Save Me

By sundaygt

I feel his dirty hands touch me once more and move up higher to my thighs. I try to jerk them away but he loc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
SEQUEL
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Announcemnts

Chapter 22

6.8K 173 43
By sundaygt

I look around only to find out that I'm alone on a deserted road in the middle of nowhere. The darkness seems endless and the stars are the only light that allows me to see my surroundings. I must be in a forest given the fact that the only sound I'm able to hear is the eerie moan of the wind as it passes through the branches of the trees.

Suddenly, I hear the sound of something crashing loudly and when I turn to its origin I see that a car is crashed into a tree.

My parent's car

I run toward it and try to see if they are inside. My dad's head is leaned down and my mother's is full of blood. Her eyes are shut and I see as her blood runs from the corner of her mouth and sticks to her shirt. I try to jerk away the car-door in order to get to her but it's stuck. I keep fighting non-stop as tears fill my eyes and sobs possess my body.

"MUM! DAD!" I keep yelling from the top of my lugs in a failed attempt to make them wake up. I can't lose them again. I want them. I need them.

I turn around looking for any living creature that can help me; darkness covers everything. I glance at my parents but there are no longer there.

I sit up shuddering and crying. My pillow is wet due to the tears and my whole body is aching. The only sounds in my dark room is my thunder pulse and my blood running through my veins. My hands are shaking and I put them together on my lap to stop the trembling.

I close my eyes and focus on my breathing for a while until I feel at least a bit calm.

I head to the bathroom to throw water to my face and stop the pain that hurt my eyes from the previous cry.

I open the door rubbing my eyes but I stop immediately in my tracks once the door is wide open and I take in the image in front of me.

Cyle is standing next to the window examinating his hands that are covered in blood. His clothes are dirty with sweat and red fluid and there is a big scratch on his upper arm. Jacob is standing in front of the mirror looking for something. He leans down the faucet and when he does, I see him.

He's shirtless and I gasp when I really look at him. His whole belly and stomach are covered in bruises. His hands are bloody and in much worst condition than Cyle's. He has a cut near his eye and there's lots of blood on his face.

Jacob sensing my presence turns to the door and when our eyes meet, I panic.

"S-sorry," I mumble looking at the floor and try to shut the door quickly but he stops me.

"No wait!" he says and opens the door again.

"Uhm...you want to be a doctor right?" he asks and when I nod unable to speak, he continues.

"So, you know how to deal with this..." he murmurs pointing at the boys behind him.

"I do," I whisper looking at Cyle and Corbyn who stares back at me with eyes full of rage and exhaustion. It tugs painfully at my heart to look at him that way, to know that he feels that way about me.

"Can you..uhm...maybe help a bit?" Jacob asks and my eyes dart to his. I look at him debating this, not knowing what to do. Do I really want to get involved in something like this now that things are super weird and complicated with Corbyn?

"Please?" he mutters and Corbyn rolls his eyes. The almost desperation in his voice makes me nod and I get into the room. Jacob shuts the door and moves to Cyle.

"We know how to deal with the blood in the hands. But what worries me is this," he states indicating to Cyle's upper arm. He seems tired though his temper helps him hide it. I try to focus on seeing how deep the cut is despite the blood that is above it.

"You need to clear it first from all the blood to know how deep the wound is but I don't think it's dangerously deep as it is. You need to clear it up with alcohol to avoid any infections. Though when you clear it up to you must be very careful not to open up it any further. But I think you already know that..." I say remembering the night when I saw Corbyn hurt in the living room. That night it's still a mystery to me and maybe always be.

"How are you propose to do that?"

"Since it's small, you can use a cotton swab and after dipping it in the alcohol you can clear the outside of it slowly,"

"Okay, and what about this idiot?" Jacob says turning to Corbyn who shoots him a killing glare.

"Jacob, you don't want to fucking start this shit right now!"

"I'm trying to help,"

"Doesn't fucking look like it!". I peer at Corbyn trying to examine from distance his state. I turn to Jacob abruptly realizing that he has not a single scratch on him.

"You are not hurt," I mutter and I don't understand myself if I'm asking or stating.

"I went later-"

"He came after the fight went down so..." Cyle completes and Corbyn shouts.

"Cyle shut the hell up!"

"What's your damn problem? She has already seen us! She is not stupid...how else would we end up like this?" Cyle roars back furiously standing up as Coryn walks to him challenging him. Jacob gets in the way and stands between them.

"Do you really think at this hour, in the state, it's the right time to fight each other?"

They both start talking at the same time glaring angrily at each other's eyes and Jacob cries to be heard above their voices.

"It was rhetorical! You know what?" grabbing Cyle from his left arm, he begins dragging his out of the bathroom.

"I'm going to clean him up downstairs. Can you stay here and help Corbyn?"

"I can do it myself," Corbyn snaps.

"Sure," Jacob mumbles sarcastically and looks back at me.

"Please,"

I stare at him for a few seconds in total confusion and panic. I don't know if I want to stay in the same room with Corbyn right now...alone and touch him as I clear up his wounds. But the words are out of my mouth before I realize it myself.

"S-sure," I whisper.

"Thanks," and just like that, they get out leaving me alone with Corbyn.

The faucet turns to pink due to blood. Corbyn washes his hands as cold water runs through his bloody hands clearing them. I flinch as he does it. It must hurt muchly to brush them so quickly and abruptly.

He keeps clearing up his hands as I stare at his reflection in the mirror. A frown is plastered on his beautiful face and he seems lost in what he's doing. I look down and see the bruises that cover up his body. In other cases, I would be daydreaming or admiring him but now all my thoughts are consumed by possible scenarios. Maybe he has broken a rib or...or it could be internal bleeding! My eyes widen as fear takes over my body. I don't realize it myself that I move off the wall and walk next to him watching his bruises on the mirror with widening eyes.

If it's indeed internal bleeding that would mean that-

My thoughts are lost when I look at him and see that his arctic blue eyes are in mine. My lips immediately part and his are moving.

"What?" I whisper and scowl at myself at my weak whining voice.

"Enjoying the view?" He asks looking at me through the mirror with a frown indicating that he's angry and annoyed.

"No," I snap getting tempered at his attitude. I don't enjoy seeing him like this.

"Sure you don't. You know I can take care of myself alone, I don't need you for anything."

I hear as my heart breaks listening to his cold and distant tone. He acts as if he hates me, like I'm the last person on the planet he would want to be with right now. And it hurts; a lot.

"What are you looking for?" he asks rolling his eyes.

"Hydrogen peroxide,"

"Oh my God, you're so fucking stubborn. I told you it is next to the faucet!" he says raising his voice and I inhale trying to calm down. He's maddening, it's like he has made a bet about how fast he can drive me insane.

"Fine, I'll bite," I exclaim exasperatingly turning to him. "This one is ethanol but I want hydrogen peroxide."

"What's the fucking difference?"

"The one I want contains less amount of alcohol which means it will hurt a lot less,"

"This is what I've waiting for? Get the fucking ethanol and let's get it over with!" he shouts rolling his eyes.

"Why do you care if I will feel pain anyway?" he asks after a few seconds of silence.

Because I can't bear the thought let alone the image of seeing you getting hurt especially when I'm the one causing this.

I don't answer but I find the hydrogen peroxide saving me from having to offer him a reply. I walk to him and after putting a little in cotton, I start cleaning up his wound.

We're so close that I can easily feel his breath on my skin. My cheeks feel like they are on fire and I don't want to know how red I must look right now.

My eyes are focusing on the wound and from the corner of my eyes, I see his. He's looking at everything else in the bathroom except me. I feel my heart bleeding about it but I don't think I could do anything if he was staring at me this close.

Suddenly I see something shine and frown. I lean down and closer avoiding my heart which beats crazily fast making me hear my beat increasing at any second and inch I move closer to him.

"Do you have your cell?" I inquire him as I keep looking at his wound that shines in some small parts.

"Why?"

"Can you give it to me?" After rolling his eyes, he hands it to me and I turn on the light and look closer for a few seconds. And when I realize what it is, I gasp and take a step back staring at him in shock.

He frows at my reaction.

"What? What is it?" he asks but my brain is still trying to figure out how is that possible.

"Tell me!" he yells startling me.

"Did-Did someone broke a bottle at your head?" I mutter softly and see as his facial features harden more. My heart is racing rapidly and my stomach flips. My legs feel like they are melting but I can't do a single thing but stare at my angry angel.

"Why?"

"There are little pieces of the glass inside your wound. It needs to be cleared out before it heals. Otherwise, they will stay in there and I don't know how many infections it might cause you," He moves to the mirror and looks at his wound.

"I don't fucking see anything." he exclaims turning to me and I decide to ignore his arrogant attitude once more.

"Because there are very small. You need to go to the hospital."

"No fucking way," he states with raised eyebrows.

"Corbyn you have to," I fight back trying to persuade him to go.

"Do it," he proposes instead and all the oxygen of the room disappears at once.

"I can't."

"Why not?" he asks with a frown of irritation.

"Because I don't have the special equipment to take them out and I might infect you. I might give you a permanent scare or something,"

"There's no way in hell I'm going to the hospital. Either you take them out now or they stay there. Your call."

My heart is racing so fast that I can feel its pulse on my fingertips. I don't want to hurt him or leave a scare on his beautiful face. It's dangerous and I don't trust myself.

"Corbyn-"

Before I can complete my sentence, he comes closer to me making me stop breathing and talking at the same time. He leans down a little so our eyes are at the exact same height and we can see right through each other's eyes.

My mouth is dry and I feel like the time has stretched. Seconds feel like hours as he keeps staring back at me reminding me how things were before I brought up the relationship thing. Sometimes, I hate myself for telling him about this but I had to know his intentions even though it hurt to do so.

"I saved you," he says and my heart aches at the mention of that terrible night. "And you can't even do this?"

"It's not like-" I start reasoning but he grabs my chin and brings me closer to him. My eyes widen and shock possesses me. What is he doing?

"I'm not going. Do it,"

I take a deep breath again trying to ease my nerves. My hand is shaking as I bring it close to the wound. This time instead of looking around me, he looks directly at me. From the corner of my eye, I can see his eyes staring at me, increasing my anxiety and making it even hard not to just concentrate but breathe properly too.

In the whole process, I try to be as gentle as possible. Trying to get out a small piece, I push a little more, causing him to flinch.

"Sorry," I immediately whisper feeling terrible I caused him the least pain. He didn't say anything though and kept looking at me.

Out of a sudden, I feel the room moving and I lose my balance. Corbyn's hands move quickly and grab my waist putting me in place. When I see his face, his eyes are narrowed and his eyebrows are connected as if he tries to study me.

"You good?" he asks and I feel a ping of pain when he pops the question. He sounds like he cares; I wish he did.

"Yeah, just felt a little dizzy," I admit trying to take his attention off of it. I know exactly why I felt like that but there's no way I will tell him.

"Stop biting your lip," he murmurs after a few silent minutes and for the first time today, I turned and look directly at him.

"What?"

"Nothing," he snaps almost angrily and I got the feeling he didn't mean to say that at loud. Although I'm pretty sure he didn't say those words. My mind must be playing sick games with me.

When I'm almost done getting out the last piece of glass, I feel his hand on my mouth. In a split of a second, I move back staring shocked at him.

"What are you doing?"

"I fucking told you to stop biting your lip!" he roars and I blink.

"I didn't do it purposely! I do it when I concentrate! And why do you care? It didn't feel even at least nice to kiss me, did it? Then why do you suddenly care?" He keeps staring at me furiously without saying a word.

"Are you done?"

"No," I cry and take a step closer to him to get the last piece out.

I start to feel a little guilty for shouting at him like that. He just got into a fight, he's bleeding and almost got into a fight with Cyle and now I'm shouting at him?

When I turn to clear his wound after taking out all the pieces, I see that his eyes are locked in mine in that way that makes me want to get lost in him and never recover.

Just when I'm about to bring my hand to his face, I felt his fingers in my cheeks. This time, I didn't step back and let my skin tingle under his delicate touch.

He pushes a strand of my hair to the side as he leans up. Our eyes disconnect as we both look at each other's lips. Just when I feel the light touch of his lips on mine, a whisper is out of my lips.

"Corbyn," I hear the door and I turn around abruptly. Jacob gets inside and I look at him with wide eyes.

"Cyle just left, are you guys done?"

"Yes," I say once he finishes his sentence.

"Uhm...just put this on the wound and push it lightly to stop the bleeding," I mutter in one breath and hurry to the door without looking at any of them.

"Goodnight" I mumble and shut the door behind me as quickly as I can. I rest my back at the door as I close my eyes letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Is everything alright?" I hear Jacob ask and my eyes open waiting to hear Corby's voice.

"Yeah...why wouldn't it be?"

His tone is distant and cold. He acts this way as if he doesn't care about me and dislikes the most and there I was, letting my guards down. His last words at me come back to mind 'I get what I want and that's it'. He hurt me and earlier I was almost giving him what he wanted, risking to get hurt all over again. I don't like his control over me because when he's around me, I simply lose it and he takes over threatening to hurt me as much as he wants. And I let him...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.1K 3.2K 28
"Anyways, without further ado, are you in or are you out." "Are you joking?" "It's left to you babe." "You're kidding." I affirm, throwing my hand...
131K 3.2K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
1.3M 13K 15
"Mine." His low growl of possession took my heart and the fate of my panties. They were soaked through with arousal. Damn it. I stroked his face as h...
1.2M 24.8K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...