Icy like diamonds || Ryeji

By itzyau

Arranged marriage AU Shin Ryujin, the girl surrounded by rumors, finds herself in an arranged marriage with H... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Part 2

Chapter 29

7.2K 390 160
By itzyau

"You're far too conceited, Ryujin."

"I like it."

Yeji turned her head to face hers, she could feel the older girl's gaze on her but didn't turn to face her. Instead, she made sure to focus on the road ahead, something that seemed like a difficult task when she could feel Yeji looking right at her.

Before she could say something else, Ryujin spoke again. "I like when you say my name."

Maybe Yeji got caught off guard. Maybe she had expected such words to come out of her mouth. Whatever the case might be, Ryujin wasn't able to tell because Yeji turned to face the side window, hiding her reaction from view. Leaving Ryujin smiling to herself. She was happy to get a reaction from Yeji, even if she didn't get to see exactly what it had been.

"You're so annoying." she heard a moment later, hardly being able to tell the words apart as they came in the form of mumbled words.

She didn't bother arguing, smiling again to herself as she busied herself with turning on a playlist as they waited on yet another traffic light. Yeji didn't complain about it either. Maybe she didn't have the energy, or maybe her music taste didn't bother her.

Ryujin hadn't actually thought about their destination and now, driving without somewhere to be, it all felt somehow freeing. She had originally thought to do such thing because of Yeji's poor mood but, maybe she had also been needing this. Simply driving aimlessly while her favorite tracks played through the speakers of Yeji's car. No thinking or worrying. Just the sun hitting her and warming her skin as the wind blows her hair back through her cracked window.

She could tell that Yeji was fond of her playlist by the way her head occasionally moved to the beat or by how her lips seemed to mouth to the words. Not that she was paying attention, but sometimes it would catch her eye, making her glance at the girl.

Tension was apparent and Ryujin was sure that she was not the only one to notice it. She wasn't even sure what had caused it. Had it been the fact she had essentially kidnapped Yeji? Or was it the occasional eye contact they would accidentally make most of the time she glanced at Yeji? Perhaps it was simply the fact they weren't comfortable around each other. Maybe even all the options wrapped into one extremely tense situation.

It was strange. The feeling of relaxing and feeling freed of all the stress. While also feeling tense about the company and their current situation.

Even more so knowing she had caused it.

Somehow, despite the tension she felt, Yeji didn't look as upset as she would have imagined. In fact, she had hardly argued against the sudden decision. Resorting to accepting it calmly and sitting passively next to her.

Something was definitely up with Yeji, she would normally have fought her with everything she had to get out of spending time with her. Let alone do something irresponsible like skipping her afternoon classes.

"I can feel you glancing at me every two seconds. What is it?" Yeji suddenly spoke up, interrupting her thoughts and leaving her too shocked to come up with an immediate excuse.

"I'm surprised you're going along with this, that's all."

Yeji shrugged casually, still focusing on the view instead of her. "Is that your way of asking about it?"

"Maybe." she admitted, looking back at the road.

"It's not because of you. If you're thinking that."

Ryujin nearly chuckled but stopped herself from doing so. She wasn't that delusional to think she would be the reason why Yeji was sat besides her at the moment. "I wasn't."

"Good."

"Great."

There was a moment of silence between them, just as the music came to a stop for the next track to start. It was only a split second and yet it made her feel the tension again.

Ryujin was pretty sure she was the only one who felt it, as Yeji never seemed bothered by it. Then again, she would hardly react to her existence at all. Let alone to their supposed tension.

Spotting something that caught her attention, Ryujin pulled over, moving to get off the car. Such action earned her a curious look from Yeji who didn't question her but there was no need for words, her confused expression said it all.

"I'll be right back." she yelled out, leaving Yeji to stare as she rushed.

A few minutes later, she got back to the car, holding a bag and showcasing a proud smile. Yeji didn't seem to notice her presence until she opened the car door, startling the older girl who seemed to be staring off as she enjoyed her playlist that was still playing through the speakers.

She didn't answer the question that was lingering as Yeji stared curiously between the bag and Ryujin. Instead, she hid it from her and drove off. Not failing to notice how Yeji continued to stare at her. Probably out of curiosity.

A few minutes later, they arrived somewhere. A place she had only gone to a couple times but many used for stress relief. Somewhere popular for those who liked to walk and hitchhiking. Personally, she wasn't a big fan of it but, she did enjoy the view. Besides, there's nothing more calming than nature.

"You're not expecting me to hike, are you?" Yeji quickly questioned, looking at the few people they could see.

Ryujin smiled, throwing the bag her way before shaking her head. "Of course not."

That seemed to only leave the other more confused. Holding onto the bag while she continued to stare right at her for a moment too long. Breaking their eye contact just as it was starting to feel too awkward.

She inspected the content in the bag for a few seconds, not saying anything as she did so. Ryujin didn't bother commenting on it either. Instead, she leaned her car seat back and turned up the volume. Her playlist still playing as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the music.

"What is this for?"

Yeji sounded small. Smaller than she had heard her before. Maybe it was because of how loud the music was, drowning out the sound of Yeji's voice, or maybe it was a new side of her. Whatever it might be, it peaked her interest as she opened her eyes to be met with Yeji who wasn't even looking in her direction. Instead, she was looking at what Ryujin had bought. As if it was a big deal.

It wasn't.

"You always eat snacks when you're in a particularly bad mood." she pointed out, waving her hand in a dismissive motion before closing her eyes again.

It was nice.

The sun hitting her while the breeze blew through the open windows.

It felt relaxing.

Yeji didn't say anything else, not that it surprised her. But she heard her moving and she could hear the noise of the girl opening the snacks she had bought her. Something that instantly made her smile.

About three minutes later, judging by how a full song had played in the meantime, she felt a nudge to her arm. Her eyes opening immediately at the sudden physical contact.

Ryujin was surprised to be met with yeji's side profile. The girl wasn't even looking her way, focusing instead on the view ahead of them. Yet her hand was holding out an open bag, clearly waiting for her to accept the offer. And who was she to say no to Hwang Yeji?

Once she grabbed a few chips off the bag, Yeji went right back to eating them. Still not bothering to look at her. But maybe it was a good thing because it was difficult to look away from the view that was Yeji in that moment. And she did not need the older girl noticing how she was staring at her. Not again.

As a new song started to play, Yeji moved. Making herself more comfortable in the car seat and leaning it back slightly but not enough to be by her side, as Ryujin was nearly laying down. Yeji seemed comfortable. Calmer.

Ryujin wasn't sure what had worked, if the kidnapping, the view or the snacks. She certainly wasn't calmer due to the company, that's for sure. But that didn't keep her from feeling like she had accomplished something as she saw Yeji's body language relaxing.

"I like this song."

It was barely a whisper but Ryujin heard it, even through the music playing.

She wanted to know more. Ask if she only liked this one. If they listened to the same songs. If Yeji had the same music taste as she did. But Ryujin didn't ask. That would be pushing her luck, so she remained silent, hoping the other would speak again."

She didn't.

Instead, Yeji did as she had done. Closing her eyes as the sun hit her face.

It was the same thing she had done minutes before but when Yeji did it, it felt different. Special? She couldn't help but stare, even if it was likely the other could tell she was doing it. As she often called her out on it.

Then, she sighed doing the same and leaning back into her seat. Focusing only on the warmth of the sun and the song playing.

"You don't have to deal with things alone now." she blurted out. It was barely audible and she wasn't even sure if the other heard it but she wanted to say it. As if announcing it was necessary.

If Yeji had heard the words, she gave no indication of it. But Ryujin was okay with that. Maybe eventually she would make sure she heard that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 12.3K 41
Yeji, together with her friends, went to Jeju Island to celebrate their college graduation. While having a good time and living her life to the fulle...
29.5K 1.1K 41
Yeji and Ryujin met on a dating app. One is only looking for a past time, the other a genuine connection. However, circumstances seem to bring them t...
45.7K 1.8K 55
her, it's always been her. Shin Ryujin. Hwang Yeji worked at a small cafe shop near at her house. Shin Ryujin was a successful soloist in an industry...
28.3K 1.5K 10
During a 10 years reunion after high school, Ryujin and Yeji reunite