Return of the Thornwood Family

By Tempest09

Harry's title of Heir of the Potter family gets taken by by his brother because Harry is not the boy who live... More

Disclaimer
Prologue/Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
On Hiatus

Chapter 12

11.6K 265 7
By Tempest09

Hello Ladies and Germs! This summer had been super hectic, I hope the information helped you all to understand some of the background. I believe that was everything i needed to say, if not, oh well. Now, ON WITH THE SHOW! A merry unbirthday to you. To me? WRONG SHOW!

"So how went the meeting?" Blaise said as Harry laid down on his bed.

"Wonderful." Harry said sarcastically.

"That bad huh?" Blaise asked.

"Yep. I just hope Dumbledore accepts my papers." Harry said, as the topic had not come up at any point.

"Your apprenticeship papers? Why would he deny it?" Blaise asked.

"Dumbledore and I don't see eye to eye on particular subjects, he may see this as a form of blackmail." Harry explained.

"He doesn't seem the type to resort to blackmail." Blaise said, stroking a nonexistent beard. "What do you require the papers for anyway?" Blaise asked.

"The papers allow me access to all of the grounds, permitted i have an escort for the dangerous ones. It also allows me to collect materials from the greenhouses." Harry explained.

"Why do you need plant materials for focci?" Blaise asked.

"I'm going to assume that you believe that focci are mainly wands, staffs, and occasionally weapons. Focci are actually more than that. There are tomes, orbs, accessories, clothes, all sorts of things. A crafter requires materials from all over the world if they are to be any good." Harry explained.

"Interesting. And just why do you need these materials?" Blaise asked.

"Seeing as how this information isn't very valuable I will tell you. I'm currently in the early stages of the adepts test." Harry said.

"That's impressive for one our age." Blaise said.

"I've worked hard to get where I am." Harry said.

"Good." Blaise said, causing Harry to give him a questioning look.

"If you are to stand up to Malfoy successfully, you will need that conviction." Blaise said.

"Not that I'm flattered, but why do you care?" Harry asked.

"While the Zabini family has political clout in Italy, I am much more open to attack here in the UK. Besides, I'm not interested in being controlled by anyone whose name means Bad faith." Blaise smirked.

"Very well then. Since I revealed to you some of my life, why don't you tell me some of yours? You know, a trade?" Harry asked.

"Very well. My family is considered a most ancient and noble house of Italy. The Zabini's have been around since the Roman empire. We are considered Pureblood, but we are marry Half and occasionally Muggleborn." Blaise explained.

"I do not buy into the blood supremacy as most do here in the UK. I do believe that a families age does matter, and family magic being important, I also believe that Muggleborns should learn about our culture and ways. But other than that I don't care." Harry said.

"Good to know." Blaise said.

"So what's magical Italy like?" Harry asked.

"It's a lot like magical Britain in the case of government, but more Newblood. There's also four large magical zones. Rome, Florence, Sicily, and Venice."

"Sounds nice. I hope to travel there someday, the whole world really." Harry said, scratching Selena's back.

"Well, you've been to China and Tibet it sounds like." Blaise said.

"Yeah, but I didn't get much of a chance to explore the magical districts all that much while I was there. I was mainly studying. Call it a, study abroad so to speak." Harry explained.

"Any particular reason for Tibet?" Blaise asked.

"I was searching for someone. Their last location was in Tibet." Harry said. Blaise felt he wouldn't get much more out of Harry in this conversation.

"So, how did you end up here, instead of a magical institute in Italy?" Harry asked.

"My biological father wrote it in his will. He took my mom's name, but to become Lord Zabini, i had to attend Hogwarts, like he did." Blaise explained. Harry nodded.

After that they went their separate ways, Harry to the common room, Blaise to the Owlry. "Hey Harry." Tracey said from one of the couches.

"Hello Tracey." Harry said as he sat down.

"How'd it go?" Tracey asked.

"Stressful." Harry said, rubbing his temples.

"Well, at least it's over." Tracey said, trying to raise his spirits.

"It very well might be, or it may only be the tip of the iceberg. If Lord Potter is truly wanting to do anything, he can bring me before the Wizengamot." Tracey gasped.

"Would he really do that?"

"It depends on what he wants really. If he wants me back as an outcast to save face he would. But I have doubts, what with Dumbledore and Lady Potter having been at the meeting." Harry explained.

"But you were blood adopted right?" Tracey asked.

"Yes, many years ago i took part of the ritual. I am also Lord apparent Thornwood, so it would be much harder for him to force me into a position such as that." Harry thought aloud.

"Lets get our minds off this negativity. Want to go get dinner?" Tracey asked.

"That sounds like a great idea." Harry said before his stomach growled. "It seems my Stomach agrees with you. Should you grab Daphne?" Harry asked.

"I could, buuuuuuut then I wouldn't get to rub it in her face when I tell her I got some alone time with a mister Thornwood." Tracey said with a mischievous smirk. Harry blushed for a moment before regaining his composure.

"What are you rubbing in someone's face exactly?" Came a cold whisper. Tracey froze and slowly turned around. She came face to face with Daphne, giving the brunette a sickly sweet smile, but ice cold eyes.

"N-Nothing Daphne!" Tracey sweated.

"You know, I would have phrased that a bit better. Otherwise, someone may mistaken what you said as an innuendo." Harry smirked. The tension between the three evaporated as Daphne stared, dumbfounded at what their male friend said.

"Lets just go to the great hall." Tracey intervened. "Lets."

The trio sat down at the far end of the table, away from both the professors and Malfoy's group. "Were you serious about defying Malfoy?" Daphne whispered.

"Of course. Had he not tried to enforce a hostile takeover then I might have been inclined to hear him out. Seeing as though he tried to enforce his will using not his own rhetoric or credibility, only threats made about his father proves he only has ambition, not cunning, or any sort of decency." Harry said, smirking at the last remark.

"Well then. Lord Thornwood, I humbly ask as the heir of the Greengrass family, for protection from heir Malfoy." Daphne whispered. Harry's eyebrows rose quite high at this.

"Well, heiress Greengrass, that is quite the request. You must let me speak to my advisors before I accept. But might I ask why you've come to me?" He asked.

Daphne nodded before saying, "I'm glad you have asked for some time to ask your advisors. It further provides evidence that you can protect me. Malfoy over there, while himself is not much more than a nuisance, his father, I'm much more worried about. Malfoy senor actually had the cunning, and power, to make our lives miserable. But, seeing as you are unfazed by this for whatever reason, means that you must have some form of power yourself. Malfoy also has had his sights set on me for a while, trying to gain my families businesses, money, and titles."

"What exactly are you asking of me? An alliance? A marriage proposal? I do not believe either of us are ready for that step to be taken." Harry said.

"No, i don't want either of those. As you said, you have stocks in my families Plantations." Daphne said, causing Tracey to gasp.

"Why is this a revelation?" Harry asked.

"Only three families, now four it seems, have stocks in the Greengrass plantations." Tracey explained.

"That means, you're family has known mine for quite some time, giving you more credibility than most. All I ask is your friendship. And should Malfoy seem to be up to something, you will attempt to shield me as much as possible from him." Daphne explained.

Harry sat in thought for a moment. "No strings attached? No hidden motives?" Harry questioned.

"None." Daphne said.

"Very well. I do not believe I will need any council on this then. But, I have the ability to renounce my "Protection" as you put it, at any time." Harry said. Daphne thought for a moment.

"Agreed." She said with a smile.

"Now that we're all contractually friends, why don't we eat?" Tracey said, lightening the mood. After that their conversation was mush lighter, asking each other what they thought classes were going to be like.

"You guys have obviously trained before coming here. What do you expect to be your hardest class, or your easiest?" Harry asked.

"Before we answer, where's Blaise?" Tracey asked.

"He said he was going to the Owlry. He probably is just skipping Dinner at this point." Harry explained.

"Oh. Well, I've always had trouble with Transfiguration. But I've always had a knack for charms." Tracey said.

"Hm. I'm pretty good at potions, but defense against the dark arts is probably my weakest subject." Daphne thought.

"Mr. Thornwood, a word if you would." Snape said. Harry nodded before Snape led the young lord to his office. "Mr. Thornwood, yesterday was quite... surprising. Be that as it may, the Headmaster has approved of your paperwork, but he has some conditions that he says are nonnegotiable. The first being that you must keep your grades up. Second, when you search for materials, you must either inform myself, or the headmaster. Thirdly the only time your are allowed to search for materials are on weekends and Friday afternoons, unless there is some prior compelling reason, The final condition, is that you are escorted by one of the four head of houses, or Hagrid, our Keeper of Keys, and Grounds keeper, no one else, including your friends. He also informed me that he may be joining you on some of your... outings, and that the entirety of Hogwarts is open to you." Snape said, dismissing him.

"Oh yes, the Headmaster and Hagrid will be the joining you your first time to give you the full tour of the grounds." Snape said as Harry exited the office. Harry was deep in thought as he returned to the common room. He saw Daphne and Blaise sitting at one of the couches

"What was that about?" Daphne asked as he joined them.

"Dumbledore has placed a few conditions to my focci search. I agreed as they were not unreasonable. Sadly, you guys will not be joining me." Harry said.

"Well, with school starting, and us not having any idea of the work load, its not that bad. Besides, we would only get in your way." Blaise said.

"True. Anyway, we never heard what your good at Harry." Tracey said.

"Well, i have studied History quite thoroughly. I also have a solid foundation in most subjects, but i have found a liking to seals and runes." Harry explained.

"Is that what you were studying?" Blaise asked.

"Yes, my necklace has many runes etched into it." Harry said. Tracey gave Daphne a look, but the girl just shrugged.

"I learned other things as well, but none of them are taught here except for care of magical creatures." Harry said cryptically.

"Well, we better get to bed, tomorrows a big day." Daphne said. They all agreed and left to their respective rooms, excited about their first day.

Alright everyone, i hope you like it. Surprisingly, my summer has been very hectic, so i apologize for the long wait. Next chapter we start school! I bid you all adieu!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

603K 9.3K 63
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
969K 40.8K 82
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
174K 4.3K 47
TAEKOOK STORY TOP : JUNGKOOK BOTTOM : TAEHYUNG In this story taehyung was purchased by biggest multi billionaire jeon jungkook rude cruel Taehyun...
878K 40.6K 173
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one