VERENDUS

By MYZTICALLY

Sin's. A powerful family in South Korea that is both feared and reverenced by everyone. They have the ability... More

disclaimer
characters
P R O L O G U E
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 32
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 40

C H A P T E R 20

6.3K 386 232
By MYZTICALLY

What's your reading mode? Scrolling or paging?
- myztically

° ° °

"To what do I owe the pleasure of having you here, my dearest granddaughter?"

Lalisa gave her grandpa a peck on the cheek. "It's been two weeks since I came back. I figured that I should finally go and visit you here in your precious mansion. You know, just to check up if you're still alive."

"Alive and kicking, my darling." Grandpa Dom replied with a grin.

Lisa can't help but to shook her head after seeing Grandpa Dom's grin. "I won't stay here for long. I just need to talk to you about something."

"That doesn't surprise me anymore, actually. Normally, grandchildren would only go to their grandparents when they need something."

She exhaled impatiently. "I don't have time for this, grandpa."

Grandpa Dom immediately gestured his hand inside to his mansion. "Please, do come in. Let's continue this conversation at the garden and have some tea."

That being said, the two went to the garden to have a cup of tea.

"Actually, I thought you weren't planning on coming back." Grandpa Dom opened up as he put sugar cubes on his tea.

Lisa slightly shook her head with a stilled gaze. "If only that's possible."

"My dear, with all the things that I have seen and encountered," Grandpa Dom paused. "believe me, anything is possible."

"Even if I didn't come back, I'm pretty sure that you'll send out every man around the world to come and find me." she stated before taking a sip from her tea.

"How would you know if I didn't?" he asked.

"Because if you did, I would've been already found five years ago the moment I left."

Grandpa Dom smirked. "Clever girl."

"It wasn't that hard to solve, really." she exclaimed. "You're more powerful than my father when it comes to connections. Meaning, you could easily order some people to find my location in a snap of your fingers. It won't even take you a month or weeks to find me. Because you can find me within a day. But surprisingly no one has ever found me for the past five years." she squinted her eyes at him. "You wanted me to not get caught."

Her grandfather shrugged. "I just want my granddaughter to have freedom."

"From your own son?" she asked with one eyebrow raised. "You do know that he's been desperately trying to find me for the past five years, right?"

"Duho should've already expected that to happen," he said before nibbling on his tea. "Because if I were him, I would. You have four very protective brothers for Goddamn's sake. What does he take them for?"

Lisa shrugged. Fair point.

"Speaking of brothers," she crossed her legs and leaned back on her chair. "when are you going to tell me that you arranged one of them to the Kim's heiress?"

Grandpa Dom stilled for a second.

"I caught you off guard, didn't I?" she narrowed her gaze at him. "I need a reasonable explanation as to why should I agree to it."

"And why should I? I'm your grandfather."

She grinned. "And I'm your granddaughter who's going to marry the Jeon's heir. Meaning, I decide whether or not our families gets to unite. I mean, who knows?" she shrugged. "Maybe I'll give myself to Kang and marry his heir instead. After all, this family has cost me nothing but trouble."

Slowly, Grandpa Dom's face lost its expression. "You're bluffing."

Lisa calmly took another sip from her tea. "You'll be surprised at what I can do, grandpa."

Her grandfather stared at her for a brief moment before releasing a long sigh. "What do you want?"

A victorious smirk formed on her lips.

"Marriage is not a simple thing that you could just order someone to do just because it's their responsibility." she began.

Grandpa Dom interjects. "But we already agreed—"

Lisa cuts her grandfather off by raising her index finger. "And I'm not trying to disagree with you, grandpa. Just listen to what do I have to say."

Grandpa Dom sharply exhaled. "Fine. Continue."

"What I'm saying is, I have my conditions. I should at least have the right to have conditions, right? You want me to marry Jeon Jungkook? Okay, fine with me."

Grandpa Dom narrowed his eyes. "Including your brother's marriage to the Kim's heiress?"

She pursed her lips and thought about it for a moment.

There's no point in disagreeing anymore because Taehyung is already determined to marry that woman.

Okay, whatever. I'll just have to make sure that the Kim's heiress really does deserve my brother.

In the end, she nodded. "As long as my conditions are followed." she emphasized.

"Very well. What are these conditions?" Grandpa Dom questioned.

Lisa placed her teacup down. "First, this will be the last time that any of my brothers would be arranged to marry someone."

"Done." her grandpa immediately agreed.

"Second, I want my marriage to happen after I'm certain that there's no mess anymore." she proceeded.

Grandpa Dom nods. "Understandable. Don't worry, no rush."

"And lastly," there was a long pause. "after I'm married to Jeon Jungkook and our families are finally united..." she drawled. "I want all of our business in the underground to end."

Her grandpa's ear flinched. "What?"

"You heard me. None of my brothers—including me, would run the underground business. Ever." she cleared out.

Grandpa Dom chuckled in a daze. "Are you serious?"

Lisa tilts her head. "Last time I checked? Yes."

Seeing the sincerity in her face made Grandpa Dom start panicking.

"Do you know what you're saying? Ending our family business? What do you think would our ancestors say if they're here right now?!" he couldn't help but snap at her.

His granddaughter looked unbothered. "Well they're dead, so... I don't really think their vote is counted. Plus, think of this condition as a gift or reward for me. For uniting our families. Yeah?"

"I strongly disagree with this—" before Grandpa Dom could even continue his sentence, Lisa has already risen up from her seat.

"Those are my conditions. Agree with all of them, and I assure you that there will be no problem on the wedding day." she took her sunglasses that was hanging on the middle of her chest and wore them. "Good talk, grandpa."

Lisa turned her back on her grandfather and was about to walk away when he called her. She looked at him over her shoulder.

"Do you really have to leave now? Because it wasn't a 'good talk' for me. I haven't even told you my opinion yet." Grandpa Dom complained.

"It's okay, I won't listen to your opinion anyway." she smiled. "I have to go. I still need to get ready for a ball. See you, grandpa."

° ° °

From a small elevated building a top from the crowd, is where you can see Jeon Jungkook standing while observing the people below him. A glass of brandy on his hand.

"Mr. Jeon, your friends are here." Yugyeom announced from behind.

Jungkook just hummed as a response and continued observing the crowd below. Taking a sip from his liquor afterwards.

Watching the crowd, he realizes something that made the corner of his lips tugged up.

Actually, the original theme of this year's anniversary was supposed to be just a formal party. They already finalized everything a few months ago and sent out the invitations. But just because he wants to throw a party for Lisa—without anyone knowing that it's for her of course, he told his employees to change everything in just two weeks. He ordered them to make it an all-black masquerade ball. And because all of his employees are very hardworking and can be trusted by any task that is given to them, they managed to fix everything within two weeks.

In short, let's just say that he pressured and threatened his employees just for them to finish organizing everything. Yeah, he went through all of that just for Lisa.

Boy is he so anxious to see what kind of stunt would his fiancée pull tonight.

"You seem deep in thought, Kook."

Jungkook gulped the remaining brandy on his glass before turning around to face his friends. And it didn't surprise him anymore when he saw Jaehyun, DK, and Mingyu already comfortably sitting on the sofas.

"What's up with the sudden change of theme? Do you know that I already bought a white suit in France? It cost me thousands to buy that suit and I wasn't even able to wear it tonight." Jaehyun complained.

"Yeah, and why did you change it to masquerade? You always say that fancy parties are just a waste of money and that you prefer simple ones. So why the sudden change of heart, Kook?" DK questioned.

Jungkook nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders. "It's the company's 25th anniversary. Twenty-five years is worth a grand celebration."

His answer didn't satisfy the three. And so, DK shifted his gaze to Yugyeom who's silently standing on the corner of the room.

"Is it really for the company?" DK asked Yugyeom.

"Don't bother asking that to my assistant," said Jungkook, reaching out for the bottle of brandy on the high table on his right. "because he's never gonna answer to any of you." he added before pouring another round of brandy on his glass.

"Okay, nevermind that question." Jaehyun diverted. "Aren't you supposed to be down there and entertaining your guests?"

Jungkook turned his back on them and faced the floor-to-ceiling glass to continue observing the crowd below. "Maybe later."

"Waiting for someone?" Mingyu asked.

Jungkook shrugged. "You could say that."

And Jaehyun being the gossiper that he was, really didn't want to miss the opportunity to ask questions. "Is it a woman?"

"Curiousness could kill you someday, you know?" was Kook's reply.

"Nah, I'll take my chances." Jaehyun shrugged. "So, is it? A woman, I mean."

Jungkook only responded by huffing. Annoyed.

DK sneered. "I'd keep my mouth shut if I were you, Jae."

Mingyu shook his head before shifting his gaze to Jungkook's back. "How have you been, Kook?" he asked, changing the subject. "We haven't heard anything from you for almost a month."

Kook let out a silent sigh. "I've been pretty busy."

"Oh, yeah. You followed Kim Seokjin in Melbourne to kill him, right?" DK asked. "How did it go, Kook? Was it mission accomplished?"

Before Jungkook could even answer, Jaehyun already beat him to it.

"Uhh, no. I don't think so. Kim Seokjin just arrived here from Melbourne two weeks ago."

DK gasped exaggeratedly. "What?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes. He then, turn around to face his friends again. "I let him go."

Jaehyun and DK's jaws dropped at his statement. "What?" they both said in unison.

"Have you gone mad, Kook?" Jaehyun asked afterwards. "I mean, what the fúck? You've been planning to kill him ever since you started managing your family company. And now you're just gonna freaking let him go?!"

Jungkook only took a sip from his liquor. Not giving his friend an answer.

Mingyu—who was silently observing Jungkook for a while, suddenly asks. "Is there a particular reason as to why you decided to let your biggest rival go?"

Jungkook stared at Mingyu.

If I kill Kim Seokjin, Lisa will never forgive me.

With that thought in mind, Jungkook averted his gaze. Slightly shooking his head later on.

"I made a deal with him," he said in the end. "If he fails to do what I ordered him to do, I'll kill him."

"But what if he succeeds?" Mingyu questioned. "Will you spare him?"

"A deal is a deal, Gyu." he stated. "I don't break my promises."

"Really? You'll spare his life?" DK asked in disbelief before chuckling. "Six years of planning to kill that rival of yours and now you decided to just let him go?" he scoffed. "What have you done to Jeon Jungkook? Who the fúck are you? Bring our friend back."

He rolled his eyes. "Stop being so dramatic," he grinned. "the party hasn't even started yet."

"So besides the usual boring stuffs," Mingyu drawled. "will there be something interesting that's going to happen tonight, Kook?"

He raised his shoulders in a half shrug. "We'll just have to wait and see."

The moment Jungkook finished his sentence, a knock made all of them shift their gazes to the door.

Yugyeom immediately opened the door to let the person in. And a handsome genius-faced man holding a tablet entered. It was Jungkook's secretary, Eunwoo.

"Mr. Jeon, your opening speech will start in five minutes." Eunwoo announced.

Jungkook put his glass down and looked at his friends. "You heard him. Get your assés up."

"Ugh, but it's boring there." Jaehyun complained. "Can't we just support you from up here?"

"No." he deadpan disapproved as he fixes his tie. "Do you want Yugyeom to drag you down there?"

Jaehyun mustered up a flat face. "Fúck no."

"Good answer."

That being said, the five of them went down to the venue. With Jungkook reminding them to wear their masks.

And as expected, his friends wouldn't stop throwing complaints.

"I can't find my mask," DK said. "fúcking damn it!"

"Well where did you put it, idiot?" Mingyu asked.

"I feel uneasy wearing a mask. Is it really necessary to wear this, Kook?" Jaehyun asked while adjusting his mask.

Jungkook wanted to facepalm himself so much. How the hell did he even became friends with these three?

As soon as they arrived at the venue, Jungkook left his friends without even them knowing that he already left. They were too busy complaining that they didn't notice him leave.

Yugyeom and Eunwoo assisted him to the platform where he would do his speech. Eunwoo gave him some instructions first before he finally went towards the podium.

He caught everyone's attention by tapping the mic twice.

"Good evening, everyone. First of all, I would like to thank each and every one of you for coming here to celebrate Jeon Empire's 25th anniversary. And also for my trusted employees for making this amazing event come together to become a success. I still can't believe that it's been 25 years since Jeon Empire was established by my—I don't even know how many 'great' grandparents that is."

The people chuckled at his statement. And so he proceeded.

"Just like any other companies out there, we started out small. But thanks to my family ancestors, our empire managed to survive 25 years—and counting, in the business industry. Not to mention, becoming one of the most successful companies in South Korea. And as its only heir, my only wish is for—" his eyes caught something from the crowd that made him stop talking.

Everyone's eyebrows raised. Clearly not expecting to see the famous Jeon Jungkook be frozen while making a speech.

He looks... taken aback.

° ° °

A red halter long backless evening dress. That is what Lisa decided to wear. With her newly dyed blonde hair tied in a low messy bun.

Finding her wouldn't be such a hard task because she's surrounded by people wearing nothing but all black.

And it didn't surprise her anymore when Jeon immediately saw her the moment she entered the venue. Hence, his reaction upon seeing her.

Lisa held his gaze for a brief moment. Even behind their masks, they were still able to stare at each other's eyes. She then nod her head. Giving him a sign to continue his speech.

Jungkook's gaze never left her as he proceeded with his speech absentmindedly. "—a better future."

Her lips formed into a sweet smile.

"F-for Jeon Empire." Jungkook immediately added before clearing his throat. "I'm not going to elaborate anymore. I don't want to take too much of your time. I've been making speeches for the past 6 years so, I'm just gonna end it here now. Once again, thank you everyone for coming. Have fun."

She watched as her fiancé left the platform and got blocked by every single person that he would pass by at the crowd.

Lisa chuckled as he struggled to make his way to her. Until finally, he got to his destination.

"That's a hell of a bloody dress, Miss Sin." Jungkook said the moment he was in front of her.

She grinned. "Well you wanted me to surprise you, right? So? Did I surprised you, Mr. Jeon?"

Jungkook stared at her intently. "You fúcking took my breath away with your new look, Miss Sin."

"Yeah, I noticed." she said before looking around. "But what if I got banned here, though? This is supposed to be an all-black party, right?"

"Don't worry, Sin. I already told my employees that one woman would be breaking the dress code." he assured her.

Lisa tilted her head. "Are you sure that I'm the only woman gonna be breaking the dress code tonight, Jeon?"

Jungkook chuckled once he gets her point. He tried to suppress his smile as he shook his head. "Yes, Sin. I assure you, you're the only one."

Lisa pressed her lips. "Good."

He offered her his hand. "Shall we?"

She stared at his palm. "Are you sure you want to be with me tonight? People would start spreading rumors."

Jungkook didn't seem to have heard her nor cared about what she said. Instead, he took her hand and wrapped it around his arm.

"I made it a masquerade theme for a reason, Sin. Because I know that you don't want the public to know that you're back. And if they're going to spread rumors about me and a mysterious masked lady, let them. I won't give a damn about it."

The two of them started making their way to the big crowd. With every person that they would pass by looking at them.

Lisa moved her eyes from left to right before speaking in a low tone that only the two of them could hear. "How do you make them not look at us?" she whispered.

Jungkook slightly tilts his head closer to her. "The only thing that could make them stop looking at us is if we're not here."

"Oh." was all that she could say.

And before Lisa even knew it, they arrived in the middle of the dance floor.

She looked at him with wide eyes. "What are we doing here?" she asked, looking at their surroundings. Only to see other people slow dancing.

Jungkook went in front of her. "Breath, Sin. I just want to dance with you." he held her hand, pressing it lightly before placing his other hand on the back of her waist.

And because it was a backless dress, Lisa froze at the tickling sensation she felt when his fingers touched her skin. Her other hand was hanging in mid-air.

Meanwhile, Jungkook's eyebrows knitted in a frown when he felt her bare skin. "Your back is bare?"

She unconsciously nodded.

The young man stilled for a moment. But it didn't take him that long to gain back his senses. And so he took her hand that was hanging in mid-air and placed it on his chest. Pulling her closer to him afterwards.

"Relax, Sin." he muttered as he felt how tense she was.

Lisa took a deep breath before obliging.

And with that, Jungkook started taking the lead by slowly swaying their bodies according to the rhythm of the music.

To avoid having an awkward silence, Lisa decided to engage a conversation.

"So, what were you up to for the past few weeks?"

"What I always do. Work." he shortly replied.

She gave him a doubting look. "Really? Just work?"

"I don't have time for 'other' business if that's where you're going." he cleared out before twirling her around.

Lisa chuckled as she steadied herself. "But what if you got the time? Will you go?"

"No," he answered without hesitation.

She looked at him in awe. He looks so calm as he responded to her tricky question.

"I'm starting to think that you're not as bad as I thought you were, Jeon." she confessed.

"You're not so bad yourself, Sin." he exclaimed.

Her lips curved into a smile. "By the way, thanks for inviting me here. I needed this. I am so bored spending the whole day doing nothing in the mansion for the past few weeks."

"You're welcome," he replied. "How was it seeing your brothers again?"

"Oh, it was so amazing!" she answered. "I felt so happy being with my oppas again. They would visit me and my mother every day in the mansion." she sighed in contentment. "God, it feels surreal." 

He unknowingly smiled at how happy she was. Her eyes were so beautiful as they glistened with happiness. And her smile. He has never seen her smile so brightly. If only he had known that her family was the only thing that could make her smile like this, he would have already dragged her back to Korea in the first place.

And while deeply staring at her, his mouth opened on its own. "I take it back." he blurted out of nowhere.

Lisa looked at him, bewildered. "Take what back?"

Jungkook hovered to her ear. "Never wear red in public again," he whispered.

She chuckled. "Seriously?"

"Now that I know how much dangerous you are in red, I see to it that I am the only one allowed to see you in it."

Lisa gave him a challenging grin. "But you don't own me, Jeon."

He grinned too. "We'll see about that, Sin."

Jungkook slowly loosen his hold on her and bowed as the music ended. "Let's go." he grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the dance floor.

"Where are we going?" she asked when she saw that they were heading to the elevator.

He just stayed silent until they rode the elevator.

"Penthouse," she said when she saw him press the button to the highest floor. "why am I not surprised?" she mumbled.

"Are you trying to solo me, Jeon?" she asked with one eyebrow raised.

"With that bloody dress of yours, I intend to keep you by my side the whole night. So don't be surprised anymore."

"What are we gonna do there?" she asked out of curiosity.

He turns to her with a grin. "Patience, Sin."

She rolled her eyes. "This better be good, Jeon."

The elevator doors opened and Jungkook lent out his hand. "Trust me."

Without a freaking choice, Lisa accepted his hand and let him lead her inside the penthouse.

"Nice place," she can't help but compliment as she roams her eyes. "is this where you live?" she asked before going towards the floor-to-ceiling glass windows.

Lisa stared at the view below her. Mesmerized by the city lights. "Wow..." she uttered in awe.

"Who knew that city lights could amaze you so much?" she heard Kook's voice from behind. Making her turn her head over her shoulder.

She saw him taking off his mask. "And to answer your question, no. I don't live here. I just booked it for tonight."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Why?"

Jungkook went to get the bottle of champagne and two drinking glasses on a table near him. "Because we're celebrating."

"Celebrating what?" she asked like an innocent child. "You already have so many guests down there in the venue celebrating your company's anniversary."

He handed her one of the drinking glasses and poured champagne on it. "We're celebrating something else, Sin."

Lisa also removed her mask. "Mind telling me what is it that we're celebrating, then?" she asked before throwing her mask to the couch on her side.

Jungkook put the bottle down after pouring champagne on his glass. "To better future?" he answered, uncertain.

Even though she thinks that it's weird, Lisa still raised her glass while slightly shaking her head. "To better future."

He has a mysterious smile on his lips as he clinks their glasses together. "To better future."

They both drank their champagne at the same time.

"I found out that my father put a man in jail 10 years ago." she began talking after a few moments of silence. "But that man managed to escape. And now he wants to take revenge by arranging me to his son."

"Will you let him?" Jungkook questioned.

A tired sigh escaped her lips. "Of course not. But I'm just afraid of what he'll do to my family once I don't do what he says." she captured her lower lip nervously. "I know what he's capable of. He's dangerous, Jeon. I know that I can handle him but," she paused. "I'm more concerned about my family than myself. I just don't want them to get hurt because of my decisions."

"It's okay to be afraid sometimes, you know?" he said to cheer her up. "But don't let it eat you up so bad. Because being afraid often leads to wrong decisions. So in order for you to fix your family's mess, you have to be strong enough to face your fears."

That somehow made her feel better.

She gave him a small smile. "Has anyone ever told you that you're so good at giving advices?"

He shrugged. "Just you, I guess." he then snatched her glass and placed their glasses on the table.

"O—kay," Lisa chuckles. "I really feel like you didn't bring me here just to make a toast for the future." she faced him with one eyebrow raised. "So? What is it?"

Jungkook drew in a very long deep breath. "I don't even know why but I'm starting to get fúcking nervous."

She frowned at that. "What? Why?"

Once again, he took a deep breath. And after a few moments, he suddenly pulled out something from his coat.

Her frown only worsened. "What's that?"

He cleared his throat and finally showed her the object that he never thought he would give to a woman someday.

Lisa's big doe eyes went large when she saw that it was a small black velvet box. And Jungkook decided to make it worse by opening it.

She suddenly couldn't breathe.

It's a fúcking engagement ring.

"I know that we're still gonna get married even if I don't propose to you but," Jungkook told her when she remained silent. "I just want you to experience being proposed on. Also, I want you to experience having a grand wedding even though our marriage is just an arrangement to unite our families."

Lisa covered her mouth with her palm.

She was beyond surprised and speechless. No words dared to come out of her mouth. She doesn't know what to feel.

She was so moved and touched by his sudden gesture. She never thought that Jungkook was capable of doing sweet things like this.

Until finally, after processing what's happening, she started chuckling like a crazy woman. "I honestly don't know what to say." was her first words. "This is so sudden and—" she quickly stops rambling when she realizes something. "Wait. Aren't you supposed to be down on your knee?"

Jungkook sneered at her question. "Oh no, Sin. I don't kneel. That's not my forte."

Lisa folded her arms. Her bubbly expression was now replaced with her bítch face.

"Then find another woman who would accept that diamond ring. 'Cause I'm not accepting that unless you kneel, Jeon."

Hearing her statement made him stilled.

He could do any cheesy-ass things. Anything! But not kneeling! He's freaking Jeon Jungkook for fúck's sake!

Lisa tilted her head. "Would kneeling in front of a woman bruise your ego so much, Jeon?"

Yes, it would fúcking do. Jungkook thought to himself.

But in the end, he decided to forget about his Goddamn ego and slowly bent down on his knee.

"Marry me, Sin?" he asked once he was finally kneeling on the floor.

Lisa smiled widely. "If you insist."

Jungkook rolled his eyes at the back of his mind.

The things that he would do just for this woman.

° ° °

After an hour, the two went back down to the venue.

But as soon as they arrived, Yugyeom immediately came to their side.

"Sir, Mr. Hwang wants to see you." Yugyeom muttered in a low tone, but Lisa was still able to hear him.

"Is it urgent?" Jungkook asked, not wanting to leave Lisa all by herself.

"It's alright, Jeon. I'll be fine. Go and do your business thing." she said to her fiancé.

"But, Sin—"

"Jeon, I'm not a little girl. I won't get lost." she cut him off.

Jungkook heavies a sigh. "Okay," he said in defeat. "I'll be back in a minute." he informed her and she just nodded understandingly. And with that, Jungkook left together with his assistant.

Not wanting to look like a loner, Lisa decided to go by the champagne table near her.

She took one champagne glass before taking a sip.

"May I have a dance with you?"

Lisa almost spit out the champagne in her mouth when someone suddenly spoke behind her. She turns around to face him.

Much to her surprise, the man was so tall. Even taller than her Namjoon oppa. She lifted her gaze to look at his face. But to no avail, the man was also wearing a mask just like any other guests out there.

"Uhm," she looked at her surroundings. "are you talking to me?"

The man nodded. "Yes."

She stared at him. Not sure whether she should continue talking to him or just leave.

"I know that it's sudden. But please trust me, I'm not a bad guy. I won't do anything to you. I just simply want to dance with you because I saw that you're alone." he explained. And she noticed that he has a funny accent. His hangul wasn't fluent.

She continued observing him.

There are so many women out there that's alone, but of all people why me? Was the question that popped in Lisa's mind.

Well, you can't blame her. Being in a mafia family made her think that everyone around her could be their enemy. That's why she's always suspicious and cautious when it comes to strangers.

"Forgive me for asking," she said in a nice way. "but what is your name?"

The man looked down on her. Making their gazes meet. Her big doe eyes locked with his brown ones.

Lisa stared at his eyes in awe. They were so soft.

"Kun," he answered. "just call me Kun."

She slightly shook her head. "Oh, uhm. Well, Kun, I don't want to be rude or anything but—"

"What's so harmful about dancing?" he cut her off.

That made her silent.

He's right. It's just dancing. It's not like he's gonna stab her on the dance floor in front of so many people. What's the worst thing that can happen?

So without even her knowing, she found herself accepting his offer. "Sure. Let's dance."

After putting back the glass of champagne on the table, she let him lead the way to the dance floor.

Lisa wasn't even sure why she agreed to dance with him. Maybe because he doesn't look like the kind of man who would do evil things to her? Or maybe because his eyes were just so pure and captivating?

After arriving on the dance floor, they both faced each other and went on slow dancing.

Feeling him touch her on the back of her waist was uncomfortable at first. But slowly she started getting used to his touch.

"So how come a beautiful lady like you was standing alone next to the champagne table?" Kun suddenly asks.

One of her eyebrows raised. "And what makes you think that I'm beautiful? You haven't even seen my face."

Kun tilted his head as if examining her masked face. "Why, are you not? I'm pretty sure my gut tells me that there's a goddess behind that mask."

The corner of her lip quirked up. "How sure are you that it's a goddess' face and not a monster's?"

He took in a sharp breath. "Just—because."

"Uh-huh, if you say so." she thought of a question to ask him. "So, Kun. Aren't you gonna ask for my name?"

She already expected him to say 'yes' but surprisingly, Kun shook his head. "Now is not the right time."

Her eyebrows snapped together. "Really? Then when?"

"Soon," he uttered. "Very soon."

Lisa forced a smile. Okay, not creepy at all.

"Soon? Are you saying that we're going to meet again?" she asked.

"Why? Is there something wrong if we see each other again?" he asked back.

She squinted her eyes at him. "Don't answer my question with another question."

Kun gave her a warm smile. "You'll have your answers soon."

He slowly let go of her when the music ended. After bowing, he held her hand and planted a soft kiss on the back of her palm.

"See you soon, Xiao Li."

Lisa was not quick to process what was happening. And before she even knew it, Kun was gone. Leaving her standing there on the dance floor.

She looked over to her left and right to find him. But there was no sign of a tall masked guy. It was as if he vanished through thin air.

And wait a second. Xiao Li? That doesn't sound Korean at all. It 'kinda sounded more like... Mandarin?

Lisa almost jolted in her place when someone suddenly placed a coat on her shoulders.

She turns her head sideways to glance at the suspect. Sighing in relief afterwards when she saw that it was Jeon who put his coat on her.

Jungkook frowned when he saw her troubled face. "You okay, Sin?"

Lisa took a deep breath. "Yeah, I was just startled."

"Are you sure?" he asked one last time.

She nodded and gave him a reassuring smile. "I just want to go home."

Hearing this, Jungkook immediately gestured Yugyeom to come near them. Once his assistant arrived in their spot, Jungkook ordered.

"Get the car ready. We're driving Lisa home."

She immediately shook her head and objected. "No, Jeon. You don't have to. I can just hail a cab or call Jimin—"

"I'm driving you home, Sin." her fiancé said with finality. "Don't argue with me anymore."

"You need to stay here to entertain your other guests, Jeon." she protested. "Stop arguing and just stay here, okay?"

Jungkook poked the inside of his cheek using his tongue. "Okay. But Yugyeom will drive you home."

Yugyeom—who has been silently watching the both of them take turns on talking, looked at his boss in awe when he admitted defeat.

Lisa exaggeratedly rolled her eyes. "Okay."

That being said, the three of them left the venue and went out of the building. With Yugyeom rushing to get the car in the parking area.

As they wait for Yugyeom to get the car, they both faced each other.

Lisa reached out for his tie and started fixing it. "Again, thank you for inviting me here. I almost went nuts on the mansion with so much boredom."

"But you're already leaving." he pointed out.

She smiled before leaning towards his ear. "Fun fact about your future wife," she drawls. "I don't like fancy parties." she whispered before moving away from him.

"I'm glad that you're starting to embrace the fact that we're going to marry each other." Jungkook exclaimed before shoving his hands in his pockets.

"With you pampering me so much," she raised her left hand to emphasize her ring. "how can I not embrace the fact that you're my future husband?"

Jungkook chuckled. "Well, at least now you know that it's for your own sake why I wanted us to get married so bad." 

She shot him a glare. "Still wouldn't change the fact that you wanted to murder my ex-boss."

He shrugged. "But I didn't."

When the car finally arrived, Jungkook went to the backseat's side and opened the car door for her.

"Take care on your way home, Sin."

She gently grabbed his tie and gave him a soft kiss near his lips, catching him off guard.

"Good night, Jeon."

° ° °

✍🏻

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

GAHHHHHH, more than 6000+ words! 

Lisa's gown👇🏻(I wasn't able to crop it, sorry)

Lisa's engagement ring👇🏻

Please, please, please, don't forget to vote and comment!

I love you all so much, mwaa💜

𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙤𝙤𝙣.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.2K 2.3K 23
There are two Kingdoms, the Big Hit Kingdom, and the YG Kingdom. The King of YG has received a note, but what is written frightens him. He decides to...
78.7K 4.2K 14
πŸŽ₯πŸ‘»πŸͺ¦ ⁀ ✷ β•± κ’·κ’¦ πš„π™½π™²π™Ύπš…π™΄πšπ™Έπ™½π™Ά 𝙰 π™Όπš„πšπ™³π™΄πš πš†π™°πš‚ π™³π™΄π™΅π™Έπ™½π™Έπšƒπ™΄π™»πšˆ π™½π™Ύπšƒ 𝙾𝙽 πšƒπ™·π™΄π™Έπš 𝙱𝙸𝙽𝙢𝙾 π™²π™°πšπ™³ 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄...
21.4K 858 44
(NEEDS EDITING) Twins tragically born as kangs. From a very early age they faced trials and tribulations from a young age. Their journey takes an une...
37K 1.1K 31
Blackpink x BTS fanfic A group of teenagers who have grown up on the same block. They've known each other for years, ever since they were children, a...