Please remind me (who I reall...

By jennierjkim__

Jennie Kim, beautiful Oscar-Winning actress, walks into Lisa Manoban's bookstore. Lisa's clumsy hands think J... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 11

10.3K 458 151
By jennierjkim__

When Lisa stirred in the morning, she was, as usual, waking up surrounded by Jennie. She had learned that Jennie loved to snuggle while she slept, and this morning was no exception. Today, the cover had been kicked almost to the bottom of the bed and she was lying on her side, leaning against Lisa, one arm under Lisa's neck, and the other clutching her hip possessively. Her hair was fanned across the pillow, and her face was tilted towards Lisa, her lips still looking a little swollen.

A wide smile stretched across her face as the memories of the middle of the night washed through her mind. After they'd fallen asleep, Jennie had woken up again two hours later, and kissed Lisa gently on the cheek. Lisa had been awake in an instant and had rolled almost on top of Jennie. Both of them had laughed into their kisses and they'd made love again, frantically at first, and then tenderly, until the earliest light of dawn had peeked through the curtains.

Lisa stretched and felt the delicious burn in her muscles, enjoying the feel of it and the knowledge of who had caused it even more. She looked over at Jennie, sweeping her eyes down as far as she could see without moving. On Jennie's neck, chest, and parts of her stomach were several little love bites and suck marks that had remained, as they'd grown bolder throughout the night. Lisa knew without looking that her own body had even more marks on it, and she enjoyed the thought of being claimed by Jennie in that way. It was funny, she thought. She'd never liked that feeling before, but with Jennie, it was different. Everything with Jennie was different. Lisa felt like her whole body was smiling.

Grabbing her phone from the nightstand, she opened her messaging app.

Lisa: Good morning Roseanne!!!!

Rosé: You got laid didn't you

Lisa: Rosé!

Lisa: Maaaaybe

Rosé: You deserve this happiness, Lisa. You both do :)

Lisa smiled at her phone. Trust Rosé to be supportive; she'd never truly known her to be anything but. Lisa adored her sister. She could make any bad situation better, and any good situation the best.

Lisa: Thanks Rosé!!! I'm excited! This feels so different

Rosé: Let me know when the wedding is

Lisa: Rosé!! By the way what time do you finish working today? We'll try to be dressed by that time!! ;) do you want to go out for dinner, the four of us?

Jennie snuffled a little in her sleep, and Lisa looked over at her. In sleep, Jennie's face lost some of the sharpness that her jaw and cheekbones afforded it. She was soft. Lisa put her phone on the nightstand and leant and kissed the tip of Jennie's nose, causing Jennie to wake up.

"Good morning, darling," she mumbled in a croaky voice, before chuckling and clearing her throat. "Let me try that again. Good morning, my darling," Jennie said, stroking her hand down Lisa's face slowly.

Lisa smiled and stretched as far as she could, yawning widely. "Good morning Miss Kim," she said. "How are you feeling today?"

Jennie narrowed her eyes playfully at Lisa. "Sore."

"Oh dear," Lisa said in a pitying voice. "How does a bath sound? Maybe it'll soothe those aches, old lady."

Jennie slapped Lisa's arm lightly. "You're older than I am! But a bath does sound good. I'll race you. See if you can keep up on those doddery old legs of yours." And, with vigor Lisa didn't know anyone possessed after just waking up, Jennie vaulted over her and out of bed, backing towards the door in all her naked glory with a wolfish smile on her face.

Lisa slowly kicked the covers off her feet, swung her legs to the edge of the bed, and placed her feet leisurely on the floor. Standing up, she stretched again, luxuriously, this time flexing a little and making sure that she accentuated the parts of her body she knew Jennie liked the best. She smirked as she watched Jennie's gaze darken, and walked over to the door, almost backing Jennie into it.

When she reached her, Jennie looked up at her. Lisa placed her hands on Jennie's waist, feeling her twitch under her touch, and Jennie sighed, resting her head on Lisa's shoulder. Lisa ran her hands up Jennie's torso slowly, taking care to pay extra attention to each of Jennie's breasts as she passed them, before sliding her hands through Jennie's hair and gripping it tightly. They stared at each other for a few seconds, before Jennie closed the distance between them and crashed their lips together. Jennie's back hit the door with a thump and a groan as Lisa pressed her hips into her, keeping her hands in her hair.

Jennie gripped Lisa's ass with her hands, and pulled her flush against her. When she felt Jennie bite her lip, she growled and pulled away from the kiss, Jennie trying to chase her.

Lisa knelt quickly on the floor, balancing Jennie with one arm and pulling her left leg over her shoulder. The cry Jennie let out and the sound of her hand slapping the door as Lisa ran her tongue through Jennie's slick heat was worth the pain the hard floor caused in her knees. And the eventual loud groan of pleasure Jennie let out as she came with one hand in Lisa's hair and the other over her mouth was worth Jennie winning the race to the door.

-----

By the time they'd both climbed out of the bath, clean and sated by each other for the moment, Rosé still hadn't responded to her text. Rather than have Rosé catch either of them naked, they both put on a new pair of sleep shorts and t-shirts, Jennie's displaying a rainbow wave across the front. Jennie fried them a breakfast while Lisa laid the table and put some coffee on for both of them. Neither of them bothered to put any shoes on, and just padded around the house, touching each other gently as they passed one another.

Jennie had cooked a double portion of bacon for Lisa, and yet, even once she'd finished eating all of hers, Jennie caught her eyeing up the bacon on her own plate, so she speared it with her fork and passed it over. Lisa rewarded her with a kiss to her knuckles, which made Jennie blush.

Once breakfast had been eaten, they hadn't made any plans to go anywhere, so they retired to the lounge. Lisa opened the Fellowship of the Ring again, while Jennie picked up her script, lay back against Lisa, and made little notes in the margins. They passed a quiet couple of hours like this, sipping coffee, occasionally getting up for a snack, and cuddling up with each other.

It was nice, Lisa thought. It was more than nice. This seemed like the perfect way to spend a Friday. Lisa had always been of the opinion that when a relationship was building, if you were able to sit in comfortable silence with each other, then that was a really good sign. She was perfectly happy to sit here with Jennie, enjoying her company. Doing nothing with Jennie was... everything. As that thought went through her mind, she put her book down, slid down a little and wrapped her arms around Jennie, who threw her script to the end of the sofa and turned until she had one leg either side of Lisa's lap, and planted a little kiss to the corner of Lisa's mouth.

Before long, Lisa had pulled Jennie's hair out of the high ponytail she'd put it in and mussed it up for her, Jennie protesting without any real conviction, and kissed her deeply. Lisa was mindful that Rosé could show up at any moment, so didn't let it go too far on the sofa, but she was thrilled that Jennie had forgone a bra this morning, and just as their breathing was getting heavier, was just reaching up Jennie's top, the doorbell rang.

Lisa groaned, wondering who it could be; she wasn't expecting anyone except Rosé, and Rosé would've used her key. At any rate, Jennie Kim was sitting in her lap, so whoever it was could wait. Just as Jennie bucked her hips against Lisa's and whispered in her ear that she wanted to take her upstairs, the doorbell rang again. Lisa frowned as it rang a third time, glancing at Jennie.

"I'm sorry, I should really check to see who that is if they're being this persistent," she said, irritation at being interrupted clear in her voice.

"It's okay," Jennie replied, kissing her gently, and climbing out of Lisa's lap, and holding out her hand to pull Lisa up. They walked to the kitchen together, Jennie staying in the kitchen to pour herself a glass of water now that she'd worked out how to coax the explosive tap into slaking her thirst. Lisa took a look at her; Jennie looked delectable standing there in her little pajamas, her hair a disheveled mess, reading glasses on her nose, and a gentle smile on her face. The doorbell rang again, and in her annoyance, Lisa didn't stop to pick up anything to throw over her pajamas before stomping down the hallway, unlocking the door, and throwing it open.

Immediately, a cacophony of noise assaulted her senses as at least thirty people started shouting at once, holding huge cameras up, and the flashes were blinding. Lisa was so startled that she just stood there for a couple of seconds before practically diving back inside the house and slamming the door shut, leaning against it heavily. What the hell?!

Before she had a chance to move away from the door, or think about the meaning of the loud group of people her frazzled mind assumed were the press, Jennie came down the hallway, giving her a quizzical look.

"Who's there? I heard raised voices. Did someone shout at you?" she asked, sounding both concerned and angry at the thought of someone shouting at Lisa.

"N-no," Lisa squeaked, moving away from the door towards Jennie.

Jennie gave her a look that plainly told her that she didn't believe her, before darting around the door and reaching for the handle. "I won't have anyone shouting at you Lisa," she said, turning the handle.

"No, Jennie, don't!" Lisa shouted in a panicked voice, but she wasn't able to reach the door in time to stop Jennie from opening it.

Jennie pulled the door open to reveal the press. Calls of "Miss Kim!" and "Jennie! Over here!" sounded as flashes went off from the cameras all around them. Jennie was a little faster at retreating back into the house and slamming the door. Lisa stared at Jennie, her arms hanging uselessly at her side.

Lisa quailed at the look on Jennie's face; it was a mask of anger, her jaw working, her cat eyes bright and clearly furious when she looked quickly at Lisa, before she stalked quickly back up the stairs. Lisa made sure the door was locked before racing up the stairs after Jennie, who had gone into the lounge.

Jennie looked at her before passing a hand over her face, then pinching the bridge of her nose. "They got photos of you... looking like that?" she said, not looking at Lisa.

"Yes," Lisa said in a small voice.

"And they saw me like this..." Jennie said, looking down at herself, the rainbow displayed across her chest, and then across at Lisa. "You have hickeys on your neck," she stated flatly. "And I know I do as well. We look like we just got out of bed." Her voice sounded emotionless, and Lisa didn't like it.

On the sofa, both Jennie's work cell and her personal cell were ringing. Lisa only now realized that Jennie had outright given Lisa her own personal number rather than her work number at the hotel, and the understanding made Lisa's heart thump hard in her chest.

Jennie picked up the work cell and answered it with a sharp, "Jennie Kim." Lisa flinched at the severe tone her voice had taken. "Yes, they've found out where I am. A house in Williamsburg," and she rattled off the address. "No, I have no idea how they found out," she said, glancing over at Lisa before turning her attention back to the call. "Someone must have told the press. I can't do anything about it right now. I'm stuck... yes, they're swarming outside the door... well, no, I have no idea how long they've been there- no, I don't know," Jennie snapped. Lisa felt sorry for whoever was on the other end of the call. Jennie's voice was rising in her upset, her Irish accent slipping in every now and again, but Lisa was too alarmed by the sudden circumstances to take any pleasure in it.

Lisa left Jennie to her phone call and went upstairs, her whole body shaking with adrenaline. She wanted to peek out of the window, but didn't in case someone spotted her. In her bedroom, she picked up her cell that she'd left there earlier, noticing that she had several missed calls from Rosé and twelve messages from her asking her to call her immediately, as well as a few messages from Jisoo also telling her to call Rosé. Hurriedly, she pulled on some jogging bottoms and a hoody before rushing back downstairs. The doorbell sounded like it was being leaned on and Lisa considered taking a screwdriver to the electrics just to shut the noise off. Jennie was just hanging up the phone when she reached the bottom of the stairs. Jennie tossed her phone on the sofa and looked over at her.

"I'm-" Lisa started.

"Lisa," Jennie said, her voice oddly calm, her face carefully blank, and it put Lisa on edge. "I'm sorry, but I have to ask this. Did you tell the press where I was?"

"Of course not! Jennie! I wouldn't do that. Why would I?" Lisa asked, knowing that the question needed to be asked, but feeling offended at it anyway. "What possible reason could I have t-"

"Oh, I don't know. Exposure for yourself, for your shop," Jennie suggested coldly, throwing her hands in the air. "This benefits you in every way. You run an LGBT bookstore. You're fucking Jennie Kim," spitting her own name out as if it tasted bad, "notoriously quiet about her private life. Confirmation that I'm gay would be worth a lot of money to the paparazzi outside. And they've got photo evidence-"

Lisa felt her own fury rise in her. How could Jennie think that she would sell her out like this? "They don't know what we were doi-" Lisa cut in, but Jennie interrupted her in turn.

"You have a giant hickey on your neck, Lisa. We both look like we just rolled out of bed. They're going to come to the right conclusion and in the media, they can spin things however they want, especially if they have photos. Trust me, I'm about to be outed on every major news network in this country and beyond, unless my team can shut this down." Jennie started pacing up and down the kitchen, frantically running her hands through her hair, anger twisting her face.

Lisa watched Jennie pace for a minute, and tried to calm herself down. She knew Jennie's anger was justified, and that she'd had to ask the question. That didn't stop her feel affronted that Jennie had accused her of essentially selling a story about her, using her for her own benefit. She tried to swallow her own feelings about it for a moment.

She stepped in front of Jennie, causing her to stop and look up at her. Lisa was surprised to see her cat eyes swimming in tears. She tried to take Jennie's hand, but Jennie shook her off, stepped around her, and continued to pace, sniffing occasionally. Lisa watched her, pain in her heart from both from what was happening, and from Jennie suggesting that she could've been the one to do this to her. As if this last week of spending time together had all been some kind of lie. Lisa stewed in her thoughts as she watched Jennie pace, tension building in her shoulders.

Finally, Jennie stopped, and cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry, Lisa. I didn't mean to lash out like that, I- of course I don't think it was you. You wouldn't- you... um," she stuttered, a tear running down her cheek. "I don't mean to take this out on you. It's not your fault- I don't know who did this, but I- I- fuck, I'm doing this all wrong."

Jennie strode up to Lisa and stopped in front of her, looking smaller than Lisa had ever seen her. "I don't want there to be any misunderstanding here," she said Lisa snorted in derision, and Jennie looked sad at the sound of it. "No, I want to be clear. This is important to me. I don't want what happened last time to happen again. I think we- I think you and I are... my darling, I don't think you did this. I don't think it was you," she said firmly. "I lashed out, I'm sorry. I do that when I'm stressed, and I don't think before I speak. It was wrong of me." This time, she was the one who tried to take Lisa's hand, but Lisa yanked it out of her reach, setting Jennie off-balance.

"Jennie, you don't get to just... lash out at me when you think I've done something wrong and just expect me to take it. It's not fair. It's hurtful," she said, her voice breaking, and Jennie's hands twitched as if she went to reach for Lisa, but stopped herself. "You don't get to just- fuck, Jennie, your first thought was that I had sold you to the press, as if on some level you thought I was capable of it, otherwise your mind wouldn't have jumped to that so fast. Has this last week really meant so little to you?!" Lisa exclaimed, feeling tears fill her own eyes.

"Lisa!"

"Do you think I would actually do that to you?"

"No, I don't!" Jennie burst out. "Lisa, I- these past few days have been the best of my life and- I've loved being here. I've loved being around you, and Rosé and Jisoo when they've been here. I know the circumstances of what brought me here were bad but you- despite that, I- you're the most genuine person I've ever met. I care so much about you. I think I would really love us to be-"

"To be what, Jennie?" Lisa interjected, not unkindly.

Jennie looked hesitant, as if she were no longer sure she what she was going to say would be well-received. "Would you... would you even want to be with me, Lisa?" she asked, carefully watching Lisa's face. "I thought that maybe- my whole life is falling apart around my ears. You're the one thing in it that's right, my darling. The press being here right now, finding out about me, is the worst timing ever." Jennie sighed, reaching out for Lisa, and this time, Lisa took her hand. Jennie's breath hitched as she led them to the sofa and sat them down. Her face was distraught, and she swiped at the tears on her cheeks.

"Aside from the fact that the topless photos of me are circulating and my team is still trying to bury that video, my being publicly outed could potentially end my career as I know it," she said quietly. "I know that the world is more progressive than it was but... even now, once an actor comes out, especially once they reach a certain level... they get typecast. Or the roles that may have gone to them will go to someone else. The scripts slow down, or stop. Or change entirely." Several more tears spilled down Jennie's face, and Lisa's heart felt like it was cracking. "This career is where I came to get away from what happened with my father, with my family, the... I built it myself, outside of the Kim name and all the stigma that comes with it. This is what I had to call my own. And the press is going to take it from me," she said, almost choking on her words in the effort to get them out.

Lisa felt her own anger evaporate. Jennie was right, of course. This was bigger than just them, bigger than Jennie lashing out; it was Jennie's whole life under the microscope. Most people did their coming out in private. Most people didn't have the entire world watching them, dissecting their lives. Jennie was very likely going to have to come out in front of the world's press. And it was never going to leave her alone.

Jennie seemed to be struggling with what she wanted to say next, and Lisa rubbed gentle circles into her wrists and kept Jennie's hands in her lap. Jennie sighed. "Lisa, I- these last few days, this last while of knowing you... I feel like we are... you're more than a friend to me. I'd understand if you didn't want- if you thought this would be too hard. My life has become a colossal mess. I'm not in a position to offer you a relationship right now... I want to be, so much, but this process is... I think I need to do it alone," Jennie's voice cracked. "What I said about this feeling real to me, I meant it. I mean it. I don't want to let go of this, of you. You're the realest thing I've ever known. You're the sunshine in the dark, shut-off corners of my life. And... I'd love to see what we could be if- if... if you wanted me, too... I just can't... right now," Jennie finished, by now looking very shy, and so very, very sad.

While Jennie was speaking, images from the last few days were flashing through Lisa's mind. Jennie showing up at her door, nobody else's. Reading on the sofa. Curled against Lisa watching TV. Cooking breakfast for them both in her pyjamas. Entwined with her in bed, snoring softly against some part of Lisa. Coming with her to work. Hanging out with Rosé and Jisoo, all of them laughing over lines in her script. Her hair disheveled and her beautiful cat eyes dark and looking at Lisa as if she was the best thing she'd ever seen. The way she looked when she was completely undone by Lisa's hands or tongue. The way she smiled whenever Lisa walked into a room.

Jennie was looking uncertainly at her, obviously not sure how her words had been received by Lisa, and Lisa could feel her hands shaking minutely under hers.

"Are you asking me to wait for you while you do this, Jennie?" she murmured, shifting closer to Jennie and wrapping her arm around her shoulders.

Lisa felt the moment that Jennie let go of some of the tension. Her shoulders dropped and her body seemed to sag in the middle, with relief, Lisa hoped. "Yes," Jennie whispered, looking down, speaking to her knees. "I know it's not fair of me to ask that of you, darling, but... I need some time to figure everything out." Lisa lifted Jennie's chin with her finger, bringing cat eyes up to meet hers. Jennie's eyes were shining with tears and hope, and as Lisa leaned towards her, she covered the distance and kissed her almost desperately. Lisa could taste the tears on Jennie's lips, and she brought her hands up to wipe them away from her cheeks.

Lisa leaned her forehead against Jennie's. "Then I'll try, Jennie Kim. As much as you say I'm sunshine, you're the moonlight in mine. You make all the mundane things magical."

"It's not going to be easy, Lisa... being with m- well, waiting for me while I'm going through this. I'm filming for six weeks, at the very least, and I don't know what's going to happen with the press. I'll try to be in touch as much as I can but I- I don't know-"

"It's okay, Jennie," Lisa said, kissing Jennie again quickly. "We'll figure it out. We just need to be honest with each other, okay?"

"Of course," Jennie replied, wiping at the tears on her face. "Ugh, I don't think I've ever cried so much in my life aside from this week and when I found out what my father had done. I must look such a mess..."

Lisa scoffed. "You look beautiful, as always. Even with bloodshot eyes."

Jennie let out a wet laugh and leaned against Lisa, who wrapped her arms around her.

As they were sitting there, Lisa heard her front door open and Rosé shouting at the press. "Get out of my way before I shove that camera somewhere the sun doesn't shine, you idiotic fucker. No, I live here! Get the hell off my stoop!"

Lisa's eyes widened as the front door slammed shut hard enough to rattle the windows, and Rosé stomped up the stairs, frantically calling her name.

"In here," she called back.

Rosé popped her head into the lounge, and didn't seem surprised at all to see Jennie's tear-stained face. To Lisa's surprise, Rosé dropped her bag on the floor and dragged the armchair over so that she could sit in front of Jennie.

"Rosé?" Lisa questioned.

"Jennie, I'm so sorry!" Rosé started, ignoring Lisa. "It was me who somehow... let the cat out of the bag, indirectly. I- shit. Okay, from the start," she said, brushing her hands through her hair quickly before shaking her hands out. "Okay. I was texting Lisa this morning and I- well, I was also texting a colleague of mine, Rhea, about something. At the same time. Anyway Lisa asked me what time I'd be home from work, and I guess she wanted to know for... er, reasons, and so I sent back a text that said I'd- wait, let me read it so you know the exact wording," and she fished around in her bag until she brought her cell out. She looked back up at Jennie, who was giving Rosé her full attention. "I said, I'll be home around 2pm. I hope I won't be interrupting anything that you and a certain Miss Kim are getting up to. But instead of sending it to you, I sent it to Rhea. And I guess I... I guess I've mentioned that my sister is sorta seeing someone called Jennie although I never mentioned your last name, I swear," she said, looking at Jennie with apology written all over her face.

"Oh Rosé," Lisa sighed, as she felt Jennie's hand twitch in hers.

"And I guess she remembered your first name, and put two and two together. She's kind of a bitch anyway, she was already arguing with me about whether I should be taking her Christmas shift when it's only June and I worked it last year, but anyway, I wouldn't put it past her to tell the press just to make some extra money but I swear, Jennie, I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't tell anyone, and neither would Jisoo. I didn't even know how badly this had gone until I got home and there was this swarm of vultures at the doorstep. I tried to call you as soon as I realized I'd sent the message to the wrong person and everyone in the hospital was giving me strange looks."

To Lisa's shock, Rosé actually looked close to tears. In Lisa's mind, Rosé was a badass. She knew a hundred different ways to beat someone in a sparring match, what with her black belts in several martial arts, could work through the hardest days in the ER, could take care of everyone and everything around her. But Rosé also wore her heart on her sleeve, and she was sensitive, kind, generous, and selfless, and Lisa would be forever grateful that it had been Rosé who'd taken care of her when she'd first arrived in New York City. She'd found a sister, a family, in Rosé and Hyori, and the bond was very strong. But never had Lisa seen Rosé upset about someone Lisa was "sorta seeing."

Lisa reached over and took Rosé's hand with one of hers and squeezed, connecting all three of them. Jennie, after a little hesitation, did the same.

"It's okay, Rosé- well it's not really okay, but it's done and I'll deal with it. I know you wouldn't have done it on purpose. Your sister would've killed you," she added with a watery smile.

The doorbell rang again at the same time as Jennie's work cell started to ring. Jennie squeezed both of their hands again before clearing her throat and picking it up. "Yes?" she answered, a slight tremor in her voice. "Okay. Thank you. I'll be down shortly." Hanging up the phone, she looked at Lisa. "I'm sorry... my driver is here to pick me up. I'll need to go and... start to sort this out before I leave for Utah on Monday. I hate to have to leave, but I- well, I'm going to have to make a lot of phone calls and maybe work on some press releases, or something. I'm not sure. I have to talk to my publicist and my PR person. I've got a feeling that I'm about to have some very unpleasant meetings. And I can't really do that from here," she said with a downcast face, as if she'd actually love nothing better than to stay here, hiding out from the world in Lisa's bedroom until this all blew over.

"I'll give you two some privacy," Rosé said, standing up and nodding at both of them. "I'll see you, Jennie."

When Rosé had headed upstairs and they heard her bedroom door close, Lisa blew out a breath. "I guess we should... get your stuff together," she said, sadness filling her tone. Jennie immediately cupped Lisa's face with both hands and kissed her gently.

"I'm sorry," she said again. "I wish we had more time to talk about this, but-"

"You have to go, I know," Lisa murmured.

Standing up, Jennie picked up her script that lay abandoned on the sofa, and they climbed the stairs to Lisa's bedroom. Jennie began gathering the things she had left around, shoving the laptop and any underwear she'd left lying around in her bag haphazardly. No longer shy around Lisa, she stripped off her pajamas and likewise shoved them in her bag, pulling on the clothes and shoes that she'd been wearing when she arrived. At least if she had her hood up and sunglasses on her face, the press wouldn't get a good photo of her when she left. And although Lisa spotted Jennie surreptitiously stuffing one of Lisa's well-worn hoodies into her bag as well, she pretended not to notice.

When she'd got everything, Jennie took one last look around Lisa's bedroom, knowing she wouldn't be back for a while. Lisa saw her eyes settle on the Degas print once more, before her gaze landed on Lisa. They looked at each other for a few moments, before the doorbell rang again through the silent house and made them both jump.

Lisa smiled briefly, before taking Jennie's hand firmly in hers. "Come on," she said, pulling Jennie along behind her slowly. When they got downstairs and into the hallway next to the bike, Jennie stopped. "What is it?" Lisa asked.

Jennie didn't say anything, but dropped her bag on the ground and yanked Lisa towards her by the straps of her pajama top. Lisa was expecting the kiss to be hard, but Jennie's lips were soft, gentle on hers. Although they had shared many kisses by now, they hadn't had a kiss so slow, so tender, and it brought tears to Lisa's eyes. Lisa's heart hurt for the pain Jennie was going through, the loss and betrayals she had endured, the heartache she was about to suffer, and yet... and yet she still had so much gentleness in her. Lisa wondered... how could someone who has endured so much still be so... open, so willing to risk her heart, so good? Jennie backed herself into the wall, pulling Lisa along with one hand on the small of her back. Lisa took the hint and pressed her against the wall, pushing them as close together as they could get.

"I'm going to miss you," Jennie whispered against Lisa's lips. "No matter what happens, please know that I want you in all the ways a person can want another. I'll try and call whenever I can."

And then, with one last hug, Jennie opened the door, and the raucous crowd outside was suddenly louder as her bodyguard stepped up to her and whisked her through the crowd towards a waiting car. Lisa let the door swing closed behind her, cutting the noise to a distant roar, and leaving her in the now silent house. Without Jennie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

313K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
308K 13.9K 26
Ella doesn't think she knew what love was until she met Jennie and Lisa. After years in foster care Ella has learned not to get her hopes up, but he...
7.9K 249 29
the story Is about this austrialian boy who moves to Korea, but will not expect that he will have to change person and personality in order not to be...
681K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...