one of the boys » david dobri...

By messydobrik

Camilla White took the first open room she could find after discovering her boyfriend of five years had been... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty

thirty five

1.1K 42 9
By messydobrik

CAMILLA

"I'm gonna need y'all to get off the couch if you're going to infect it with anything," Zane warned as he entered the living room, probably to make himself a hangover meal. Our date was their night out, meaning we'd been awake and chilling in the living room for a few hours before anyone even made themselves known.

"We sit on the couch together all the time," I rolled my eyes.

"Not as a... couple," he turned his nose up as he said it. "Wait, are you a couple yet?"

I looked at David, who smiled all too cheesily back at me. He looked up to Zane to say, "Yeah."

I added, "He's my bitch."

"Unsurprising," Zane laughed. "Can I come and watch a movie with you guys, or are you going to do something nasty under the blanket? Wait a second, have you had sex on our couch?"

"No, Zane, I'm not a heathen," I rolled my eyes at his dramatics. "And yes, you can watch a movie. We can cuddle, if you want,"

"Don't think your little boyfriend will be too happy with that," he wiggled his finger in David's direction as he continued into the kitchen. "Let me make some easy mac."

"He's right," David said under his breath so Zane couldn't hear, his hand around my waist pulling me closer to him. "Just with me from now on."

"Boring," I joked, and he frowned. "I'm kidding. You're the best cuddler anyways."

"What do you want to watch?"

"Something scary, but I'll just let Zane pick. I usually like what he likes," I responded. "Might fall asleep, to be honest. I'm comfy."

"That's fine. I won't move."

"You're the best," I beamed at him, and something in his face shifted. I couldn't tell you what it was or why he seemed to glow when I said that, but he looked so pretty that I didn't say anything to stop it.

DAVID

"We need to talk," I sat down with Natalie the first chance I got to leave the house. My nerves had been eating me alive since that fucking lazy day with Camilla after our date, and I had finally got the alone time to call the one person I knew could help me. Natalie was smart and reasonable. Natalie could fix this.

"Jesus, dude, you've been in a relationship for three days. How have you already messed up?" she laughed as she stirred her coffee. She didn't bother buying me one, even though she got here first.

"I didn't mess up," I rolled my eyes. "I just need help. I'm confused."

"If you're about to tell me you don't know if you like her or not, I'm going to slap the shit out of you," she warned, her face way too serious for my liking. "She doesn't deserve that. Millie's an angel."

"That's the opposite of my problem," I started messing with my fingertips because I didn't want to look at her. "I think I'm in love with her. That's my problem. I don't know how to tell."

"Shut the fuck up," she slammed her drink onto the counter, sparking stares from the nice people of the coffee shop who were just trying to get work done. "Shut the fuck up."

"I don't know what you want me to say," I shrugged with a chuckle because that was all I knew to do. "Can you help me or what?"

"Help you with what?"

"I don't know," I whined and slammed my head against the table. "Do you think I do?"

"When did you come to this realization?" she asked, and I almost thanked God that she finally started the interrogation. This was what I wanted.

"Um, we were laying in the living room on the couch, and she looked up at me and she smiled, and she said something, but I don't know what because I literally couldn't hear her. Like, my brain blacked out or something looking at her face, and I just felt like... you know when you see a dirty puppy get rescued and the last clip of the video is the same puppy all clean and happy and running around? It was that feeling. Like, my chest was warm. Like when you see a baby monkey and it's so cute and you don't know what to do with yourself and you just want to squeeze it. I don't know. Is that love?"

"Jesus Christ, David," Natalie shook her head with a smile. "She has really got to you, huh?"

"Is that a yes?"

"I think so," she nodded. "Do you?"

"Yes. To be honest, I just wanted someone to tell me I wasn't crazy for thinking it so early."

"I mean, that doesn't mean you're not crazy," Natalie warned, and my eyes shot up to look at her. "What? It's true. You might scare her off if you tell her you love her. You've only been dating for, like, half a week."

"We've basically been dating since Thanksgiving," I tried, but she shook her head at me.

"That's not what she thinks. She was going on dates with Matt even after Thanksgiving. Plus, she's kind of damaged from her past relationship. She seems like the type that would hold out for a while before she even thinks about love," she was being way too logical right now, and it was scaring me. My face told her that, so she added, "I could try and talk to her if you want? I'll let us have a little girls' day and we can see how it goes. She'll probably just end up telling me whatever she's feeling anyways. That's what girls do."

"You'd do that?"

"Of course," she smiled. "I'm not just going to let you blindly embarrass yourself, David. I'm a good friend."

"Thank you," I let out a sigh of relief. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Die, probably."

"... yeah."

CAMILLA

"So..."

Natalie had been with me for almost an hour, and so far, she had only talked about how Corinna and Todd were apparently on a break and how Todd had slid into her DMs and wanted to talk to her. I didn't really care about the whole love triangle situation going on, knowing that Todd was a piece of shit and Corinna just gave me a headache, but just like she was my only girl friend, I was also hers, so I listened.

"So what?" I laughed as I pulled out yet another stray onion in my salad. The workers at this place really didn't listen to me, but it wasn't too difficult of a fix.

"How are things going with David?" she smiled all too cheesily. I know your one week anniversary is tomorrow."

"I don't think that's as big of a deal as you're making it out to be," I chuckled. "But yeah, things are good. He's kind of an angel, so it'd be hard for things to be bad, you know?"

"So you're in love with him?" she came right out and said it, and my jaw dropped. How did she always know? I was beginning to think this girl was psychic.

"Why do you think that?"

"Just a guess," she shrugged, but I could see her trying to hide her smirk. "You just seem like you are. You can tell me. I'm not gonna say shit to him."

"Natalie," I put my fork down to get into serious mode. "Seriously, don't tell him. But... yeah. I really tried not to because I feel like it's so creepy and offputting for me to just be like I love you so early, but he's so sweet that it's so hard. Every time he does something nice for me, I want to tell him. It's bad. Don't tell him."

"I'm not gonna tell him!" she repeated herself, her smile growing. "Millie, that's so exciting! You're in love! With a good boy!"

"You don't have to be so loud," I dropped my eyes to my salad to stop the stares of the other restaurant patrons.

"So... you're just going to wait until he says it for you to say it?" she asked, and I pondered that question for a moment.

"I guess," I shrugged. "I'm not going to say it first. He'd probably freak the fuck out."

"Okay. What a plan."

I couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic, but it was too much for me to handle, so I changed the subject back to Todd. For some reason, that conversation made my nerves about telling David that much worse. It was crazy for me to love David, especially since we had only been official for less than a week.

The next day, we all went out to Triple B for our usual Friday night festivities. It was so different now that David and I could be openly all over each other, and we were often yelled at by our friends to stop kissing before they had to kill us. They eventually ditched us so that they wouldn't have to deal with it.

Little did I know, across the bar, they were still talking about us.

"Do you think they know they're in love with each other?" Jeff asked Natalie, who raised her eyebrows with a smile.

"Not yet... but I'm going to let them work that out for themselves."

Hello everyone im going to a CAT CAFE TODAY whos excited for me

Xoxo abby

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.6K 42
"I feel lost."
295K 8.1K 78
━━━ ★.*。・゚✫*. 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ! "so this is the notorious david dobrik?" "the one and only" finding love i...
2K 34 28
On a day, I watched out of my window. We got new neighbours. A boy got out of the car. A handsome boy. More? You don't have to know. Just read it. It...
7.1K 260 22
Peridot was starting her first year of college. She knew that this would be a bad year. with her anxiety and depression she was bound to be made fun...