a new world

By fixd15

you have lived your life with all the riches and popularity wrapped around you.. what if one day, you'll get... More

the day i died
Life after death
Living...
A bad dream
The moon, the stars, and the lake
Clarity
A new found friend
First step to stardom
Back in Reality
Complications
The Last Time
Going Back

The new beginning

15 0 0
By fixd15

I certainly don't know what a life after death really means but based on what my grandma says, it was like what I'm doing now. Talking as if I'm still a normal human being and feels like I'm still alive, as if my soul was still bound with my flesh and bones. It's a very amazing feeling though.

My thoughts were immediately interrupted when my timekeeper spoke.

"Shall we now start?"

"Uh, yeah"

"First off, you will be sent to a place completely different from where you used to be. No more mansion, no more riches and fame, no more luxury life, and no more famous singer. Just you and yourself alone."

"Wait a minute. How will I live? How about my family? How about my name?"

"You'll find your own way to live. As for your family, we still have to talk about it."

Right now I really want to ask him 'do i really have to do this to have a second life?' and 'what did I do to deserve this torture?' But on second thought, I already accepted this proposition and there is no going back.

"Second, well, your family won't be with you on your journey." (wait, a journey?) "You will no longer be the famous Maxene Angeline Andrews."

"Well,I just go by the name Max-"

"No more interruptions."

That keeps me quiet for a while really.

"You come up with the first name you had in mind as you reach the place and try to keep your true name a secret, and even every single thing about you. Oh, I think we should wash off your hair color. I prefer your original black hair."

"How do you know that?"

"I've been with you ever since you were born,child."

"Oh."

"Now, another thing. You'll have to change for a better."

"What do you mean?"

"Start making the things you'd never done like caring for others, make a living like normal people do and-"

"Wait a minute."

"You have a habit of interrupting people."

I rolled my eyes. "Why do I have to care about other people? I don't want to interfere with others lives, I mean it's their life to care and-"

"See? Now that's what I want you to change. I want you to think differently. To get off of your own perceptions."

I don't know but I always feel taken aback everytime he talks to me about things I do that seems to be wrong in the eyes of other people. Am I really that bad? Am I too dense that I only see those who admire me and ignore the ones who were already pissed off by my deeds? This is making me crazy.

"Shall we continue?"

"Of course"

"Good. Now, you'll be staying there without attempting to see or find your family."

"For how long?"

"Until I can say you're ready."

"Ready for what?"

"For the new Max but still the same superstar." Did I just hear a sarcasm from him?

"Would my family know?"

"All they knew is that you don't exist. They just have one child and that is your brother. You will be completely unknown even to your admirers. You will be just an ordinary girl."

"Where will I be sent?"

He just shrugged. "We don't know."

And that ladies and gentlemen is my timekeeper. He just vanished through the light without saying goodbye. Looks like I'm not the only one who is ill-mannered,eh?

I stand in front of the mirror watching my reflection. I remember having my hair dyed red. I cried for one whole week before I agreed to my stylist, I don't really like it. It's just for the sake of my fast-growing career. I look at my tattoo on my shoulder that I had when I was sixteen. That's the time my baby brother was born. Well, it isn't my fault. I just think I will start to lose everything that I became some emo kid and get a tattoo just all of a sudden, atleast it's a cross. But that didn't stop my mom from getting angry and give me a consequence. It's not much though, just to keep her company everytime she attempts to cook but end up burning the entire kitchen. Then I notice the big scar on my knees, the scar I got when my dad teaches me to run a bike. I then got hit by a car that ended me up in the hospital bed. Just some funny memories I had with my family. I'm gonna miss them,really. Touching the locket that hungs in my neck, I remember the timekeeper tell me about keeping my life a secret. I guess I just have to hide it in my closet.

Looking at my room, an hourglass in my study table caught my eye. I'm sure that isn't mine. Maybe the timekeeper left it here. I read the note beside it, 'Don't worry,it's just a token, it has nothing to do with your journey. You'll wake up tomorrow morning at 6 in your new world.'

It's already 4 am. Maybe he just left it by the time he arrived. So that means I only have 2 hours to prepare myself. I know I can do it, it's for my family, it's for the best, it's for me.

**************

I sneaked into my parents' room and saw my mom crying again still holding a picture of mine she got from my room. I touch her shoulder and she snaps looking towards me. I smile at her and she cried even more uttering lots of 'oh my god's .

I hug her and felt surprised that she hugs me back. I whispered the words I want to tell her before I go. "Mom, don't give up on me yet. I'll come back to you soon."

Maybe she heard me 'cause I feel her nod.

***************

I roamed around the entire house that I would not get to see for a long time I suppose and feel a little bit dizzy and suddenly collapsed. I feel like I'm lying on a very cold floor but it's very unusual. It isn't very hard as a cement would feel, it's as if has a carpet in it. I know our hallway has a carpet but it smells woody, leaves. I felt a cold morning breeze as if I'm in the deep woods. But 8 am isn't suppose to be cold like these in our house except for Christmas seasons.

I try to open my eyes and a bright sun stopped me from looking properly. I held my hand up to cover the light, it felt surreal. Then reality hits me, "Where am I?"

"You're in the middle of the woods young lady."

I stood up and saw 2 pairs of eyes looking at me as if I'm a criminal who just killed an innocent man to get money or something but they frown as they continue watching me. 'Maybe they just realized that I'm so neat to do such a crime.' I quietly talk to myself.

"You're not a criminal. It's just so unusual to find a young woman in the woods so early in the morning." The old lady said.

'Did I say it aloud?' I ask myself.

"Of course, you said it very clearly." I ask them both as the old man speak.

"Ahmm, did I really say it aloud as in loud-"

"We might be old but our sense of hearing isn't impaled yet."

"Oh, ahmm.."

"What's your name?"

"Ahmm, it's ....." the first name you had in mind. keep your true name a secret. it's all up to you. first name in mind. first name in mind. it's all up to you. first name

"It's Angela."

"Where are you from?"

"I don't know." keep you true name a secret. and every little thing about you.

"I sort of have an amnesia maybe. I just came here and I don't know how."

The old woman attempted to talk but I cut her immediately.

"I don't know everything either. I-I just have remembered my name, nothing more."

They eyed me suspiciously but snapped it away and offered me to their house.

"Maybe we'll have some cup of coffee in the house."

I nodded and followed them. Thankful that they didn't ask me much. I let out a very big sigh, it was indeed a difficult start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 4K 36
it is (the continuation) of the Wattpad of Shadowmonarch325 because I really like the concept with now all the school of oreigaru QQ Cote ... as well...
265K 19K 145
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Người gõ: Mia của bạn nè Beta: Hoa Hoa của bạn đây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá...
133K 3K 57
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
246K 7.8K 174
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...