Fate - Jimmy Garoppolo

Por One_direction94

Because fate has a funny way of working And true love never really dies. Más

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 31

1.9K 38 5
Por One_direction94

[ September 23, 2018]:

"Holy shit, did something run you over?" George blurted out as he met up with Isabelle in front of the entrance of the Chief's stadium.

She flipped him off as she sighed. "I had absolutely no sleep last night."

"Okay, too much fucking information."

"Not like that, dumbass! I just felt like this weight is over my chest and this annoying nagging feeling that something's going to happen."

"Hey, I'm pretty sure it was jetlag. Don't get yourself worked up." He responded, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"I don't know. I don't have a good feeling about today. I just want this day to be over so we could go back home."

"C'mon, let me take you to your beloved so we could see a smile on that pretty face."

Isabelle walked with George towards where the players were. As soon as they were in sight of the visitor's locker room, she saw Jimmy in front of the door throwing the football as his pre-game ritual.

She felt like her heart was about to leap out of her chest even though she had just seen him that morning. She didn't waste time as she left George's side and rushed towards Jimmy.

"Hey baby." Jimmy said as Isabelle reached him.

She immediately wrapped her arms around him as he steadied himself, shocked from the sudden and tight hug.

"Hey, hey..." He gently spoke as he took her to the side. "Are you okay?"

"How'd you know that something's wrong?" She asked him, now looking up at him.

"Well, for starters, you're not very big on PDA, especially in very public settings. Second, I know your face. I've memorized your facial expressions. So, tell me. What's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

Isabelle sighed, "I don't know, babe. I really don't. I just have this bad feeling about today and I'm just anxious."

"C'mere, love." He responded as he wrapped his arms around her. "Don't be worried about anything. It might just be jetlag and the fact that you absolutely despise the Chiefs."

This made her smile. "Despise is not a strong enough word."

Jimmy chuckled as he held her face in his hands. "I love you. Everything is going to be fine, alright?"

She nodded as he caressed her cheek, leaning down and attaching his lips to hers, immediately deepening the kiss.

Isabelle giggled as Jimmy pulled away, smiling at her. "How about we continue this after the game?"

She smiled, "I'll hold you to that, QB."

--------

The 49ers were getting the ball first, so as Jimmy was about to head to the field, he heard her voice.

"Hey, Jimmy G." Isabelle called out.

He smirked as he took his helmet off, looking at her. "yeah, Shanahan?"

She pointed her finger at him as she giggled. "You got this."

He pointed back at her, winked and put his helmet back on, heading towards his position on the field.

Isabelle walked towards her father, as his back was towards her. She wrapped her arms around him, startling him for a few seconds before he looked back, saw her and smiled. "Hi, sweetheart."

"I love you. You're an amazing coach and an even better father."

"I love you too, so much."

--------

It was currently the 4th quarter and the 49ers were down 38 to 24, with Jimmy having two touchdowns so far. Isabelle was as anxious as ever, and as time continued to pass, her heart started beating faster.

And it wasn't because she was nervous about the game. That was a totally different feeling that she did not feel at all currently. All her senses were at a high. She was hyper-aware of everything.

Her focus was mostly on Jimmy, because she just had this feeling. And she knew it had to be something that was associated with him.

The offense stood in position as they hiked the ball, Jimmy holding it firmly in his hands as he desperately searched for any wide receiver or tight end to be open as their initial play backfired.

The KC Chiefs' defense was closing in on Jimmy, so he took to his last resort and held the ball as tight as he could, running instead of throwing.

5:48, 5:47, time was ticking as he ran.

5:46. That was the first thing her eyes caught. As Jimmy tried to plant his left foot on the sideline, it buckled. Her eyes widened.

It was as if everything was in slow motion.

5:45. That sight won't ever leave her mind. It was like the moment it happened in front of her eyes, it became embedded in her brain, nothing able to erase it. Because the anxiety and nervousness she was feeling all night and day were proved right as Jimmy's knee collided with Chiefs' cornerback then straight to the ground.

"Fuck!" Kyle shouted as some of the players on the field ran over to Jimmy as he writhed on the ground.

Jimmy was in complete and utter pain, as he didn't dare touch his leg in order to not further aggravate it. A million thoughts were running through his mind, the first one being that of hope that the pain will subside and there won't be a serious injury. The second thought being that if it is a serious injury; he might have just let his teammates down. And the third thought being that Isabelle had a right to be nervous and he wanted to tell her not to worry, even while he writhed in pain.

Isabelle and some of the other doctors and athletic trainers quickly ran over to Jimmy.

"Hey, hey, just stay still, okay? Don't move, honey." Isabelle spoke to Jimmy as she removed his helmet and pushed his hair off of his forehead. "Look at me and focus here, okay?" He nodded. "Can you move your leg at all? Or does it hurt too much?"

"I-I don't think I can." He replied.

"Okay. I'm going to gently touch it and tell me if it hurts, even if just a bit." He nodded again. Isabelle already knew what the diagnosis was. She knew the extent of the injury just by watching the play that had happened. She gently placed her hand on his knee, barely even touching it. And as soon as there was even the slightest of touch, Jimmy groaned, shutting his eyes.

Isabelle quickly removed her hand as she grabbed his head in her hands and gently caressed the side of his head with her fingers. "Okay, just relax your muscles, please, baby. The stretcher is almost here."

"No." He groaned, shaking his head. "Let me walk."

"Jimmy, please."

"I don't want to be put on a damn stretcher."

"James." Isabelle responded, her eyes pleading with him.

"We'll help you up onto the cart and they'll drive you into the locker room." George told him as he and some of the other players quickly helped Jimmy up.

Isabelle stopped next to her father before following them into the tunnel.

"Am I going to like the diagnosis?" He asked her, his forehead creased with worry.

Isabelle bit her lip and shook her head. "No. No you won't."

"What does it look like?"

She took a deep breath and looked at him. "A torn ACL."

Kyle swore under his breath as he looked down, shaking his head.

Isabelle squeezed his arm before heading off, and rushing into the hall towards the locker rooms.

"Where is he?!" Isabelle spoke up as she got near Anna.

"He wouldn't let any of the men here go in to help him change."

Isabelle nodded as she walked into the locker room, immediately spotting Jimmy as he sat on the bench, looking down.

"Hey..." Isabelle whispered as she sat on the ground in front of him. "Baby, we have to get you changed so we can board the plane back to Santa Clara."

"Yeah...okay." He responded.

But he was barely listening and Isabelle knew. She knew he was letting the dark take over and she knew he was going to start doubting himself, sooner or later. But she would be ready to show him how important he is.

Isabelle helped him change from his gear into a regular T-shirt and joggers, with a light hoodie over. She gently put his socks and shoes on, to not aggravate his knee. She sat next to him as she placed his arm over her shoulder.

"No." He said. "I can't put my weight on you, Bella."

"Yes, you can." She told him. "Come on."

Isabelle helped him out of the locker room and back on the cart as they headed to the car in order to leave.

-----

"How's the leg feeling?" Isabelle asked Jimmy as they sat in the hospital room, after having Jimmy undergo an MRI.

He shrugged. "Meds kicked in."

"Right." She replied. Isabelle sighed as she grabbed his hand, making him look at her. "Don't close yourself off, Jimmy. Please. This is just a minor setback for a major comeback and you know that. So, don't let yourself be taken over by those dark thoughts."

"I let them all down. I know that look on your face. I can read you easily and I know when you're worried. You were worried the moment I went down because you know and are completely sure this is a torn ACL. I had to run for that extra fucking yard and couldn't just slide down and not get fucking injured."

"Jimmy, it wasn't your fault—"

"Like hell it wasn't!" He said, raising his voice.

"James Garoppolo, you are going to stop talking and listen to me right fucking now. You're going to come back stronger than ever, understood? You couldn't have stopped this and you know that. Shit happens but I promise you baby, you'll come back better than before. I promise you that. I'm going to be with you every step of the way. Please, if you love me, don't let this ruin your mind." Isabelle said as tears were threatening to spill.

Jimmy looked at Isabelle and saw how worried she was. Not worried that he won't make a full recovery but worried that he'd let this ruin him. That he'd let this injury hurt him mentally and emotionally. That he'd let this hurt them.

"Okay." He responded.

"Promise me." A heartbroken look was on her face as her lips quivered. "Promise me that you'll come out stronger. And I'm not talking physically, James."

Jimmy cupped her cheeks as he caressed them with his thumb. "I promise you, baby."

Isabelle nodded as she tried to take a deep breath. "Okay." She said. "Okay, because I can't lose you again."

"You won't. I promise you. I love you, mio amore."

She raised herself a bit to connect their lips as she smiled through the kiss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, as I said before, there was a bit of a time jump. A time jump won't always occur but most likely will. The next chapter won't be a time jump. It'll continue on with this event.

Hopefully I'll upload the new Klay Thompson story soon! 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.7K 129 17
He's an NFL Quarterback. She's an athletic trainer. Both now work under the same organization again- the San Francisco 49ers. What could go wrong?
29.8K 2K 31
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐟𝐟...
2.1K 32 198
Everything in jays life is falling into Place but will it be enough on her way up to the top.
2.2K 35 14
read this, you will love it.