All These Years (Kageyama x R...

By reennotrin

Y/n has a secret they've been hiding from everyone. Well, it's not really a secret but more of a lie they tel... More

Prologue๏ฟผ
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Three

2.6K 74 14
By reennotrin

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

"He is always late," I said aloud, as I clicked my pen. "I really shouldn't be surprised by him."

I stood up from off the ground and looked at the time. Though it's technically not time for him to be here yet, he only has five minutes until he's considered late, and I know that there is no way he's gonna make it on time. I sighed and threw on a jacket and a pair of shoes. I knew exactly where he was; the same place as last time he was late to our study session.

I began my walk to Karasuno's school gym.

Today is the one day I really need him. This day, every year, is really hard for me to get though. That was years ago. I'm being stupid. I sighed and just continued walking. It doesn't matter, I need to see him today.

~•Kageyama's First Person POV•~

Hinata and I have been practicing by ourselves for twenty minutes. It couldn't have been more than that. Daichi and Suga then opened the gym doors and poked their heads inside.

"Alright, pack it up you two," Daichi said.

"Why?" Hinata whined.

"Because we need to leave for the boys basketball practice," Suga answered.

"Why did they schedule their practice so close to ours?" I asked in an annoyed voice.

"They didn't, we just practiced a lot later than we anticipated," Suga chuckled.

"Oh, okay," I said. "Wait! What time is it?"

"It's one," Daichi replied.

"Are you serious?" My eyes widened.

"Serious about the time? Yes, Kageyama, I am very serious," Daichi replied.

"It's actually 1:03 to be exact," Suga added.

"Shit! Hinata, we need to go." I started picking up all the volleyballs off the floor.

"Does Kageyama have plans?" Hinata asked suggestively.

I just ignored him and continued to clean up the gym. They're not gonna be happy with me.

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

I saw a brown haired male and a silver haired male looking into the gym.

"Uh, excuse me?" I spoke out. They jumped, unaware of me creeping behind them. "Hi, I'm sorry to bother you guys."

"Not a problem. What's up?" the silver haired male said.

"I was just wondering if Tobio is in there?"

"Kageyama? You're looking for Kageyama?" the one with brown hair questioned. I nodded. "Oh. Well, yeah. He's-"

"Now tell me why someone as beautiful as you would be looking for someone like Kageyama?" a bald male walked up from the right. There was another guy next to him and he had brown hair with singular a blonde streak.

"I'm sorry?" I responded.

"It's nothing against you, believe me," he went on, "I've just never seen Kageyama talk to anyone that didn't play volleyball."

"Yeah! Kageyama doesn't even talk to Kiyoko!" his friend said loudly.

"Right. No, yeah, he is just a straight player outside of volleyball," I joked. "Anybody in sight just falls for his magical charms. I have to admit, it's working on me. You are actually speaking to the president of the 'we love Tobio Kageyama' fan club."

"I want a fan club," the bald guy went into deep thought. "Noya! We need a fan club!"

"Yes! Yes! We do, Tanaka!" 'Noya' said.

"Sorry boys, but I'm way too busy doing
president-like duties for the club I am already in," I went on.

"Such a shame." 'Tanaka' shook his head.

"Yeah! We missed out on a beauty!" Noya added.

"Please, excuse our rude teammates," the silver haired guy said. "I'm Sugawara, Koshi, but you can just call me Suga!"

"I'm Sawamura, Daichi," the brown haired male said. "As I was saying before Tanaka and Nishinoya came along, yes, he is inside."

"Thank you! I'm L/n, Y/n," I replied. "Can you please just tell him that I'll be waiting for him in the parking lot?"

"No need. I'm right here." The one and only finally joined the conversation.

"Oh my- thank you so much for graciously presenting yourself in front of us! I have been waiting for this moment my whole life! I-"

"Knock it off, L/n," Kageyama cut me off.

"That hurt, Tobio," I whined.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?" He asked.

"The same amount of times it's going to take for you to finally show up on time," I shot back.

"You stood them up?" Tanaka asked.

"Not cool! We would never do that to you,
L/n!" Noya chimed in.

"It's not like that," I stated swiftly.

"Well, I'm here and ready to go now, aren't I?" Kageyama began walking past me.

I grabbed his sleeve to keep him from getting any farther and said, "no, you're not. You're still wearing your practice clothes. Go to the club room and get changed."

"We can go-"

I raised my eyebrows and he stopped talking. "You're already late as is, you might as well look presentable," I said.

"Fine," he gave in. I let him go and he began walking to the club room.

"Where's Kageyama?" a familiar voice asked. "I want to ask him why he is refusing to set to me today!" I turned and saw the orange haired guy from last night. Hinata is his name, I believe.

"He went to the club room to get changed," Daichi answered.

"Yeah. Apparently, Kageyama's in a secret relationship he failed to mention to us," Tanaka laughed.

"Yeah! And they're super pretty!" Noya complimented. Wow, he shouts a lot.

"Guys they have a name!" Suga scolded. "Hinata, this is-"

"Hey, L/n!" Hinata greeted me.

"Hi, Hinata!" I replied.

"You two know each other?" Daichi questioned.

"Yeah, we met last night at Coach Ukai's store," he smiled. "They were going to meet with Kageyama."

Their eyes all widened. This can't be good. Kageyama please hurry back. I don't want to deal with this alone.

"So, are you two dating?" Noya asked, as he stepped closer to me.

"How long have you two been dating?" Tanaka asked as he also took a step forward.

"Guys, I will not let you bombard L/n with questions. They just met us," Suga got in between the two boys and me. Thank you, Suga. Thank you.

"You're right," Tanaka smiled. That was too easy.

"Yes. Where are our manners?" Noya asked.

"Tanaka, I think I left my phone in the club room," Noya went on. "Do you think you could assist me in its retrieval?" What are they planning?

"Yes, Brother Noya, sir," Tanaka nodded. Is it just me or did they completely change their personalities within seconds?

"I want to come too! I need to change out of my practice clothes!" Hinata announced.

"I don't trust you guys all alone with Kageyama," Daichi furrowed his eyebrows.

Daichi and Suga looked at each other for about a second and nodded. Did they just have a whole conversation with that one look? Impressive. Tanaka, Noya, Hinata, and Daichi all left for the club room after excusing themselves.

It was just me and Suga. "I really do apologize for them," said Suga. "They really can be a handful, but I promise they mean well."

"I thought they were funny. Seriously, I've dealt with a lot worse people," I smiled.

"You look really familiar," he said. "I'm sorry, but I can't exactly remember where I've seen you before."

I chuckled a bit. "I work at Ukai's convenience store. You guys have come in a few times during my shifts."

"That's exactly where you're from. It's nice to finally meet you," Suga beamed. "I didn't you knew Kageyama."

"I can't believe he doesn't talk about me," I gasped. "We'll have to change that."

"He's mentioned something about a friend a few times, I just never expected it to be someone like you," he clarified. "How long have you known Kageyama?"

I loved this question. It was a fun question because it's not exactly as straightforward as one would think. Yes, we have known each other since we were really little, however, he never talked to me. It took him a while to open up. Whenever I get this question, the scene of us meeting for the first time — almost nine years ago when we were seven — replays in my mind: when he served the volleyball to the water bottle. I also remembered the day I started tutoring him. A bright, sunny day four years ago . . .

I was sitting at the park with my notebook and pencil. I was was writing a small poem. It wasn't anything special, just a bit of practice writing for me. I soon felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see that it was Kageyama.

"Hi, Kageyama!" I chirped.

"Hi, L/n," he replied nervously.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" I questioned.

He took a seat next to me on the bench.
"I'm fine," he began." I was just wondering if you could . . ."

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch that last part."

He took a deep breath and said, "tutor me. I was wondering if you could you tutor me. Please."

My eyes widened. Is this happening? Is Kageyama really asking me to tutor him? AND HE SAID PLEASE?

"Are you feeling okay?" I put my hand to his forehead. "You're not warm. Who are you and what have you done with the real Kageyama?"

"I'm not sick!" he protested. "If you're not gonna take me seriously I'll go find someone else who-" He stood up to take his leave.

"Sit down. I'll tutor you," I instructed. "What subjects do you need help in?"

"A-All of them," he admitted. He stuttered? Wow, he must really be embarrassed.

"Okay! Where do you want to begin?" I smiled.

"Not here! We can go to my house and study," Kageyama then got quiet. "There's too many people here." So he really is embarrassed to have a tutor. I see.

"Okay!"

And that day commenced the first day of us being friends. That night he asked me to come over a few days later. Then after that study session, he asked me to tutor him again the following day. He eventually stopped asking and it just became a normal thing for me to walk with him to his house after school. This went on until we entered Karasuno, when he asked if we could start studying at my place. He blamed his sister for being too much of a distraction.

I agreed and throught I could keep up the facade of my parents always being on a business trip. That's proving to be a bit harder than I had expected.

"Kageyama and I have known each other since we were little, but didn't become friends until middle school," I answered. "He didn't like me much when we were kids."

"Why is that?"

"This is Kageyama we're talking about here. Look at him. He doesn't seem like a people person now, but when we were little, he was a lot worse." Suga laughed. "I'm just glad he's made friends now." I smiled.

"I can tell he means a lot to you." He smirked.

"Oh, please. He's just a friend."

"Mhm, well I hope you two have fun on your date."

"Oh, it's not a date." I laughed.

"You sure?" Suga cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm just tutoring him."

"Y-You're his tutor?" he stuttered.

"Yeah. Not to expose him, but his grades are not good. But I know he can improve! And he has!"

"Thank you so much!"

"Huh?"

"Because of you he able to stay on the court. Volleyball makes him happy, as I'm sure you're aware, so thank you for making him happy!"

I make him happy? "You're wel-"

"SHUT UP!" Suga and I both turned out heads to Kageyama in a "fight" with his teammates. Yep, that's got to suck.

"Uh-oh. I should go help with that," I flinched. "I'll see you later, Suga!"

"Bye, L/n," Suga waved.

I ran toward Kageyama in attempt to help. "Ready?" I asked.

"Definitely," he muttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 6.1K 42
On one hand, it would be nice to be a part of something, especially with your best friends. You would gain new friends and make high school memories...
47.8K 1K 19
*** "I l-like you [Y/n] chan" "I like you too Tobio chaan!!" *** "Don't talk to me anymore! Stay away from me!!" "T-Tobio-" "STOP! I'm breaking up wi...
4K 85 32
โ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐œ๐ฎ๐๐๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐š ๐†๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ?!โž หโธ‰โ€ฟฬฝฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™โ€ฟฬฉอ™โ€ฟฬฝฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™โ€ฟฬฉโ€ฟฬฉฬฅฬฉโ€ฟฬฝฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™โ€ฟฬฉอ™โ€ฟฬฉฬฅฬฉโ€ฟฬฝฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™โ€ฟฬฉอ™โ€ฟฬฉฬฅฬฉโ€ฟฬฝฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™...
2.4M 127K 200
โคท๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐š ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐จ ๐š ๐๐š๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง~ โžณ โ hi! you're my new friend! โž โžณ โ lmao u wish โž { ka...