𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 (𝙆...

By wishImMilkbread

‼️UNDER EDITING‼️ "Will I ever be enough?" Y/n L/n had always been known as the "other L/n" to everyone. She'... More

I-Meet the "family"
II-Say you love me
III-Tired
IV-Stay a little longer
V-Look at me that way
VI-Just one last time
VII-I wish you knew
VIII-Fridays
IX-Emails
XI-A pleasant surprise
XII-To love again
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
Author's Note
XX
EPILOGUE
SOON
KENMA X READER IS OUT
1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

X-A place you once called home

35.5K 1.3K 6.6K
By wishImMilkbread

Kuroo stared into space, thinking about Y/ns email.

Idiot, of course her friends would tell her eventually.

"Tetsu?" the girl sat in front of him asked, waving a hand in front of Kuroo's his to catch his attention.

"What are you thinking about?" S/n asks him with a bright smile.

"Nothing, just work." he lied.

"So when are we gonna tell them?" a smile formed on her lips, thinking about the reactions of both their families.

Kuroo loved S/n more than any girl he's ever met, well... not including his mom of course.

"Hmm..." Kuroo hummed as he thinks of a perfect date.

"How about when your sister gets home? My family can come to your house in Miyagi." Kuroo suggests.

She nods in response, her smile becoming brighter with the thought of her sister coming home.

Sure. He loved Y/n too, though not in the way he loved S/n.

She was different from the rest of  them, she made him better.

He needed her.

They needed each other.

"I don't have contact with Y/n..." S/n says, realizing not once has she asked for her sisters email address or contact number ever since she left for the United States.

"Do you?" she then asks Kuroo.

"No, I'm not sure anyone does." Kuroo lied once again.

She needs to know... I'll tell her soon.

No, we'll tell her soon.

The rest of their date proceeded normally, with Kuroo listening to S/n talk for hours happily.

Kuroo loved the sound of S/ns cheerful voice.

Though he also felt guilt, remembering Y/ns tone that cold night.

He wished he had realized it sooner, or that he had distinguished the difference between romantic and platonic feelings way before.

-The next day-

Kuroo sat at his office chair, looking blankly at his computer screen.

He saw many emails but decided to scroll further down to look for Y/n's.

He didn't know what to do.

Should he reply? He was starting to think that he should, but what would he say to her?

He could've easily got her email or number from Kenma by bugging him but what would he do with it?

We haven't talked in four years.

Kuroo brought out his phone and looked for her old number, seeing her last message.

"We have nothing to talk about."

He read it silently, knowing very well she was right after what he did. They have nothing to talk about.

He gathered the courage to open the email once again and reply.

From:tetsuruokuroo@gmail.com
To:y/n_l/n@gmail.com

'Y/n? How did you get my email addre'

No.

He presses the delete key.

We have nothing to talk about.

He thought all over and over again before realizing...

But they do.

He grabbed his car keys, practically racing to his friend's university.

He had a few questions in his mind;

1. What will he tell Kenma?

Sure, Kenma's mentioned talking to
Y/n a couple of times before.

But Kenma wouldn't betray Y/n that easily. He was the first person to recieve her new email address after all, one of the few people who had access to her social media accounts in Japan alone.

And Kenma became slightly distant toward Kuroo after he found out about what happened between the two.

The trust between them was too strong, and Kenma wouldn't break it unless it's an absolutely necessary.

2. Even if he does get Kenma to agree, what will he have him say?

Getting Kenma to agree wouldn't be easy. And so does figuring out what to have him say.

After all what happened, he can't just simply go "Hey Y/n, it's me your damned ex who's an asshole for leaving you for your sister. We have an important announcement to make and we would appreciate it if you gave us your precious time and came back to this place you once called home and now saw as cursed.".

Maybe an apology would be nice?

Err, she's quite vengeful.

3. How will she react?

He knows for a fact that she hates him, but how will she react when she finds out about the news?

4. What if she purposely messes things up for him?

She wouldn't do that...

Right?

As his car door opened, his nervousness started to consume him.

Knowing for a fact that Kenma still felt a bit mad at him for hurting one of his closest friends.

He searched the whole campus, looking for a certain pudding head.

Kuroo felt glances from girls to his direction, and glares from some of the male students that are hungry for attention.

He took a few more steps before realizing he had no idea about Kenma's schedule.

Or if he even had class that day.

He brought out his phone and opened Youtube and Twitch to see if he was live streaming but was soon interrupted when he felt light taps on his shoulder from behind.

Kuroo turned around to see a shorter figure, Kenma.

"What are you doing here?" Kenma asks, his eyes lazily looking at Kuroo like usual.

"Looking for you." Kuroo replies while smiling at his childhood friend.

"Hm." Kenma looks back down at his phone.

Kuroo and Kenma drove to the nearest cafe to discuss about Y/n.

He needed help bringing her back home. And he could only ask Kenma for help.

The dark haired male stood up to order, getting a cup of coffee for him and some apple pie for his friend.

"So?" Kenma asks Kuroo while their order arrived.

"I need help." He answers, scratching the back of his head while smiling.

Kenma raised his eyebrows, getting curious about why Kuroo was sweating intensely.

"With what?" Kenma questions, thinking of possible answers as to why Kuroo was so nervous and what he needed help with.

"Uhh... Do you know when Y/n is coming back home?" He asks nervously.

"Even if I did,  I wouldn't tell you." Kenma answers, scoffing and then pouting at his friend.

"Oh c'mon, Kenma! S/n and I are making an important announcement, she needs to be here." Kuroo explained.

"Why would you need your ex to be here so that you and your new girlfriend can make an announcement?" Kenma asks, starting to get pouty.

Kuroo, on the other hand, looked frustrated.

"If you're planning on hurting her then you might as well consider our friendship non-existent."

"Please, Kenma." Kuroo pleaded, earning a sigh from Kenma.

"No." Kenma replied.

"Pleaaaaaase. Can you resist this smile?" Kuroo teased.

Kenma groaned before sighing, getting annoyed at Kuroo and trying to control his temper.

"Tell me what's so important that you need her to come home." he demanded.

"We have a really important announcement to make, she needs to be here. S/n would be upset if she wasn't." Kuroo replied.

"And what's that?" Kenma asked.

"What's the point of the announcement if I just told you now?" Kuroo explained.

"Fair point.." Kenma said, looking down at his phone.

"So are you gonna help me?" Kuroo asked with hope gleaming in his eyes.

"Fine." the pudding head had no choice but to say yes, he thought that maybe this will lead to the closure Y/n didn't realize she needed.

"But you do the talking."

"If I did the talking then what's the point of asking you for help in the first place?" the dark haired male asked.

"If she says no to you then I'll drag her back to Japan myself." Kenma said, earning a sigh from Kuroo.

"Deal." Kuroo said.

"I knew you can't resist this smile." He teased.

"Shut up, you're not Shoyo." Kenma glared with his cat-like eyes.

...

Later that day, Kenma sent Kuroo Y/n's instagram account.

Kuroo scrolled through her feed, it was mostly arcade dates with her friends, pictures of her at a coffee shop, library photos, and stolen pictures of her at fast food chains.

She seemed happier.

She was better.

I'm glad.

But she still wasn't at her best, not with what happened right before she left.

Kuroo scrolled some more to see someone familiar standing with Y/n on one of her posted pictures.

But it wasn't just someone.

It was Kenma.

He exited Instagram and opened Line to message Kenma.

Annoying Rooster
You went to Connecticut?

Puddin'
We see each other
atleast twice a year.

Annoying Rooster
Why didn't you tell me?

Puddin'
I'm supposed to tell you?

Puddin'
Sometimes she's the one
who comes to Tokyo but
it's mostly me who comes
to see her.

Annoying Rooster
She comes home?

Puddin'
I need to go stream, bye lol.

Kenma was the only person Y/n was still talking to even after she left Japan, Kuroo realized that Kenma must have something planned and in order for it to happen, Y/n needed to be home.

So he agreed.

Kuroo opened instagram once again and clicked Y/n's profile, clicking the message button.

TetsuruoK
We need to talk.

Kuroo waited for a few minutes before finally getting a response.

definitelynotY/n
Damn, I knew you were stalking me.

Kuroo could feel the sarcasm radiating off the screen, her attitude changed over the past four years they haven't talked, that's for sure.

TetsuruoK
When are you coming home?

definitelynotY/n
Moving a little too fast now.
Huh, buddy?

Little did he know that from the other side of the screen was Y/n laughing as she enjoyed annoying the sh*t out of him.

TetsuruoK
Let's cut to the chase.
Come home.

definitelynotY/n
How about...

Kuroo waited a few second for her reply.

definitelynotY/n
No.

Kuroo groaned.

Since when did she turn this annoying?

Y/n giggled, imagining his annoyed expression. She didn't even care why he was so desperately trying to get her attention, she just wanted to piss him off.

TetsuruoK
Come home, Y/n.
This is important.

definitelynotY/n
Holy crap did someone die?

Y/n learned another language besides english when she went abroad.

She was now fluent in sarcasm.

definitelynotY/n
Anyways, why should I come
home to that hell hole?

TetsuruoK
Me and your sister
have an important
announcement to make.

definitelynotY/n
What is it?  Did you finally
figure out how to get fat
pigs to fly?

Kuroo was starting to get annoyed.

But two can play at this game.

TetsuruoK
Kenma will tell you once he
drags your ass back to Japan.

definitelynotY/n
He would never.

TetsuruoK
Oh he would.
Who do you think
gave me your account?

Y/n threw her phone at her bed, then following her body before groaning into her pillow.

What are you thinking, Kenma?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 546 6
❝ If only I know you'll taste this good I should've kissed you a long time ago. ❞ Catching feelings for your best friend, Kuroo, is probably the wors...
28.1K 678 16
· · ─────── ·୨୧· ─────── · · THIS USES THEY/THEM (But for Hinata and Kenma they call you "Nii-san") Sunny morning, officially no parents for 5 months...
64 0 11
In a world of shifting tides, Y/n faces the heart-wrenching task of leaving behind her hometown and cherished friends, including him Kuroo, who left...
247K 5.8K 21
You and Kuroo were once in love... until one day, he forgot all about you. *This is a random fanfic written on a whim. I do not own the characters no...