Undaunted

By blithv

"Am I supposed to be afraid of you, sir?" I asked, making eye contact with him through the mirror in front of... More

A/N
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine
Characters
A.N

Seven

15.9K 361 1.5K
By blithv

Friday, November 6, 2020

Emelio LaBeau's P.O.V

It's been two weeks without a word from Kas and it's getting to be too fucking much. All the questions and the concerned glances are beyond irritating. I'm fucking fine, I know she's okay and I know my dad's doing whatever he can to find her, that's all he'll tell me. The bastard says I can't handel any more information than just that and truly it's the bare fucking minimum. Very convenient timing to decide I don't need to know everything.

"She's relatively "safe"." He says.

It's not like we can involve the police, what the fuck are we gonna tell them? 'Hey, my sister's missing, we think she got taken, presumably by another family in the mafia. Oh yea, we're also in the fucking mafia lol, but disregard that and find my sister please.'

My mom cries on a daily basis and Juliette won't stop asking questions even though the only answer she's getting is "she's fine." Sophi is just waiting for me to fucking explode. She's been keeping me distracted in the most random ways, trying to keep me present in some way or another.

She wanted to be Danny and Sandy from Greece for Halloween and I couldn't say no so that's what we did, we stayed in that night and just watched movies and handed candy out to the trick-or-treaters. If Kas had been home she would've dragged us to some party, she knows a lot of people.

Sophi has been the only bright spot but I feel really fucking shitty for her because she knows nothing, I can't even tell her that her best friend is safe because she can't know that I know anything. It's a mess of a fucked up situation. She's been coming over almost every day and just keeping me company and I love her for it but it makes not telling her so hard.

"Good afternoon Adonis." Jules said opening the passenger side door. Our middle names really are fucking sick.

"Good afternoon Athena, any special place you need to be dropped off at or you coming home with me?" I asked, putting the car in reverse and pulling out of the parking spot. I can't wait to graduate in a few months, I fucking hate this place.

"No, just home, I have a lot of stuff to get done." I hated seeing her like this, the bubbly person she usually is just being so dimmed down. She's annoying when she's all happy but I prefer her not shutting up over her looking like she's on the brink of tears all the time, but this is fucking with her, her and Kas are close.

"You doing okay?" I asked.

"As okay as I can be when I don't know where my sister is." She got quiet and then looked up at me. "You're weirdly okay with it all." She finished.

"Dad says she's good, he won't tell me anything else but if shit was going left or there was anything to worry about he'd say something." It's true. I'm as involved as a 17 year old can be in this shit, if anything was really going wrong I would know.

"Who took her? Why? Kassie literally stays out of like everything. What do they want with her?" The questions, god fucking dammit.

"Jules I have no fucking idea, okay? Don't ask me shit. It just worries me to think about it because I don't fucking know."

"You have to know something. Do you not even have a guess? You know more than me and that's for sure nobody fucking tells me shit." Her voice cracked on the last few words and that was all it took.

"I think it has something to do with Xavier, but I'm not sure."

"Our cousin? Why would it have anything to do with him? We haven't seen him in months."

"He's dead Juliette. Dad won't tell me who did it, I assume whoever did do it has Kas."

"But why, what does our family have to do with them, we're cousins, that's it." I take it back, she's being annoying again, it's common fucking sense, if she's not dead yet then what do they need her for.

"Leverage Juliette, god do you ever fucking listen? Leverage is everything, having the upper hand is everything and family is everything, no matter how distant family is family. We have the same grandfather, we're all part of the same fucking system here." I quickly pulled the car into the driveway and put it in park, growing angry with how slow she was being. God she can really be a fucking idiot sometimes.

"But why Kas, why not Andrea? She's Xavier's sister, surely that'd be the better way at getting to his dad."

"His dad isn't at the top of the food chain now is he Juliette? No, he's not, it's Nonno. Our grandfather Juliette. When it comes to leverage you always go as big as you can, apart from his kids, Kas is the way you get to Nonno."

"But why, it doesn't make any sense Milo." God I wish she'd shut up.

I opened the car door, threw my bag over my shoulder and made my way into the house ignoring her calling my name. If I don't walk away I will get stuck in a truly endless loop of her questions.

"Hey mom." I said going over to kiss her on the cheek and walking right up the stairs. I walked past Kas's room and into mine, threw my bag onto my bed and called Sophi.

"Hi baby." She answered, her voice is all I need to hear to feel okay.

"Hi beautiful, are you coming over?" I asked.

"I'm on my way right now, I'll be there at four, ask your mom if she needs me to pick anything up."

"Okay hold on," I paused and ran back down the stairs. "Ma, Soph wants to know if you need her to pick anything up."

"No honey, thank you though, we're all good here!" My mom yelled. I ran back up the stairs and into my room and put the phone in speaker.

"Do you want me to pick anything up babe?" She asked.

"If you want to, I was just going to make us some popcorn and we could watch a movie after you get some homework done."

"I wanted to go out." I could hear her pout through the phone.

"Where'd you wanna go?"

"I just wanna hang out on playland beach."

"If that's what you want then that sounds good baby." I can't say no to her.

"Okay, I'm gonna pick up some snacks and I'll see you in a little bit."

"Okay baby, I'll see you, I love you."

"I love you too baby." No matter how many times I hear it, it never stops sounding so sweet.

I cleaned my room up a bit, took some cups down to the kitchen, threw things into my laundry basket and straightened out my bed. I pulled out a pair of jeans and a black hoodie and a pair of briefs and left them on my bed. I grabbed my phone before making my way to the bathroom and hopping in the shower. I took 15 minutes, got out and got dressed in my room. I threw on a beanie and pulled my wallet out of my backpack and walked down the stairs waiting to get Sophi's "I'm outside" text.

Knock

Knock

Knock

No text this time I guess. I opened the door and made eye contact with the one person that I always look forward to seeing.

"Hi beautiful." I said, pulling her into a hug.

"Hi baby." She said, her voice coming out muffled from her head resting in the crook of my neck. She pulled back and looked up at me, her blue eyes reflecting the sun in the prettiest way and her long blonde hair up in pigtails. "Ready to go?" She asked.

"Yea, do you want me to go up and get you a jacket or are you okay?"

"I'm good." She grabbed my hand and led me back to her car. "I picked up caramel popcorn and some Arizona's and I got you gummy bears." She said opening the passenger side door.

"Am I driving?" I asked.

"I'd prefer it, but if you don't want to I can."

"No baby, it's all good." I placed my hand on her cheek and pulled her in for a quick peck before making my way around the car and hopping in.

"Any news?" I really wish she wouldn't ask.

"No baby, I'm sorry." It's not like I'm lying to her, in this case I wish I was. It's the truth, I don't have any actual information.

"You don't have to apologize, if anything I'm sorry. She's your sister." How do I tell her I'm not worried and that I know she's fine and that she shouldn't worry? How do you actually say that without having to explain yourself after.

"Everything is gonna be fine." I paused and thought about what else I could possibly say if she kept asking questions. "Can we not talk about all that? Please?" I added, hoping she'd drop it and we could just spend some time together, not worrying about everything going wrong.

"Of course." She said with a big smile as we pulled into the parking lot.

"Lead the way." I told her as we got out of the car and popped her trunk open. I grabbed the small purple blanket and the bag of snacks and followed her onto the empty beach. Of course it's empty, who the fuck goes to the beach in November?

We laid on the towel for a few hours. Talked about school and somehow got into plans about the future. That seems to be how all our conversations go, we always end up talking about wanting to be together. It's been two years and everyday just seems to get better, I don't seem myself even being without her. I took a few pictures of her when she wasn't paying attention and texted them to her for her insta, she loves posting that pretty face of hers and I love looking at it.

"It's almost eight o'clock, do you think we should go back?" She asked.

"Yea, maybe. It's a little late for you to drive all the way back to your dorm don't you think?"

"I think it's fine, but I'll stay if you want me to."

"You know I always want you to."

"Sleepover it is." She said with a smile as she got up and walked our trash over to the bin. I got up and shook the sand off the blanket before folding it up. "Alrighty, lets go." She put her hand out for me to take so I did, our hands always fit so well in one another's.

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me.

Her, Kas and Juliette are always listening to One Direction, I can't pretend some of their music isn't good. We drove home in silence, her hand in mine and her looking out the window. When we got home we said hello to my mom and made our way to my room.

"You can borrow some of my clothes like usual or you can go into Kas's and take some of hers." I told her.

"I like yours, pick something out for me. I'm gonna go take my makeup off, I'll be right back." She leaned in and pecked my lips quickly before turning to walk out.

I pulled my clothes off and then pulled on a pair of sweats. I took one of my black tee shirts out for her and left it on my dresser for her to take. When I heard my food open I turned to find her standing there with tears in her eyes.

"Baby, hey, come here." I walked over to her and pulled her into my arms. Fucking dammit, I'm not good at this. "What's wrong baby, what happened?"

"I miss her so much." She cried. "I miss seeing her on campus and...and getting coffee after school. I-I miss driving here with her and going out with her. I just want to know, I want to know she's okay." It breaks my heart to see her this way. I breaks my heart that I can't tell her that I know she's okay.

"She's fine, baby, we'll see her again and she'll be okay when we do. Let's get into bed, okay? You can cry for as long as you want, I'm right here, okay?" I hope I'm saying the right things. I've never been good at this and I don't know if I ever will be. Times like this I wish I was better at it, for her.

She nodded, her hair now out of her pigtails and falling down her back. I grabbed the hem of her sweater and helped pull it off of her. She unbuttoned her jeans as I unfolded my shirt and pulled it over her head. I let her finish dressing herself and made the bed while she did. We got into bed and I just held her, what else could I do?

I'm gonna have to tell her everything at one point or another if I plan on spending the rest of my life with her but it'd be a lot to unpack. How do you tell your girlfriend that at the ripe age of 17 you have bodies? And not the sexual kind. How does one do that?

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, but for now I'll just hold her. I'll just let her know I'm here and that everything is going to be okay and Kas will be home in no time.

I hope.

~~~~

A/N

I thought I'd give you a little glimpse into how her family is doing, not too well.

Like I said last week, I started school on September 4th and I got a job on September 11th (I start on the 15th) I really do have a lot going on so it's going to start taking me just a little longer to have chapters out and I am sorry for that but there's really nothing I can do about it. I am going to try my best to stay on top of my schedule though and keep updating once a week.

Also, if I ever say anything about the characters taking pictures or posting stuff on instagram, they actually do! Whenever I mention their Instagram accounts it's because I actually have posted a new picture on there!!

All love
~ L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 42.1K 59
"Let me go, you sick, twisted, bastard!" I seethed through gritted teeth. I felt an uncontrollable amount of fear rake over my body. I soon began to...
496K 7.9K 40
"Get off of me!" I said to the tall man stood next to me. " Sir what should we do with her?" Suddenly a tall figure towered over me I wouldn't admit...
11.2K 2.7K 17
" Well shoot " he looked shocked by my request. " You're not afraid to die?" I scoffed at his dumb question, isn't my request enough answer? " listen...
5.2K 307 19
The cold barrel presses sharply into my temple. "Go on," I goad. "Isn't this what you do to the people who piss you off?" His gaze hardens. His hand...