The Boy Who Had a Choice (D.M)

By _LilsWrites

Olivia Dagon had expected many things from her final two years at Hogwarts, but falling in love with the boy... More

Important Info
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36

Part 15

8K 173 228
By _LilsWrites

It had been just over a month since Draco left the hospital wing and he seemed more drawn away from me than ever. One minute we would be fine, cuddling and kissing like normal couples do and then the next minute he would snap at me, causing us to argue over nothing. That boy was so incredibly smart, yet he still didn't know how to deal with any of his feelings, I suppose you don't when you grow up with parents like his. I didn't love him any less because of it though. Sometimes my heart physically hurt with how much I loved him and cared for him, I felt incredibly selfish for allowing myself to be loved by Draco, I knew deep down I would never ever deserve it.

"Fancy a study session in the library tonight or are you meeting him again?" Neville asked, his jaw clenching as he couldn't even bring himself to say Draco's name.

I sighed, looking at him. I understood, I really did. They didn't see the side of him that I did, they just saw him as the boy who bullied them for years and now works for the Dark Lord but, that didn't stop it hurting any less when my own friends refused to acknowledge the existence of my boyfriend. "It won't kill you to say his name Neville, but yeah sorry I'm seeing him tonight, how about tomorrow?" I replied.

"Sure thing," he said, his mouth twitching as he held back his anger. I didn't have official plans to see Draco tonight but our usual routine for the last month involved me eating dinner in the Great Hall with my friends and then spending the rest of the night with him. It was the only way I could see him as he never leaves his dorm room anymore. I hurried after him into the great hall trying to keep up with his long legs, sitting myself down opposite him at our normal spot with the rest of our friends.

I devoured my food as quickly as possible, cringing at the awkward silences that now plagued the table. I think Lola was the only person who still trusted me, even then I wasn't sure. I honestly couldn't blame them. I got up and left as soon as I had finished my plate and headed straight for Draco's room.

I was immediately pulled into a tight hug as I entered his room and I wrapped my arms around his waist to embrace him back. He pulled away, lifting my chin up with his fingers as he kissed me softly before walking off to his dresser. He was fresh out of the shower, towel wrapped around his waist, his damp hair falling into his face. I climbed onto his bed, lying on my front as I watched him get dressed in usual all black attire. He smirked at me and I batted my eyelashes at him innocently, admiring the way his hands moved as he finished buttoning up his jacket. He was so beautiful.

I sat up on my knees as he walked over to me, taking my face in hands and I pouted when he didn't kiss me, just looking into my eyes as he ran his thumb over my cheek.

"I need you to do something for me," he said.

I swallowed, noting the dread that filled his eyes. "That depends what it is," I said, trying to ease the tension with a smirk.

"I need you to stay in my room tonight. Do not leave or go anywhere else. Just stay in here until I come back."

"What?" My stomach tightened.

"Please, Liv. Promise me you'll stay here until I come back and get you?"

"What's going on Draco?" I asked

He sighed, running his hands through his hair when I pulled away from him. "Do you trust me?" His voice trembled.

"Yes of course I do, Draco. But please talk to me, tell me what the hell has got you so worked up that you want to lock me in your room!" I exclaimed.

"I can't!" He almost shouted at me.

"Why not? I can help you through this." I reach out for his hand, but he pulled away from me.

"No you can't Olivia. I love you too fucking much to get you involved in this" I frowned at him, he couldn't even look at me properly. "Oh gods, I can't do this." he muttered over and over again quietly to himself as he paced up and down his bedroom. I just sat there watching him, not knowing how I could help him.

"Draco..." I whispered.

"What?" he snapped at me and I flinched as he shot daggers at me with his eyes. I pulled my knees up to my chest as I sunk away from him. "I'm sorry" he said, "I'm so sorry." I tried to shut the horrible thoughts out of my mind, but it was impossible.

"Whatever it is Draco I am here, please don't shut me out" I kept my voice steady but still very quiet. "I love you, always."

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Dagon." I cringed as he spat the words out at me.

"I really do mean it Draco, there is nothing that will change my mind about you."

He looked at me again, his face softening as I reached for his hand again. This time he let me take it and squeezed. "Do you really mean that? There's nothing at all that could change the way you feel?"

"I promise, you're my everything." I knelt up again and pressed my mouth to his, kissing his desperately. I leaned backwards, pulling us both down on the bed together and flipped him over so I was straddling his waist. His hands shot to my head as he grabbed a handful of my hair, tugging gently while he opened his mouth deepening the kiss. I moved my hips backwards slightly, pressing myself against him. He sat up and pushed me off him.

"Nice try, but I'm going and you're staying here." I pouted at my failed attempt to distract him from leaving and watched him walk to the door. He looked back at me and opened his mouth to say something but just shook his head and shut the door behind him.

I sat there for an hour, worried out of my goddamn mind before it became too much and I headed off the astronomy tower. It was very rare that there was ever anyone else up there with me when I went anyway so I pulled one of Draco's jumpers on and walked off towards the spiral staircase in an attempt to clear my head.

I could hear voices as soon as I'd made it halfway up the stairs and I was about to turn around and head back to Draco's room when I realised it was his voice I could hear. It stopped me dead in my tracks and I gulped before quietly sneaking up to the top so I could hear better.

"... Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you, or he's gonna kill me." I hear him say. Even from where I was stood, I could hear the pain in his voice. I sucked in a breath and turned to run back to my own room, but my path was blocked by a huge body. I looked up as a large hand roughly grabbed my arm and saw an old man with short white blond hair grinning down at me.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? Come to watch the show, have you?" His gruff voice whispered in my ear, he looked me up and down as though he were a lion sizing up his prey. My legs went weak and I could do anything to stop him as he dragged me with him.

Seeing Draco stood there snapped me out of my trance. "Get your filthy hands off me, you dick" I hissed, before trying to wiggle out of his grip. Draco turned and looked at me, horror flashed on his face, but he quickly recovered it, looking pained as Bellatrix Lestrange whispered in his ear. The man holding on to me just gripped me tighter as he covered my mouth with his hands.

"Keep your mouth shut and be quiet you stupid witch," he hissed, wrapping his other arm around me so my arms were pinned at my sides. I looked around the room, taking in the situation a Snape walked up behind Draco, causing him to lower his shaking hand slightly but it was still aimed at Dumbledore who stood across the room from him. My mind was racing, I had never been so scared in my life. Is this what Draco had been planning for all these months? I wanted to shout for Draco, but I could barely breathe from the giant meat hook that was covering half of my face. I panicked and bit down hard on his hand until I could taste blood and he pulled his hand away "You goddamn bitch" he hissed, "You fucking bit me, you're going to pay for that!"

"Draco, please" I begged him, and he looked at me again. His eyes widened at me before he turned his nose up at me and looked back to Dumbledore. "Don't do this," I sobbed, "please help me."

"Shut up, what the fuck is wrong with you!" he said through gritted teeth as he glared at me. I thought I might vomit. I should have listened to him and stayed in his room. I tried to reach for my wand, but I could move my arms as the man squeezed me tighter.

"Severus, please." Dumbledore said more calmly than I expected granted the situation.

"Avada Kadavra," Snape chanted. Dumbledore fell backwards out of the window. I couldn't move. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't stop the hot tears as the fell down my face. White noise rang through my ears and I slowly lifted my eyes to Draco again. He was still glaring at me which only made me cry harder.

"Now, what should I do with you?" The stranger holding me growled in my ear. I was too numb to respond; nothing was processing in my brain.

"I think we should make Draco kill her, don't you? Punishment for not carrying through with his task. I knew he couldn't do it, he's weak like his father!" Bellatrix cackled, stalking towards me.

My legs turned to jelly as she lifted my chin up with her wand. "What's your name?" 

"I'm not telling you," I spat out, still fighting against the strong arms restraining me. I needed to get the hell out of here and away from Draco.

"Stop fighting, Olivia," Draco hissed, "you're only going to make it worse for yourself"

"Oh, you know each other!! Ooo how fun, go on Draco. Kill her!! Kill Olivia!" Bellatrix sang out. I looked at Draco, and I prayed that these last few months had actually meant something to him, and he wasn't the monster everyone thought he was.

"Let her go," he whispered quietly but sternly. Everyone stopped and looked at him. I blinked in surprise. "I said let. Her. Go."

The huge arms released me, and he shoved me forwards onto the floor. My lip curled as I glared up at the hideous man who was stood laughing at me. Draco stalked over to me, gripping my chin in one hand and lifting me up off the floor with the other. His fingers dug into my skin, hard enough to bruise. I swallowed the lump in my throat and forced myself to look at him.

"Leave. Get the fuck away from me, I can't stand to look at you for one second longer. Look at you, stood there crying like a coward. Pathetic." He was still shaking, and he looked terrified as his eyes searched mine.

"Draco, please don't do this. You don't have to, you're better than this." I begged him to stay with me, to choose me. But I knew it was a lost cause now. I flinched as he moved his hand as though he was going to hit me but simply lifted his wand, so it was pointed at my chest.

"What the fuck do you know?" he let out an empty laugh. There was absolutely no emotion left in his face and I cried harder. I hadn't been enough to help him. "Get out of my sight, if I ever see you again, I'll kill you before you even have chance to realise what's happening," he spat in my face before shoving me away. I didn't look back as I ran down the stairs straight for my dorm room, not stopping until I had the door shut behind me and I vomited all over the floor. I collapsed onto the floor at the end of my bed and broke down, gasping for air through my tears. I was still shaking and there was nothing Lola could do to calm me down except hold me tight. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.3K 38
-Female OC X Draco Malfoy -Smut included -IN NEED OF SEVERE EDITING - - "Why do you cry over me, Michelle?" He stepped closer "Why do you think? Are...
7.8K 132 16
*Complete*Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger loathe each other. They will be civil to each other when the hell freezes over. But will a simple game ch...
677 66 25
A Draco Malfoy love story, enemies to lovers. Y/n, a pretty sweet little witch, with some anger issues, is quite the bitch sometimes. They hate each...
116K 2.1K 101
Draco and Mattheo perfectly contrasted one another. They're like day and night. And I can't decide if I prefer the sun or moon. ...