Left At The Mandap✓

By ReaderDisha

Marriage is not just about two individuals marrying each other rather it's about the bonding between the coup... More

Author's Note
1. The D Day
2. Eloped
3. Broken
4. Answers
5. Attraction
6. Rejected
7. Meeting
8. Cafeteria
9. Surprise
11. Eyes Down
12. Not Again
13. Regret
14. Acceptance
15. Party
16. Confession
17. Date(Part-1)
18. Date (Part - 2)
19. Jealous
20. Departure
21. Forgiveness
22. Unfortunate
23. Left At The Mandap
24. Truth
25. Finally Yours
26. Epilogue
27. Bonus Chapter

10. Always There

15.7K 850 323
By ReaderDisha

Third-Person POV

The eventful afternoon melted away into a warm evening. Currently Pihu and Prayan both were sitting in his car. They both weren't able to stop their smiling faces. It was one of the most wonderful day for both of them full of laughing and teasing each other.

"Thank you so much for today. I really enjoyed it." Pihu said with honesty. Her eyes were shining like stars.

"Your welcome. I am glad you enjoyed it. Your happiness is of great importance to me." Prayan whispered making Pihu's heart beat like crazy.

"I--I need to go. It's getting late." Pihu said while stuttering and immediately opened the door of the car. After exchanging goodbyes, she waved at Prayan like a small kid.

Pihu was walking towards her home, when her neighbours obstructed her movement.

"Pihu Beta(child) how are you?" One of the neighbour asked.

"I am good Aunty, how are you?" Pihu asked to the ladies standing in front of her. After calling the marriage off, it was the first proper conversation which she was having with her neighbours.

"We are good as well. Umm-- Pihu then when are you sending us the invites?" Both the ladies inquired curiously.

"Invites? Which Invites Aunty?" Pihu asked confusingly.

"Regarding your marriage. Actually we saw you with a young man and you both seem quite close. We probably thought that you have finally forgot your past and moved on." One of them said with a sickening smile on their face.

"Aunty he is my friend nothing else and I request you to stop meddling in my personal life. If I were to get married, you would surely get invites." Pihu said firmly and made her way towards the entrance of her home.

"Friend really? Earlier your would to be husband was also your good friend and then what? he ditched you. Probably he understood how disrespectful you are and now you are lurking around another man." The other lady said spitting her words harshly making Pihu freeze. She was at the verge of losing her sanity. Tears flowing through her eyes constantly.

"ENOUGH" Came a loud booming voice which made everyone standing there freeze. Pihu finally felt relief swept over her when she heard that Voice.

"Who are you both to judge her character. What she is doing, with whom she is going, where she is going should be none of your concerns. I am really sorry for being disrespectful but I must say that you are judging someone's character based on someone else's opinions.

Problem with people like you is that even if a person does good throughout his life, there will always be naysayers who will try to convince you otherwise. You know why this happens? Because there are still women like Pihu for whom their self respect is more important then false rumours. Because there are still women like Pihu who stand for something which they feel is right. And people like you try to put them down, by doing there character assassination. Why don't we realise that a women is free to take her decisions and we are no one to meddle in her life. We forget to see the pain and misery in their life but we deliberately inflict them pain just for the sake of some drama.

I am sorry if I have crossed my lines but I don't regret what I did." Prayan said shocking every single person present there. In the corner were Pihu's parent's who were standings there and feeling proud of the event unfolding in front of them.

The ladies who were listening to Prayan the entire time suddenly felt ashamed therefore they instantly rushed away from the scene to avoid further embarrassment.

The entire time Pihu was standing there firmly trying to maintain her balance. All these emotions which she was feeling were too much for her now. In Past few months she was used to the harsh treatment of people, but this was the first time when someone stood for her and fought for her apart from her parents.

Pihu turned around with teary eyes and walked up to Prayan hurriedly. She wrapped her arms around his neck, sighing and felt her body loose.

Pihu snuggled in and mumbled,
"Please don't leave me."

Prayan snickered and replied, "Never, I'll always be there for you." In that moment Prayan squeezed his arms a fraction tighter and Pihu breathed more slowly, her body melting into Prayan's arms.

Pihu was engulfed in his protective arms feeling secure when She heard someone clearing their throat. Pihu reluctantly pushed her body backwards from Prayan and saw her parents were standing their with amused expressions.

"Uhh--- Mummy, Papa he is-- he is my friend and also my Project partner." Pihu said trying hard not to stutter.

"What's your name boy?" Mr Srivastav asked standing besides Pihu. Mr Srivastav's arms were on his daughter's shoulder, and he was practically glaring at Prayan.

"Sir I am Prayan, Pihu's friend." He replied with confidence.

"Oh! Come dear. Come inside why are you standing outside. I am preparing dinner, come join us." Mrs Srivastav said in between.

"Um--- No Ma'am it's okay I don't want to disturb you all at this moment." Prayan replied politely.

"You are not disturbing us. Come and join us for the dinner." Pihu's father said and pulled her inside.

"Pihu you go and freshen up, till the time being we are going to have a little chit - chat with your friend. Is that okay young boy?" Mr Srivastav asked in an authoritative tone.

Pihu was quite puzzled by her father's behaviour but somewhere she was hoping him to like Prayan.

"Yes Sir it's fine with me." Prayan said and they both made their way towards the living room.

-------------------------------------------

Mr Srivastav and Prayan were sitting comfortably on their homey floral couch. While Mrs Srivastav was busy preparing the dinner.

"Are you someone close to Ahuja family? And don't you dare bluff me?" Mr Srivastav asked which was quite shocking for both Prayan and Mrs Srivastav.

"What are you saying, how could he be related to them?" Pihu's mother asked now leaving her kitchen.

"Let him answer." Mr Srivastav cut her off glaring at Prayan.

Prayan knew what Mr Srivastav was talking about. Unlike Pihu, Mr Srivastav saw Prayan at Ahuja Residence.

Prayan sighed and said "I am a close friend of Sahil that's why you saw me at Ahuja Residence. Pihu also knows that. However Sir, I am not like Sahil. Trust me, I know we both are best friends but our opinions and thought processes are completely different. Even I was not aware that he would elope from his marriage. I know you are worried and concerned about Pihu, but so am I.
I wouldn't do anything which would hurt her. Trust me Sir."

Prayan replied with utmost sincerity. Both husband and wife were satisfied with his answer and from bottom of their heart, they knew that maybe now Pihu will find her true happiness.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone 💙
Ignore the mistakes please.🌺

• Pihu's parents are quite happy so are my readers with Prayan and Pihu's bonding but do they even love each other or not. Any thoughts?

•How many of you agree with Prayan? Did he cross his limits.

• Any thoughts on today's Chapter?

A lot of Drama is coming up.😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 227K 151
❤️ Completed ❤️ She brings two coffee mugs in her hands and sees that he is busy with his work, she does not want to disturb him in any way, so she i...
613K 19.4K 75
arranged Marriage is a magical bond where 2 unknown people are tied in a knot.Pelli pusthakam is a story about 2 people who are tied in a knot by the...
3.9M 138K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
1.3M 50.6K 26
Sneha Anand is a 23 year old final year MBA Student. She is Smart, hardworking, ambitious and a kind Girl. She loves her family a lot and has always...