Grow To Love You

By Kylez_Boy

17 year old Nicki is living with he best friend Drake for a year while her family move to Iceland for a year... More

Chapter 1: A Bit Ill
Chapter 2: Halfway
Chapter 3: Without Warning
Chapter 4: Sweet Drake
Chapter 5: Jelly Tricks
Chapter 6: Yes, I Love You
Chapter 7: Swept Away P.1
Chapter 8: Swept Away P.2
Chapter 9: Nachos
Chapter 10: I Hate You
Chapter 11: Don't You Ever Forget That
Chapter 12: Shhh
Chapter 13: Our Den
Chapter 14: Aubrey!
Chapter 15: André
Chapter 16: Aubrey's Cousin
Chapter 17: The Truth
Chapter 18: You Didn't!?
Chapter 19: Houstatlantavegas
Chapter 20: Teasing & Releasing
Chapter 21: Curiosity
Chapter 22: Sort Out
Chapter 23: Ruining The Moment
Chapter 25: Clean Up
Chapter 26: Lost
Chapter 27: Help
Chapter 28: Mine
Chapter 29: Dirty Cheat
Chapter 30: Everthings Out
Chapter 31: Breaking Point
Chapter 32: Contact
Chapter 33: Tumble
Chapter 34: Hospital
Chapter 35: Over
Chapter 36: Something New
Chapter 37: Do It
Chapter 38: The Past
Chapter 39: Her
Chapter 40: I Thought
Chapter 41: First Day Back
Chapter 42: Lucky Bath

Chapter 24: Cough Cough

1K 45 9
By Kylez_Boy

"Ugh it's you," I rolled my eyes playfully as I entered Drake's room.

"Well who else was you expecting?" Drake questioned as I sat in between his legs, facing him. He was laid on his bed, legs spread open, playing on his phone.

"Do you think it's a bit cramped in that room? With Jade, my father and Micaiah?" I questioned, messing with his shorts.

"Yeah, I was actually thinking of moving down into the basement, so then Jade could take my room so it's not as cramped," Drake shut off his phone and set it on the bed.

"But that means you'll be so far from me," I pouted. "What if I need a cuddle during the night or I fall asleep with you, our rooms will be so far apart," Drake rubbed my thighs as I spoke.

"Who ever said you couldn't stay with me?" He winked.

"You're such a freak," I squeezed his thighs.

"I'm your freak," He leaned forward and kissed my lips.

"If you say so," I sang. I turned my body around and laid on top of him, interlocking our fingers.

"So, I was thinking about starting tomorrow, like cleaning out the basement and sorting out what I need," He explained.

"Sounds cool, I'm gonna go head to my room, I'm feeling tired," I spoke, feeling down all of a sudden.

"Aww, alright, you sure you don't wanna stay and cuddle with me?" He asked, tightening his arms around me whilst kissing my neck. I gently pushed him off me, standing up to leave.

"Nah I'm good, I just need a nap," I told him, walking toward his door to leave.

"Alright, well if you want me I'll be right here," He smiled. I smiled weakly back to him before leaving his room to mine. I stripped off all my clothes down to my underwear before sliding in to my cool bed. Everything that had happened the past few days, rushed to me all at once. I couldn't stay strong any more. I broke.

Drake's POV

I picked my phone up after Nicki left, I sent her a quick text.

Nika😘
Hey baby, I know you feeling down from everything that's happen. I'm always her for you always remember that, don't be afraid to curl up with me and let it all out. I love you so so so much ❤️❤️❤️😘😘😘 xxxxxx

I pressed send and it delivered. Setting my phone down, I get up off my bed and jogged down stairs.

"Hey ma?" I called as I entered the kitchen.

"Yes?" She set the cloth down on the counter and turned to me.

"I was thinking about moving into the basement you know, since it's like so cramp in this house," I explained to her.

"That's a good idea actually, just make sure you don't spend a lot on the basement, you'll be moving out soon...hopefully," She chuckled.

"Haha yeah, I was hoping to start tomorrow, like cleaning it out and that," I explained to my mother.

"Yeah, just make sure to fully clean it, I don't want you coming up here screaming because a spider crawled across your face in your sleep," My mother giggled.

"Ma, I'm a big boy now, I aren't afriad of spiders," I informed her.

"Well still, make sure it's properly cleaned out before you start putting your stuff in there,"

"I will ma, don't you worry," I smiled before grabbing a mug from the cupboard to make a hot chocolate for Nicki. Once I'd finished, I grabbbed a beg of haribos and I took the mug up stairs and knocked on Nicki's door. "Hey Nika?" I called through the door. It was silent for a few moments before I called again. "I brought you hot chocolate and haribos," Still there was no reply. I decided to open the door and check to see if she was alright. Pushing the door open slowly, I peaked around the door to her bed. She lay there on her front, her head tilted to the side whislt crumpled up tissues scattered her bed and floor. Her hair was an absolute mess and her make up had run, leaving black marks from her mascara down her chees and on her pillows. "Oh Nika," I sighed as I shut the door behind me, setting the mug and haribos on her table. Instead of waking her up, I began to pick up all her used tissues and put them in the bin, cleaning up her room. Once I had done that, carefully I pulled the cover out from underneath her body, causing her to stir a little.

"Aubrey?" She spoke faintly, struggling to open her eyes.

"Shh, go back to sleep," I told her quietly as I stroked her hair. Slowly, careful not to wake her back up, I slid into her bed next to her and pulled the cover over us. Instantly, I felt her little arm snake across my chest whilst the rest of her body laid half on top of me, her leg between mine and her head in the crook of my neck. I wrapped both my arms around her, one on her back and one hand on her head straking her hair as my other rubbed circles in her back beneth her top. We laid there as I comforted Nicki in her sleep whilst she cuddled up to me for warmth and security.

3 hours later

Nicki was still fast asleep as I held her. I hadn't slept, I wasn't tired. I just laid with Nicki, thinking about all the stuff we needed to do for moving down into the basement, which will hopefully keep Nicki's mind occupied. also thinking about Nicki's situation and how we can move forward with it.
Nicki started to move in my arms, signalling she was waking up. Her sore, dry eyes struggled to open.

"Hey princess," I smiled, kissing her forehead. "I love you,"

"H-hey," She struggled through her sore throat. "I lov-" She broke out in to a hard cough, struggling to stop. I rubbed her back until she'd stopped coughing. I looked down into her now watery eyes.

"You ok?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah," She replied weakly, smiling up to me.

"You don't seem ok. You look quite pale and weak," I told her as I examined her face.

"I'm fine, don't you worry," She smiled, stroking my cheek. I couldn't believe her, not when she looked like this. Nicki looks so pale and exhausted, even though she had just had a nap. I was seriously worried about her.

"You hungry?" I asked her.

"No, not really," She laid her head back down on my chest.

"Well I brought up some Haribos if you want a snack," I told her.

"Ok, thanks," She mumbled, drifting off to sleep again. I sighed, she really is not well. I carefully slipped out from underneath Nicki and placed one of her stuffed animals in her arms. Once I'd done that, I picked up the mug and took it downstairs to empty and wash. once I had gotten down there, Jade was there getting herself a drink.

"Hey," I greeted as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey," She smiled before taking a sip of her drink.

"Nicki's not too well and I was wondering if tomorrow, you would keep her company whilst I clean out the basement?" I asked her. Cleaning out the basement wouldn't do Nicki any good whilst she's ill and I don't want her to be on her own because she'll probably just get upset.

"Yeah course I can, I think her dad is going out tomorrow to look for a place to stay and a job, so Micaiah can join us," Jade agreed. I thanked her and went back up to Nicki with soothers, paracetamol and another hot chocolate. I entered her room and she was still fast asleep. Placing everything on her table, I gentle woke her up.

"Hey, I brought some hot chocolate," I helped her sit up and handed her the mug. She slowly lifted the mug to her lips with her hands shaking slightly. after take a small sip and coughing slightly, she handed my the mug and I set it down on her table. I turned back to her and watched her cautiously as she got her self comfy. She turned to me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She questioned, her voice sounding very frail through her sore throat. I picked up the pack of soothers and handed her one. She took it at slipped it into her mouth. "Thank you," I smiled.

"Nicki, I know you're not very well. You are so pale and weak, you can barely talk," I told her as i rubbed her hand.

"I just hav-" She coughed hard, "A bit of a sore throat, that's all," Smiling weakily as she tried to reasure me that she was alright, but I knew.

"Look, I know you want to be strong and everything but you are sick and ignoring it and pretending you're fine is not going to make it any better. You need a couple days to just relax and have me take care of you. Everyone gets sick, no ones going to think any different of you if you have few days off from sickness. You know none of us lot are going to think any different of you," I reasured Nicki, sitting on her bed and holding her hand. "So, take these," I handed her the paracetamol. "And get plenty of rest and just chill out in here or where ever you want as long as you are resting," I told her as she took the tablets.

"You acting like I'm your daughter," She glared at me.

"Only because I care," I kissed her forehead. "You want me to stay with you?" I asked.

"Yeah," She cleared her throat. "You can keep me company," She smiled. I climbed into bed next to her and she cuddled up to me as I turned her TV on. "Can we wat-" She began to cough again, but soon recovered. "Um...Let's Be Cops?" She asked.

"Of course," I downloaded the movie and pressed play.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 583 26
Nicki lives alone with her teenage daughter, Lacinda Grahmn. But when Drake comes back to be there with her and their daughter, can he win over the...
33.9K 1.1K 21
Nicki has been diagnosed with leukaemia and only has one year left to live. With the help of her friends and family will it be a good last year or wi...
22.2K 977 18
Nicki is an aspiring actress and when her teacher introduces her to her famous nephew who happens to be a Hollywood director, Nicki quickly takes on...
24.2K 801 56
Sequel to Hold On, Were Going Home They Graduated And Their Lucky They Made It With All Their Friends except Aimee. Nicki Wants to be writer while Dr...