My Rowdy Cowboy. (3B Ranch S...

By _Becca_Lynn__

With the eighth anniversary of his twin brother's death during a military detail drawing near, Randy (Rowdy)... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
Epilogue

15

6K 366 10
By _Becca_Lynn__

**** Donna Farley, a Case Worker with Montana Child and Family Services double checked the paperwork prior to exiting her van. She took a deep breath and said a silent prayer that Charity was as emotionally ready for this day as a child could be. The Patterson's had done a decent job in caring for their foster child, but since placing Charity twelve weeks ago, Donna had developed the opinion that her direct supervisor had used far too much influence regarding the child.

Donna had not observed this with other foster children until placing Charity with them. As a result, the sad little girl had not been given the supportive and nurturing care that she deserved and that she, as the worker had been assured of. But, that was all water under the bridge now, the Kincaid's were going to be wonderful, supportive, nurturing parents.

She was sure of it, every time she had met with the couple she had the feeling that Charity was wanted and welcome. She wasn't exactly sure how Rowdy's likeness to the pictures Charity had seen of her father were going to effect her, but they were prepared to give her time to adjust. She had set down with the little girl and read the letters Charity's mother had left about the family and what Brody had told her about his brother, sister and father, the ranch and all the special people there. She had shared her own positive feelings about her meetings with them and that she was sure the ranch would be a great place to grow up.

Charity made all the motions of looking at pictures of the ranch, Rowdy and Bobbi, her aunt Trisha and grandfather, Yancy. Charity nodded her head at all the appropriate places but Donna honesty wasn't sure what all she had really seen and heard. She knew she'd done her best to prepare Charity for the change her life was going to take and hoped the child would eventually see it as a good change.

***

When Donna first arrived, she was afraid the child had changed her mind and didn't want to leave the foster home. But as she talked with her, she finally understood that Huggs&kisses was missing. The rainbow colored unicorn that Abby, Charity's mother had given her last Christmas. The plush unicorn that Abby had hugged hard before giving it to her daughter and numerous times afterward. Then, she told her daughter every time she hugged the stuffed toy, she could feel her mother's love.

"We can't seem to find it anywhere," the foster mother said.

"I gave her one of mine," a slightly older child said, "but she seems bent on whining for that one." Judging by the sullen and nasty look on her face, the worker wondered if the girl knew something about the disappearance if the beloved toy.

"Of course she prefers her own, her mother gave it her. It's very special." Donna said trying to read between the lines. Turning back to Charity she asked gently,

"When did you have Huggs last, Charity? Where were you?"

"In the bedroom putting my clothes in the suitcase. Sally," she pointed to the sullen ten year old, "said she wanted to see it one more time. Then she said her mama called her and she took Huggs when she went to see what Sarah wanted. But when she came back she didn't bring Huggs with her." Charity said, the tears running down her cheeks.

Sally jumped forward, her hands balled into tight fists at her side.

"That's a lie! That's a dirty, stinkin', rotten lie! You're just tryin' to get me in trouble before you leave!"

Charity sprang out of the chair, "I am not! You had him, you said you wanted to see him one more time and then you just took him and left!"

Donna hoped Sally hadn't thrown the toy away or ruined it. She had noted the spoiled girl causing problems with Charity before over the last twelve weeks. Other children had complained about Sally but it had not been so flagrant before. She would have to speak to the parents about their favoratism toward their biological child over the foster children - again.

Donna turned back to Charity and an eleven year old boy standing close by.

"Robby, would you do me a big favor and go with Charity to her room and help her bring her suitcases down to the front door please?"

"Sure. Come on, Cherry. I'll help you look for Huggs again too." Robby gave Sally a dirty look and gently took Charity's hand and led the tearful little girl out of the room. Robby's soft voice assured his little friend, "Don't worry Cherry, when it turns up I'll hide it and give it to Miss Donna. She'll make sure you get it."

Donna looked first at Sally and then at Don and Sarah, Charity's foster parents.

"I think we all know why Charity can't find the toy." She looked directly at Sally and looked at her watch.

"Sally, you have one minute to get that unicorn and it had better be in good shape."

Sally drew herself up to deny that she had anything to do with the unicorn's disappearance. Donna put her hands up to forestall the denial.

"Look," she said to Don and Sarah this time. "This isn't the first time something like this has happened and," she held her hands up again as Sarah bristled.

"And it's always Sally that has wanted to see something one last time or something just happens to fall, or be accidently dropped or is somehow lost between here and there." She let that soak in as she really didn't think Don in particular recongnized the extent of Sally cruelty.

"We've usually been able to work things out but this is different and it needs to be the last time." She looked at Don and Sarah again.

"I understand that Sally is your only biological child and you want to make sure she doesn't think she is being pushed aside for the other children. But this time, it's gone too far." Both of the foster parents nodded then Don added,

"I didn't realize the problem was this severe. I know what it's like to feel less important." He looked at his wife, "Is she right Sarah? Has this happened before when a child leaves? I'm usually at work."

Sarah looked uncomfortable a moment. "Well, now that I think about it, I guess it has happened before... but the items usually turn up... at some point."

"At some point?" Her husband asked incredulously. "They usually turn up at some point?" He glared at his wife and daughter.

"And when these items turn up at some point what happens?" He looked at the case worker. "Are they returned to the kids they belong to?"

Donna answered, "There have been a few instances where they have been returned, though they are not always in the best of shape."

She looked at the sullen, angry Sally again. She was about to tell the child to get the unicorn when an excited voice announced from the rec room,

"I found him! Cherry, I found him, it's ok!" Another foster child ran up the stairs waving the rainbow colored unicorn. They heard an excited squeal as Charity got her beloved Huggs back in her arms.

All three adults looked at Sally, who at first had looked toward the voice, absolutely furious. She had taken steps toward the stair case when her father grabbed her arm, preventing her from going further. Sally glared at her mother, then seeing how all three adults were looking at her said,

"I... I... I was just... just going to make sure it was the right... right one. Cherry loves it so much..."

Seeing it wasn't going to work she gave up trying to pretend.

"Well I've never seen one like that before and I wanted it." She folded her arms and stomped her foot and gave dirty looks to the children carrying boxes and the suitcase down the stairs and to the door.

Don looked at his daughter as if he had never seen her before.

"We'll talk about this later, Sally. This....will....not....happen....again." He looked at Donna then,

"I'm truly embarassed and so very sorry. You have my word, not only will this not happen again, but...."

"But," His wife continued, "but we will be taking a hard look at how we raise the children in our care. All the children."

"I'm glad," Donna smiled, "however, until this improves, I cannot in all good conscious place another child in your home. So please, deal with this and don't allow it to continue any longer. These children have been put through enough ."

"We understand and thank you for bringing this to my... our attention." Don said. "I'd have Sally apologize but I don't think it would be sincere."

He looked at his spoiled daughter, "Go your room and stay there till your mother or I tells you to come out."

Sally's eyes widened and glittered angrily. She was about to refuse when her mother added,

"Go... to... your... room and stay there. Don't you dare say one word to the other kids on the way." She held her finger up when Sally opened her mouth again. "I said not... one... word. To your room, close the door and stay there."

When tears didn't work either, Sally gave up and stomped off to her room. They knew she had reached it as the slamming door shook the house.

The foster family said their goodbyes to Charity outside and she was assured that her family was very excited and she would be well cared for.

Don squatted in front of the still crying child. "I've talked to your aunt and uncle and your grandpa too. They all sound like very nice people and are really excited about you coming to live there. I think they are very happy that they found you sweetie."

Sarah kissed Charity's cheek and the other three children hugged her and asked if she would write and send a picture of her riding a horse and of her new parents.

She nodded and Don opened the van door and fastened her into the booster seat, kissed her forhead and whispered, "Be happy, Charity."

By the time they reached the next town Charity had calmed down and said that, "Yes, I think I'm ready to eat, a Chicken McNugget Kids Meal with extra fries. May I have a chockolate milk shake please." Donna smiled and was only too happy to stop at McDonald's.

While Charity was in the little girl's room, Donna called the ranch and gave an ETA. She was looking forward to getting Charity settled in her new home. She knew it would be a tough transition but she had every faith that the child would be loved and cared for as her mother had hoped.

Rowdy and Bobbi had related their idea about moving Abby's body to the family's cemetry. They would place it next to Brody's resting place and asked for her opinion. She had never worked a case in which the new family were willing to go to such length integrating a child into their family and make them feel loved and comfortable.

***

Rowdy Kincaid was pacing up and down the length of his front porch. Bobbi was putting the finishing touches on Charity's newly finished bedroom, including several photos of Brody growing up.

Ring, ring. Rowdy sighed and answered his cell and listened.

"Any sign of our girl yet?" His father's voice came over the phone.

"No pop, no sign of them yet. Donna called about two hours ago and said they should arrive between 2:30 and 3:30. There was an issue in the foster home before they left and she was giving Charity plenty of time to decompress and relax as much as possible."

"A problem? That's not the best way for a little girl to start the next portion of her life. Especially, when she just lost her mother."

He listened and smiled, "I know pop, it probably isn't the best way to have started the day but then again....maybe it'll make cutting any ties with the foster home easier. Don't worry, dad. We'll let you and Lillie know once we've got her settled in the house."

"We look forward to hearin' from you. Oh, Lil's callin' me. Keep us informed, son."

Just as Rowdy snapped his phone onto his belt he saw a sapphire blue van turn onto the ranch lane. He opened the door and yelled, "Bobbi! Babe, I think she's here!"

He couldn't wait to meet his niece but didn't want to overwhelm her with his excitement.

'Brody, your little girl's here Bro, Charity's here, she's come home. I understand  now why you asked me to watch out for her and we're gonna do everythin' possible to make her feel comfortable and welcome. And don't worry Brody, we'll take good care of her. I'll keep my promise, we're gonna love her like she's our very own. I'm hoping that you and Abby have found each other and are together. I'm sorry we didn't have the opportunity  to know her. She had to be a fine, loving, intelligent lady.. But, you wouldn't have loved her otherwise.  She sure did right by your little girl Brody and I'm right proud to have been given the honor of loving and raising her. I won't let you and Abby down bro. Let her know that Charity's here and not to worry.'                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Bobbi rushed out of the house and tore down the steps, every bit as excited as Rowdy.

"Is this where my daddy lived?" A little voice asked tentatively from the back seat. Charity was looking avidly around in awe until she saw Rowdy. She gasped, stared and looked at the case worker.

"Is that....? That man looks like my daddy.  Is... is he my daddy's brother?"

"Yes, sweetie. He and your daddy were identical twins. Do you remember me telling you about him? Remember what his name is?"

Charity thought a minute. "It starts with a R, right?" Her brows furrowed, "Ray... Ron...Riley... Roo...Row... Rowdy! That's it, right? That's my Uncle Rowdy and Aunt... um... Bobbin?"

"Your Aunt Bobbi. Very good, sweetheart! You were listening weren't you? I'm so proud of you. Do you remember who some other members of your daddy's family are that live here on the ranch?" Donna asked, delighted that the little girl had listened and was asking questions.

Donna walked around the van, smiling at the waiting couple.

"I wasn't sure if the entire family would be waiting for us or not." She said as she opened the passenger door and assisted her little charge out of the booster seat.

Rowdy and Bobbi stepped forward. Bobbi whispered "She's so small Rowdy. All the clothes we've got for her will be too large."

"Oh, they're ready and waitin' all right. Probably peekin' through their curtains right now, especially  my dad. But we thought it would be better for Charity to meet us a little at a time so as not to overwhelm her."

Donna smiled with a happy sigh. She knew this would be the ideal place for Charity to grow, heal and be happy.

"I was hoping you would handle it that way, but needed to leave the decision up to you."

She took the cold, little hand in hers and led Charity forward and was pleased anew when Rowdy squatted before his niece as she openly stared at him. Sensing she needed to look her fill he smiled and waited.

"She pulled a picture from a hidden pocket on her unicorn and looked at it, and then at her uncle. She shyly turned the picture so he could see.

"You look like my Daddy."

"Yes. We used to play tricks on teachers in school." He said smiling. "We weren't able to pull it off here on the ranch though," he sighed and shook his head. "It just never worked."

"Mama said my eyes are like my daddy. So...I got eyes like you too, right?" She said quietly as she pointed first to her bright green eyes and then lightly touched Rowdy's temple.

"That's right honey, like your grandpa too."

"Your daddy is here too, right?"

Rowdy smiled, falling in love with the beautiful, sad eyed little miracle.

"That's right. He'll come over to our house to meet ya later today. He's as excited to meet you as we are." He turned and held his hand out to Bobbi and pulled her down beside him.

"This is your..."

"Aunt Bobbin?" She asked. The Rowdy chuckled and Bobbi grinned, "Everybody calls me Bobbi."

"I thought Bobbi was a boys name."

Bobbi chuckled, "It's one of those names that boys and girls can both have. My name is Barbara but everybody calls me Bobbi with an I on the end. With boys it's spelled with a y. But to be real honest," she lowered her voice, "I only get called Barbara when I'm in trouble with my mama. Most people just call me Bobbi."

The child looked at Donna, "Robby has a y at the end of his name. Is that cause he's a boy?"

"That exactly right. It's very smart of you to see that." She turned to the couple, "As you can see, our Charity is a very smart little girl. She's been a delight to work with and she's one of my favorite little people."

Charity smiled at her case worker and back to Rowdy. "My name is Charity. Miss Donna said I was gonna be 'dopted and you would be my new mommy and daddy." She looked at her feet and back up with tears in her eyes.

"I don't have a mommy anymore." She whispered tearfully, "My mommy died, just like my daddy."

"We know sweetheart and we are so very, very sorry. We know you miss your mommy and that's ok. You'll always remember her and that's ok too." Rowdy's heart broke at the child's sadness.

"Would it be ok if I gave you a hug? I could sure use a hug." He asked, hoping it wasn't too soon but wanting desperately to help this grieving little angel.

Tears streamed down the little face as she began to cry in earnest for the first time. She rubbed her eyes and stepped into Rowdy's open arms. She flung hers around his neck whispered, "I miss my mommy."

She cried on his shoulder as he stood, held her tightly and turned toward the house. "I can't tell you how relieved I am with this placement. This is the first time she's openly spoke of her mother, and to my knowledge she hasn't cried before."

The two women began to take boxes and suitcases from the van. Beau and Yancy appeared out of nowhere to carry everything into the house.

Beau smiled, "Go on inside." He said. "We'll get this. She looks like she needs to be with just you guys for a while."

Donna was impressed, but thanked the men and followed Bobbi inside.

Both she and Bobbi sat at the kitchen table over cups of hot tea. They heard Rowdy talking to his niece as she cried herself out and with his encouragement, began to check out her new bedroom.

"Am I in trouble?" She asked hesitantly.

"In trouble? Why would you be in trouble, honey?" Rowdy asked, surprised at the question.

"For crying 'cause I miss my mama. Sally said that only bad girls cry. That I'd get in trouble for crying." She answered quietly.

Bobbi and Donna stared at each other over the table. Donna would be having a few more words with Don about his daughter's behavior.

"No, sweetheart. You are not in trouble. It's normal for to you to feel sad and miss her and that's ok. We all need to cry when someone we love dies."

"Aunt Bobbi and Miss Donna are having a cup of hot tea. Would you like to come in and have some juice or milk and cookies?" He asked his niece.

She wiped her face and blew her nose and asked, "Do you think I could have a cup of tea too? With milk and sugar?"

"Absolutely. Aunt Bobbi likes it with milk and sugar too." He held his hand out and was relieved when she took it easily. "I'll bet Aunt Bobbi is already putting your tea on the table right now. Let's go see."

A cup of coffee and cup of warm tea with milk and sugar was on the table along with fresh cookies.

Charity took a sip, closed her eyes and said, "Mmmm. This tastes just like my mama made."

Bobbi felt tears prick her eyes and thought she had never been given a sweeter compliment.

"This is the way my mama always makes it too. She makes it extra special, cause she always puts lots of love in it."

Charity took another sip and carefully set the cup back in the matching saucer and smiled shyly. "That's what my mama said too." she ate a cookie quietly while the adults talked and took care of required paperwork.

With that done, the little girl asked cautiously, "Is it ok if I talk about my momma sometimes and ... and can I still call her mama?"

"Of course it is sweetheart." Bobbi answered. "You can talk about your mama any time you want to. And she will always be your mama, nothing will EVER change that. My daddy died when I was a little girl, just like you are and I still want to talk about him. It makes me feel better." She patted her heart, "in here.

"Then, when I get 'dopted, can I call you mama Bobbi and papa Rowdy?"

"We would love that if that's what you want."

***

Charity stood on the porch and watched the blue van until it disappeared in the distance. She sighed and unconsciously picked at her fingernails. Then, straightened her shoulders and
went through the front door that Rowdy held open for his ladies. Halfway through the living room she turned to her aunt and uncle.

"Am I going to meet my other grandpa and gramma today?"

"Whenever you want, sweetie. You tell us when you're ready." Bobbi answered.

She looked at Rowdy silently while pulling at the sleeves of her top nervously. She looked at Bobbi next and found strength, support and acceptance in their faces.

"Ok. Can I meet them today? Do they look like you and my daddy?" She asked Rowdy. They both smiled broadly and Rowdy chuckled while rubbing the back of his neck.

"You're grandpa looks just like Rowdy and you and your daddy."

"You have another aunt too. Her name is Patricia, most of us call her Trish or Trisha. The only time she gets called Patricia is when she's in trouble with our dad." Rowdy replied, "We all have curly red hair." He finished.

"And they all have those beautiful green eyes ... just like yours."

The little girl thought about that a moment. "So... I look like I belong to the family too?"

The back door closed and Yancy stepped into the living room and leaned against the door facing.

"Little lady, ain't nobody in their right mind would doubt that you're a Kincaid and that you belong with us."

He cleared his throat and continued and he walked slowly to the child and knelt in front of her, "Welcome to the 3B Ranch youngun'... welcome home."

He held his hand out to shake hands with his granddaughter and smiled as she tentatively placed her small hand in his large, roughened one.

"Are you my grandpa?" She asked, looking, searching every inch of his face.

"I am, and you sweetheart are my very first grand daughter and I'm mighty glad to know ya. You let me know when you're ready to meet your pony an' we'll teach ya ta ride."

For the first time her eyes sparkled with real excitement.

"A pony? A real truly live, really real pony? My own pony? My very own?"

Yancy smiled and slid a little closer to her and pulled a phone from his shirt pocket, "Your very own pony. I've been workin' with 'im and I believe you and he are goin' to get along juuust fine. I took a picture of him for ya."

She looked at Rowdy and Bobbi again, her eyes huge. "Did you hear that? Is it true? A pony all my own!"

"When you have a pony for your very own, you have to take care of it every day... right?" She asked and they nodded. She continued thinking, "Then, you have to be where your pony is... right?" They nodded.

"So ... then I'm really going to live here? With you? For ever and always?" She asked, hope in her eyes.

All three of them fell in love with Brody's daughter. This sweet, shy, sad, little girl that would no doubt wrap them all around her finger. Yancy secretly yearned for the day when they would see her personality emerge. He had the feeling that those big green eyes would shine with mischief.

"You'll live here, with us, for always and ever, as long as you want, sweetheart." Rowdy said, his voice gravily with emotion. "We hope you'll be very happy here, honey."

She looked at them all very solemnly and began picking at her fingernails again.

"Do you think... can I, can I have a picture of me and my pony to put in my room?"

Yancy nodded, giving the request as much serious consideration as it had been asked.

"Sure ya can. He likes attention." Both Bobbi and Rowdy said together.

"He does?" Cherry asked. "Will he like my attention?"

"Oh, I think you're gonna be his favorite person." The older man assured her.

"I've never seen a real pony or, or been on a real pony before... I might not be any good at it and... I don't know how to take care of one." She said quietly.

"That's ok Little Bit, he's a good, gentle pony and we'll teach ya to ride. I've been tellin' him about cha every day. He's lookin' forward to havin' a real girl of his own." He reassured his granddaughter, sensing the fear and insecurity.

"He is? Really?"

"Really and truly, " he crossed his heart. "I cross my heart."

"How do you know? What if he don't like me after all? What if I don't like him? What if I don't like riding him or he won't want to let me ride?" She asked frowning with her little pulling on her sleeves.

All three adults recognized the different tone and had been expecting it at some point. There were undoubtedly some fearful insecurities and tantrums ahead, but they all expected this. Drina had reminded them all that children exhibit grief and loss differently than adults. She had given them tips on various ways to deal with the behaviors when they were exhibited.

The ranch foreman rubbed his face and answered, "You're gonna love ridin' and yer pony. You're gonna catch on real quick 'cause ridin' and ponies are in yer blood."

Charity gasped and stepped back away from the three adults while wrapping her arms around herself.

"I have to bleed?" She squealed.

"No, no,no." Yancy assured her.. "That just means that generations of Kincaids have loved horses, ranchin' and ridin'. It's somethin' we all do and love to do. But we don't have to start till yer ready."

Bobbi asked, "Do you have jeans and boots, Charity? We can get you some if you don't, I'm sure there are some plenty of riding clothes the other girls have outgrown till we can get you some of your own."

Interest sparkled in her eyes again. "Other girls?"

"Yes! There are several other girls on the ranch. Some of them are your cousins. They're teenagers, but are looking forward to meeting you. They're excited to show you around and help you with your pony." Bobbie answered.

"I have cousins?"

"You certainly do, several." Rowdy interjected. "Your Uncle Beau and Aunt Drina have two girls and a boy about 14, Ava, Kyle, and Kaylee. Theyre all adopted too, so if you need to ask questions about it,, they'll be glad to talk to you.. And about a month ago Beau and Drina had three tiny babies. Two girls and a boy, they're triplets. Alex, Brittany, and Cārlyn."

"Really? Are they little babies?"

At his nod he added, "Little babies," and measured with his hands an approximate length.

"They were born right here at the ranch clinic."

"Can I see them someday... and can I maybe see my other cousins someday? Are they nice, can I play with them?"

All three adults chuckled, loving that she was beginning to feel comfortable enough to ask questions and verbally explore her new world.

"They're all real nice kids, although they get in their share of trouble." Yancy answered. "I've had ta send 'em packin' from the barn and ban 'em several times."

She thought this over. "So, when they do something mean they get in trouble?"

"Well, the don't generally do mean things.. But, yes, they each get in trouble from time to time and have their own time out corner... or they used too. Groundings work best now." Bobbi said.

Rowdy continued, "Yep, they get grounded to their rooms and lose privileges till they decide to act right again. Your Uncle Beau has no problem lowerin' the boom when they need it. Neither does your Aunt Drina and grandpa for that matter."

Rowdy had a feeling these questions were not just idle curiosity.

"Sally took Huggs and hid him this morning. She was going to keep him till Miss Donna and Mr. Don found out... one of the other kids found him and Sally had to go to her room. She was really mad and slammed her door real hard, some pictures on the wall jiggled. She was really mad."

"I see," Rowdy said. "Well I don't think any of yer cousins would be that ornery. But,, even if they did somethin', yes they would have a punishment... Do you think Sally will be punished?"

Charity frowned as she thought it over before shrugging.

"I don't know... Maybe... She didn't before when she was mean, but... Mr. Don and Miss Sarah were really mad 'cause she was so mean. And Miss Donna told them this needed to not happen anymore... I don't think Mr. Don knew how mean she is. His face got red and he got mad at Miss Sarah too when he found out Sally took things from other kids. Miss Sarah got mad then too. She told Sally she couldn't talk to any of the kids till they said she could again. We all got in trouble if we did something, but Sally didn't." She grinned a little at that and lowered her voice to a whisper. "I think she's gonna start getting in trouble now."

Obviously, Sally possessed a mean streak and had no compunction turning it on the foster children in the home.

"We're sorry that happened today, but we're glad you got yer," he pointed to the plush toy she had not put down, "unicorn back."

She hugged it then and held it out a little for them to see it better.

"Mommy gave him to me for Christmas. She hugged it a lot, so when I hold him he gives me her hugs back. That's why his name is Huggs & kisses."

Ah, now they understood the importance of the toy and why it had been so upsetting when Sally had taken it.

Charity then showed them the hidden pocket that housed three pitures. She presented the photos for them to see.

"This is my mommy and me. That's when she gave me Huggs." The three adults moved closer and knelt by her to better see the picture without taking it from her.

"Your mother was a beautiful lady. I think she loved you very much." Bobbi said and smiled at the little girl.

"This is mommy and my daddy," she said showing the photo of Abby and Brody which must have been taken during his last leave. They had made a great looking couple and the love between them was evident in their body language and smiles.

The third picture was a montage of Brody in full Army dress, cammos and jeans, western shirt and scuffed boots, And finally of him standing tall at full attention. He was saluting the flag of the United States of America.

"Mommy kept this one in a frame in her bedroom. I think she liked it the best." She kissed each one before placing them back in the hidden pocket, although the Montage had to be folded.

Bobbi offered, "If you want, honey. I can scan and enlarge those, then we can put them in frames for your room."

"Really?"

"Really. You can go into the office with me to scan them so you don't have to be without them."

"Could I pick out the frames?"

"Absolutely. I have to go into town in a couple days. You can go with me and we'll get them and any thing else you need. Ok?"

"Ok. Do you think my girl cousins would want to go with us too?"

"I'll ask Aunt Drina this evening. She might want to go, too. As a matter of fact, your Aunt Trish might want to go too. We could make a girls day out."

Charity grinned and nodded.

Rowdy smiled, "Now, how about I show you some pictures of your daddy that we have."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 31.8K 67
❝Human by Day and Wolf by Night.❞ But what would you do if you saw one in broad daylight? - * - Abigail wasn't prepared to hear that she and h...
246K 9.5K 37
Never let your fear decide your fate. Charlotte "Charlie" Layton has led a very lonely life. Having been dumped by her parents to live on her grandpa...
217K 11.7K 27
Second Lieutenant Avonaco (Bear) Black Feather was a reserve Army Ranger, and Deputy Sheriff. Recently returned from a mission gone bad (where he los...
24.2K 1K 31
~"When are you going to do what's best for you Sadie? All you ever do is what's best for Hallie and push your own wants and needs to the bottom of th...