The Don's Maid

By melaninprincess__021

•¶• Giovanni Machiavelli is a man hell bent on revenge after the death of his mother. He is a monster and car... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
!!ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Epilogue
Announcement

Chapter 23

9.9K 253 5
By melaninprincess__021

Above is a picture of cheerful Debra. I know the model isn't smiling but who cares.
P.S It is okay to imagine whoever you want
Back to story😁
————————————————

~ Lyla's P.O.V ~
"Now you can look," Emma says and helps twirl my chair so I can see my face in the mirror. A surprise gasp escapes my lips as I stare at a whole new Lyla.

She'd made me look hot with the smoky eyeshadow and lip gloss. My hair was straightened, curled at the tip so it flowed down my shoulders.

It had been brushed back away from my face using a ruby accessory in the shape of a rose. I looked beautiful I wanted to cry.

I wonder what my mum would say if she saw me.

I look at her and her eyes widen as the tears threaten to fall down my cheeks. "Don't you dare Lyla Penelope Nestle," she says pointing her finger at me.

"Thank you so much, Emma. You're are the best," I say and close my eyes to push the tears back. She wraps her arms around me, careful not to touch my face.

We pull away at the sound of a slight knock on the open door of the walk-in-closet I now shared with Giovanni.

I look to see Giovanni watching us, leaning against the door and his hands in his pockets. Emma immediately grabs her stuff.

"See you at the ball. Excuse me," she tells Giovanni who nods in answer.

"So what do you think?" I ask him, showing him my made up face.

He smirks. "You could have circles under your eyes and I'd think you'd still look beautiful," he says and kisses me tenderly on the lips.

"You always have the words to say," I whisper to him, touching a curl that had escaped the gel he'd used to push back his hair.

"I have a surprise for you," he says and starts pulling me into the room.

"It better be some clothes because I can't wear a robe," I say, motioning towards the white fuzzy robe I had on.

We stop in front of a box, right on the bed and I know it is my gown. I look at him then the box.

I reach for it and pull it towards me. I slowly open it and almost start to cry from seeing the beauty of a dress. I hadn't brought it out but I knew it was pretty.

I remind myself that Emma wouldn't be happy if she saw me with running mascara and ignore my emotions that seemed to be everywhere.

I pull out the red satin dress, and lift it in the air to admire it. "This.... this is amazing Giovanni," I tell him when I place it back down.

He smiles at me. "I knew you'd like it," he says and I hug him. I'm not surprised when he stiffens still not used to my surprise hugs.

"Go on and change. The ball starts in an hour and I know how long you women take to put on a dress," he jokes and I playfully glare at him as I take the dress.

"It's just so you can admire us," I tell him.

"Well you better get dressed quickly or I'll admire you without a dress on," he says, his voice a little bit deeper.

My cheeks turn red and I make sure to lock the door as I prepare for the ball.
---------------------------
When we arrive at the glasshouse, my mouth drops in utter shock as I stared at the large building made from glass. Entirely. How it worked out, I don't know.

From the concrete pathway, I can see the guests talking lightly, their outfits screaming money and wealth.

I felt nervous because I'd never been around such a crowd wearing a dress that made me stand out.

I lean closer to Giovanni as we walk further into the building. "This is beautiful, Gio," I whisper to him as we walk in.

I notice everyone's eyes turn to me and I suddenly feel uneasy.

Just then, classical music fills the chatty atmosphere and I feel invisible to them as they direct their attention to their dates.

"Is this what drug lords and murderers do in their free time?" I ask him, watching them glide on the dance floor.

He stiffles his laugh. "This is just used to while away time before the business transactions begin. You'll understand later," he says.

He slides his hand out of mine and walks towards me. "Shall we?" he asks, offering it to me.

I laugh and take his hand.
🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
~ Giovanni's P.O.V ~
As the ball progresses, I make sure to keep Lyla close to me as I hesitantly introduce her to some of my clients.

She looked beautiful tonight and it made me love her more. She was absolutely perfect. Her smile made me smile, her body was nice and she had curves in the right places.

Her hazel eyes captivated me and those full lips made me want her each time I looked at them. I wouldn't let Nikolai touch her if it was the last thing I do.

There were some Russians here but none fit the description of Nikolai Doverik. As she speaks to Mr. Diamante, I look around just to be sure.

"Are you alright?" I hear her whisper to me and I look to see Mr. Diamante was long gone. "Yes. I'm just looking for Roberto. He's supposed to bring in my sister," I tell her and she stays quiet.

"What about your parents?" I
she asks me and my breath hitches.

"I really don't have a good relationship with any of them," I tell her and once more she stays quiet.

"I feel my phone buzz in my pants and I pull it out to see a text from Roberto.
        We are here
               - R😋
I roll my eyes at the emoji and slip it back in my pocket. I look up to see her looking down at my pocket.

She meets my eyes. "Maybe you should go on. I'll go find Emma," she offers and I almost widen my eyes in fear for her.

I had never been scared before.

I wasn't about to let her out of my sight and I wasn't ready to tell her that Nikolai would probably make an attempt to kill her.

"Maybe you should come with me. I want you to meet Gianna," I tell her. Her brows furrow in suspicion and surprise at my offer.

She thankfully starts walking with me and right on time, a limo pulls up and my sister walks out looking stunning.

She is dressed in a gold knee length dress with strapped heels that I'd gotten her last time I went to Italy. Her short black hair was up in a stylish rough bun.

"Giovanni," she says before pulling me in for a hug.

She gasps next to my ear and let's me go. "Lyla is it?" she asks and Lyla smiles in awkwardness.

Gianna takes her away from my side and starts talking to her. Roberto taps me and I immediately frown.

"Is he coming?" I ask quietly. He takes my hand and pulls me farther away from the women.

"Don't get mad but I think he was behind us," he tells me and my anger leaks in, ruining the night for me. "What the f**k do you mean you think, Roberto?" I yell in anger.

"You made me leave her side," I tell him and look back to find both Gianna and Lyla gone. My heart beat accelerates and I'm sure I was close to having a heart attack.

"Calm down, Gio. Gianna is capable of taking care of Lyla. We also need to check in with the staff Alessandro gave us and make sure they are in their positions," he tells me.

I calm down a bit and nod in agreement. "Go make sure. I need to find Lyla. I can't be calm until she's by my side," I tell him.

I don't wait for a response and I head back to the glasshouse.

When I walk, the increase in number of guests is hard to notice and it makes it hard to spot Lyla, despite the red dress.

I'm about to move forward when I hear a voice that stills my spine, spikes my anger and brings back memories.

I slowly turn around to see the face of the bastard that had ruined my life.

"Nikolai," I sneer, glaring at the pig in my presence.
                   --- --- --- --- ---
Chapter is finally done and ready for your eyes ma friends.
Tell me what you think about the chapter.

Nikolai has arrived and Lyla is nowhere to be found. Is she okay or is her life already on the line?

Find out in the next chapter.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 807 46
Their favourite cocktail? One part betrayal mixed with bloodshed, One part secrets, half-part death with a splash of love....on rocks. "My Sisters wa...
558K 8.5K 40
''I hate the way I'm a slut for you'' Him? A heartless member of the Italian mafia known for loving attention from women. Rumored to have never slept...
602 112 24
It's comedy, And I was an actor in a comedy play. "I can't come down until the play is over," I say in my wedding gown. she whispers, "I chose Marria...
82K 1K 58
Betrayal. Revenge. Obsession. Femme fatale Yuriko Rivera had set her mind on only one thing for three years now, ever since her father was merciless...