Bye Gymnastics, Hello Boardin...

By silverandblacklining

Savannah Greene has to deal with life out of gymnastics. She is forced to retire and sent away to a boarding... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (Final)

Chapter 7

6K 129 13
By silverandblacklining

“Jeremy...” I was lost of words.

            He smiled sweetly at me, anxiously waiting my response.

            “Jeremy, I have a boyfriend back home,” I finally said.

            He nodded, not satisfied, but accepted the fact, “Gymnast too?”

            I shrugged, “We don’t see anyone other than gymnasts.”

            He grinned, “Well, I hope this isn’t going to be awkward.”

            “It won’t,” I firmed.

            “Before we close this topic, can I just say something?”

            I nodded.

            “Long distance never works in JBA,” he said.

            Before he walked away, he whispered in my ear, “I’ll wait for you.”

            That was so bizarre!

            Classes were such a bore. I can’t believe while I was training and travelling the world, the rest of the people my age had to endure this sort of suffering. I was so used to home school where I could arrange my own timetable. At least I had gymnastics to look forward to. Well, I still do, but it’s an extra drag having to mingle with strangers swooning over me as if I were a talking monkey.

            “Anna darling, how are you?” a Barbie kissed my cheeks.

            “Fine, I got to go for Chem,” I said quickly.

            “Oh no, let me walk you there! I have Chem now too!” She quickly tangles her arm into mine and pulls me to the direction of the Chem lab.

            “So Anna,” she beams.

            “Actually, I go by Savannah now,” I replied coldly.

            “Oh of course, wouldn’t want everyone treating you differently, now would we?” she said referring to the rest of the high school.

            I rolled my eyes and replied sarcastically, “Oh no, imagine the horror.”

            “I know right?” She beamed. Gosh, this Barbie is so bimbotic.

            When we reached the Chem lab, I quickly took a seat next to Mia and Barbie frowned, quickly covering up, “Okay, I’ll see you later, Savannah!”

            Mia giggled, “Victim of Princess George?”

            My eyes widened, “That’s her name?”

            “It’s a nickname. Her real name is Patricia, but her father is the chairman of the school, and every time he makes a speech, he’ll be sure to mention his darling ‘Princess’, hence the name. Plus, it suits her, don’t you think?”

            “Definitely, she isn’t very bright, is she?”

            “Not even the slightest,” Mia laughed.

            “Savannah!” Princess yelled through the crowd.

            Mia and Max snuck off to their ‘secret make out spot’, so I was left alone after Chem. I ducked my head and did my best avoiding the royal pain in the ass.

            My head hit another person. When I looked up, of course, it was Jeremy. Who else?

            Princess caught up as the crowd slowly cleared.

            “Finally Savannah, this crowd is crazy!” Princess grinned putting her arm around me.

            I looked at Jeremy and pleaded him with my eyes to get me out of this situation.

            Jeremy frowned, “Princess uh, would you mind giving Savannah and I a second?”

            “Sure! I’ll wait for you at the ladies, Savannah!” She said skipping off to the bathroom.

            I frowned, “Uh, actually, I think I’ll just see you later at lunch!”

            She skipped through the door, so I wasn’t sure if she heard me.

            “Man, that girl is clingy!” I exclaimed.

            Jeremy scoffed, “Clingy is an understatement. She does this to anyone who attracts the press.”

            I laughed, “She tried to be your girlfriend, didn’t she?”

            He rolled his eyes, “Royal pain in the—”

            “—ass,” I interrupted him.

            We laughed in unison.

            “Jeremy, I know what you said just now, but I—”

            “—just want to be friends?” he finished my sentence.

            I nodded.

            He rolled his eyes and grunted playfully, “That’s going to be really tough.”

            I laughed, “Seriously man. Even if I get out of this relationship, which I won’t, I’m not going to date you! You’re like my best guy friend, man.”

            He clutched his chest, “Ouch, I just got friend-zoned!”

            I rolled my eyes, “Come on you doofus. We have Business together.”

            “Oh I wish,” he sighed.

            I couldn’t focus during Business. I kept peeping through my eyelashes, catching Jeremy’s eye occasionally and giggling.

            Stop it, Savannah! I tried my best to shake off the urge to peep again. Why do I feel attracted to him? I still love Wesley. I really do!

            Screw Business, if I were to make a comeback in gymnastics and have good grades, mom would probably blabber on and on about how well I’m doing in school. Whatever, I’ll just flunk all the exams but try my best to follow—just in case the gymnastics doesn’t work out. Which it will! But, every gymnast always has a plan B when plan A screws up.

            By lunch, I was exhausted trying to avoid Princess. The gang were great trying to help. They’ve obviously done it before. When Princess was dragging me to the girls’ bathroom after Business, Max swiftly grabbed me and told Princess that there was an emergency and they needed me desperately. In History later, Alexa and Rayna sandwiched me between them so I wouldn’t have to endure sitting next to Princess.

            At the lunch table, everyone put their bags on the empty chairs so it’ll look like we didn’t have room. Princess bounced from guy to guy, flirting about, before grabbing a chair and wedging herself between Jeremy and I.

            “So, Savannah how was your third day in school?” Princess asked.

            I managed a vague smile and replied politely, “Fine.”

            Alexa looked like she was going to burst, “Princess, stop with your manipulative games to try to be popular and in the spotlight of the media. Savannah just wants to be a regular student here, without attracting any press, so you might as well stop this ridiculous charade now.”

            Princess flushed, she looked like she was about to cry. She muttered a weak apology and headed to the girls’ bathroom.

            I sighed, “Alexa, you didn’t have to be so mean.”

            Jeremy shook his head, “She does this, Savannah. When I first got here, she blackmailed me into bringing her to one of my buddy’s gatherings for the team. Make no mistake, she’s a manipulative bitch.”

            “I don’t care what she’s done. All she did was cling to me a little. She didn’t deserve to be treated like that, Alexa,” I growled. I got up and jogged after Princess. I could hear Jeremy yelling my name from a distance, but I didn’t stop.

            I could hear Princess whimpering and crying inside a bathroom stall. My heart sank. No one should feel that miserable. I remembered crying harder than her when my mom told me I was to leave for JBA the next day and quit gymnastics forever. I could feel her pain. It made me want to cry too.

            “Savannah!” Jeremy yelled. No way can you come in here, Jeremy. I sighed in relief.

            “Princess, come out. Please, ignore Alexa. You know how she can be.”

            Jeremy barged in.

            “Jeremy, this is the girls’ bathroom. You can’t be in here!” I exclaimed.

            He swung me onto him and shoulder carried me out of the bathroom. I felt my face turn red. The entire cafeteria could see this! Take pictures and post it on the freaking internet! Oh god. I kicked and punched, but damn, he was strong. I felt grateful that I was wearing jeans and not a skirt today.

            “Listen, I wasn’t kidding when I said Princess blackmailed me,” Jeremy spoke in a low voice. He took me to a quiet corner near the library and the sports block.

            “What did she do?” I asked.

            “She held a secret against me. So I obliged and brought her to the event with press. She lied to a press saying that I was secretly training in boarding school and I would represent a different country when I was eligible for the Olympics.”

            My jaw dropped, “If she tells the press I was still training, I’m dead.”

            “Exactly why I had to go into the ladies,” he rolled his eyes.

            I laughed, “Are you going to get into trouble for that?”

            “Hopefully not,” he chuckled.

            “Did you get my Whatsapp message yesterday?”

            “Nope, my phone’s busted,” he replied.

            “Oh, um I found out only yesterday that you were an Olympic hopeful swimmer. I was wondering if you’d tell me about your career since Rayna insisted you’d want to tell me yourself,” I couldn’t help blushing.

            He smiled, “My uncle is a big shot in the swimming world. I was the protégé to the protégé.”

            “Why’d you quit?” I flushed after asking that so unsubtly.

            He sighed, “It was so stressful. I knew I was good at swimming, but... I knew the only career I’d ever make out of it would be a coach. I didn’t want to coach.”

            I pouted, “It’s the Olympics!”

            He sighed, “It was even more stressful, since I’m Michael Phelps’ nephew.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 11.2K 72
නුඹ නිසා දැවුණි.....💙 නුඹෙන් මා නිවෙමි......💙
43.6K 793 34
"I think you should go." "Can't handle the truth princess?" "No, I can't handle your lies." "The clock doesn't lie darlin, you've said it yourself." ...
53.6K 1.3K 57
Fourth year was a unsettling year: the Triwizard Tourtement, blackmailing Cumberland, seeing Cedric Diggory dead in the middle of the Quidditch Pitch...
182K 3.4K 20
Ashley Peterson is a stunning girl that lives for soccer and is the only daughter of a great coach but when she has to move half way across the world...