Stuck With You

By Gingerassassin

What happens when two fiery souls meet? Rylee is reckless and careless. She does what she wants when she want... More

2: So... this is awkward
3: You don't exist
4: Keys snatched
5: Smoke and tires
6: Luck? Who's she?
7: Plans and an ex
8: A pool conversation... how cliche
9: Racing in the rain
10: Butterflies?! No. Just no.
11: Trains and rain
12: ...What?
13: Something is off
14: Whoa
15: What is going on?
16: A drunken night
17: Marked
18: Scars
19: Well shit
20: A shot in the dark
21: A shot in the dark- Kason's POV
22: A letter
23: An end and a beginning
Question for y'all

1: Sweethearts and Cigarettes

2.4K 64 9
By Gingerassassin

I couldn't believe it. I was stuck in a giant warehouse.

I kicked the huge, metal door. "Assholes!" I screeched, though I doubt I was heard. I raked my hands through my blonde hair in frustration. I came to this old warehouse enough times that I knew there was no way out except that door.

I came here tonight to escape the noise that was my life, when a group of boys from school found me and decided to lock me in here. I didn't reach the door fast enough. So here I was. Stuck for who knew how long.

Thankfully, fall hadn't fully set in yet, so it wouldn't be too cold for the rest of the night. Still, a warehouse wasn't exactly comfortable.

At the edge of my vision, I saw movement and I jumped, turning to face whatever was moving. It didn't take me long to realize it was the figure of a person, and I immediately began to panic. I grabbed a plank of wood laying on the ground and held it up. I was about to yell when the figure spoke.

"Don't tell me that door is closed."

Did I know that voice? He sounded young, and oddly familiar. "Why else would I yell? Of course it's closed."

The figure emerged from the shadows, and I realized why his voice was familiar. I had seen him around school a lot, but I never learned his name. He was tall, with light brown, almost blond hair, and a razor sharp jaw line.

"You can put that down, sweetheart. I'm not going to kill you."

I wrinkled my nose. "The name is Rylee, not sweetheart." I slowly set the plank down. "And what are you doing here?" I asked, eyeing the back pack slung over his shoulder.

The guy didn't answer as he approached the metal door and jerked on the handle.

I rolled my eyes. "You think I didn't try that?"

He scanned me up and down and raised an eyebrow. "You never know. Some people just aren't... smart, to put it simply."

"That's a sad attempt at an insult, dude. But nice try." I didn't know much about this guy, obviously. But there were a few things I did know. He drove an old muscle car, a loud one, and liked to think he was cool driving it around. He didn't hang with the best crowd, and he was caught smoking at school more than once. All in all, from what I'd gathered, he was nothing but trouble.

He stepped away from the door. "Why would you let this door close? It automatically locks."

"I know that. Some other kids from school thought it would be hilarious to shut me in here."

"From school? What, you go to my same school?" He asked, almost seeing surprised.

"Oh, I see. You don't recognize me because you're too cool. I forgot about that." I grumbled, turning away. "I'm going to search for a way out even though there isn't one."

"There's no use in doing that, sweetheart."

I whipped around. "That's Rylee to you, buster."

"That's Kason to you, sweetheart." A smug smirk grew on his face as he spoke.

"You said you're not going to kill me, which gives me the opportunity to kill you instead." I snapped.

Kason let out a deep laugh. "You're adorable. That was like being threatened by a puppy."

I wasn't going to deal with him. I needed to find some way out. Mostly because I didn't want to be stuck with him all night. I turned on my heel and walked away.

"Come back when you give up." Kason called after me.

What a jerk. How could someone be like that immediately after meeting someone else?

I searched the two story warehouse, looking for a way out that I knew wasn't there. The windows were all boarded up, aside from a few that were too small for me to fit through. As I searched, I wondered when my foster parents would notice I was gone. Knowing them, it would be a few days.

I was moving from foster home to foster home so much in my life, that I was finally placed with the Johnsons for all of highschool so I wouldn't have to move schools a hundred times. A more careless couple couldn't have been chosen. Not that I cared about them either.

After thoroughly searching the building, I went down to the main floor. Across the massive space, I saw Kason sitting against the door next to a small fire that he obviously built.

I didn't want to deal with him, considering how he acted within the first few seconds of meeting me. But I didn't have anything besides the clothes on my back. And that fire looked warm. So, I convinced myself to walk over.

"I'm guessing you were unsuccessful." Kason said as I approached.

"I'm guessing you don't have a phone." I retorted, seating myself on the opposite side of the fire.

"I do, but it's long dead. And you?"

"Would I be sitting here if I did?"

"I guess not." Kason leaned back against the door, eyes scanning over me. "So, Rylee, what are you doing here at this time of night?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Kason."

"I asked first. Go on."

This guy was really getting on my nerves. "I come here all the time. It's peaceful. Well, when you're not here, anyway. I was unwinding. Okay, now you."

"I was vandalizing." Kason answered with a shrug, gesturing to his bag.

I raised an eyebrow. "Like spray painting?"

"Well done, miss brains."

"Tell me, are you usually a jerk to every person you meet?"

"What can I say? It comes naturally." Kason reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a metal lighter. He pulled one out, set it between his lips and lit it.

I wrinkled my nose. "That is going to kill you early."

His eyes flicked to me. "So?" He took in a long drag, setting his head back against the door. Smoke curled out of his mouth as he glanced at me. "Want one?"

"Ew. No thank you. Smoking is disgusting and extremely bad for you. You shouldn't do it, especially so young."

Kason let out a dry laugh. "Thank you, doctor Rylee, I had no idea." He pointedly looked at me as he took in another long drag.

I rolled my eyes for the millionth time. "So, we're stuck here. Have any brilliant ideas to escape?"

"There's a security check here once a week. It's how they keep homeless people out of here, and to keep vandals from destroying the place."

"Such as you?"

Kason looked at me. "I paint, I don't destroy. There's a difference."

I let out a heavy sigh. "When do these checks happen?"

"They're random. No one knows."

"So you're saying the only way to escape is to be caught. Fantastic, I get to go to juvenile now."

Kason shrugged. "It's not so bad in there."

I glared. "Not helping."

"We're not going to be caught. When the security detail comes around, we'll hide, and then sneak out when their backs are turned. Simple as that."

I didn't completely feel comfortable with that idea. But it was better than juvenile detention. "And how will we know they're here?"

"Trust me, sweetheart, we'll know."

"You really want that cigarette shoved down your throat, don't you? Call me sweetheart one more time, and you will sorely regret it."

Kason raised an amused eyebrow, lips quirking into a smirk. "Is that so? I doubt you're capable of causing someone physical harm. And insults don't work on me, sweetheart."

I was going to wipe that smirk from his face. With a growl of annoyance, I kicked the fire, sending burning wood scattering. A piece of it hit his leg and he jerked back.

"What the hell?" He hissed.

"Don't call me sweetheart." I growled, though seeing him lose his cool just now was very satisfying.

Kason sent me a cold glare. "Alright. Just don't destroy my fire anymore."

"Good." I crossed my arms and looked away awkwardly as silence fell. I hadn't thought about the awkwardness of this situation. I was stuck with a guy I didn't know for the night, if not for longer. And do far, he was only getting on my nerves.

"So no one knows you're here?" Kason asked after a long moment.

"No. And I won't be looked for either, so that's just perfect." I muttered, picking at my nails. "What about you?"

"Same here." He put out his cigarette. "Might as well try and get some sleep. Staying up all night won't do any good."

I looked at the dirty cement floor. Who knew what was all over it. Animal droppings, rotting wood, dead insects. Nothing I wanted to sleep on. "You go ahead. I've pulled plenty of all nighters."

Kason shrugged. "Your choice." He laid back on his bag like a pillow, locking his hands behind his head. "Don't be loud."

I turned my attention to the little fire as he settled down. I wanted to look through his bag once he fell asleep, but that wasn't happening anymore. I had a feeling he had something that could help us get out of here.

I sat there for quite some time, staring at the dwindling fire and wondering why Kason wouldn't be looked for. Maybe his family didn't care, just like my fosters. Still, it was a little odd.

My eyes were growing heavy and I was beginning to nod off when I saw Kason's silver lighter on the ground beside him. I was more awake. Of course! I could burn some boards off a window. I slowly got up and crept over to him, my eyes glued on his face. He was still asleep, but he could be a light sleeper for all I knew. I slowly grabbed the lighter, watching his face carefully. Slowly I straightened and backed away.

Once I was at a safe distance, I turned and headed for the window I had in mind near the back of the warehouse. The heavy boards were nailed in place, and I decided to try and pull it apart before resorting to fire.

I tucked the lighter into my pocket and grabbed onto the bottom board. I braced my foot in the wall below it and pulled back with all my might. The board creaked, but didn't budge. I pulled again, now using both feet and all my weight. But it was going anywhere.

Instead of giving up, I pulled the lighter from my pocket and flipped it opened. I lit it, and as I bent to touch the flame to the board, my eyes caught movement through the crack between the boards.  Upon a closer look, I could see a group of figures walking outside. Yes!

"Hey! In here!" I shouted, moving the flame of the lighter around to catch their attention.

A hand suddenly came over my mouth and I was yanked away from the window. "Shut up, what are you doing?" Kason's voice hissed in my ear.

I bit his hand and he jerked away. "I'm trying to get help!"

Kason wiped his hand on his jeans in disgust. "Be quiet, I'm serious."

I ignored him and went back to the window. "Hey! We need help!"

Kason pulled me away from the window again. "Seriously, shut up." He hissed, holding a finger up and glancing at the window.

I stared at him in complete confusion. Did he not want to be rescued? "What's the problem?"

Kason looked at me. "You don't want to get their attention. Trust me, sweetheart."

"For the last time, don't call me that." I snapped.

His hand covered my mouth again and his eyes snapped to the window. I was about to pull away and protest loudly. But then I saw the figures outside moving toward the window. It wasn't until then I noticed almost all of them had a gun.

Kason slowly dropped his hand as he saw I wasn't about to make another noise. "We need to move to the other side." He whispered. "Quietly."

I silently nodded and backed away, my eyes glued to that window. If I was alone, I could have gotten myself killed just now. I stopped only when I hit the opposite wall from the window.

Kason was silent beside me, his own eyes on the window. It was clear he knew something about the figures outside by his expression and demeanor.

"I didn't think you were awake." I finally whispered.

"I'm a light sleeper." Kason answered simply. "I was awake the moment you took my lighter." He finally faced me and held his hand out. "I'll have it back now, thank you."

With a slight growl of annoyance, I dropped the lighter into his waiting hand. "You're a real jerk."

"Who just saved your ass."

I rolled my eyes, but didn't have a smart response.

Kason tucked the lighter into his pocket. "Be quiet until morning. Those guys will be lurking until sun up." With that, he went back to the door and laid down again.

This night just kept getting better.

--------------------

Well I'm excited for this story. It's been in my brain for awhile now and I'm ready to get out written at last :D. Hopefully I can get it done. Thanks for reading (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 881 23
Just your basic 'He's the bad boy and she's the girl next door', type of story. Okay, Maybe not. It's more like 'He's a crazy, violent, anger prone...
133K 3.3K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
1K 49 19
I could feel his whiskey eyes on me. Felt him stabbing me with his staring. "Can you stop?" I finally pointed it out after being too.. nervous? "St...
518K 13.2K 31
Avery Alderidge has it all: a sweet boyfriend, tons of great friends, a loving family. She's fierce and popular, and has just started at her first-ch...