Professor, We Adore You [BXB]

By cupofteaspilled

[WARNING: POLYGAMY 18+ AHEAD] They say the most difficult task of a professor is to ensure all of the studen... More

PROFESSOR, WE ADORE YOU
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
SPECIAL: VIVI AND THE GRINCHES!
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12

C H A P T E R 3

2.7K 113 9
By cupofteaspilled

/ 𝕿𝖗𝖊𝖘 /

10 MONTHS AFTER. . .

PATRICIA

   "Report your findings." Mr. Armani bombarded me that statement as I slipped myself inside his office to report about what my trusted subordinate has told me regarding the university's current state as a temporary surveillance during my absense for these past few months.

   I took a deep breath before answering him because I feel too perplexed about what I'm about to say given that the information I have received would be... unbelieavable.

   "I was informed by one of my trusted subjects that the order of the school is doing immaculate, by that I mean, no war has spoken up between our students for the past few months."

   "No war? Do you think that's possible here?" malagim nitong tanong sa akin habang nakangisi. Napalunok ako. "Take a seat. Let's hear more about that interesting predicament of yours—or more accurately, wherever your trusted man got that from." he gestured his hand to the sofa in front of him, and I only have one job: that is to abide by his orders.

   I stepped forward and quietly sat on the couch. Facing him afront, I can now clearly see certain changes on his face as I set my eyes at them. Exhausted, distraught, yet still powerful to stare at. I lowered my eyes. Having to had not seen each other for months because we had separate matters under our jurisdiction, we both can utterly say, without a doubt, that we are not pleasantly accepting the changes we harbored from the former events that took place in another hell—a hell that is the law, that is.

   "As long as I can remember, this place has never rebuffed any wars before. It's substantially an open battlefield that no one can hinder," he started off and grabbed the glass of wine sitting on the table beside him and took a sip from it before sighing. "Patricia, I have been outside this Inferno for months, and so did you, haven't you? Yet you still ought to bring me the news that no war has at least once happened here while we were gone? Might consider yourself getting a new subordinate by daring to speak nonsensical lies—"

   "It's not a lie, Mr. Wittgen. My subordinate never tells lies." I cut him off. I don't need to have him stuck in that delusion forever.

   Although I understand his wariness and refusual to swallow that information in his mouth, there's no time to let it wander through his head. I was baffled when I heard them the first time as well, but my subordinate reassured me that if I let myself be trampled by some petty conviction that manifests ignorance, the next thing we'll know is: we'll be ruling beneath our graveyard.

   "I have not performed any investigations ahead yet because I just got here, sir, but my trusted subordinate certainly did his job and reported me the current pecularties circulating in this university. If you trust me, I'd like for you to trust him as well," I said and handed out a paper containing all the activities, including the littliest bit of actions from the students, that happened in this place for the past few months we're away.

   Sir Armani grabbed it and took an analysis, eyes confirming what he's reading is not merely hoaxes from liars.

   "The University right now. . . is suspiciously peaceful." I started explaining as I lean myself to the report paper, pointing fingers to parts that needs to be addressed.

   "No recorded outbreaks of wars, though they were reported murders, a war has not happened for 6 months straight, that's already a red flag. It means that something bigger is cooking inside this hell that we aren't aware of, and we're gonna be the final ingredients burned in that pot! Armani, that big war can happen anytime and with a single blow, it's a mess that can never be cleaned. Although this university was put under our control, we can't deny the fact that we controlled NOTHING over the past few years! We were ruling people with crowns already placed on their heads, while we had none! We ruled over nothing for the real powerhouse here has always been residing in—"

   "Be quiet."

   Napatigil lamang ako sa dire-diretso kong pagsasalita nang marinig ang malamig nitong boses. Even though I was looking at him as I speak, my mind was clouded by the tragedy that awaits us. Ngayon ko lamang napagtuunan ng pansin ang mga mata niyang matinding nababalot ng kadiliman na tila inaalis nito ang bawat liwanag na munting naninirahan doon.

   I've cracked a little.

   Kumalma ako at napadapo ang mga mata sa sahig. Nagkaroon ng ilang segundong katahimikan sa pagitan namin bago nito muling ibuka ang bibig.

   "When did this start?" napalunok ako sa talim ng kanyang boses.

   "About 6 months ago, Mr. Wittgen." pormal kong tugon habang nakatuon pa rin ang mga mata sa kumikintab na sahig.

   "6 months," he repeated and felt his eyes wandered through me. I know that look. "We came back after 10 months. What happened to those 4 months?"

   "I-I don't know."

   "Figure it out." he commanded, letting out a sharp scoff. I only nodded my head. Even if he didn't order that, it has been my plan since the beginning: to find out what happened in Hangkuk Unviserity for the past 10 months, especially in those 4 months.

   What made Hangkuk University so peaceful?

   "Assuming what this file had is true, what was the Student Council's response to all of this?" tanong nito at sinimulang humithit ng sigarilyo. Alam ko agad na sa aksyong iyun nai-istress na 'to. Napabuntong hininga nalang ako dahil hindi pa rin siya nagbabago.

   "Like I stated earlier, I am only about to commence my investigation. What I was told was merely the generalization of the current situation. Things are extremely vague for now, but worry not for I'll sort it out as soon as possible, sir."

   "You dare come to me with incomplete data? I appreciate your urgency, now get out of my sight and investigate the rest."

***

   When Mr. Armani shut me outside his office after my report, I found myself heading towards the major firepit in Hangkuk University: The Parallel Casino.

   If I want to see initial changes, I must head to the place where war does happen. In this heathen empire, that unholy event occurs habitually, but that doesn't mean it takes place just anywhere it wants to. It does happen from the rise of the sun to the next, but solely displayed in one place and no other: The Parallel Casino.

   The Parallel Casino has lived up to its name for generations, a gambling playhouse for the unhinged compulsive gamblers who go mad at the sight of either losing or gaining enormous money for the sake of pleasure. It does not matter. As long as someone is capable of embracing the overwhelming essence of insanity, they are free to act however they see fit. Therefore, before you enter the madhouse itself, you must be a mad person yourself. But if not, it also does not matter. The Parallel Casino will help you with that. You'll become one eventually at the end of the day if you ever survive.

   As for myself, I have only been in this place 3 times under my years of profession. And 3 times it had almost destroyed my entire life.

   Napalunok ako. Would today be the 4th?

   If I had a choice, I don't want to enter this ugly place. It's the ugliest place I have been to.

   But I have no choice.

   I am.  .  . acting upon orders.

   ... and a mission to execute with perfection.

   How could I have the guts to back out?

   I breathed in heavily. Calm down, Patricia. Your subordinate has already told you that no war has happened for the past months, right? There should be nothing different from now.

   Let's have faith.

   I readily stood in front of the Parallel Casino and still felt my whole body becoming colder the longer I stare at it. Before you can truly enter the casino, you are greeted with two similar towering red doors, and these doors lead to completely different destinations that will never meet. One door presents an area filled with standard games used in gambling; a casual play that can be experienced outside in society. As for the other door, it presents the fiery pit of hell itself; a venue of lethal games that embody an eccentric stage play, controlling one's fate from a mere flick of a single card. Everyday, each door changes and no one can correctly guarantee which is which. It truly is a monstrous palace destined for monsters. To enter the site, one must gamble first. Once in will you only feel the madness of everyone in the room that will make you feel sick and high enough to grow some horns and dance along with the devils.

   Let's hope we get to pick the normal door. I said to myself. Pag napunta ako sa maling pinto at may gyera pala roon, farewell, Mr. Wittgen. I would certainly kill myself first before the game and the students can ruthlessly butcher me.

   Either way, whether entering the normal door or not, I can't even begin to contemplate the imagery of the students being peaceful in one place as they gamble. I'm not saying they aren't disciplined, contrary to what I labelled them to be, the students here are one of the most disciplined people of all time. They are taught to be that way.

   But then I remember. . . there's always two sides of the coin. They may be disciplined, but they're groomed as monsters.

   Discipline is nothing when they snap and war happens.

   Let's just do it. It's not like time can stop. But, oh, how I wish it does.

1. Breathe in.

2. Breathe out.

3. Breathe In.

And for one last time, I released my breath, gathered enough courage, and chose the left door. When I got in, I closed my eyes for a few seconds and opened them slowly...

O-oh my God...

   Seeing students play games I recognize filled my sight, and my eyes couldn't glow any further from relief.

   Oh my God!

This is the right door, alright! This place is the normal region!

Yes! I really picked the right door this time!

But I don't think I should celebrate too early.

   Something's strange.

   "Ah!"

   "Oh, forgive me. I was too clumsy." I apologized when I suddenly bumped into a man as I'm on my way.

   "Ah, ayos lang! Ayos lang! Sorry, I wasn't looking either." sabi nito kaya nagpilit nalang ako ng ngiti.

   Am I seeing it right?

   This place...

   People aren't loud.

They aren't vicious, why is that? They can act this respectful and calm? How long have I been gone for a good situation to erect in a messy location such as this one? Entering the normal route of this damned hellhole will drown one in a deep sea of mud for this place is usually engulfed in filth nevertheless.

Drugs.

Sex.

Torture.

What the hell happened? Where did those unruly scenes go? Why did this place suddenly feel sane? Although it is the normal hole, there is a different meaning to that word in this underworld.

This place looks undisturbed.

   Mr. Wittgen...

   My subordinate really was not lying.

   Something changed.

What is it?

   It is something good, but it does not feel good at all.

It's itching my heart.

Just what is it?

   "Excuse me, ma'am? Tulala ka. Galit ka ba? P-pasensya na ulit, ha?"

   I got back to reality when the man who bumped into me waved his hand in front of me. "Ah?" I blurted out. When he got my attention, I can't help but direct my eyes at his uniform, and that alone is enough to make me freeze. His black cloak was engraved by a small golden-colored plate with a distinct black heart in the middle, symbolizing our university's staff emblem on the right upper part of his uniform.

Wait, he is a professor like me?! I need confirmation. It's not entirely restricted, but professors must pass a certain test to penetrate the Parallel Casino. Generally, if professors were to have a say in this, we would never commit the dare to twist the knob of the flaming doors of this demonic sanctuary. We avoid it, in fact. Of course we, professors, would. If a professor showed up in this gambling house, he will be the ultimate target of the students inside. Pagkakaisahan nilang lahat ito, sisirain, babaliwin, at gagawing libangan. Sa katotohanan niyan, kaya rin nila itong patayin subalit hindi nila gagawin iyun sapagkat mawawala ang kaisa-isahang nilang laruan.

Nanlamig ang puso ko.

In the end, clueless professors will only meet an unredeemable demise— kung kaya't gumawa ng batas si Armani. Isang batas na bahagyang magliligtas sa buhay ng mga propesor na narito pagdating sa nakakadiring lugar na'to sa kadahilang ang batas na iyun ay handog na mairaos ang isang pagsusulit na ninanais munang tignan ang abilidad at mentalidad ng isang propesor, at kung nakapasa lamang siya ay magkakaroon ng autoridad na makapasok sa loob ng casino.

Back then, such rule did not exist, and we lost a great amount of professors due to the casino regardless of how commendable they were at their job. It was a pity. Either they were threatened by students to come, or they were led by their curiosity, it does not really matter as they all met the same tragedy and lost themselves along the way. But what matters is that a rule that regards professors' safety now functions in our society, and neither students nor curiosity can kill the cat.

I was one of the professors who passed the test, as I should, and I know every professor who did but I could only count them in my fingers. We were limited; very little in amount.

But I am not familiar with this professor.

Is he a new one?

Someone this new is already in this hell? He passed such a grueling test that easily?

   "You're a new professor in this school?" I asked cautiously.

Of course, he must be a dangerous person.

He blushingly nodded.

Or not?

Tsk! I've been in hell for too long that I am no longer biased of what a demon shall appear like. If there's one rule that must be known, the more beautiful and innocent a person is, the more dangerous they truly are.

   Mga mapaglinlang na demonyo.

   "I am. And I'm guessing you are too? Ah, no, wait? Madame Patricia, right? Goodness, it really is you! How could I forget and mistake you for a new recruit? You're the right-hand of the Dean! Hehe. I'm sorry for bumping into you, my lady. I didn't recognize you. My name is Mavor by the way—"

He is dangerous. Let's get out of here.

   "Sorry, I need to do something, sir. It's urgent. It's a pleasant to meet you. I'll talk to you again when I see you." I cut him off, walking by pass him to continue my lurk around the gamble house, trying to ignore his disturbing presence.

"Well, ciao!" I heard him bid goodbye playfully. Napalunok nalang ako. I took a sideward glance at him and saw he's heading out.

For sure, pinagkaisahan iyun dito.

But that man survived.

He looks well like he wasn't pierced by thunderous thorns.

He really is a dangerous man.

Good thing he did not bother me too much.

Thank God.

Mavor is his name, was it?

Usually, professors who are newcomers would pester me day and night to accompany them throughout the campus. It's my job to act as their guidance as I am a head professor acknowledged by the dean himself, but I grew tired of it when they became too annoying for my own liking. As much as that Professor Mavor guy already terrifies the hell out of me, I am grateful he did not stick to me.

There's no need to babysit him like what I did with someone months ago.

   Now that I think about it, that professor I met just now reminded me of someone by the way he talked. I don't remember much of him anymore since we barely even held any real conversations to begin with, and if I'm not mistaken, I only met him once and reviewed his resume through my email. But I remember the details carved in his pretty face similar to an angel—or probably a doll would perfectly describe him for how he doesn't even look like a human by how pretty his features are, or maybe I'm exaggerating at this point?

   From what I can remember, he was a professer that majored in english and psychology and decided to display his skills here in Hangkuk University for a short while, what a pity. Although I forgot his name, I wouldn't be able to forget his face. He was a man who was sweet, bubbly, daring, innocent, and extremely beautiful. The type I couldn't imagine that would work in this hell.

   I stopped walking halfway through.

   "O-oh, I'm sorry! It's just you're really pretty when you smile!"

Wow?

   I remember his words and voice well.

   How come I don't remember his name but remember every single part of who he is?

   It's been 10 months.

   That professor must have been dead.

   Hah, such a shame.

   Let's not think about him anymore.

I decided to station at a small stage and watch a gamble of poker between two people to disregard every shattering thought that I had carried on my way here. Remember, this is still the Parallel Casino, I could never let my guard down.

Isa rin akong propesor. I should ready myself.

   "Good day, ma'am Patricia. Long time no see." a student greeted when he saw me. Because of that, the rest of the crowd that were watching the sultry game diverted their attention at me and gave a polite smile.

   I froze on the spot.

   He greeted me?

And they smiled politely at me?

   "Good morning, madame."

   What is going on here?

   Students who seem to recognize me started greeting me with a tone I have never been familiar with, but it sounded too respectful that I was left astonished.

My hands slightly trembled.

   I showed a little smile and immediately left from watching the two people gamble with the crowds of many people.

Napalunok ako at naglakad papalayo sa kanila.

What is really going on here?

They are suppose to treat me like shit.

   My legs began to tremble along with my hands.

   THUG!

   "Ah!" I yelped when I bumped into someone, almost falling over. I was preoccupied by the strangeness of these situations, and now I am pissed. Damn it, again?! Hindi ba nag-iingat ang mga demonyo rito?!

   "Hala, I'm so sorry, ma'am!" I heard another gentle voice, probably the one I bumped into. Pinapagpagan pa niya ang suot kong damit habang patuloy pa ring humihingi ng tawad kaya agad ko siyang sinuway. Hindi naman niya ako natapunan ng kahit anong bagay, ano ang pinapagpagan niya? Ang dumi niya? Tsk.

   "Sir, let go this instant—"

   I stiffened when I noticed a bunch of towering figures behind the man I bumped into. I did not dare to take a peek at them. I can just feel them staring at me. I instantly felt chills crawling up my neck. Napatingin ako sa mukha ng nakabangga ko at halos tumigil ang tibok ng puso ko nang makita muli ang mala-anghel nitong pagmumukha. Ang manika nitong pagmumukha na hugis perpekto—maiisip mo nalang na masyado siyang nakakabighani para umiral sa mundo.

   I was just thinking about him earlier; how pretty he was, how sweet and funny he was; how he might be dead already, but seeing him in front of me, it destroyed all of my lingering thoughts about his death.

   Holy fuck, he just got prettier?

   But what is he doing here?

In a place like this?

   I headed my gaze at the name tag placed on his black cloak on the left part of his upper chest.

   Professor Vivi Reyes.

He was... never dead... this entire time?

He survived?

And out of all place, he is in the Parallel Casino of Hangkuk University?

   "Miss Patricia?" his gentle voice turned shocked as he called my name. Sa kumikinang niyang mata, hindi ko alam kung natutuwa ba talaga siyang makita ako.

   Ngunit isa lang ang nasisigurado ko. . .

My eyes twitched.

   "Professor Vivi~! Who is this?" a man, that for the love of God on how I know so well, hugged Vivi from behind while pouting as he asked a question with a sad voice.

   Because of that, my eyes involuntarily went up and. . . started at them.

   I received glares—no, not glares. Threats. Perhaps my death sentence, actually. The towering figures behind Professor Vivi finally subdued my sight, and for the very first time after a very long time, my body fell on the ground at the presence of these monsters.

   Monsters who. . .

   . . . embraced Professor Vivi's shadow—who I thought was dead—so affectionately .

—————
cupofteaspilled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.3K 1.4K 82
(SLOW UPDATE) Donna Jean V. Lodivero, a lovely woman deprived of the ability to see beautiful scenery in the world. A young lady who has her unlucky...
677K 24.1K 34
(Game Series # 10) Tali coursed through life with ease. Coming from a family full of lawyers, she knew that getting a job would not be a problem. Kai...
17.4K 1.1K 16
[ Iskwala Series #1 ] Intrigued by the unknown and driven by curiosity, Damian Villados was a man of exploration, always eager to dive headfirst into...
94.8K 2.1K 20
Duke & Izza