take their jobs seriously, which is good of course.

After they change into their armour, they all check it. It seems like they are making sure everything works and so that they can access their weapons easily. After they double check everything, we walk out. The three of them are tense as we walk for ten minutes, expecting an attack.

An attack that comes in the form of five members of the Army of Order.

Yes, an attack such as that one. The one that has just reached us. The one before us. The one that didn't surprise me or the three with me. Didn't surprise us as we were expecting it. An attack aimed at me. So, what do the three protecting me do?

They push me into the center with the three making a circle around me. Walking in a clockwise circle, no, inching in that direction. Making sure that all their sides are covered so that the group of five can't get a hit on me. Making sure that there are no openings that either they or another of the two can't defend against.

Then, the group of five enemies attack as one, with more of their army coming to back them up.

Time skip ten minutes

This fight has been a lot more boring than the fights from earlier. The three experienced members of the Chaotic Army has been able to hold them all at bay – the twenty-two or so enemies. Then, members of the Chaotic Army stepped in and helped the three take them down. Yea, this fight was very boring to watch – I only managed to smack a member of Order's Army out with a book once – once – in this fight. Though, that was about the start of the fight where I threw the previously mended book at one of the enemies faces – an enemy that didn't have a helmet on. The rest of the entire fight was boring and has now finished.

I'm being escorted to Tom's shop again. Well, don't let Tom hear me say that. He says that it is both of ours now no matter what I say. If he heard me say that, he'll probably try to make me see otherwise.

We are quick to arrive at where I'm staying, no other enemies coming to attack. Which is sad. I've really been wanting to fight again. Don't ask why, even I don't know. Why do I want to fight? I shrug this thought off, focusing on my surroundings as we get to our destination – Tom's shop/house. I really need to think of what to call it, don't I? I keep referring to it as a shop. Then I keep referring to it as a house. And then, I keep referring to it as both. So... what should I call it? Or should I call it something completely different?

"Remember, stay alert in case someone else is inside." Commander Gandil commands cautiously – yep, I can see why, in many ways, Marcol was made a Section Leader, Unit Leader, Section Commander... whatever you want to call it.

With that, like we discussed and after careful consideration, I unlock the door by pressing my hand to the pad, where underneath, is a key hole in case this doesn't work. I have both a key and my hand print signature logged into the door's mental frame set by a spell command said by Tom when I first arrived. Well, a couple days after I had arrived.

When the door opens, I call out, "Tom? I'm back."

"On the second story." He returns, pausing for a moment. "I'm a bit stuck though."

"Stuck how?" I question glancing at the three with me.

"I've been cleaning since I packed up the shop." He replies. "And... I flew backwards into a rope. And my wings are tangled up. And I'm hanging upside down."

Marcol's eyebrow raises at this.

"And why have you been cleaning?" I question slowly walking closer to him, the three checking around.

"I've been stress cleaning." He answers with a huff. "Worried about you. And what in the universe are these rumours about you facing off against not only a Pendorate, but also a Section Leader of the Evil Army?"

By now, we've climbed up the stairs and are about to enter the room he is in. The three with me don't need any clarification on who the 'Evil Army' is, already knowing. Most of those in the universe uses the two words Evil Army instead of Army of Order, or something along those lines, to convey who they are talking about. In fact, only about five to nine percent of those in the universe say Army of Order. All the rest say Evil Army. Or something similar to the words of Evil Army.

I open the door to the room, the three member's of the Chaotic Army having their hands on the hilts of their swords (Marcol) or duel knives (Elissa and Joshura).

"Uhh, the Pendorate targeted me as its prey and the Pendorate seemed to be the Section Leader's pet or something."

He is silent before he finally manages, "You are going to give me a heart attack one day, Zale, with all the trouble you get into."

We finally get a look at Tom, with the door wide open. And true to his word, he is hanging upside down, but not only by his wings. By one of his legs as well. He is turned at about ninety degrees to the left from the door. Underneath him, are cleaning supplies that he dropped. No one else is in the house, which makes me relieved though I know he would have tried to warn me.

"Just how exactly did you get tangled?" I question, watching as he flares his arms around, trying to face me. "Besides flying backwards?"

"I don't know."

I get the sudden urge to spin him around in circles, but I refrain from doing so. Though I really want to. I don't think it would be the best idea to. For several reasons.

"Do you want to get down then?" The amusement is clear in my voice for anyone to hear, erecting a huff from the one tangled.

"You don't think I have tried? Could you help me down? Please?"

"Joshura, did you want to help him down?" Marcol questions, though the tone sounds more like an order.

"Of course."

Tom is startled at the two suddenly with me, though I did warn him ahead of time.

"Zale, what...?"

"I'll answer in a minute." I reply leaning on the door frame.

I watch as Joshura helps Tom down. I... don't exactly know what he did to get him down. After he finishes, Joshura comes back over to us, scanning our surroundings. Now, Tom turns to us after getting his bearings back. And he splutters at seeing just who is with me.

"What trouble are you in now?" Tom sighs sounding resigned though he has a general idea from what I told him before. "Please don't tell me it is another Inewfif incident. Where normally an Inewfif is dangerous around anyone, but around you, was like a little bunny."

Those who came with me look at me at this seeming to want to question me about this but aren't sure what to say, after all, an Inewfif is the slightest bit more deadly and dangerous then a Pendorate.

"Worse than that." He rubs his temples at this. "The entire Army of Order want me either captured or dead."

"What did I tell you about calling them that?" he practically snaps, though the terrified glace around says the opposite of him trying to intimidate me or something, before his eyes widen and slowly looks at me again whilst paling. "Wait... what?"

Author's Note:

So, this chapter is now out. i hope all of you who have read it, like it. I'll see when the next chapter is posted. I might have it out on a schedualed day or i might not, seeing as i am wanting to change my updating schedual. this is because I'm working on mainly four books at the moment - out of my forty-something - and am planning out the stages of an origional book. I've kind of decided to not work on all my other books for a while. Besides this one, The Invisible Assassin, The Universal Legend and Unexpected Friends are the ones i'm currently working on, though at times i might go onto one of the others that aren't included in this list. The is the most recent fanfiction i started that i am interested in. 

So, when i have the updating schedual done, i'll let you all know. The books i meantioned above will have - or are about to have - one update (except, NEIAIS, it will have two). There's nothing else to really say at this time - i'll try to get the chapters and scheduals worked out.

Make sure to leave a comment if you want a message from me saying that the next chapter has been published - though, please keep it respectful to all who use Wattpad. If you have any questions just let me know.

Before i forget, Elementals. If you have an idea, can you give me an element they can use with a name. Example: Storm Elemental. I've been trying to make a list for possible elementals. and if you have  acharacter that might be able to be included, just let me know. And for either of these, tell me if you want the credit of coming up with it.

I hope you all have good mornings, days, afternoons and nights,

Supergirl8666

16/1/2021

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.3K 16 5
After the battle with the giants and Gaia, the demigods found themselves in the Olympian throne room. The gods in gratitude grant the seven with rewa...
21.1K 553 33
"Oh would you shut up!" Pandora yelled at the boy across from her. "Or what? What are you going to do? That witchy shit you love to do or maybe splas...
147K 1.5K 33
Have you ever felt like everything you've ever worked for was for nothing? That every problem, every struggle, you've gotten through has led you to n...
476K 8K 30
Along with the help of his friends, Percy Jackson saved Olympus and the world from the earth goddess, Gaea. However, instead of being welcomed to the...