Contradicting Twins Love {EDI...

By MabelOsagiede

Meet Thelma Logan and Theresa Logan. They are twenty-five years old identical twins with different personalit... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Fun-filled Chapter
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Epilogue
Dear Readers ❤️
It's Out😊💃💃
Instagram Handle

Chapter 60

218 64 20
By MabelOsagiede

Halfway through Theresa's movie, there was a ding dong! Theresa made her way to the door of her mansion. She flung it open and four police officers walked in.

"Good afternoon! Are you Theresa Logan?"

"Yes, I am!" she replied. Alex walked up to her. He nodded his head in acknowledgement. "What's wrong?" she directed her question to him.

"We have found Don Smith!" One of the officers replied.

"Theresa, who is at the door?" Thelma's voice rang.

"Hmm..."

Thelma strolled towards them. She froze when she saw Alex and her heart thrummed.

"So,...um...Where is Don? Is he in the hospital?" Theresa quizzed.

"He is..."

Alex cut the police officer short curtly, "I'll handle this!"

The officer nodded with a wan expression.

"Alex, what's wrong?" Theresa narrowed her eyes at him.

"Don Smith is...is...um" he took a deep breathe. "He's dead".

Theresa laughed and smiled, "You're joking, right?"

"I am sorry but he is right! Don Smith is dead!" the police officer confirmed.

"That can't be possible!" Theresa snapped. "Are you sure that it's Don Smith?"

"Yes!" Alex replied.

"I must see his body before I believe that rubbish you guys are saying. I want to see him with my eyes!"

"Um..." Alex looked at the police officer. He nodded at him. Alex's gaze went to Theresa. "Okay! You can come with us!"

"Give me three minutes to get dressed!" Theresa gestured at her pink short and white tank top. "Just three minutes!"

"Are you coming?" Alex asked Thelma.

"No way! NO! I don't want to see any dead body! No way!" Thelma waved her hands in the air and grimaced.

Theresa and Alex got into the police officer's car and they were off.

They got to the police station and when Theresa saw Don's body, she froze. He was shot at the chest close to his heart. Dried blood filled his body and painted his shirt. His eyes were shut and his hair was messy with dried leaves sticking out of it.

"Don!" Theresa whispered. She blinked her eyes and it became watery.

"Theresa," Alex placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm fine! I'm just sad because we are friends. I mean, losing a friend? That sucks and...hurts!" she stared at Don. "Let's go! I guess you were right! He is actually dead!"

They left the police station and walked down the pavement. Theresa was silent and this made Alex worried.

"What?" she snapped and rolled her eyes.

"You were Don's friend?"

"Yeah!"

"And you are not crying?"

"I have my room, mister! I can cry there! Leave me alone!" she snorted. "Beside did they catch the culprit? I hope those gangsters are in prison?"

"Yes! They caught them!"

"Really?"

"They shot you! You almost died! There is no way I will let them get away with that! Never!" Alex yelled and furrowed his brows.

"Good!" she smirked.

"You want something? Are you hungry?" He asked and pointed at a fast food restaurant beside them.

Theresa stared at it. She shrugged and replied, "All I need now is ice cream! I'm grieving!"

They sauntered to the place and Alex opened the door for her. She nodded and walked in.

They settled at a booth close to the window. Alex scanned the menu. He quirked a brow and asked, "What are you ordering?"

"Ice cream! Duh!"

"Hey, you don't have to be rude!" he glowered.

"You were asking me a silly question!"

"Was I?"

"Yes!"

"I wasn't!" he declared.

"Ugh! What are you ordering?"

He smirked and replied, "None of your business!"

Alex ordered one hamburger and a bottle of cola. Theresa went with her ice cream.

She placed the big cup at her front and stuffed her face with it. She sniffed and rubbed her eyes. "I'm not going to cry!" she whispered.

"Why not?"

"Why would I cry in front of you? I don't want you to mock me!"

His eyes softened and he whispered, "I won't! I promise!"

Her bloodshot eyes bored into his. She suck in some air and sighed. She took one spoonful of the ice cream and placed it in her mouth.

"Argh!" Theresa screamed. "Brain freeze"

"This is the punishment you get for rushing ice cream!" Alex scolded.

Theresa sighed and stared at the red, white and blueberry ice cream. She felt a warm hand on hers. She raised her head and saw that Alex had placed his hand. She looked at his face. He had a calm expression. When he squeezed her hand tenderly, Theresa could tell her body was burning up. His warmth whirled from her hand into her body. Her heart lurched and tears simmered in her eyes.

"Death sucks!" Theresa mumbled. "I feel so hurt. He was just a young man. How could they have done this to him?"

Alex used his thumb to rub circle on her hand. She sighed and shrugged.

"Did you know that Don was a mafia?" Alex asked.

"Err..."

"Well, he is! The police officers found out! He is also a murderer!" Alex grimaced. "That's why I can't feel pity for him".

"Hey," she snatched her hand from his. "He was doing his best to change. I'm serious. Don was willing to change".

"There is nothing I can say about that!" Alex heaved a sigh.

"I know!" Theresa looked around. "When you are done eating, can we board a taxi? I need to go home"

"And cry?"

"That's none of your business!" she hissed and crossed her arms over her chest.

Alex and Theresa got into a taxi and they headed back to her mansion. When Thelma was told that Don was dead, she cried. Theresa trudged to her room. She sprawled on her bed and heaved a sigh.

It hurt! She was hurt! She felt like her heart was stabbed and it ached. Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream. It rolled down her cheek, leaving a mark like the trace of a slug on a leaf. She forced her face on the pillow and screamed.

"Rest in peace, my friend! I'll miss you!" she exhaled. Memories of Don and scenories were created in her mind and her tears continued.

The next day, they had the funeral. Theresa didn't know how it happened but she found herself crying on Alex. Her tears soaked his suit as she wrapped her arms around his waist. His large hand rubbed her back and he said soothing words to calm her down. They had left the cemetery and were in the backyard of Thelma and Theresa's mansion.

"Hey, Theresa!" Kelvin called. He made his way to them. Theresa quickly pulled away from Alex.

She wiped her cheek. "Yeah?"

"Someone wants to see you!"

"Me?"

"Yes! He is a lawyer" Kelvin's gaze moved to Alex and he smirked. "I saw you guys hug but don't worry, I won't say anything!"

"It's not what it looks like" she glared at him. "I'll go and meet the lawyer."

She left and got to the living room. A tall man on suit stood beside the couch. His stern look dropped on Theresa.

"You wanted to see me? Who are you?"

His face hardened, "I'm Roland Still, a lawyer. Don had told me to prepare his will that if he dies, I should inform you about it"

"Oh!" Theresa whispered and pursed her lip.

"Here is a copy of his will" he stretched a file to her direction. Theresa strode and took it from him. She read it and a pained smile graced her face. "He wants all his wealth and properties to be donated to charity and orphanage. According to him, he wants to help all orphans".

"Ah! He wanted to really change. Why didn't life give him a chance?"

The man sent an indifferent look at her.

"If this is his wish, then I will do my best to make that happen. I will achieve his dream of helping the world. You can count on me!" Theresa nodded and stared with determination written in her brown eyes.

"So when do you plan of doing that?" he asked.

"Soon!"

"I shall take my leave then!"

"Thank you!"

He nodded and walked out of the house. Theresa pursed her lip and stared at the document.

**************************

After some days had gone by, Thelma gathered her courage and went to visit Alex. He had relocated back to his mansion at his own estate in New York. She stared at the big building in front of her. All the newest features were built into the house with no room for the old ways. The house looked like a cut out from a magazine. Thelma could guess he spent billions to build it. The house had a rigorous security system. Luckily for Thelma, she had called Alex to inform him that she was coming over.

She padded on the cobblestone pathway to the main door of the building. She wanted answers. She had seen the tender look Alex had sent to Theresa during the funeral. She also spotted them hugging. Something told her that there was a chance Alex could be falling for Theresa. She didn't want to believe that.

She rung the doorbell. But what if he actually loves her? She would have to let him go, Thelma thought. The door opened and an old man stomped out. He was Alex's Butler.

"Good morning!" he greeted. "Are you Thelma Logan?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Mr. Roger is expecting you! Come with me!" he gestured into the house and walked in.

"Okay!" she smiled and followed him. He took her to a large gym in the mansion. Alex was doing some push-ups.

"Mr. Roger, Thelma Logan is here" the Butler announced.

"Thank you! You can go!"

He rose to his full-height. Thelma's mouth dropped. He was shirtless. His tight abs gleamed under his wet body. Sweats ran down his forehead and his wet black hair fell to his side. He smiled and his white straight teeth were revealed.

"Hey," he exclaimed.

Thelma could see all her courage wash away. Her hands were clammy and she unconsciously let out a high-pitched laughter.

"Are you okay?" he tilted his head to the side and arched a brow.

"Never been better!" she yelled in a high-pitched voice.

What am I going to do? I am freaking out!

    ~~~Author's name~~~

What do you think of this chapter? Did you enjoy it?

Who felt sad about Don's death?

When Theresa cried, were you sad?

Thanks for reading. Pls don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!!! Love y'all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 348 28
This is a story about a boy named Logan, it's also a story about a shoe and a book. Everyone knows the tale of Cinderella, but nobody knows where it...
5.1K 554 23
*** Featured on StoruesUndiscovered *** A bittersweet story about a lover who never stayed and a love that never ended. Disclaimer- This is a work...
47.3K 1.3K 71
Logan had everything he could ever want: a vast fortune, luxury cars, and a private jet to whisk him away to any destination he desired. But his hear...
1.2K 112 11
Status: Complete Beautiful and passionate boss lady as I'm, I never thought one's love will make me frail. It wasn't a love at first sight as they sa...