Our Fearless Tomorrow (In Edi...

By SkylerSavior

For the rest of the people, even in the other side of the world, Li Sally always seemed like a normal person... More

[[Disclaimer]]
00
01
1.5
02
2.5
03
04
05
06
6.5
07
7.5
08
8.5
9
9.5
10
10.5
11
11.5
12
13
13.5
14
15
15.5
15.9
16
16.5
16.9
17
17.5
18
18.5
19
19.5
20
21
21.5
22
23
24
24.5
25
26
27
27.5
27.9
28
29
30
31
31.5
31.9
32
32.5
32.9
33
33.5
33.9
34
34.5
35
35.5
36
Attention

14.5

105 8 0
By SkylerSavior

Li Sally's POV

I was at the boxing club again. Hao said he was sick but I saw XiaoMi with a suspicious face, perhaps she's got something to do over there. Talking about that, XiaoMi was training Tian, not for taking a beating, but making him beat some special bags she had on her hands like if they were gloves. Despite I have years in this world, I still don't know the names of those stuff since I wasn't brave enough to ask.

Yes, even fighters can feel the shame. Perhaps I should research on the internet, if it wasn't for the time I didn't have then, I would have done it.

Anyways, I was watching them since the ring borders until I felt some running towards us, I tilted my head and saw Yanan, who stood up beside me.

-Li Sally, Ming Tian, Song XiaoMi! I have good news-Yanan said and they two walked towards her.

-What? -XiaoMi asked.

-Ming Tian and Li Sally are in the same bracket as Ma YiChen and Kamizura Achihiko.

-Great, that's cool! She's such a beginner, even more than Tian-I commented-. Defeating her will be easy.

-Yeah, congratulations! -XiaoMi celebrated for Tian.

-But there is also bad news. Luo Guanyan is also in the same bracket.

-Then it's a dead bracket-the red haired girl commented.

-Why are you saying that? -I asked.

-At present, Luo Guanyan is the most likely candidate to proceed to the finals-Yanan answered-. Ming Tian, Li Sally, if you guys are matched up against him, you'll have to be prepared for a fierce battle.

We nodded.

-Ah, I know what fierce battles are.

-I hope street fights are as awful as you described.

-They're even worst, Yanan. You don't know how many people go to the hospital or die in the ring when fighting there-I shook my head-... by day.

-Senior Sis, I heard the prelims are completed in just one day. There are so many competitors. How can eight victors be determined in one day?

-That's because the majority will forfeit-XiaoMi responded.

-Forfeit? -Tian and I frowned.

-Really? -I followed.

-Yeah. This usually happens after an overwhelming match. If there is a tremendous difference in skill level between the victor and another competitors, we will see a domino effect with a series of forfeits-the red haired girl continued-. Think about it. If you know you'll lose badly, would you still step up to the ring?

-In street fights, yes-The three of them looked at me in shock-. That's the reason why I said they're so awful.

-That means, the stronger an athlete, the more forfeits there will be.

Yanan and XiaoMi nodded to Tian's supposition.

-That's right. When Fang Yu had to participate in the prelims, more than 60 percent of competitors forfeited. I remember that was Fang Yu's first time in the tournament. A senior who practiced Aikido said she would teach Fang Yu a lesson. In the end, Fang Yu K.O'd her in just 37 seconds. After seeing that, the competitors in the same bracket forfeited one by one. Fang Yu proceed to the finals, ultimately became the champion and since rose to fame. That's why Zhengze changed the rules, so S-level athletes were no longer required to take part in the prelims, lowering the rate of forfeits-Tian and I nodded to Yanan's explanation.

-That also minimize unnecessary injuries.

-Injuries?

-Eh. Speaking of this, I have an idea. Why don't you consult it to Fang Yu? Maybe she'll have some secrets she can share with you-XiaoMi frowned at Yanan's suggestion.

-Yeah, it's true? What better than the girl who won the tournament twice? -I followed Yanan-. Go, go.

-Okay-Tian nodded-. I'll find her.

Tian took off his headband and went off from the ring, while XiaoMi called him but he ignored her.

-You could ask me! Why asking Fang Yu? Ming Tian! Cheng Yanan, Li Sally! -glared at us-. It's true! The one-on-one! Li Sally, prepare yourself!

-You're on!

As well as I already put on my fingerless gloves, I went on the ring. She also had her ones, so we put on a combat position.

-When you want.

She jumped to try kicking me but I dodged it going to my right while she jumped standing and turned towards me before I could kick her back, so the kick went right to her chest and she crashed against the ring borders, right where Yanan was so she almost fell.

-Hey, be careful!

-Sorry, Senior Sis! I didn't point at you-I apologized while staring at XiaoMi.

The red haired girl tried to kick me in my face, but I could block all of those tries and when she wanted to give me a rotating kick I grabbed her right ankle with my both hands so she stared at me surprised and confused. Then I pushed her to the other side of the ring, making her crash with the railings again and this time she even fell sat to the ground.

She stood up and I kicked her face before she could do anything, making her fall to the ground; I got on her and I did as if I was going to hit her, but I stopped before my hand got to the face of the red hair girl, whose eyes closed with fear.

-Sally won! -I heard Yanan's voice-. Now what will you say about her, uh, Flirt?

I offered my hand to XiaoMi but she looked at me doubtfully.

-Come on, take it.

She grabbed my hand and stood up with my help, then the red haired girl pointed at us.

-No one will talk about this! -she exclaimed and left the club.

-She's so hella humiliated, right? -I asked Yanan who started to giggle once XiaoMi said that.

-Yeah, definitely. Take a break, you did amazing today. No one defeats Song XiaoMi that easily.

-But anyways I want to tell everyone-put my hands on my hips-. I'll tell XiaoHua and XiaoDuo to spread the word but without making XiaoMi notice it. It'll be like a secret to voices. Everyone knows, but nobody says it.

Yanan smirked.

-We got it in a video! -XiaoHua exclaimed it.

I turned around and saw the long brunette haired girl and the one wearing glasses with their phones on their hands.

-Alright! You already know what to do then-I raised my thumb and they smirked before leaving the club too.

Some minutes later, when I arrived to the Fang's Group, I parked Zhan and went to the office, since it was still half to four I actually have time to pick my presentation and review everything in my mind. In the way I saw Yu so I saluted her and she did back, when I was about to open the door, Zhou grabbed my wrist.

-The meeting is starting thirty minutes before. We should go to the meeting-he said while made us walk there.

-I barely arrived and I didn't pick my presen-Zhou stopped and showed me my files-... tation. Thank you! -I grabbed them and hugged him for a second, then freed him-. Sorry, it's just that I'm so nervous.

-You'll be fine~. Don't be nervous-patted my back-. I know it's your first time, but you'll do very well.

We both headed to my first meeting. A so really long and lasting meeting, that moment felt timeless and boring, like if I was at class but even worse, how did Zhou and the other people get accustom to this? Anyways, they accepted my ideas and I also helped to accept another people's ones.

After the meeting, I received a voice note from Yanan.

-Sally, I forgot to tell you, I had problems to send this. My loyalty belongs with Fang Yu and you, but I'm afraid that my stomach has been taken. Song XiaoMi's food is so~ delicious!

-Calm down-I started to record-. You didn't try mine or Auntie Mei's food yet, no one has.

I sent the voice note and once I left the building, I noticed my bike wasn't on the parking.

"They stole Zhan!"

-Who stole Zhan? -Zhou asked with a teasing voice.

Wait a minute...

-I-I parked it here and it's not here anymore.

He chuckled.

-Sāi, Mr. Zhao noticed that Zhan needs some reparations, so he went with a mechanic.

-What happened with it? -I stared at him doubtfully.

-The accelerator is not responding so well anymore.

His eyes looked scared. Zhou was actually scared.

-Yeah, it's true-he sighed in relief-. I was gonna take it tomorrow, but, thank you.

-You're welcome-smiled cutely-. Are you hungry?

For some reason his expressions wanted me to laugh from the cuteness, but I could endure myself.

"Zhou is so charming when he's with me~."

Wait, did I just think that!?

Perhaps I do like Zhou as I told XiaoHua by message. But perhaps I'm just imaging it...

Damn, I'm so confused!

-Sally, are you there?

-Ye-Yeah! Yeah, I'm hungry, in fact, I'm kinda starving.

-Let's get some Chow Mein. My treat.

-Al-Alright.

We went inside his car.

-Why are you stuttering? -smirked at me, like the way he's used to do with Yu.

-I wasn't stuttering. I just, I was going to treat you.

-But I offered it. Believe me, Sāi-held me by the shoulder-, it's better like this. I'm treating you since your first idea was approved on your first meeting.

"Oh.

Wait, why am I so disappointed?"

-It's time to celebrate-Zhou smiled cutely-. We'll go to the food stall, perhaps eat it at my house and then I'll take you home, okay?

-Okay-I nodded-. But I'll treat you back someday-pointed at him.

-Tch, alright.

Fang Zhou's POV

Some minutes later, we arrived to Hao Ma's food stall. I noticed that Sally's been so nostalgic since she met her grandparents, specially at the office, like she was missing her mom or even worse, her home. New York. Then I remembered that she said once that her Auntie, Ling Mei, is a really amazing chef and that she prepares the best Chow Mein ever, and Yu told me Sally said that Hao Ma's one is the second best.

That's the reason why I treated her actually, not just for her good idea for my game project. For some reason, I don't want her to be sad and I heard that a full stomach has always a happy heart, specially when you eat something you actually love, so perhaps Chow Mein will make Sally feel better.

Then I saw a woman on the kitchen.

-SāiLí! You're back! Long time no see-she said-, and you're with a handsome boy! Who is this?

-Fang Zhou! -Hao saluted me-. Mom, he's Fang Yu's little brother, Fang Zhou.

So this is Hao Ma.

I nodded to what the black haired man said.

-Fang Zhou-Hao Ma smiled-, I once saw your sister, and it seems you're so seemed alike!

-Yeah, specially in their eyes-Sally assured with a smile.

That made me smile for some reason, then I saw Sun Hao staring at me and Sally and smirking.

"What the hell is he thinking about?"

-Uh, we want two Chow Mein-I raised two fingers, he made me feel so uncomfortable as the last time.

-Sure, of course! Take a seat.

-Thank you, Hao Ma-Sally said and we sat close from the kitchen-. You already know this place? -raised her right eyebrow.

-Yes. Sister Yu took me here. Don't you think Sun Hao is so-?

-Were you talking about me? -he sat down and while I grimaced Sally giggled.

-Yeah, good things about you, Sun Hao, good things-she responded.

-You look so pretty! -looked at her surprised-. I just saw you looking in this way at the dance party, why don't you dress like that further?

-Oh, thank you-Sally covered her face, trying not to blush.

My hands became fists.

"Is this the feeling of jealousy? Because I don't like it."

-Wait. You are dressed up like that-Sun Hao pointed at Sally-, and I guess you actually dress like that always-pointed at me so I nodded-, but anyways watching you guys together is... Oh! Are you guys... dating? -made a little heart with two fingers.

If saying yes will make you shut up...

-No, no, we're not dating.

-Yes, we are.

We both said that at the same time so we stared at each other confused.

-It's... such a... long story-we tried to say at the same time while looking at him.

-Uh... Okay, okay-Sun Hao frowned and then he left.

Sally frowned at me.

-Hey, why did you say we were dating?

"Wait, and if she thinks that I probably like her?"

-I don't know, I just... don't like that guy Sun Hao.

-And why?

-He's way too talkative-I complained.

-Yeah, but he makes it funny.

-Wait-I stared at her in shock-... Do you like Sun Hao? -whispered.

-What? No, course not, he's just a little funny and that's it. He's like twenty years old, way too old for me. Besides-stared at everywhere and put her face close to mine-, he likes Fang Yu-whispered and went back to her normal position-. Maybe that's the reason why he's like this, specially with her.

My eyes widened.

-I didn't approve Ming Tian yet and now he's waiting for me to approve him? -pointed at Sun Hao.

-Shut up, he'll hear you-scolded me in a mumble.

-It's okay, he didn't even see me.

-Here are your noodles-the black haired man served the plates and I glared at him so he left.

-So, you're jealous-the brown haired girl looked at me in a teasing way.

-What? No way-I crossed my arms.

-You are jealous, you are jealous~-sang in a whisper while pointed at me and I shushed her-. Hey, it's no big deal if you're jealous for the attention your sister is getting. Believe me, she rejected a lot of boys in the dance party.

Oh. Thank God she doesn't think that I like her.

Because... Do I really like her?

Some minutes later, we started to eat and as well as we were hungry still and it's getting late, we also ordered a pair of dishes to carry away. Hao Ma told us it was on the house so we went to my house so I could take Sally home later.

Li Sally's POV

Once Zhou and I arrived to his house, we started to eat a second plate of Chow Mein. Then Yu suddenly went towards us, she literally smell the food.

-Ah! You're back? -Zhou hummed while Yu sat down-. Hi, Sally.

-Hi, Yu.

-You haven't eaten yet? -she frowned.

-Yes. I have to eat dry biscuits in the car everyday, killing my appetite-Zhou responded.

-And I used to think until today that rich people don't eat in the car-I interrupted-. This is the second plate, by the way. Now I know what you guys feel when you're at the office, I was starving the lot-my eyes widened and so did Yu's ones.

Zhou chuckled.

-Then I suddenly thought of your junior's chow mein and found my appetite again. Now I'm starving. Besides, I wanted to treat Sally something since her first idea on her first meeting was approved.

-Oh, really? -I nodded to Yu's question.

-Yeah. I was nervous, but I could do it decently.

Zhou's eyes widened.

-Decently? Just decently? -he reclaimed- Sally, you worked all these days for that idea, and your proposal was great! I wish I had a hidden camera so you could see it, Sis-pointed at Yu with the chopsticks and ate a little.

-You're complaining like if you don't have enough money to buy a whole corporation of cameras or making your own brand-I frowned then ate.

-Uh, huh, uh, huh. So, it's from Hao Ma-Yu commented with a little smile-. No wonder it smells so good.

I stared at her with an eyebrow raised. Then Yu suddenly tried to steal Zhou's plate, but Zhou could apart it first.

-What are you doing? -she unconsciously smiled at the younguest's question and sat down-. If you want some, then buy some for yourself~-teased her, so I giggled.

-Stingy.

-I agree, what a selfish, Zhou-I fake complained-. Hey, Yu-I picked some chow mein with the chopsticks and fed her, then fed myself.

-Sally, what-?

-Thank you, Sally-caressed my hair while she was eating.

After she ate, the oldest girl sighed.

-What a strange. No matter how hard I try at cooking, I just can't make something so delicious-we stared at her.

Zhou sighed.

-I'm also puzzled. It's so easy to understand, but you still don't get it?

Yu stared at her brother.

-Tch. Tell me, then. You better be able to convince me.

-Use your brain, Sis-scolded her while staring at the food-. If someone like you who has a nil culinary talent-Yu looked at her right-wants to be able to learn how to cook something in a short amount of time-Zhou looked at her and she looked back-, you'll have to focus on learning how to make one thing instead of trying your hand at this and that.

-It's just like combat sports-I followed him-. You need a speciality first, such as boxing or taekwondo, for example. Then you can move on another things. That's how I learned a lot of things since mom passed away, between them, how to cook.

-Look, Hao Ma might not be a famous chef-picked some food with his chopsticks-, but her chow mein-smelt it-... it's so~ spectacular. Hmm? -said with a charming voice and ate it.

Yu's eyes widened and she also opened her mouth.

-You're right-she gasped.

Zhou just stared at her, telling with her eyes something like "How wouldn't I be right?", then Yu left while unblocked her phone.

Wow, each time I understand the Fangs even better. Or at least I do with Zhou.

At the next day, Zhou sent me a taxi to go to Zhengze since Zhan was at the garage, and as well as Yanan told me to rest since the fight with XiaoMi was kinda tough, I didn't even went to the club. Since I had to go again to the Fang's Group, not just to start on my idea, but also because my grandparents and uncle wanted to see me there with Chairman Fang; I had to change my clothes on the S-level bathroom since it was the only one which is almost always alone. I even took advantage of taking a little bath, but when I got outside with the office clothes, I didn't just receive a message from Zhou.

Zhou
«Mr. Zhao is arriving to Zhengze»

«Thank you so much»

«It's nothing, Sāi, don't be so modest»

I chuckled.

«Perhaps it's true, but it would be weird for me if I don't thank you anyways»

-Sally-XiaoMi's voice made me stop and look at her-, what are you doing here?

An excuse, quickly!

-Uh, I was lost. This was the S-level bath? -pointed behind me-. I do have to watch carefully where I walk at.

I started to walk away but the red haired girl grabbed my wrist so I couldn't leave.

-Ah, ah, ah! Wait a little minute. Why are you dressed up like this? -stared at me-. You had another clothes and even combed your hair with a pony tail when you got inside here. You're looking like... like Fang Yu! Why are you wearing this?

Crap, I've been caught.

-Tch, it's none of your business-I freed myself-, you little gossip-I mumbled while starting to walk again.

Well, I can't talk. I'm also a gossip sometimes, but not so directly like this, at least I am discreet, I just spy but she asks directly.

Then she put in front of me.

-You even say her own lines! -she reclaimed-. I'm not leaving until you tell me-crossed her arms-. What-in-the-heck-is-going-on? -separated the words like they were syllables and talked as fast as she usually does.

Sometimes I can't understand her or even the other people, but it's okay since I think about what they said before responding.

-... They're looking for me, Song XiaoMi, so I have to leave.

-No way! You'll tell me-pointed at me-or I'll tell everybody about your street fights.

Really?

-You think I'm gonna fall with that blackmail? You're obviously not the first person I would tell about what what's going on with me, even if I was being blackmailed. Besides, you don't actually care about what's wrong with me. I didn't even asked you about your life and you already know too much about me!

-Do you want to know about my life!? Well! My mom is a chef and she wasn't there so much at home when I was a kid so I learned how to cook watching her TV show, and-she closed her eyes while yelling so I ran away-... Li Sally! -screamed started to chase me-. You won't be able to win always!

Some minutes later, I arrived to the building entrance with the red haired girl behind me. As well as it was like three or four in the afternoon, I didn't see anyone over there. Everyone was at classes or at the other side of the yard practicing, or even at clubs or they left.

-Sally! Li Sally! What in the heck is going on with you!?

-Oh God, she's so stubborn and annoying-mumbled.

-Tell me! -demanded while grabbing my wrist again-. Wait, isn't it Fang Yu's car? Why are you dressed up like this and going to Fang Yu's car? What Sun Hao told me was actually real? -whispered the last thing to herself.

"So Sun Hao actually told her the stuff..."

I freed myself, grabbed her wrist and turned it to my left while hearing her screaming.

-Stop it!

-Will you stop being so annoying?

She nodded quickly.

-Yeah! I'll stop making questions! -I freed her-. Oh my God-looked at me with fear-, why did you just do that!?

I rolled my eyes.

-I'll explain this whenever I'm ready. But for now, let me go-I went inside the car-, and don't tell this to anyone.

-Ms. Li, did something happen? -Zhao asked since the steering wheel.

-No, no, nothing happened. It's just another day supporting XiaoMi at Zhengze. And call me Sally or SāiLí, uncle Zhao.

-I already heard the same thing from Ms. Fang, SāiLí. Is that girl so annoying?

I sighed.

-If you only knew, just hearing her voice yelling is... so-scratched my head slightly-... Ugh, I'm looking for the word.

-Insupportable?

-Yeah! Thank you. She's so~ insupportable.

Minutes later, I arrived to the Fang's Group.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 365 7
With a gloved hand, you snatch her chin and force her to look at you. "You keep your mouth shut and be a good girl, frΓ€ulein, and you'll be safe. But...
105K 3.8K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...
154K 12.2K 30
πŸ…’πŸ…žπŸ…œπŸ…ŸπŸ…›πŸ…”πŸ…£πŸ…”πŸ…“ Wang Yibo, a twenty-eight-year-old handsome guy is a member of a group founded by his brother Haikuan in China-THE PRIVATE EYE. Th...
639K 29.5K 66
"Pretty boy, surrender that body to us!" "Not even in hell!" Bai Yuan shouted as he ran away from the thugs. Suddenly, a bright light flashed before...