Our Secret

By Licutie269

Coralina Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, needs a distraction from the chaos of her life. He... More

Our secret November Part 1
Our Secret November Part 2
Our Secret December 3
New Years Eve Part 5
Our Secret January Part 6
Our Secret Valentine's Day Part 7
Our Secret February Part 8
Our Secret March Part 9
Our Secret April Part 10
Our Secret Sophomore Social Part 11
Our Secret Aftermath 1 Part 12
Our Secret Aftermath 2 Part 13
Our Secret May Part 14
Our Secret Memorial Day Part 15
Memorial Day 2 Part 16
June Part 17
June 2 Part 18
4th of July/July Part 19
Pilot 1 Our Secret Part 20
Pilot 2 Our Secret Part 21
Pilot 3 Our Secret Part 22
Pilot 4 Our Secret Part 23
Lucky Compass 1 Part 24
Lucky Compass 2 Part 25
The Forbidden Zone 1 part 26
The Forbidden Zone 2 Part 27
The Forbidden Zone 3 Part 28
Spy Games 1 Part 29
Spy Games 2 Part 30
Midsummers 1 Part 31
Midsummers 2 Part 32
Parcel 9 (1) Part 33
Parcel 9 (2) Part 34
Parcel 9 (3) Part 35
Parcel 9 (4) Part 36
Dead Calm 1 Part 37
Dead Calm 2 Part 38
The Runway 1 Part 39
The Runway 2 Part 40
Bell Tower 1 Part 41
The Phantom 1 Part 42
The Phantom 2 Part 43
Cleo Part 44
The Gold 1 Part 45
The Gold 2 Part 46
The Heist 1 Part 47
Prayers 1 Part 48
Homecoming 1 Part 49
Homecoming 2 Part 50
Homecoming 3 Part 51
The Darkest Hour 1 Part 52
My Druthers 1 Part 53
My Druthers 2 Part 54
My Druthers 3 Part 55
Bonfire 1 Part 56
Bonfire 2 Part 57
The Cross 1 Part 58
The Cross 2 Part 59
Trapped 1 Part 60
Trapped 2 Part 61
Coastal Venture 1 Part 62
Coastal Venture 2 Part 63
Poguelandia 1 Part 64
Pouguelandia 2 Part 65
The Bells 1 Part 66
The Bells 2 Part 67
Fathers and Sons Part 68
The Diary Part 69
Heists 1 Part 70
Heists 2 Part 71
The Dark Forest 1 Part 72
Dark Forest 2 Part 73
Happy Anniversary Part 74
Happy Anniversary 2 Part 75
Tapping the Rudder Part 76
Tapping the Rudder 2 Part 77
Welcome to Kitty Hawk Part 78
Welcome to Kitty Hawk 2 Part 79
Secret of the Gnomon part 80
Secret of the Gnomon Part 81

Our Secret Christmas Part 4

7.9K 119 3
By Licutie269

"Coral Bug, Santa came," John B called, shaking his sister awake. Blinking Coral yawned, "You do realize Santa's not real, right?" she questioned, rolling over to look at her brother. "Shut up. JJ finally got here and Pope should be here soon. I thought maybe breakfast..." her brother responded trailing off looking hopeful.

Rolling her eyes Coral sat up, "I assume I'm needed for the breakfast," she deadpanned. "Well I mean I could give it a try but last time the eggs were rubbery and JJ could try but I'm not sure where the fire extinguisher is," her brother replied. Huffing Coralina threw the covers back as she climbed from her bed.

Dumping scrambled eggs onto three plates, she added bacon, and toast before yelling for the boys. "You're awesome, Coral Bug," John B told her coming into the kitchen JJ hot on his heels. "Ten out of ten, Babygirl," JJ told her, winking as they both sat at the table. "Yeah yeah. Eat up so when Pope gets here you can give me what better be fabulous presents," she replied, taking her seat in between the boys.

"Speaking of presents you'll never believe what my old man had waiting for me when I went home last night," JJ said, "A dirtbike," he told the twins. "What?!" the twins exclaimed together. Nodding JJ shoved more eggs into his mouth, "Beats the fuck out of me. It was sitting on the porch. Told me he got it from the junkyard. Fucker doesn't run but he said if I get it running it's mine," he told the twins after he'd swallowed his eggs, "I pushed it over here and put it in the shed out back in case he goes on a bender and tries to take it from me."

"Hey man I'll help you get it running. Hopefully we can get it going by your birthday. Any luck getting Luke to agree to take you for your license?" John B asked. "Nah, man. I can't ask him something like that right now. Gotta wait for the day and see what mood he's in before asking that," JJ explained.

Taking a bite of her toast Coralina bit down on her anger for JJ's dad. Luke Maybank was an abusive alcoholic who Coralina believed was doing more then just drinking alcohol, but JJ had yet to confirm that. Anytime JJ would go home she'd worry until he showed back up at The Chateau where she'd discreetly check him over for any new bruises.

"You could always sign up for the class they offer at school. It's offered tenth period and as long as you pass the class you get your license," she spoke up. Furrowing his brow JJ looked confused, "You want me to give up my sleep period for a class on driving?" he questioned. "As a last resort," she shrugged.

"Guys! Merry Christmas!" yelled the voice of Pope as he came through the back door. "Merry Christmas," the three at the table called back. "There's some leftover eggs if you're hungry," Coral told the boy as he came into the kitchen. "Oh no I'm good; already ate," Pope replied.

Glancing at the boys empty plates Coral smiled, "I think it's present time," she squealed, clapping her hands. "Alright, we'll clean this up later," John B decided, "Let's do presents," he agreed laughing when Coral jumped from her seat and took off into the living room.

Surrounded by torn wrapping paper Coralina had opened both Pope and John B's presents saving JJ's for last. Picking up the small rectangular box she glanced up finding his blue eyes already watching her. Smiling she bit her lip as she tore the paper off and lifted the lid.

Sucking in a breath she slowly lifted the charm bracelet out of the box, "JJ," she breathed out running her fingers over the charms he'd attached. The first charm was simply the letter C for her name. The second charm was a tiny surfboard and the last one was shaped into the form of coral.

Not giving two shits about her brother Coralina jumped up and tackled JJ in a hug, "Thank you, thank you, thank you," she laughed, kissing his cheek as they laid sprawled on the living room floor together. Wrapping his arms around her he sat them back up, "You're quite welcome," he told her, laughing.

Turning to find her brother glaring at them Coral climbed from JJ's lap, "Look at the bracelet JJ got me. I can get charms to add to it," she explained to her brother. "Wow, dude. This is pretty nice," John B commented looking at the bracelet before narrowing his eyes at JJ. "It's Christmas," he said simply, shrugging.

Snatching the bracelet from her brother Coralina turned to JJ, "Can you put it on?" she asked. "Sure," he told her taking the bracelet from her, "Thanks for my necklace by the way," he told her fastening the bracelet around her wrist. Looking at the shark tooth necklace he'd already placed around his neck Coralina frowned, "It's nothing compared to this," she responded, quietly. "Still love it," he whispered running his finger down the palm of her hand.

Pope was only able to stay for two hours before he had to get back to his aunt's house, "Thank you for coming by and my new book," Coralina told him as she hugged him goodbye. "No problem. Thanks for my tie. I'm going to wear on the first college visit I go on," he assured her. "A Harry Potter tie is sure to be a conversation starter," she declared. "I'm sure it will. Merry Christmas, Coral," the boy laughed.

"Merry Christmas, guys," Pope called once again before heading out the door. "Merry Christmas," John B and JJ called from the couch.

Hands on her hips Coralina looked at the two lazy boys laying on the pull out couch together, "Ummm.....I do believe you two have a kitchen to clean up," she reminded them. Groaning John B rolled his eyes, "Coral, it's Christmas," he whined. "I don't care. You made me get up to make the damn breakfast you can at least clean it up," she huffed.

After moaning and groaning for ten minutes the two boys finally got up and went to clean the kitchen. Smiling Coralina crawled onto the pullout and stretched out. Playing with her new bracelet she let the sounds of the boys clanging around in the kitchen lull her to sleep.

Once the boys had cleaned up they headed back to the living room to find Coral asleep on the pull out. "Oh good I can do this now," John B said before punching JJ in the shoulder. "Dude what the fuck," JJ exclaimed clutching his arm.

"Yeah dude what the fuck giving my sister a bracelet like that?" John B questioned. Narrowing his eyes JJ folded his arms across his chest, "I thought maybe with everything going on around here she deserved something nice. Excuse me for wanting to make one of my best friends happy," JJ replied, sarcastically.

Glancing at his sleeping sister John B sighed, "Yeah ok, sorry. It just looks like something you'd give to your like girlfriend or something," he apologized, sitting on the edge of the pull out. Sighing JJ shrugged as he sat on the recliner, "Or maybe my best friend," he told him simply, "Look man she's dealing with this shit with your dad. Trying to make sure there's money for bills so she's working all the fucking time plus the shit with having to see Kie all the fucking time now too I know it's getting to her. I just wanted to give her something nice."

"What are you talking about the shit with Kie. What's that about?" John B questioned. Scoffing JJ shook his head, "Your fucking blind dude. You think it doesn't bother her every time Kie bails on us?" "No, I know it does. She was upset on Thanksgiving but didn't want to talk about it," John B interrupted.

"Right and now she has to work with her after basically being dropped for a bunch of Kooks. That wouldn't piss you off?" JJ questioned. "Well yeah but Coral's not like that. She doesn't hold grudges and she's literally nice to everyone even when they don't deserve it," John B said.

Laughing JJ shook his head, "Dude, she may not let it show but your sister gets upset and pissed off just like the rest of us. She's really good at putting on a show of being happy and carefree, but believe me she's not," JJ told him. "Why do you know so much about how my sister's feeling?" John B questioned.

"Cause I'm the only fucking one paying attention," JJ exclaimed, "Look, I know you're just as worried about things around here as she is so you already have your own shit to deal with. You guys are my family. When my dad starts in on me you guys are the first ones I come to so I'm just trying to be there for you guys now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441 14 13
This is the story of Elizabeth Routledge a loyal friend, sister, and daughter. But of course no matter how bright it shines even the sun has to set.
196K 2.1K 41
Julianne Bailey Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, lived a low key life with her brother in the Outer Banks. 9 months after her father...
85.1K 536 36
Sav Routledge thought her summer was going to be completely laid back until her brother and friends found a wreck in the marsh that brought up a lot...