Raghbat رغبت

By Shiba_Sakeen

Hamdaani Heirs #2 The story of Azaan and Faiqa. Of how they meet, entice, fall in love and decide to spend th... More

one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
epilogue

four

15.3K 1K 480
By Shiba_Sakeen

" Faiqa, doodh ubal jayega. Gas band kardo please" Duaa called out to her sister in law.

" Faiqa! " Duaa shouted and switched off the gas.

She pushed Faiqa's hand away from the path of the boiling milk. All this while Faiqa wasn't even aware of her environment let alone the danger she so narrowly escaped.

Duaa shook her gently bringing her back to the land of the living. It was then that Faiqa took in her surroundings and saw the milk boiled over and Duaa holding her hand.

" Fai, mahaul ka hosh karo. Kuch ho jaata tumhe toh " Duaa scolded her, afraid for her wellbeing.

" Bhabhi...?" Faiqa mumbled after gathering a lot of courage.

Duaa sat down on the chair by the kitchen island, exhausted. Her back was killing her. She took her multivitamins and gulped them down with water.

" Kya baat hai? Main do din se dekh rahi hu tumhe. Kya pareshaani khaye jaa rahi hai?"

Duaa looked at a tensed Faiqa now sitting beside her, fiddling with the end of her dupatta.

" Wo bhabhi..." Faiqa trailed off, suddenly feeling too emotional.

" Kya baat hai Meri Jaan? Bhabhi ko nahi bataogi?" Duaa reached over and touched her face, caressing her cheeks.

Faiqa is like a sister for her and she cannot see the exuberant girl so troubled.

" I promise I'll help you out with anything. Even if I can't, at least mujhse share karne se tumhara dil halka ho jayega " Duaa tucked a strand of hair behind her ears.

" I think I might be sick. Like really sick " Faiqa sobbed.

" Kya?" Duaa raised her eyebrows.

" I'm not feeling so good these days. I'm throwing up all the time. And the other day..." She started weeping.

" It's okay sweetheart " Duaa gently rubbed her back in a soothing manner.

Is this what she thinks it is?

" ...I shouted at Zaan. For no fault of his. And the kind man just smiled at me. I'm so bad Bhabhi " she whispered as if confessing a sin.

Duaa helped her drink a little of her flavoured water.

" Did you get your Periods this month? Maybe it's PMS " Duaa didn't want to declare anything before confirmation.

" I had a little spotting last week but that's it. But I never do get heavy periods so..." Faiqa was still troubled.

Endometrial Implantation? Duaa mused.

Maybe she should call her gynecologist and see if she could accommodate them today.

" Achaa, rou nahi. Tumhe rota dekh mujhe bilkul acha nahi lagta hai" she pulled her cheeks, making her smile.

" Zaan bhi yahi kehte hai" Faiqa giggled shyly.

" Zaan huh! Humare Bhai ke ishq ka rang bohot hi gehra chadha hua hai mohtarma par, main sadke jaaon"

Duaa took her balayein and blew over some protection prayers.

Allah bless them!

" I'm so thankful to Allah that I married Zaan" Faiqa chimed holding Duaa's hands.

Her mood now doing a full 360!

" Achaa? Maine toh suna tha tumne bechare Azaan Bhai par hamla kar diya tha. Wo toh Moosy ne uske Taya Abbu ko bacha liya " Duaa teased her, relieved for her uplifted spirits.

" Bhabhi..." Faiqa whined.

" Kya Bhabhi " Duaa poked her further.

It's a rare sight to see this tigress blushing.

" He deserved it. Not at first but then he used my poor darling against me. I should have stomped on his foot harder " Faiqa declared righteously.

" Pagal" Duaa tapped her cheek in affection. The girl was too precious!

" But I'm thankful to Zaan for our family. Especially for YOU! " Faiqa squeezed her hands.

" I've always wanted a sister and Allah has given me the most beautiful and kind hearted one ever. I love you so much Appi" Faiqa gulped tearfully.

Why can't she reign in her emotions!

" Can I call you Appi?" Faiqa trembled with the intensity of her emotions,  "please?"

That got Duaa to sob and she just kissed her forehead in response.

It was a month after their wedding and it was a regular early morning for the Hamdaani Bahus.

Duaa was four months pregnant with her second child and as was her habit in her previous pregnancy, she had her multivitamins and haldi doodh and ladoos early in the morning.

Faiqa has made it a point to accompany her the entire day lest she need something. She wasn't an early riser but for her sister and niece, sacrificing her sleep was a no brainier.

She absolutely adores Musa and if Musa was this lovable she can't even imagine how cute a little Hamdaani girl will be!

And yes, she firmly believes that this is her niece and she can't wait to spoil her!

After their sentimental showdown, Duaa was now sure about her hunch and if that's true then Faiqa mustn't be kept hungry.

" Did you eat anything yet?"

Duaa inquired worriedly. This girl is extremely careless with her meals.

" Mujhse itni subah khaya nahi jaata hai Appi" Faiqa pouted at her, hoping it melts her sister.

" Tumse pura din kuch khaya nahi jaata hai. Saara din bas hawa aur paani par zinda rehti ho " Duaa scolded her.

" Ammi ne pinni ke ladoo banaye hai. Wait I'll get it for you" Duaa got up and without turning her head warned, " and don't you dare make those faces!"

" Allah! Appi aapke sar ke peeche bhi aankhein hai! " Faiqa exclaimed.

" Zyada smart nahi bano tum, iske saath haldi wala doodh bhi lena..." Duaa's voice stopped making Faiqa look up from all her grumbling.

" Appiiii..." Faiqa shot up from her seat and supported Duaa's swaying body before she could hit the ground.

She made her sit on the chair and called out to Jahara Begum who came immediately.

Duaa was given an Oral rehydrating Solution and Rayyan was summoned.

" Iss ladki ne mujhe jald hi kabr me bhej dena hai. Iski fikr me kahi main marr hi na jaoon "

Jahara Begum scolded her eldest daughter in law all while helping her move towards the couch.

Duaa was then made to lie down on the couch and her feet were raised on a futon. Faiqa loosened her dupatta and opened the french windows.

" Ammi..." Duaa whined.

" Kya Ammi! Chup kar jaao bilkul. Theek se khaati nahi ho aur apna ye haal bana rakha hai " Jahara Begum scolded her, her eyes overflowing with tears.

Tears of worry for her daughter.

" Wo mujhe chicken ki smell se..." Duaa barfed.

Just the reminder of the smell of poultry made her nauseatic again.

" Toh mujhse keh deti na Chanda. Main kal kuch aur bana deti tumhare liye "  Jahara Begum caressed her daughter's hair.

" Tumhari apne aap ke taraf jo ye laaparwaahi hai, isne meri jaan leh leni hai ek din" she pinched Duaa's cheeks in affection.

" Nahi Ammi, agli baar aise nahi hoga" Duaa held her mother-in-law's hands and placed a kiss on it, " vaada!"

She was feeling so blessed to have a family such as hers. Despite being a yateem she now was surrounded by people that she can call her own.

Alhamdulillah!

" Ammi, Appi abhi mujhe daant laga rahi thi khane par se , aur yaha khud behaal hai, badi aayi"  Faiqa struck out her tongue at her.

" Aah Ammi, naa karein..." Faiqa screamed on getting her ears twisted.

" Tum bhi wahi ho. Chidiya jaise daana chugti ho bass. Rumaisa ki duty lagwati hu. Ab se wo tumhari diet handle karegi " Jahara Begum scolded her daughters.

" Aur appi ki aise shikayat lagate hai? Badmaash!" Faiqa ran towards Duaa and hid in her embrace.

" Ammi badmaash!" A small voice resounded in the lounge.

Musa!

" Moosy Moose! Ammi missed you sooooooo much!" Faiqa intended to rush towards her darling nephew when Duaa held her hand.

" Aaraam se " Duaa instructed her cryptically.

Rayyan had rushed down with Musa followed by everyone else. He insisted on taking Duaa for a customary checkup at her gynecologist, only to be refused by his beloved wife who wanted Faiqa to accompany her.

It was in the evening that Rayyan was sitting in their study, going through a factory report detailing the inferences of the inspection of the new manufacturing unit, when Azaan entered.

" Bhai, Bhabhi kaise hai ab? Kya kaha doctor ne?" Azaan asked, worried for the wellbeing of his sister and niece.

It was a family wide expectation for Rayyan's second child to be a girl.

They were tired of having boys now!

" Alhamdulillah sab khariyat se hai. Masha Allah, baby bhi healthy hai. Bas diet ka khayal rakhne ke liye kaha hai" Rayyan answered his brother, touched at his concern.

" Bhai wo kuch batana tha aapko..."

Azaan trailed off, feeling shy at being the bearer of such news.

" Bhai wo Faiqa..." Azaan began coyly.

" Kya hua Faiqa ko? Duaa ne bhi kuch hint kiya tha but she didn't tell me anything" Rayyan remembered the incident from this afternoon.

He had come home to check up on her and his babies and was relieved to hear that her reports were fine. It was then that Duaa had let slip something along the lines of Faiqa being tested at the hospital but she had distracted him with other things mid-conversation.

" We're having a baby, Bhai" Azaan bashfully responded.

This wasn't something you openly declare to your older brother. A baby is a measure of your love for your wife that led to the fruit of your amoral affliction!

Faiqa was feeling all the symptoms of early pregnancy and was unaware of the same. Duaa had picked up on the signals and had asked Faiqa to accompany her to her gynecologist.

The doctor had a urine and blood test done and the Hamdaani name hastened the results. It felt awful to abuse the power of their name but they were restless.

Turns out Faiqa was indeed pregnant. Five weeks to be exact.

Also, Duaa was right. The light spotting that she had experienced last week was infact the embryo implanting itself deeper in the endometrium.

They were now going to have two little babies in the house, to be born mere months apart from each other.

Alhamdulillah!

" Masha Allah! Allah humesha tumhe khush rakhe, aabaad rakhe, tumhe nek aulaad dein, jo tumhara Dil ka Sukoon baney, tumhare Aankho ka Noor baney " Rayyan clapped his brother's back in happiness and blessed him and his little family.

" Aameen" Azaan mumbled in gratitude to his Lord for such a beautiful blessing.

" Allah! Kabhi apne iss chotey se Bhai ka bhi khayal kar liya karein. Humesha sautela behavior..." Furqaan gasped, making a dramatic entry in the room.

He had overheard his brothers' cheerful voices and had come to be a part of their happiness. His happiness is intertwined with theirs.

" Tum insaan na bano kabhi" Rayyan hit his head.

" Bhai, bandar toh insaano ke purwaj hi hai..." Azaan teased his little brother.

" Rayyan Bhai inse keh dein, mujhe bandar na bulayein. I'm a cute little panda who likes to cuddle !" Furqaan made googly eyes at Azaan and ran after him to hug him.

" Bass karo tum dono ! Kaun kahega ke ye baap banne wala hai" Rayyan sighed seeing their never ending childish fights.

" Main baap banne wala hu? "

Furqaan stopped in his endeavor and asked him in puzzlement.

" Allah Qaan! Tum kaise banoge? Tumhari shaadi hui hai ab tak?" Azaan hit his head.

" Baap banne ke liye Shaadi zaruri nahi hoti hai " Furqaan winked at his brothers only to receive a tongue lashing in return for his insensitivity.

" Acha maafi! Par agar main baap nahi ban raha hu, for no fault of mine..." Furqaan mumbled the last part to himself lest he gets beaten up again.

" I'm pregnant" Azaan said exasperated cutting his rant in the middle, not realizing his grammatical error.

" Science ne itni tarraki kar li? Waah! " Furqaan mused.

" I meant to say that we are pregnant" Azaan corrected himself.

" How can a group of people be pregnant collectively?" Furqaan asked the dumbest question.

" Allah Furqaan! Faiqa is pregnant aur Azaan baap banne wala hai!" Rayyan exclaimed, his patience hanging by a thread.

" Khuda ke vaastey meri Biwi ke saath hangout karna band kardo. Please I beg you" Azaan pleaded with Furqaan .

It was like looking at a male Faiqa!

" Whyyy!! She's so fun to be with" Furqaan protested.

" Haan woh toh hai. Bohot hi pyaari hai wo. Uske aaney se ghar me raunak lagi rehti hai" Rayyan praised his sister in law.

" Pyaari hai par I can handle only one Faiqa at a time. This weird juxtaposition of a Faiqa and a Furqaan personality is too much to handle" Azaan gave side looks to his little brother.

" Faiqa is witty and this oddball here is plain bizzare sometimes! Allah I fear for his kids. What if they take after him and are even bigger drama queens! What then? Khuda hi bachaye hume phir toh!" Azaan fake shuddered.

" Ye compliment me lapet kar jo insult maara hai na aapne, iska badla mere bachey lengey. I promise!" Furqaan declared smugly;  unknowingly predicting the future.

" Why are we targeting Furqaan's innocent children?" Rayyan was fed up of this stupid banter now.

" Yes! When there are actual little babies on board! Main bata raha hoon, maine unhe khoob leniency deni hai, Qaan chachu will be their favorite! " Furqaan said dreamily, already making plans with the two little kids.

" You two better be on your best disciplinarian game because I'm going to spoil them rotten!" Furqaan declared haughtily.

" Like you're doing with Musa? Allah bachaye humare masoom si aulaaadon ko" Rayyan prayed for their kids but secretly admiring his brother for the love he has for them.

" What if it's two girls?" Furqaan asked suddenly.

" There's make-up and dresses and dolls and tea parties and boys! I will kill all the boys who even dare to look at my princesses. Aankhein noch leni hai maine unki. Uff Allah! I can't handle this stress anymore..." Furqaan had a dramatic nervous breakdown leading him to collapse on the leather chair.

" Bhai? What if it's two girls? How are we going to protect our darling daughters?" Azaan said in a similar panic.

The gravity of Furqaan's words hit him hard.

" Azaan! Hosh main aao! Ye toh hai hi pagal" Rayyan sprinkled a little water on Furqaan's face, effectively waking him up.

" Aur Allah ne agar hume betiyon se nawaaza toh hum se zyada khushkismat koi nahi hoga. I pray that we do have girls" Rayyan said in a hopeful voice.

His heart longing for a little girl of his own.

" We'll have a little princess to coddle, to spoil, to cherish and protect. She will love us the most in the world and we'll be her superhero. We can never  teach her things, because she will; about fashion, toys, hygiene and the works" Rayyan sighed.

" She will scold us like a grandmother yet fight for us against the world at the same time. She'll make us better humans and I hope I can become the man she always looks upto. The man she always compares the silly boys with until she finds The One who will love and cherish her just as we do..." Rayyan trailed off, lost in the dreams of his daughter

" I want a daughter too!" Azaan beamed.

He fell in love with the picture his brother painted.

" That was so beautiful Bhai!" Furqaan sniffed.

" I swear he's a girl! Mama ne beti ke liye mannat ki hogi iske waqt. Itna draama kaise kar leta hai ye ladka! " Azaan exclaimed

" Talent hai Bhai. Aap zyada jaliyein mat meri awesome personality se" Furqaan said pompously.

" Pagal!" Rayyan pinched his cheek affectionately.

" But you still love me!" Furqaan went in to hug his brothers.

" Yahi toh afsos hai!"

Rayyan and Azaan took their little brother in a bone crushing hug, draining the life out of him, or in this case, the draamey out of him!

What is life without family!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 10.7K 9
Hamdaani Heirs #7 The story of Shahveer and Ibtihaaj. Of love and pain. Of forgiveness and second chances. Of that leap of faith. Of becoming the so...
168K 15K 34
Highest Ranking: #1 in Muslim! 9/21 #1 in Islamic! 9/20 #1 in MuslimLoveStory ~ #1 in HalalLove ~ What would you sacrifice for the perfect life? We...
44.6K 1.4K 21
This is the story of Maira Hamza Abbasi and Ayaan Atfat Khan. Maira loved Ayaan from her childhood. In her every prayer and dua she only asked for Ay...
18.3K 860 11
One shots of our favourite couples❤️