Trapped (Thranduil FanFiction)

By HelenaMnera

Caladhiel had been born in the Northern Mountains of Middle Earth. She'd always been hot headed, passionate a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 20

6.4K 217 9
By HelenaMnera

The people of Laketown followed Bard, his family and I through the rough path that lead up to the mountain. It was a cold day, fall was coming and it made its presence known. A sense of familiarity filled me more and more the further we went. It had been a very long time since I'd been on the Mountains; maybe these weren't the mountains of my childhood but it felt good to be back. Laketown became nothing more than a pile of ashes in a distant lake and Middle Earth showed itself before us. My mind went back to the days up in the North where I'd watch Middle Earth through out the whole day, right now it felt exactly the same; the forests, lakes and the Misty Mountains laid before us. I breathed in the cold mountain air and smiled.

"You look happy my lady." Bard said as his blue eyes studdied my face.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply. "It reminds me of my home." I whispered and looked at him with softened eyes.

"Mirkwood?" Bard couldn't help but laugh.

"No!" I swatted his arm playfuly and his head shot up with uncontrolled laughter.

When he managed to pull himself together his eyes filled with intrigue. "Tell me then, its still half a days walk to Dale." In his eyes I could tell I'd picked his interest.

"I'm not a Sindarin elf." I started to say and then remained silent only to tease him.

"So? Is that all you're going to tell me?" His voice was lined with amusement and a smirk crossed his lips.

Bard was the first man I'd ever met and he was terribly handsome. So much had happened since my departure from Rivendell and I'd met so many amazing people in different ways. Thranduil whom I loved deeply was broken, alluring and when he wanted to he was kind, Tauriel and Legolas were strong, caring and loyal, Thorin reminded me of myself and him and I had grown close in the few days we'd known each other. But Bard and his family made me feel safe; they were all so allien to my problems it felt good to talk to them.

"I was raised in the Northern Mountains; further away than Erebor, just at the border of Middle Earth. My kin and I lived isolated from the rest of the elves." The mountain became steeper so I paused in order to regain my footing.

"That explains why you're such an avid climber." Bard laughed.

"I had to be. I also had to be strong and unmoved by the harsh winters. Sometimes we wouldn't find game for three days. We had to eat roots. My kin and I were fighters but then the orcs came they were killed. I tried my best to help but we were outnumbered by the enemy. They killed my father and my twin brother died in my arms. I don't know what they wanted in our lands but I lost my home." It was the first time I told my story without faltering. The past was past and I needed to move on, that was a concept I was beggining to understand.

Bard looked at me with fasination. "You're amazing you know that? Being through hell and back, now you're helping people you don't even know reclaim what's theirs. That's why you helped Thorin in the first place wasn't it?"

"Yes." I nodded. "And that's why I'm helping you too."

*

Dale in its time had been a magnificent city; its streets had been filled with life, you could hear the laughter of children as they flew their kites, the murmur of water trickling down the fountain. Its houses had been beautiful white stone buildings and the streets had been filled with colorful flowes. Now, all of that was a memory. The place seemed decayed, grey, sad and death was still palpable in the air. The very same being responsable for the siege of Erebor had been the one to reduce this city to a memory. Seeing the faces of the eldest citizens of Laketown helped me understand how great this city had been in its time.

"Daddy." Tilda called as she tugged at her father's sleeve.

"Yes my darling?" Bard asked as he took his youngest daughter in his arms to lift her up.

"Is this the place you speak of so much?" Her little blue eyes studdied the place, she was clearly unimpressed, she was far too young to understand what war really does to the world. I envied little Tilda, she was still innocent, she was happy.

"Indeed. This used to be a great city, long ago when Erebor still stood." Bard's voice was lost in rememberance, his eyes fixed some place far away from here.

"What happened?" Tilda asked.

"Smaug." Her father said and it was clear he didn't want to answer any more questions.

I stepped closer to them and took Tilda in my arms. "Daddy is busy my child, come with me." I said.

"Yes my lady." Her smile reflected all that was pure and good in the world and I wanted some of that for myself.

"What will we do now father?" Sigrid asked.

Bard shook his head as if he had been woken up. "Find shelter! Look for things to eat and we'll have to ration our supplies so they'll last us for the upcoming winter. If we're lucky Thorin will give us just what's neccesary to survive and re-build this city!" The citzens cheered on and Bard smiled.

Bard, his family, the weasle-like man whose name was Alfrid and I made our way to the town hall. It took my breath away how this building dispite being in ruins remained proud and standing. It was like seeing a beacon of hope in the middle of a storm. The sky was turning grey and the sun was two hours away from setting.

"Sire, I think we should take shelter inside the mountain! There is no telling if Thorin and the rest of his company are alive." His voice was just as annoying as his presence and I made my best efforts to ignore him.

"The dwarves that remained in Laketown with us are already inside. I want to believe Thorin is alive." Bard said dismisively.

Alfrid took a few steps closer to him and looked at Bard with a greedy expression. "What if they wont give us any gold! I bet that dwarf will want it all for himself."

When I heard Thorin's name followed by those horrid adjetives I whirled around; my face hot with anger. "You will not speak that way of my friend you rat!" I screamed.

Alfrid's mouth curved into a wicked smile. "I see you kept a prize Master." He bowed and this time it was Bard who was angry.

"She is no prize to be won! Show some respect, or this time I will show you no mercy." Bard looked down on him and Alfrid drew back clearly scared.

"Thank you." I said.

"That's what friends are for, and besides I owe you." Bard placed his hand on my shoulder and it felt strange yet comforting.

"You don't owe me anythig Bard. I did what I felt was right and there was no way I was going to leave your lovely family to die." I smiled and took hold of his hand and squeezed it tight. "But I do have a favor to ask you."

"Anything for you Caladhiel." Bard responded.

"Now that Thorin is back where he belongs there's no place for me with him. I will not go to The Shire either and I've been exiled from Mirkwood. I have nowhere to go." My voice became a whisper and I became too embarrassed to ask.

"You can stay here." Bard said. "This is your home as well, besides Sigrid and Tilda are really fond of you."

I smiled in response and the both of us stared at The Lonely Mountain. Both of us knew what was coming. Now that the mountain was unprotected people would start to show interest. It contained an unearthly amount of wealth inside and its position was perfect for battle. Then a flicker of light crossed my field of vision and then another.

"Am I going crazy or are you seeing this as well?" I asked looking at Bard.

The torches from Erebor were lighting up.

"He made it! Thorin actually made it!" Bard said. He was happy and hope returned to his face. "Alfrid!" He called,

The horrid man came running and once in front of his master showed himself at his full disposal. "Yes sire?"

"You will keep watch tonight. Report anything strange you see to me." He comanded.

"Very well sire." Alfrid nodded and stepped outside.

Bard lead me to a small room in wich Sigrid and Tilda were slepping peacefully. There was a spare cot and he gestured me towards it.

"You don't mind sharing a room with them?" He asked.

"Not at all." I responded. "You're too kind." A smile spread accross my face.

"Get some rest, tomorrow will be a long day." Bard said.

"Goodnight." I called as he left the room.

That night I fell asleep instantly. My limbs felt tiered from so much action. I hadn't slept at all yesterday and so much had happened since then it was hard to keep up. My mind and body were drained and I drfited to into a tranquil sleep.

*

A ray of sunshine woke me up that morning. I sat up in my small cot and saw Tilda and Sigrid were still asleep. I had lost all track of time and I knew they were too tierd. I was going to let them sleep for as long as they needed to. I snuck out of the room and crashed into Bard.

He looked refreshed, his hair was a tousled black mess but his smile was radiant. "Good morning." He said.

"Hello Bard." I responded.

Both of us made our way to the main room, it was empty and cold yet we felt safer than ever. Bard and I walked outside to check on Alfrid which to our surprise found sound asleep.

Bard shook him awake. "Sire!" He gasped.

"Anything to report?" Bard asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing sire, I stayed up all night and saw nothing." Alfrid's voice was shaky but Bard was not too hard on him.

The three of us made our way outside and at the sight before us we stopped dead on our tracks.

"Nothing escapes you Alfrid?" Bard said sarcastically. "Nothing but and army of elves."

My heart stopped, they'd brought food and supplies for them, but with that came a double intention, Thranduil wasn't that nice. Just at the though of him crossed my mind I saw him, Thranduil made his way through his soldiers in a magnificent Elk. He was dressed for battle in a silver angel like armor, his silver blond hair fell gracefully down his back and his ice blue eyes landed on me, showing no emotion at all.

"Caladhiel what a surprise." His cold and unmoved voice made me shiver and unable to answer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278 24 4
Several months after the company of Thorin Oakenshield reclaimed their homeland, the Bagginses come home to Erebor. Fili trains to be the next King U...
5 0 7
*re-uploaded and edited* I do not own "The Hobbit" or any of Tolkien's works or characters. All rights go to J.R.R. Tolkien. I only take credit fo...
314K 11.8K 22
"You talk too much elf-boy," Arya muttered, her voice hoarse from all the screaming she had done due to the pain of her injuries. Legolas scrunched u...
75.9K 1.9K 32
The quality is bad lol, but it was very important to young me, so no hate, pls. Nymeria just wanted a quiet life in the woods, alone. But somehow fa...