Feisty Fiancée

By ChristyCampos3

A spy who works alone has fallen in love with a leader who steals valuable artistry, but can she ever learn t... More

Love is a Dangerous Resource
L'amour est un oiseau rebelle
Betrayal of the Heart
Recruiting Tony Rozotto
Fight for Affection
Sacrifices
A change of direction
Treasures of the Past
Wedding preparations and Muskrat Mayhem
Complicated memories
Matters of the Heart
The Wedding Must go on
Live your best life

Rescue Mission

0 0 0
By ChristyCampos3

Alfredo tracked down Charlie because he knew he was gonna need backup; Even though he knew for certain that Charlie wasn't going to agree. "Charlie, I know you don't believe in Jeanette right now, but she is in serious trouble!" Alfredo told him. "I need your help!" "No! Why should I help a backstabber? She deserves everything she gets." Charlie replied. "She doesn't deserve this! The mangler is after her!" Alfredo told him.

"I know you were crazy about her, but aren't you overdoing the excuses to see her again?" Charlie asked. "The mangler is in prison, remember?" "He escaped!" "Ok, so what if he did escape? It's none of our business." "Do you really want her death to be on your head?" "She's a spy; Not a member of the Venice Gold Vessels." "We took her into our group, so as far as we're concerned… we're obligated to help her." "I know you're never gonna let this go, so I'll help on one condition. Once we defeat the mangler, we'll never see or talk to Jeanette Olivier ever again." "Fair enough, I doubt she wants to talk to me anyway. Things got heated after you left." "I can only imagine." "There's one thing that doesn't make sense though…"

"What do you mean?" "I ran into a worker that said that the Regent Diamond was just stolen… Jeanette was with us the whole time and it's clear that she doesn't work with anyone." "So you're saying that while we got the swat team distracted… someone took the opportunity to take a very valuable diamond?" "I'm probably a little paranoid, but Cynthia was the only one who wasn't with us… we know how much she loves diamonds… and the worker told me she almost got him fired." "Are you starting to believe everything Jeanette was telling you?" "You can't tell me it isn't a little suspicious." "Well, Cynthia's purse is right there… check for yourself if you think she was the one who stole it." "I'm afraid to know the answer… What if Jeanette was right? What if we can't trust Cynthia?"

"Then we'll end up looking like complete idiots. I'll do it if it'll make you happy." Charlie took a peek in each compartment and found the Regent Diamond along with the engagement ring Alfredo gave Jeanette. "How did she get this engagement ring? Jeanette threw it at me!" "Perhaps she stole it from your little talk." "How do you know about that?" "She told me you were feeling sorry for yourself." "Yeah, she wasn't exactly on the sympathetic scale…" "If Cynthia is as bad as Jeanette says; What's to stop her from turning Jeanette to The Mangler herself?" Charlie asked. "Apparently, the mangler already has outside help from Mr. Sweet-talking Sweden." "The target practice guy?" "Yeah… I see why she has trouble trusting people; she hasn't had much luck when it comes to guys." "I suppose we also shattered any hope for decent mankind?" "It definitely didn't help."

"Right… I guess we did judge her too quickly at the first sight of trouble." "I don't even think anything could make it up to her, but I couldn't live with myself if I let the mangler kill her." "What happened to Victor?" "He went to check on her; He was so sure she wasn't the one who betrayed us." "She could be anywhere!" "I'm assuming that since we spoiled her first trip to France that she's probably heading back home right about now." "And since Victor hasn't come back; He must have joined her. Do you think he's making a move? He did love that Giraffe Bongo Party painting!"

"Ha, ha… very funny. Let's hurry up before we miss her flight!" Back on the plane, Jeanette and Victor were buckling themselves down. "I... have to admit something… I'm kind of... afraid of flying." Victor told her. "Kind of?" Jeanette asked. "Don't you guys travel all over the place?" "Yeah, I'm not the most pleasant traveling companion… Usually they just shove headphones on my ears and tell me to close my eyes and pretend that we're in the car." "Does it work?" "I don't know, I usually fall asleep halfway through." "I suppose that's a good sign." "Attention passengers, there is a change in plans… We are not heading to Italy." A voice on the speaker called out. "What?" Jeanette asked. "What's going on?"

"Our new destination is… Sweden?" The voice continued. "Oh, no!" Jeanette exclaimed, getting a bad feeling just like every time she knows something is up. "Is that bad?" Victor asked. "Well, we certainly don't live in Sweden." Jeanette answered. "But I know who mentioned it a lot…" "Is there a problem, Jeanette Olivier?" Jean Raphael asked, taking a seat in the aisle across from them. "A promise is a promise, isn't it?" "Yeah, except somehow I get the feeling that this is something more than just a simple promise." Jeanette narrowed her eyes at him, suspiciously. "How clever you are, Jeanette, but you always have a habit of discovering things at the last second. You say you don't trust people and somehow you always manage to get caught in a trap… why is that?" Jean Raphael asked. "I don't have to explain anything to you!" Jeanette exclaimed. "Is it because you're more lonely than you let on… That you constantly seek attention from those who compliment you… Because your father died in a tragic boating incident and there's no one left to comfort you when you're feeling low?"

"You… killed him?" Jeanette asked, quietly, trying to process the newfound information. "Surprise, surprise… Your complicated relationship with Cynthia gave me the perfect opportunity to strike without you suspecting me. The mangler is looking forward to meeting with you again, you know." Jean Raphael told her. "So did you set up the swat team?" "Nah, that was all Cynthia's idea. She clearly wanted to get rid of you. Personally, Cynthia's more my type than you are. She doesn't stop until she gets what she wants. You melt down at the prettiest face. Tell me where did that get you? The minute he thinks you betray him; He's out the door. The only one that really has your back is the village idiot over here; Who couldn't even protect you even if he tried."

"Yeah, well at least this village idiot cared enough to come on a plane with me! Don't worry, I'm not planning to see Alfredo's hideous face anytime soon and I don't need anyone to protect me!" "So let me guess; You're back to being the Lone Agent? Sometimes, being alone is your worst enemy and it can get you into some precarious situations." "Then you're lucky she's not alone!" Alfredo exclaimed, as he and Charlie had finally managed to board the plane. "What are you doing here?" Jeanette scowled at them. "Listen, I know we're not your most favorite people right now, but you really need us!" Alfredo told her. "You're wrong, I don't need any of you!" Jeanette exclaimed, turning to walk away as Jean Raphael took the opportunity to hit her in the back of her head with a tray.

"I'm taking you to Sweden!" He exclaimed, swiping her up, so he could lock her in the pilot's cockpit. "No!" Alfredo exclaimed, chasing after him. "Leave her alone!" "Don't worry about them." Cynthia smiled, holding him back. "She's perfectly fine." "How can you say that?! He just hit her with a tray!" Alfredo exclaimed, trying to get loose.

"I know you guys have been snooping around my purse; Let's talk about that instead." Cynthia replied, pulling out a handgun. "I don't appreciate anyone snooping their noses where they don't belong." "Says the girl who stole my family's engagement ring!" Alfredo exclaimed. "This is not the best time to bring that up." Charlie told him, reminding him about the gun. While they were distracted with the argument about the engagement ring, Victor took the opportunity to knock Cynthia out with a tray. "Wow, I had no idea that was in you!" Alfredo exclaimed in shock. "Yeah, yeah… it's not like you guys were getting anywhere with her." Victor answered. "Plus she kind of deserves it for framing Jeanette." "Which she clearly does hate me now…" Alfredo whispered. "I don't think I'll ever get Jeanette to trust me again."

"You think?" Victor asked. "You said some very hurtful things to her! I wouldn't have forgiven you neither!" "What exactly did you say to her that got her so angry at you?" Charlie asked. "I may have told her... I could see why Tony Rozotto left her for Cynthia and that I couldn't understand why he still thought so highly of her." Alfredo looked at the ground in shame. "Oh, yeah… I see how that turned out!" Charlie laughed. "It turns out Cynthia was a raging maniac!" "Speaking of Cynthia… don't you think we should stick her somewhere secure, so when she comes to… you know, she couldn't threaten to kill us again?" Victor asked.

"Good point, we should really lock her up!" Charlie exclaimed. "Can you two handle her? I really have to get to Jeanette before something horrifying happens." Alfredo asked them. "Fine, go ahead!" Charlie dismissed him. "You probably need the extra points to stay on her good side anyway." "Wow, thanks, Charlie." Alfredo said, sarcastically. "Let's not forget that you were the first to abandon her." "Yeah, but I wasn't the one who was engaged to her for a day." Charlie smirked.

Suddenly, the plane was going faster and they slid across the floor. "Looks like someone is in a hurry to get to Sweden…" Alfredo said. "I've got to break down the door quickly!" "Years of stealing national treasures has led you to this moment… make the Venice Gold Vessels proud." Charlie saluted him. "Come on! I broke down safes that were more difficult to crack…" Alfredo said, trying to bust the door down. When that didn't work, he spotted Jeanette's ray gun sitting at her seat. "Please, don't fail me now…" He took it and turned the switch to buzzsaw. To his surprise, the door came down easy with it.

Hmmm, this thing is so cool… If Jeanette wasn't so angry at me, I would've asked her to make me one of these, He thought. Then again… she probably wouldn't want to encourage me in using it for criminal purposes. Once he got in, he switched the ray gun to freeze, but before he could use it on Jean Raphael, it was snatched out of his hands. "Wow, I've always wanted this!" Jean Raphael exclaimed, pointing it at Alfredo. "Imagine all of the things I could do with this! For example, I could wipe Jeanette's memory and you couldn't do anything about it because you will be frozen. Once her memory is gone, she is no longer a threat to us."

"I don't think so!" Jeanette exclaimed, coming out of her unconsciousness, so that she could attack him. He switched it to memory loss and zapped her before she could reach him. "Seriously?! How do you do it so fast?!" Alfredo exclaimed, before he could do anything, he had gotten himself frozen. "I was hustling Jeanette when we met at the shooting range, I could actually beat her blindfolded." Jean Raphael told him. "I had to get her to Sweden, right? The Mangler doesn't like to be kept waiting!" "Who is the Mangler?" Jeanette asked, confused due to her memory loss. "No need to worry your pretty head about that." Jean Raphael smiled, giving the ray gun a quick kiss. "I'm sure you'll get along just fine." "Not if I can help it!" Charlie exclaimed, tackling him to the ground, and snatched the ray gun out of his hands.

"Uh, guys… who's steering the plane?" Victor asked, as the plane suddenly dropped down. "Oh, great! We've been fighting without the use of autopilot!" Charlie exclaimed. "Which one is it?" Victor asked, panicking at the thought of crash landing. "Don't just press and touch everything!" Charlie exclaimed, struggling to keep Jean Raphael from escaping his grasp. "There's too many controls!" Victor exclaimed. Everyone went flying across the floor and bumped into the control panel. "I don't like this at all!" Victor exclaimed. "Here, pin him down! I'll take care of this mess you made." Charlie told him. "Just don't let him go no matter what." "Hello, boys." Cynthia said, leaning against the doorway. "How did she get loose?!" Charlie exclaimed.

"You've underestimated my skills, darling." Cynthia replied, taking the ray gun from his grasp. "Maybe you're forgetting that I was the one who got my hands on the original Mona Lisa. I'm not some amateur like you guys." "Why are you so evil?" Victor asked her. "Good question, maybe you should ask Jeanette. Oh, wait! You can't!" Cynthia laughed. "It's not a good time, Cynthia, we're about to crash." Charlie told her.

"Actually, it's the perfect time!" Cynthia exclaimed. "You can all die with this plane, I've got what I wanted! The most powerful weapon of all time! Au revoir, mes amis."  She switched it to helicopter mode and jumped out of the plane. "Oh, no! If that weapon is caught in the wrong hands… there's no telling what could happen!" Charlie exclaimed. "What's even worse, we can't give Jeanette her memory back!" Victor exclaimed. "On the bright side, she'll forget all about the fight." Charlie said.

"That's not a good reason to have her lose her memory." Victor pointed out. "If she doesn't have her memory, she can't help us fight back." "Since when are you the most logical one?" Charlie asked him. "What can I say, Jeanette is a pretty good influence." Victor smiled. "So... we've got a lot to figure out right now,  but we need to thaw out Romeo first." Charlie began, lighting a match, and held it against the ice that shielded Alfredo. "I'd hate to face The Mangler with this guy on my side, but I suppose we'll have to take what we can get." "I can still hear you, you know." Alfredo said, relieved about being able to move again. "This may be a long shot, but we need to find Tony Rozotto. He went to spy school with Jeanette. Maybe he knows how Jeanette builds her weapons."

"We'll need any kind of help we can get if we're going to restore Jeanette's memory, track down Cynthia before she wreaks havoc across the country, and defeat the mangler." Charlie said. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but the spy team is back on." "Oh, come on! You don't look like spies to me." Jeanette said. "I could still see you." "Victor, make sure Jean Raphael is securely put away." Charlie said. "Actually, let me handle him." Alfredo said. "I've got a bone to pick with him."

"Be my guest." Victor smiled, handing Jean Raphael over to Alfredo. "If you ever mess with Jeanette again, I will hunt you down." Alfredo whispered to him, putting him in a headlock. "I know we didn't like each other back at the shooting range, but now I can't wait to call you my official enemy without a gun." Jeanette punched Jean Raphael in the stomach. "Take that!" She exclaimed. "Wow, for someone who lost her memory… she sure knows how to fight." Victor said. Jeanette laughed, "I didn't lose my memory, idiot! I created the ray gun, so that it couldn't be used against me. I need to stay sharp on the job, so if someone really was able to steal my weapon... I wouldn't want them to wipe my memory or worse."

"Then why didn't you stop Cynthia from grabbing it?" Alfredo asked. "Unfortunately, she's still able to use it on other people." "Oh, I have a great plan for her." Jeanette answered, taking out a remote control. "The switch isn't the only thing that controls it." "That would have been nice to know before Jean Raphael froze me." Alfredo said. "Nah, you deserved that." Jeanette laughed. "Wow, you really are vengeful!" Alfredo exclaimed. "Oh, yeah. I also know how to fly a plane, but I wanted to see you squirm." Jeanette added. "Listen, I appreciate your help this far, but it's about time we go our separate ways." "Nope, Cynthia was part of our group and we are responsible for her." Alfredo told her. "We have the obligation to stop her from destroying the world." "Ha! You don't have the courage to face Cynthia." Jeanette laughed. "You turn your tail at the first sight of a swat team."

"Yeah, we deserve that…" Alfredo said, shamefully. "Still, you need us." "Do I?" Jeanette asked, raising an eyebrow. "If I want someone to tell me I'm such a monster; I'm sure I can look elsewhere." "I didn't call you a monster!" Alfredo exclaimed. "No, but you came pretty close… didn't you?" Jeanette asked. "I know... I said things I shouldn't have… I'm sorry and I do regret it." Alfredo answered. "I'm not letting you go that easily. Tell me that I was right and you were wrong, Cynthia is a psycho." "Fine, you were right and I was wrong." Alfredo repeated. "Cynthia is a psycho." "Tell me that you have the right to shove your foot in your mouth." Jeanette smiled, enjoying this. "I have the right to shove my foot in my mouth." Alfredo rolled his eyes. "From now on you'll do whatever I say, whatever I want, no matter how embarrassing it might be. Up until the time we capture Cynthia and the Mangler… you are my slave and prisoner. Our relationship is strictly professional and you can only get within 5 feet of me."

"You know, I like her better already!" Charlie smiled. "Don't think you're getting away easily! The same thing applies to you. I want to hear you promise to follow the same rules." Jeanette told him. "Ok! Ok! I promise!" Charlie exclaimed. "Good, now that we've got this sorted… I can track down Cynthia." Jeanette became satisfied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

565 73 23
Angeline had left everything behind, including her feelings for the wrong guy. But after many years away her past comes crashing down on her. She is...
Not as it seems By Sleepyboi

Mystery / Thriller

87 4 18
Amelia has a lot of artistic skills, but she ends up getting tangled in a crime. She falls in love, but can she trust him?
68.9K 3.3K 28
When one of the most good looking guy of the office suddenly falls for the ugliest guy, what will be the reaction of Mr. Ugly? And how will everybody...