Every Line Crossed

jeeinna tarafından

Rugged Series #4 Kill Legrand has everything. Growing inside a prestigiously rich family, she can have whatev... Daha Fazla

Every Line Crossed
ELC1
ELC2
ELC3
ELC4
ELC5
ELC6
ELC7
ELC8
ELC9
ELC10
ELC11
ELC12
ELC13
ELC14
ELC15
ELC16
ELC17
ELC18
ELC19
ELC20
ELC21
ELC22
ELC23
ELC24
ELC25
ELC26
ELC28
ELC29
ELC30
ELC31
ELC32
ELC33
ELC34
ELC35
ELC36
ELC37
ELC38
ELC39
ELC40
ELC41
ELC42
ELC43
ELC44
ELC45
Epilogue

ELC27

200K 4.9K 3.1K
jeeinna tarafından

ELC27

I wasn't able to go back to work again for a couple of days because Aza was so adamant of not going back to school again after what happened on his first day. He was so afraid that I won't come back after leaving him.

I stayed with him throughout the duration of his classes before I eventually tried to withdraw my presence little by little. I figured out it was the best thing I can do to help him adjust because he's so used to being with me all these years.

When I realized that he was slowly getting cool with school because of his newly found playmates, that is when I started explaining to him that I may not be able to fetch him always from school because I will be busy working like his Lolo and Lola is.

"Hi, Aza pogi! Good morning!"

"Ate Criselle, you're so loud." my son said to her while I was buttoning his uniform.

"Aray ko beh, mana-manang ka sa Mama mo!"

Hindi ako sumagot. Because I am pretty sure he didn't inherit that personality to me. Sometimes, it frustrates me. I was the one who carried him! I am the one taking care of him! But he doesn't even inherit more from me! The only thing he got is my skin color!

Nakakatampo!

"Ready na daw breakfast nyo doon, Ma'am."

I nodded at Criselle while my eyes are still on my handsome little guy in front of me.

"Ay saket oh, seener!"

"Mama, she's weird."

"Just ignore her, baby..."

"Grabe, grabe na talaga itong experience ko sa pamilyang ito." I heard Criselle whispered a little louder.

"Ate Criselle will be the one to fetch you later, baby. Okay?" I told my son while fixing his hair.

"Yes, Mommy!"

My forehead creased and I glared at Criselle who answered me. Ang bruhang ito talaga! Hindi naman siya ang kinakausap!

"Just don't talk to her, she'll be harmless..."

Aza nodded at me in agreement. I stood up and Aza held my hand immediately. My eyebrow shot up because of his moves.

"You won't bring Mr. Bunny na?"

It was the usual thing he does when I finish fixing him up. He will immediately run to take his bunny toy before he will come back to me and hold my hand so we could go out together.

"No, Mama! I always leave Mr. Bunny when I play with my classmates. I think he gets sad. I don't want him sad, so I'll just let him rest here and we'll play when I come back!" he narrated with his roller-coaster emotions, from a little sad voice to a happy one.

My pure boy...

"Ano daw?" Criselle asked because she obviously wasn't able to follow everything my son said. I sneered at her before we started walking. Criselle followed behind us.

"Si Ma'am naman parang others!"

Gosh, I hope she won't teach anything to my son when she became his temporary nanny.

I smiled when I was given a round of applause after the short speech I gave after my father introduced me to the board. I also apologized because this whole thing was scheduled earlier but was postponed.

"Wow! We didn't expect that you got a hidden princess..." an old man in a dark blue suit walked towards us when the meeting ended. He was talking to Dad who was beside me. "Akala ko ay puro lalaki ang anak mo!"

"We purposely wanted a private life for her when she was growing up. Ganon din naman sa mga kapatid niya. We just introduced her late so we'll be sure she's already prepared."

"You're not just a wise businessman, Abraham huh... but also a vigilant family man. Keeping your children away from hungry eyes..."

Papa chuckled. He seems close to this old man. I gaze on my side as I saw my Kuya Cell and Kuya Rion having conversations of their own with other businessmen while Kuya Rift and Mama were talking with each other.

"Not a vigilant as my wife..."

"Hmm... Marchess, what a tigress."

They continued talking with each other as I fondly listened to them. I just find it adorable every time I hear Papa speak of Mama. I mean, of course, I always see them together but both of them always look casual and more like business partners. But even once, it never crossed my mind that they don't love each other just because they are not as affectionate as others.

Magiging apat ba kami kung hindi?

I giggle on my own thought. I just hoped that one of them would somehow soften even just for one day and tell me their love story. I wanna know! I'm so curious! Paano kaya napalambot ni Papa si Mama? And who is the Marchess Legrand that only my father knows?

"It's nice meeting you, Miss Legrand..."

"Likewise, Sir."

We took a long time inside of the conference room because of the people greeting us. We all parted our ways just after as my brothers have to go on their respective offices on different Le Grand corporate headquarters, different from their offices here at the main headquarter.

"Your other office is in Building 5, Kill," Mama said to me.

Our headquarters are just close to each other. Sadyang iba-iba lang ang building ngunit kung hindi man magkakatabi ay hindi rin nalalayo sa isa't- isa. The Building 1 is considered our main office.

"But stay here for a while. I still need to talk to you, but I still have a meeting, minutes from now. Can you wait?"

I nodded at Mama. "Sure, I'll just check my office and wait there."

"Right, tell me if you want to change something on the interior." mabilis niyang salita na tila nagmamadali at nilagpasan ako. But she stopped in the middle and turn back to walk towards me again. "By the way, have you met your secretary?"

"Yup, Kuya Rift introduced her to me before the meeting started."

"Good."

She turned her back again and started walking without looking back again. It looks like she's hurrying up for something. Sinalubong siya ni Jane at sabay silang naglakad papalayo.

"Ma'am." Emma stood up as she saw me approaching. "Mr. Andrada's waiting for you inside."

My forehead creased as I heard of the name.

"Do I have an appointment with them?"

"No, Ma'am but he needs your sign."

I sighed deeply and look at her again. "Who's Andrada, anyway?"

Because there are two Mr. Andrada on their family. I just hoped it was the older one. At least, I can handle him better.

"Mr. Sinjin Andrada, Ma'am?" she said after checking the name.

I held my breath for a while, unmoving. I swallowed a lump on my throat and I tried my best to calm my heart down from reacting vigorously with just a mention of his name.

"Ma'am?"

I shook my head at Emma before I approached the big door of my office. I purposely avoided the chance to meet his eyes. I can see his figure through my peripheral vision but I didn't dare to look in his direction. He was sitting on the couch of the receiving area. I can feel how his eyes are darted at me.

He stood up.

"Good morning..." his cold voice went straight on my ears. It almost went down to give my spine chills.

I kept my straight face to pretend that I am not affected even if my traitor mind has been reminding me that before, I was the only person he used to greet with those.

"Good morning, Mr. Andrada," I said while walking towards my table. "Excuse me for a minute."

I proceeded on my table. I put my bag on the swivel chair and I removed my coat and hang it in the rack not far from my table. I grabbed a pen on my table so I may be ready for what is he bringing.

"Please do sit down," I said as I walked towards him and occupied the solo-seater sofa. That was the only time I look up to him.

My heart reacted more treacherously. Why? Why does it still beat the same on the person that I don't wanna be acquainted with again?

"Reese..."

I sighed.

"My name's Kill. And shouldn't we keep everything formal for business, Mr. Andrada?"

He cleared his throat. "I brought the contract, Miss Legrand."

My eyes darted on the brown envelope placed on the top of the center table. In hopes that I could make it as fast as I could so he can escort himself out immediately, wala na akong pinalagpas na oras.

"Are everything we talked about the last meeting in here?" I asked while scanning the clauses written.

"Yes. But you might have some revisions that we need to discuss."

"I believed we made it clear the last time."

"You are still not sure..."

Tumaas ang tingin ko sa kanya dahil saaking narinig. His eyes were looking straight at me like I was a movie he doesn't wanna miss. I don't think I would ever believe in anything he does, though...

I smirked at him. I place my leg on the top on the other and leaned a little. I saw how his eyes followed my movements, especially my legs.

"Why? Did you include something that should not be put here? Will you scam us?"

His forehead creased. "Of course not."

"Then I'll believe you, Mr. Andrada. Hindi ka naman magsisinungaling hindi ba? And I know you won't scam us." I said, turning the paper on another page. "Because you hate liars and you hate thieves." I chuckled lowly.

"What do you mean?"

I pursed my lips before I look up to him. I figured out that I don't really need to be anxious of having him around me. The mention of his name tugs a lot of emotion coming most especially from my chest. But as I look at him, the only thing that reigns in me is anger.

"Nothing... just thinking out loud." I gave him a small smile.

"Reese..."

Hindi ako sumagot. Nanatili sa papel na nasa kamay ko ang atensyon ko. I carefully scanned the papers because I still wanna make sure.

"I'll sign this now. I don't wanna keep you waiting."

Or to keep you here.

"You haven't read it all."

"I scanned it."

"Ganon mo ba talaga kaayaw na makita ako?"

My heart created a heavy and painful beat. I didn't look up to him, instead I focused my eyes on the papers I was holding.

"Yeah, just like how you can't even look at me that day, remember?" I sarcastically told him. I was expecting him to counter my words back because he was always like that... he doesn't like being insulted.

But nothing came after long seconds so I pretended that I was shocked at my own words. I put my hand to cover my mouth sophisticatedly.

"Oh, my bad. You're sorry na nga pala no?" I said before I faked an apologetic look.

His face darkened and his jaw clenched.

"Why are you sorry, anyway? Kasi nalaman mo kung sino talaga ako? Na hindi naman talaga ako nagsinungaling? Na ngayon may pakinabang na ako sayo?"

"Of course not. I tried my best to find you b-"

"Do you think I care?" putol ko.

He looked at me frustratingly but I returned his gaze with a sarcastic one.

Hindi naman iyon ang hinanap ko noon. The thing I wished for him to do is to look back at me, show even a flash of hesitation. But he didn't... he didn't give me a chance.

"I'm sorry... just please let me explain." his voice turned really emotional and low. "Baby, please..."

The sarcastic look I gave him vanished on my face. I exchanged it with a glare.

"Stop calling me that."

Without even trying, my voice turned cold. "And I don't need your apology, Six. I don't need explanations."

What's the use of explaining? It's been five years. Besides, I don't wanna hear excuses and pretend that it can plaster the huge crack it created to me. I was there. I called for him. I watched and begged but he just turned away from me. Ano bang dapat ipagliwanag pa doon kung wala namang malabo?

I hate him so much. I cannot imagine how worst everything can be if my brother wasn't able to find me that night? What could happen to me? What could have happened to the little life inside of me? Hindi ko kailanman kayang isipin na mabubuhay ako ng wala si Azariah.

The lower part of my eyes heated as the name of my son crossed my mind. My heart tightened. I unconsciously look at Six once again.

Aza doesn't know him and he doesn't know that Aza's existing. God... what do I do?

"I'm sorry..." he repeated.

My heart hurt more when I once again recognize the sadness in his eyes and voice. The kind of emotions I never thought could cross on an ice-cold man like him.

But Six, I am not the same person who will crawl back at you just because you say sorry again. I may not be able to move on from my love but I know to myself I would never come back to you again.

I would never cross on the lines again because I finally know that I am not for your world.

"Let's just treat each other like we never existed in each other's life before. My identity as Reese is fake, anyway."

I'm sorry, Aza. I don't think I'm ready to introduce you to your father.

My eyes went on his balled fist as I signed the contract that he brought. His knuckles are turning white because of how tight it was.

I carefully put it back on the brown envelope as I put down the pen that I was holding. Iniabot ko iyon kay Six pagkatapos at walang salita niya iyong tinanggap.

No one of us spoke for seconds. We just stared at each other's eyes. He aged well.

Tumayo ako at inilahad ang aking kamay sa kanyang harap. He stared at it for a while before he stood up to accept it.

"I'll expect a lot from you, Mr. Andrada. After all, your company's proposal is my mother's choice."

"It's a pleasure doing business with you, Miss Legrand." his usual cold voice returned back.

He held my hand and shake it while looking straight in my eyes. I nearly gasped when I felt a familiar old spark, creeping from our small interaction and flowing right on my veins. I held myself together no matter how shock I am to feel the kind of electricity that I already forgot for so long.

I didn't let myself falter from his gaze. I stared back at him just the same. I wanna prove him so bad that nothing from him can affect me anymore.

I tried to withdraw my hands away from him when I notice that we're already shaking each other's hands for too long.

"Mr. Andrada." I called him and shot him a warning look when he didn't let go of my hand.

Mas lalo niya pang hinigpitan ang pagkakahawak niya sa kamay ko noong sinubukan kong bawiin iyon sa kanya. My heart thumped fast.

What is he doing!

"You look great..." he said using his husky voice while staring into me.

My legs felt wobbly. If not only for the pride that I was trying to hold on, I would have resigned on standing like this.

No... Kill...

"I can now put my mind into rest knowing that you're safe..."

"Stop it." halos pabalong kong saad.

Liar! What does he mean by that, huh? Why is he acting like he's the one who suffered when he chose this! Everything of this!

"I regretted it, Kill..." lumuwag ang pagkakahawak niya sa aking kamay.

Fuck. Bakit?

Bakit ang sakit pa din?

I shook my head to him and even before my eyes can produce water, I forced my hand off him.

"See yourself out..." I said, completely disregarding everything I heard from him, pushing him away. I turned my back away from him but he caught me up immediately to stop me.

"Please... please listen to me..."

I chuckled hoarsely before I turned my back to face him again. I held his hand on my arm to remove it from me.

"Why would I? Nung nagmakaawa akong pakinggan mo ako, pinagbigyan mo ba ako?"

He bowed his head down. I never saw him this defeat until this day. It was breaking my heart yet it was giving me satisfaction knowing that I can already blurt out every frustration that I kept unto myself before.

"Hindi ba ako pwedeng magkamali?"

My lips parted. The heaviness in my chest became a lot bigger as I recognize the pain in his voice. He looked up and I met his bloodshot eyes.

"That's why I'm trying my best, baby... just give me a chance to prove you, I'm better now. Pakinggan mo naman ako..."

A lot of things started to mix up in my mind as I stared at his face that reflects his repentance. I fought back with my own emotions and remorse. I've been through so much because of that mistake. If only you believed, Six... if only...

I shook my head to him and I walked towards my table.Binalik kong muli ang tingin ko kay Six na pinapanood lamang.

"We're done, Six. So do me a favor and stop doing this because I really wanna do well on my first job but you're not helping..." I pressed the intercom. "Emma, please escort Mr. Andrada out." 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

598K 41.3K 9
Beneath a broken mask lies the truth behind the façade, and while masks can conceal pain, they cannot mend wounds. In the end, no mask was worth the...
213K 6.8K 48
Nick & Van Even if we ended up apart, at least, for a while... you were mine.
32M 1M 48
(Game Series # 1) For as long as Katherine could remember, Juan Alexandro Yuchengco has always been her dream guy. He's smart, kind, and could be fun...
6.9M 139K 51
PUBLISHED UNDER POP FICTION (SUMMIT BOOKS) The Neighbors Series #2 Highest Rank: #1 in General Fiction ** Meet the rich, gorgeous, hot and sexy Sapph...