Hate that I Love You

By KaylaJenkins2

"We met in Miami, she was working at the mall at the time and I bumped into her at the gas station on the way... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
A/N
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Not an Update
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
ANNOUCEMENT
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five.I
Thirty Five.II
Epilogue

Nine

14.7K 434 15
By KaylaJenkins2

Monté

"Preciate you for coming...thank you," I say to the guest as they enter inside my graduation party. We was supposed to have it back at my apartment but Dave knew somebody that let us borrow their house while they are out of town.

"Aye shorty, babygirl with the poofy hair need a ride home she already drunk and causing a scene in front of ya peoples." Dave says walking up behind me.

I turn around to walk back inside. "Oh my gosh you must be talking about Cesi, my cousin. They staying at my apartment so I can't actually take her home."

I walk inside and everyone screams "Congratulations!" causing me to smile. I turn to Dave who walks in behind me smiling.

"How did you know about my drunk cousin?" I ask him.

"Don't I know everything?"

"No you do not, please don't start thinking that." I say laughing.

"I got one more surprise tho for you." He says grabbing my hand.

"Here you go with these surprises." I say as we walk to the back room.

I sit on the bed while Dave closes the door. "Okay so what is it?" I ask him. He grabs another pair of keys out his pocket.

"Were you serious when you said you wanted to move to New York?" He asks me standing across from me holding the keys. I nod my head.

"So it's just a start untill you get something your own speed but I talked to my landlord and she owns some condos not to far from my house, trust me I won't be in ya business or nothing and you can pay your own bills just think of this as graduation present #2."

"Come here..." I look at him biting my lip.

He walks towards me laying me down on the bed, kissing my lips softly.

***

After I got off of Dave, I went into the bathroom to freshen up a little bit while Dave put back on his clothes. He walks in the bathroom behind me and kisses my cheek.

"You gotta stop doing watchu doing if you want us to remain friends." He says in my ear.

I smile looking at him through the mirror before walking back to my party.

I walked into the kitchen to grab me something to eat. "Girl where you been we've been looking all over for you." My cousin Maya asks walking in the kitchen.

"Girl I had to take a quick nap, I've been up since 6:30 ya girl is tired." I lie putting mashed potatoes on my plate.

"Now Diamonté Harper since when do you lie to your favorite big cousin." Maya walks closer to me so nobody can hear our conversation.

"I can't say everything right now but I'm moving to New York I think I've found a legit job out there and I'm going to be moving Saturday." I say putting my food in the microwave.

"Soo who is he?"

"What do you mean?" I ask waiting on my food to finish.

"Monté your whole life you've never moved out of Los Angeles, whoever it is must really be making you happy out here in New York. Now you know i'm not gonna dig in ya business but...does Dave East ring a bell?"

"Man Maya how'd you even know?" I ask pulling my food out the microwave. She laughs a little sipping out of the red cup in her hand.

"This man bought you a G wagon full of roses and two louis purses..Let's not even mention he saved this graduation party. But yet didn't you tell us he's your friend, a man that's your friend won't go through the extremes to make sure you're happy Monté please think about that."

"I know cuz but I can't be those other girls on theshaderoom or those rapper girlfriends. I want to be Monté but then I want Dave too so I don't know." I whine eating my food.

"When you look at the man don't you see how handsome he is, he can get any woman he wants and he wants you and you are scared of something that we are all scared of but that's what taking a risk is. If ya ma was here you know she would tell you the same thing, it's time you make some grown woman decisions Monté."

It feels like my deadline for choosing what I want has been pushed up. Everybody is finding out about me and Dave and want us together. But i'm still scared and I don't know what to do to make it stop.
_______________

Maya & Monté

________________
9:56pm

"Okay to the right, to the right now to the left y'all ." Dave says in the mic as we all do the cupid shuffle outside.

"Now kick, now kick, now kick, kick, kick and walk it by yourself, get it let's go." I watched Dave dance and sing in the mic. He seems so happy around family and friends.

"Dave can I talk to you for a sec," I say interuppting what he was going to say next.

Once the song is over, everybody walks off and goes back to doing their own thing leaving me and Dave outside. I grab his hand walking him to the swings.

We sit down next to each other, I hold his hand in mines.

"So lately my life has been going crazy, I just graduated college and I'm moving to New York this weekend. But this wasn't supposed to be my life Dave, my life was supposed to be full of choas and eventually I was supposed to end up like my mom...but they way you care about me....the way you have cared about me is something that I had to love you for. Dave you really don't realize I was barely hanging on before you came into my life, struggling to make ends meet in a apartment and go to college and work everyday. I'm very grateful. If I would've gotten kicked out of college I would've lost everything I worked so hard for. So I'm saying all of this to say. I need you in my life, in a way that makes both of us happy because I've been selfish witchu and I just wanna stop being scared and let yo-"

My speech is interrupted as Dave crashes his lips into mine kissing me slowly. My body starts to melt, I grip his chin sliding my tongue in his mouth.

"Ouuu shortyy...I want you but we can't." Dave says pulling away putting some space in between us. Oh my gosh, my horny ass. I nod my head, fixing myself up.

"You right, but yeah I'm serious. I wanna do this with you, I'm not scared of what's going to happen along the way. I just know in the end we gon be straight." I say looking him in his eyes.

"I understand you, you know I gotchu tho. I always will," He kisses my cheek.

I'm starting to believe him, It's crazy cause I don't really trust nobody not even my cousins. I just feel like non of them gave my mom a chance not even Maya, she mourns my mom but when my mom died she wasn't here at all and I don't like that. But Dave I can look him in his eyes and tell that he's being honest with me. A look I never seen with my dad, I always knew when he was lying it was like an instinct.

"Wanna hit this wood with me?" Dave asks, I didn't even realize he rolled a blunt.

"Boy no, see like unlike you my job might drug test my ass." I say standing up to go back inside.

"And, don't think that shit cute." He says slapping my ass as I turn around to walk back inside. I stick the middle finger up at him before walking back inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

800K 32.6K 50
๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐–๐ก๐จ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ค๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ? ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ...
203K 5.7K 27
๐˜ž๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ - ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜บ | OCTOBER 2020 |
89.7K 4.2K 20
๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜บ ...
129K 8.2K 40
No family,only a trust fund. Finally able to move on from the death of her boyfriend. Beyoncรฉ finds herself in a bind. She's offered a position as a...