Pretty Boy

By Sirenalu_Tir

Ada Miller was your average girl; except she's totally bossy, has polar opposites excuse for friends, the big... More

Chapter 1: Manic Monday
Chapter 2: Cold Day In Hell
Chapter 3: The Party
Chapter 5: The Make-Up Plan
Chapter 6: Caris Means Love
Chapter 7: Expect The Unexpected
Chapter 8: Kirby's Insecurities
Chapter 9: Love Begins
Chapter 10: Brand New Love
Chapter 11: Not Another Chapter of Break-ups
Chapter 12: Operation Mojo
Chapter 13: Killed Two Birds with One Stone
Chapter 14: Christmas Shopping
Chapter 15: Love Sick/ Full-Time Stalker

Chapter 4: Break-Up's

151 1 0
By Sirenalu_Tir

Chapter 4

-Break-up's-

"No way!!!" I shouted on the phone (Sara was on the other line). "Yes way!!" She shouted back, "Kirby totally dumped her yesterday!"

"Why?" I asked, excitement lacing at the tone of my voice.

"Because he saw Vannessa making out with Tucker on his truck!" Sara replied, stiffling a laughter. I made a face before I respond.

"That's so gross! His truck is so dirty," I exclaimed, "When was the last time he washed it, seriously?"

I heard Sara laugh at the other end of the line. "You're right. Well, I wouldn't take my time kissing him inside that truck." I snorted in agreement. "But, what's the point? I mean, why are you telling me this?"

"I don't know," I can even imagine Sara shrugging her shoulders, "I just thought that you might be interested with it. You know? He's single, you're single, the both of you will be good together."

"Yeah, right. You think I can flirt with him now that he's single?" All the positive stuff I was thinking awhile ago all dissapeared, and was yet again replaced by negative ones.

Sara scoffed. "No, it's not that. Maybe if we ask Kirby to have a triple date with us, then who knows? He may discover that he has bottled-up feelings for a girl he doesn't even knew exist." She ended sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"What about Becky? Who's the guy we're going to set up with her?" By that sentence, it's like telling her I agree with her proposal. Sara sighed profoundly. "I don't know. But we'll look."

******

It's Saturday, and I called Becky up. I told her about, you know, the triple date thingy. And guess what, Becky, the stuck-up bookworm, said yes. YES! But in one condition, she says, she'll be the one to choose the guy she'll date.

Well, of course, I said I'll help with it 'cuz I'm strict when it comes to boys. I don't want Becky to get hurt in the end; or even during the process. So Becky went that afternoon to my place; bringing all the yearbooks she can find.

And of course, I prepared my laptop to see in our school's online directory.

******

It's Monday again, and still, we can't find Mr. Right for Becky. So here I'am, in the bathroom, fixing my hair when I heard someone crying inside one of the stalls.

"Hello?" I said awkwardly, "Are you ok?"

"Ada?" A familiar voice replied. Wait. What? "Sara? Is that you?"

The door opened, and I saw Sara crying in there (well, obviously). She looks like a total mess. Her hair was a mess, her make-up was a mess and her clothes are a mess. Like I said, a total mess.

"What happened to you?" I asked her. She threw her arms around me, still crying.

"Danny broke up with me!" She began crying more, and I ran my hand up and down her back, trying my best to calm her. "What?! Why would he do that?" I asked then.

She sniffled before she can reply. "He said.. that.. I'm always jealous of the girls he's talking to, and he also said that I'm annoying him with my phone calls and text messages, and even the e-mails that I sent him!"

I stared at the crying Sara; who as by now, had dampened my shirt. "Uhh, Sara, maybe you're a little bit too pushy."

Sara didn't bother replying to me, and continued crying. I led her out of the bathroom, and running off, we saw Becky. "Beck!" I called out. She stopped and said, "Oh there you are guys! I've been loo- What happened to you?" She said as she saw Sara.

"Danny broke up with with her." I muttered. "Danny dumped her?" I sighed heavily. "B, it's the same! Just forget about it and make her feel better. She's our best friennd."

"That son of a bitch, Danny!" She sweared. Sara and I stared at her incredously. "That fucked-up bastard, gigolo Danny broke-up with you?"

"Becky, calm down." I tried consoling her, but it was of no use. I saw Danny and Kirby walking our way, and Becky won't shut up with the 'Danyy dumped Sara' thingy sentences stringed with endless curse words I didn't knew she knew.

"You want me to rearrange his organs and place his dumb ass to his face?"  She continued; still fuming madly. "Becky!" I pointed to her back, and there standing behind her was Danny and Kirby.

And of course, you know who I'm looking at. Kirby's wearing a V-neck cut-fitted shirt; which was the shade of the sun, is making him look hotter than ever. Kirby noticed that I'm looking at him. His lips tugged into a smile, and I immeadietly averted my eyes back to Becky.

"Hey, Sara." Danny greeted her. His face screamed 'I-still-love-you-forgive-me'.  Sara ignored him and walked in-between the two of them. She bumped into Danny's shoulders, but she didn't apologized or look back.

Of course, B and I followed her. And as I walked pass Kirby, he whispered, "Sorry", to me. I stared at him with a mad expression. Why would he say sorry to me? He's not the one who dumped Sara, and why to me?

******

When I got home (early, too early), I saw my whole family preparing for our extra special family dinner. Oh. No. I totally forgot about that! Alexa Andrews (AA for short, Jason's girlfriend) and her family are coming over for dinner. Well, I've got no prob with AA. She's beautiful, smart, nice and sweet, and most of all? He is Kirby's older sister.

That's how I met Kirby, so shall we take a look at the past to answer your questions on how the hell I fell in-love with the most popular boy in school?

******

I was in 7th Grade when the Andrews family moved in to this place. Jason and I were in the backyard. Jason was grilling burgers and I was just there, listening to my iPod. The Andrews got out of their Porsche, and I swear I'am the first girl to lay my eyes on Kirby when he arrived here.

I was staring at him for what I consider is a very long time till' Jason saw me staring into their direction; and there he saw Alexa. Since then, he became friends with her and our parents became close with each other that we go on a camping and out-of-town vacation every summer with them.

You might think that Kirby and I must be really, really, close, but no, sadly, we're not close. Even though our familes go out together everytime, he keeps his distance from me. We barely even talk, and when we talk, his eyes averted away from me.

Okay, so that's the end of our time travelling tour. Now let's go back to the present.

******

After I finished showering and putting the best dress ever (it'a a multi-colored dress that sparkles and a pair of white low-cut boots), I hurriedly went downstairsa. I thought of not putting make-up on anyway. Just right after I stepped on the last level of the stairs, the doorbell rang.

'Just in time', I thought. Dad opened the door, and Mr. and Mrs Andrews came in. Then AA, then Julian, their four year old extremely hyper kid (he likes playing with me), then Kirby. Kirby was wearing a dark blue suit; just like how I thought of it.

I was sitting face to face with Kirby. We didn't talk much (we obviously didn't talk at all). When we finished eating, Mrs Andrews and Mom were cleaning and talking at the same time. Dad, Mr Andrews and Julian were in there backyard; drinking beers. Except for Julian (duh), for he was playing with his RC truck.

AA and Jason were at Jason's room. It's not what you think it is, the windows and doors are open, and Jason's playing a song for AA with his guitar. I was sitting on the front steps outside the main door when someone covered my eyes.

"Hey! Who's this!?" I yelled.

"Stop it! Who's this!?" I continued yelling. "I mean it! Stop this or you'll never see the light tomorrow morning!"

"Okay, okay. It was just me." I realized that it was Kirby. He sat next to me, and for a long time, no one tried to break the silence. He was looking at his feet and I can feel the nervousness and tension in the atmosphere.

"So..." He started, "'Bout the Danny and Sara thing.."

"What about it?" I cutted in. "Do you like them? I mean, do you like seeing them together?" I shrugged. "Yes. Maybe."

His expression screamed confuse. "Why maybe?" I sighed before I replied to him. "Maybe because I know Danny. He never let's a relationship last more than 5 months or even shorter. I don't think he can be trusted with something so fragile. You know, Sara's heart."

I heard him sigh before replying. "Yeah, but he can be serious too, you know?" My head snapped as I turned to face him quickly. "Yeah?"

"Yes. And you know what? He's serious with Sara. When he told me he likes Sara, I was like, 'C'mon, man. Sara?' he still continued on courting Sara." After that statement, the both of us were engulfed by silence.

"Hmm.."

"Yeah."

My eyes narrowed for a second. "Then why did he broke up with her?" Kirby made a face  before replying, "He was annoyed with the jealousy stuff. Sara kinda went through the line."

"So that's it? He broke-up with her because she got so jealous of other girls he's with?" I fumed. "Yes." That was a stupid reason.

"You know that when you really love someone, no matter what they do, you'll stick with them. Why? Because you love them. And is he aware that's the first time Sara entered a relationship? She's not used to this kind of stuff yet."

I saw Kirby looked lonely, and I knew that it was all my fault. Being so defensive of Sara.. Just because I know Sara a lot. And the fact that she is my bestfriend. She totally freaks out of things she doesn't know how to manage alone.

"Look, I'm so sorry about what I said. I know Sara better that Danny, and what he's saying about her really get's to me. She get's so nervous in stuff new to her and maybe because she's scared of losing Danny and-.."

"It's okay-.."

"Hey! I'm still talking! And I know that you wanna defend Danny to, and I understand that, since he is your friend. Same goes with me and Sara." I took a deep breathe first before resuming back to speaking.

"Now, go. Say what you want to say." Kirby, yet again, sighed. "Ok, I understand you, but I'm going to ask a favor from you."

My brows furrowed in confusion. "What is it?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 56 11
Story about a broken girl and not so broken boy. ✴▫✴▫✴ Let's repair the broken.
89.6K 2.6K 25
By the time I was nine years old, I planned who to marry. I already planned all my birthday parties. I even know what I'm going to do with my life. O...
56 1 5
Enemies to lovers but the enemies doesn't last long.
7.3K 386 38
Becca Drake is your average teenage girl who is starting her senior year. What she thinks will just be a normal year actually turns out to be a crazy...