Don't Talk To Me | BOOK 3

By honeywriitings

(Prequel to Don't Talk To Anyone) 18 years. Since the world turned black. Since zombies took over the world... More

two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
a/n
characters!

one

1.4K 39 42
By honeywriitings

Riley Murphy
2048

18 years ago the world turned black.

Zombies annihilated the earth, destroying everything and everyone in its path.

Since then, we've been fighting. Killing whatever moves in the night and making sure it can never find us.

We don't look back, ever.

My best friend Gage has been by my side through it all. Our family are closer than ever.

Nothing can break us.

Although some have tried, we've pushed through, barely scraping the tip of the iceberg but we made it.

And we make it every time.

Slipping through the back fence that leads to my house, I open the creaky wooden door, seeing Gage sitting at the table.

He's fiddling with the letter I wrote him, anxiously tapping his foot.

"Where were you?" He asked me, glaring up at me. I shrugged, "Did you not read the letter?"

He slammed his fist down, "I read the damn letter, idiot. You know you're not supposed to leave without someone with you. How can you be so careless?"

I sighed, "We haven't had any attacks in almost 6 months. We're fine."

Gage breathed out and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Yeah, almost. Doesn't mean it won't happen."

Moving past him to the cupboard, I pull out a room temperature water and gulp it down.

"Were you with her again?"

Visibly tensing, I lower my shoulders, "And if I was? It's not a crime, Gage." I spit back.

Gage smirks, "You need to be more careful bro. How do you think Aunty Elle will feel if she sees you cosying up with her 'adopted daughter'."

"Don't say it like that man it's- weird."

I know what you're thinking- "adopted daughter". But not really.

We found Dakota and her brother Levi on the streets, 4 years ago after the second explosion hit. We took them in and ever since, we've been closer than ever.

"It's true." Gage chuckled.

"People like you are the reason I'm on medication." I sighed, rubbing my temples. I give him one last fist bump before heading down the hall to my room.

Pushing open the door, I'm surprised to find the window open.

Slipping my hand to my waistband, I pull the gun out and turn the safety off, holding it by my side.

"Who's there?"

Suddenly, I feel a hand grip my gun and yank it back, my hand getting lurched backwards.

I'm kicked to the floor and I grab the person by the shoulders, pinning them down.

I'm surprised to see my Aunt Elle.

"I'm getting old here bud, you can't keep tackling me." She flinches. I release her and wipe my forehead, "Why do you keep sneak attacking me?" I pant.

"Until I know that you can sense a person, I'll keep going. Watch your back."

Elle was put together in leather pants, a loose fitting white shirt tucked in with a belt and black converse, "Date night or grease 2.0?"

She threw my gun at me, "Shut it. I wanted to dress up today."

I heard her call out to Gage before I saw her shadow leave my room. Un-strapping my gun, I placed it onto my bed.

Heading into the kitchen once again, I see Elle and Gage having a serious discussion. When they see me, they stop.

"Please, don't stop on my account." I huff. Elle rolls her eyes, "Don't be sour. We're just talking about something okay?"

I shrug, "It's fine, Gage will tell me later." I smirk. Gage nods and Elle laughs.

"How's uh- Dakota?" I subtly say. Gage rolls his eyes and I see from the corner of my eye that he's holding back a smile.

"She's fine, why?" Elle questions, "Just wondering." I said too quickly.

"Is there something I should know?" Elle pushes. I shake my head, "No I'm just asking. How's Levi?"

Gage mouths 'nice save' and shakes his head.

Elle looks at me before speaking, "You're a weird dude." She stands up, "Dinner at ours tomorrow. Don't be late."

She leaves through the front door and I shake my head, "We have a lovely family." Gage sighs.

"Tell me about it."

* * *

The next day, I was walking over to Elles house, Gage next to me.

I felt a weird drop in my stomach and stopped for a second, "You okay dude?" Gage asked. I nodded, ignoring it, "Yeah- fine."

We continued to walk and when we pulled up, the feeling was gone.

The house smelt like freshly baked bread and soup. Which is strange because we haven't had power for 10 years.

"What smells like actual food?" Gage smirks, earning a smack from my brother, Alex.

"Be nice you idiots. Elle has worked hard."

Speak of the devil, she comes out with a tray of food that looks perfectly golden. We had made a pizza oven last summer so we could cook our food and it was the best idea ever.

"The bottom is a bit burnt so maybe- don't eat it." She says sheepishly, placing it on the table.

I noticed an empty spot next to Dakota and slyly walked over to it, taking the seat. She noticed my presence and turns her head, smirking at me before turning to face the front.

"Didn't think you'd make it." She said, I shrugged, "You know me. I like to keep people on their toes."

She laughed and I smiled, already feeling better.

We dug into the food and it was actually good, "What is this?" I say with a mouthful of food.

"Last weeks casserole with an extra layer of pasta." Elle smiles.

As we ate, the feeling in my stomach kept returning. I made a face every time my stomach dropped and grimaced.

"Excuse me a moment." I said quietly, standing up. Elle looked at me curiously before I exited the house.

Breathing in some fresh air, I sighed.

"You feel it too huh?" I heard her speak. I nodded, "When is it going to be over?" I ask, turning around.

Elle is rolling on the balls of her feet, hands in her back pockets. She shrugged, "I wish I had the answer."

Ever since I was little, my family has been telling me to trust my gut. And then I learned that Elle and I have the same feelings when something bad is about to happen.

Stomach aches, bad moods and anxiety.

She squeezed my bicep, "Come on, let's go inside."

Just as I stepped inside, tragedy struck.

* * *

omg hi

so, book 3???!!?!!!?

thank u to everyone who said they wanted a THIRD book. it means so much to me!

love u all

- a. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Zero By Cassie

Science Fiction

627K 32.5K 48
The world's gone to hell. People are eating each other. Literally. Eating. Each other. I'm just doing my best to keep myself and the quirky mismatche...
55.6K 2.7K 52
(Sequel to Don't Talk To Strangers) It's been a couple months since the zombies had vanished. No more zombies. No more killings. And no more bad p...
186 12 6
This story is about three teenage girls about 17 who suddenly have to live in a world where a sudden incident happened That started the end of the wo...
443K 17.9K 87
(not edited) "Don't talk to strangers." Everyone says. It's simple. Considering a zombie apocalypse wiped out the entire world in two weeks and now t...