Changes / Cobra Kai [ 1 ]

By julelena14

Maeve Lawrence was a normal girl in Highschool with a little friend group. Until there's a new kid in her apa... More

C A S T + P L A Y L I S T
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H AP T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N
C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N
C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N
Sequel + questions

C H A P T E R O N E

31.4K 678 389
By julelena14

"Let's get it started

Let's get it started in here

Let's get it started in here"
____
~ Let's get it started by Black Eyed Peas
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

C H A P T E R  O N E||

〚 T H E  M E E T I N G 〛

≫∘❀♡❀∘≪

It was a warm summer day and Maeve woke up to the familiar smell of baked ham, which she knew was her dad's favorite thing to eat for breakfast.

After her daily morning routine she went into the living room where she saw her dad eating breakfast and also watching a movie on TV.

"Morning dad."

He looked up at her with a tired expression. "Mornin' how did ya' sleep?"

She went to get some breakfast for herself and sat down beside him.

"Good. The neighbors were a little bit loud, but I just put my earphones in and listened to music." She told him.

Johnny looked at her with envy. "Yeah you have to show me how that sporty fly thing works. They kept me up almost all night." He grumbled.

Maeve just smiled and shook her head at her dad's lack of knowledge in the technical field.

————

Later that morning Maeve helped her Dad to put the garbage out, when suddenly there was a voice behind them.

"Hey, I'm Miguel. My family and I just moved into 109." Running after them was a boy her age with chocolate brown eyes and matching hair.

When Maeve was about to introduce herself, Johnny cut her off. "Great, more immigrants." He said sarcastically.

"Dad!" She gasped. Her face flushing in embarrassment.

Johnny just shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm so sorry about him. My name's Maeve and I live with my dad just over there." Maeve told him and pointed to the door they just came through.

Miguel smiled at her. "Nice to meet you."

He then turned back towards her dad. "Actually, we're from Riverside. But anyways."

He started to catch up to them. "I was wondering if you were having trouble with your water pressure? Because I know our sink's being weird right now and..."

Miguel didn't get to finish his sentence, because he was sidetracked by Johnny putting his trash in the wrong container.

"Oh, the bottles go in the blue bins." To which Maeve beamed happily, standing next to him.

"HA! See, I told you!" Maeve exclaimed, looking at Johnny.

But her dad was getting annoyed by the new boy and ignored her, which she knew was on purpose.

"Listen, menudo, I've lived in this shithole for over ten years. The pipes don't work. The fountain's full of piss. The only good thing here is that I don't have to talk to anybody. So nice knowing you." He told Miguel rudely.

Johnny then turned to his daughter.

"See you after work, have a good day." He told her and kissed Maeves head, before leaving for work.

"Okay, well... have a nice day... I guess." Miguel mumbled.

Maeve looked at Miguel and after seeing his 'kicked puppy dog' expression she smiled at him.

"But it's home you know, not that bad when you get used to it. And don't mind my dad, he's a bit grumpy sometimes but he means well." He smiled back at her.

"Thanks. So do you go to school here?" Miguel asked the blond.

"Yeah, who knows, we might even have some classes together." She told him.

At that he started to beam at her.

"That would be so awesome! Do you think we could walk to school together? Because I don't really know how to get there on my own." He asked her with a deep frown on his face, when he suddenly looked at her wide eyed and started to panic.

"You don't have to! Obviously! It's totally fine if you don't want to-"

"Hey it's fine." She broke of his nervous ranting.

"I would love to walk to school with you, besides none of my friends live near this area, so it would be nice to not walk alone anymore." Maeve touched his shoulder to further reassure him that it was okay.

"Okay. Nice! I'll see you when we go to school, together." Miguel started to awkwardly go backwards and threw a pair of hand guns gestures towards her at the end.

"Yeah, see you when we go to school." She threw the hand guns back at him while laughing at his sudden awkwardness.

————

Later that day Maeve decided to hang out with Aisha.

They started hanging out more after her other friend Sam started to distance herself from her.

When Maeve got back from the day at her friend's house, she passed Miguel on her way to the door and smiled at him.

"Hey, what are you doing out alone this late?" The blond asked.

He looked up from the ground and smiled back. "Hey, I'm getting some medicine for my grandma, she's not feeling well. And I could ask you the same question." He said with a dorky grin.

"Oh, I hope she feels better with the medicine. And for your information, I was at a friend's house and just got back." She answered him with the same grin on her face.

"Well, I have to get going. Have a good night Maeve." He started to walk away.

"You too Miguel. See you at school." Maeve still had a smile on her face as she walked away, happy to have found a new friend.

Maeve decided to just walk around for a little bit longer, enjoying one of the last days of summer vacation.

Suddenly she heard voices near the strip mall and walked towards it, hoping that it wasn't her dad picking fights while drunk again.

Once she was near enough she could see Miguel getting pink stuff poured over his head and boys from her school laughing at him.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing? He didn't do anything wrong!" She yelled angrily, now stamping over to were they were trapping the boy in a circle.

It seemed that they didn't hear her since no one paid attention to what she said, but at the parking lot, there sat her dad calling for her.

"Hey Maeve! Come here, that's not your fight." Johnny told her.

Seeing him watching everything only made her angrier.

"What the hell Dad, have you just been watching the whole time!?" Maeve starts annoyed.

"What am I supposed to do? I barley know this kid." He looked at her like she had just accused him of a crime that he didn't commit.

"What are you supposed to do-" Maeve stopped herself from fully going mad at him.

"You know what? If your not going to doing anything then I will." She told him disappointed.

So she turned around ignoring her dads peals to come back and headed straight to were a guy from her school named Kyler just punched Miguel in the stomach.

"Hey! Leave him the hell alone!"

All eyes were on her and another guy from the group smirked. "Hey princess, you wanna join in on the fun and come to my house after? There I can show you real fun."

All the boys started laughing and just as he went to grap her, Johnny's voice came from behind her. "Hey! That's my daughter your talking to and if you as much as lay a finger on her, I'll kill you. And watch the car man."

Just now Maeve could see that Miguel was pushed against her dad's car.

"Are you okay?" She went over to him and touched his shoulder.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks though, you didn't have to do that." He told her.

But Maeve didn't get to respond.

"Who's this dude?" Kyler asked in a cocky manner.

"Just leave the dork alone." Johnny told them seeing his daughter smile proudly at him out of the corner of his eye.

"What?" Asked Kyler, taken back that someone actually spoke back to him.

Then his friend spoke. "You see this guy? Eating his dinner at the mini-mart like a bum."

Maeve and Miguel could both see that Johnny was getting angrier by the second.

"Wait, I think I know this guy. He's the jerk-off that cleaned my dad's septic tank." Kyler told them.

They started laughing again.

"That explains why he smells like shit." The curly haired boy yells.

"Trust me, you are pissing of the wrong guy on the wrong day, all right?" Johnny sighed.

Maeve looked at him confused.

What had happened to him today? She wondered.

Suddenly Kyler laughed. "Get the hell out of here, loser."

He shoved Johnny while grinning.

Maeve was just about to go up and say something, when her Dad kicked Kyler in the face.

Everyone backed away, Miguel and Maeve more out of amazement.

She knew her dad did some karate back in the day, but she had never seen him perform any.

Then after a moment of shock three boys lunged at Johnny.

He shoved one of them aside, then punched the second one and kicked the last one in the stomach.

Kyler tried again to attack Johnny, but he shoved him away again and kicked the next boy's leg away.

The curly haird boy smashed her dad against a poler and just as Maeve went to help him Johnny punched him off of himself and shoved him on his car.

In the mean time a homeless lady came and watched the fight next to Miguel.

The latter one started to say. "Holy shit. How did you-" But he couldn't end his sentence because Kyler attacked Johnny from behind.

"Dad!" Maeve really wanted to help him, but Miguel held her back so she wouldn't get hurt.

When he finally got Kyler off of his back after he tried to choke him, he watched all the boys on the ground. "Is that all you got ladies?" He mocked them.

They all stood up.

"Come on Ky, lets go." One of his friends said, but he wouldn't hear any of it.

"Get off me!" Kyler told him and swung a fist at Johnny, but the blond ducked just in the right moment and then started to beat up one boy after another.

Suddenly blue lights appeared and the police pulled up in the parking lot.

"Hey! Get off of the kid!" They sprayed pepper spray into Johnny's eyes, making the man scream in pain.

"No, Dad! Please he didn't do anything! He just tried to protect us, let him go!" She ran up to the police and begged them to let him go.

The whole time Miguel tried to back her up, but it was no use.

They took him away.

——

≫∘❀♡❀∘≪

I hope you enjoyed this fist chapter, please leave a comment if you like.
Have a good day or night💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

862K 37.1K 99
-π‚π‘π˜ ππ€ππ˜ ᡉˑⁱ ᡐᡒ˒ᡏᡒʷⁱᡗᢻ '𝐈 𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈'π₯π₯ 𝐟𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐒𝐧 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐒𝐭𝐑 ...
12.7K 261 29
Just when everyone expected the rivalry to end, it got worse. Now a new Sensei is stepping into the light and it's one that no one ever expected ...
29.1K 708 30
A karate tournament just around the corner. Rivals facing rivals in one final battle. The fate of the war could go to either side. And this time the...
85.4K 4.5K 28
-𝐒𝐄𝐄 π˜πŽπ” 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…π‹πˆπ π’πˆπƒπ„ αΆœα΅’α΅‡Κ³α΅ƒ ᡏᡃⁱ ...