Forever and Always: Cato X Re...

By EdensWriter

I see a lack of Cato X reader stories and I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and give it a try to tell you a... More

The Reaping of District 2
Saying Goodbye
Arriving At The Captial
Re-Make Center And Tribute Parade
First Night
First Day Of Training
Dinner With The Gamemakers
Rest of the Clothing
This is a dress poll for (Y/N) masquerade dress
Day Two Of Training
Evaluations,Pre-Game Interviews, And Masquerade Ball
Masquerade Clothing
More Clothing for the Masquerade ball
Game Time
Night Watch In The Arena
Day Two in the Games
Rue's Funeral
Judgement for Peeta

Capturing Peeta

1.1K 19 6
By EdensWriter

Cato P.O.V

Katniss and I were outside hunting for more food, and as we walked around the simulated forest, we were chatting about what our plans were going to be, if we won these games. I was getting into detail about how I wanted to marry (Y/N), when she shushed me and jerk her head towards the noise just outside of the cave. I grab my sword and watch her notch her bow, we would try to sneak up on whatever was on the other side of the bush. When we get there, we find Peeta, laying on the ground with a large gash on his left leg. I saw Katniss freeze as she stared at him, with both a worried and angry expression on her face. I raise the tip of my long sword to his face and say to him, in a very angry tone.

"What are you doing here, traitor? You have a lot of explaining to do, have you come to spy on us, for your queen bee?"

Peeta would slowly hold up his hands in surrender, and would say in a scared tone as he would look up at me.

"Look I come in peace 2, I just escaped with my life from Glimmer. Look I'm sorry about Rue, Katniss. But I had no other choice, she would have killed me, if I didn't at least do something that was worth her approval. I was trying to just throw the spear just to scare Rue, but I didn't expect to kill her. Katniss you have to believe me, please!"

I looked over at Katniss, and the expression on her face was still mixed with anger and sadness at the mention of Rue. She would notch her arrow and say to him, in a cold tone as she would stare daggers into his eyes.

"Don't you dare say her name, you murderer. Keep it out of your mouth, and until I can trust you again you're our prisoner. Now get on your feet, slowly."

Peeta gave her a hurt look, but he nodded with an understanding look on his face. I watched as he slowly got up on his feet, arms still raised in surrender. Katniss would grab his right arm with a slightly rough push, and hall him back to our camp. I would follow back behind her, as much as my gut told me not to trust this. I knew this is something they needed to work out as district partners, so I just kind of just hung back but still kept a watchful eye on him and the surrounding area while we made our way back to camp.

Once we made it back to the cave, Katniss said she would go look for a rope or something to tie him up with. I nod and head over to where (Y/N) was sitting with Mari going over our supplies to see what we needed before moving to our next camp site for the night, I take a seat next to them and tell them in a serious tone as I sit down and pull my girl into my arms.

"Hey Mari, would you let everyone we have a group meeting today. We have a situation to deal with, please and thank you."

She nodded and gets up to head over to where Cliff, and the rest of our group was. They were having breakfast of a couple small birds and some dried fruit. My girl looks up at me and gives me a questioning look. I whisper to her in a soft tone, and I wrap my arms around her waist.

"Katniss and I caught Peeta, while we were out hunting. I'm going to call a group meeting to see what everyone wants to do with him. I know how we all feel about it, but I want to be fair if that makes sense?"

She give me a sad nod, as I knew what her decision would be, as she didn't want to see him suffer. But knew he did have to be punished, once I talked it over with her. I saw Katniss bring a tied up Peeta in the cave. I heard a few gasps from our group as Katniss would once again hold him by the left arm, and make him walk to the center of the cave and let him sit down.

I watched as Thresh would give him a death glare, which I understood. He has to stare at the boy who was reason for his little sister's death, but I then would say to them all in a serious tone.

"Alright everyone, we will have a group meeting about what to do with him."

I pointed at Peeta with my index finger, who was looking slightly scared, but would try to give everyone a brave look as if he knew what was going to come. Our group would nod and I did hear some whispers amongst them, I give my girl a kiss on the cheek and then make my way over to where the rest of our group were sitting to discuss more. While I watched Katniss sit in a corner watching Peeta, with an look of slight hatred on her face, as she would tightly clutch her bow in her hands.

(Y/N) P.O.V

As I watched Cato walk over to where the rest of our group was sitting, I would look over at the boy named Peeta. A lot of thoughts were going through my head, about our decision of what to do with him. I knew Thresh wanted an eye for and eye, for Rue. But I knew it wasn't right, we all makes rash decision when under pressure, also I knew how ruthless Glimmer could be even before the games. We also didn't know if this was a trap, or if this was legit. So for right now we were sitting ducks, but as Cato called us over one by one to stand in front of Peeta. I would get up from my spot in the cave near the opening, I take my place beside Cato and lace my finger in his.

He would grip my hand gently, and as we waited for our group to all assemble before us. Cato would lean closer to me a whisper to me in a gentle tone.

"Don't worry (N/N), whatever happens here I won't let him be harmed, ok? I know he deserves it, but I know what we talked about. We aren't monsters, but we might have to be for the cameras, so go along with it ok?"

I nod as I knew he was right, as much as we wanted to show him a bit of mercy, but then again we are in the games. So it would make us look soft in our home district. I was pulled from my thoughts, when I heard Cato start to speak.

"Alright everyone, it's time to deal with this traitor. So I'll ask you all one by one, what we should do with him. But keep in mind be fair, alright?"

I watch everyone nod, but Thresh who would tell Cato in a serious tone. While his eyes not leaving Peeta,

"You all do what you want with him, but you know what my vote will be. But I will respect what everyone's decision. But I will say this to him, if you don't mind Cato?"

Cato nodded and then Thresh continued, as he would kneeled down in front of Peeta. I could see the anger and sadness in his eyes, but his facial expression was slightly calm.

"You know, I want to see you hurt just as I am. You took my sister from me, the only light I had in this dark game. That we all have to play, I should kill you right where you stand."

His hands clenching as if her wanted to choke Peeta, but was trying to restrain himself from doing so.

"But I'm not a monster, like your alliance member. Because I know you were doing that for her approval. I just think the only thing I will do to you is this..."

Thresh's words trailed off, as he punched him right in the jaw. I could hear a slightly crack as he did so, possibly breaking a tooth from Peeta's mouth. He would then stand up, and take his place beside Marvel, and wait for either Cato or someone to speak up.

Peeta would spit out a molar tooth on to the cave floor, with some blood mixed with spit. He was still not speaking, I'm guessing he was still awaiting his fate from us. Cato asked if anyone else wished to speak, before handing him his sentence.

I heard a small voice, that I knew was Katniss said she wanted to say something. Cato nodded and moved out of the way, for her to make her way over to Peeta. I saw her eyes had been red from crying, she would bend down to be eye level with Peeta, and say to him in a angry tone.

"I don't think, that I can ever forgive you for...what you did yesterday...You knew I had to protect her....She reminded me of Prim....Now all I have is nightmares of how she fell, and how I couldn't save her....How I failed my promise to her......I HATE YOU PEETA MELLARK! It's your fault she's gone....It's your fault.....That I couldn't keep my promise.......It's your fault I lost Rue!"

As she screamed the last bit at him, she would slap him across the face hard and burst into tears. Mari would help her up and walk her over, to where we were sitting earlier in the cave to help her calm down. The room would fall silent after Katniss screamed at Peeta, while Cato discussed what to do with him with Cliff and the others. I stand there and watch Peeta closely, to me something just seemed off about this, yes I know he did something horrible. But there had to be another explanation besides just for princess Glitter's approval, as I watched him sob slightly after Katniss had slapped him.

I saw his jacket slip down a bit, where right side of his neck was and swore I saw a few whelps there of what looked like a tracker jacker stings. It also looked like it hadn't been treated, I get closer to him, but be cautious as I do so. I tell him in a soft tone to turn his head, and ask him.

"Can you turn your head please, I just want to check something?"

He would give me a shaky nod, as I figured he thought I wanted to hurt him. But as he turned his neck, I'd gently take a look at his wounds. Then I asked him in a calm tone, as I kept examining them with a gentle hand, incase they were still sore or were infected.

"How long, have you had these...Peeta was it? These look old..."

My words were cut off by him asking me in a confused tone, while letting out a hiss as my hand got closer towards the stings. I looked over at Mari, and give her a come here look. She nods at me and excuses herself from Katniss.

"What do you mean?...I never noticed them...I mean Glimmer walked into a Tracker Jacker trap set up by the district 5's female, but I guess I didn't feel the stings...The adrenalin must have not made me feel it."

I nodded, as I listened to him speak, his explanation shook me to the core because maybe he was having heluations while chasing the boys back to camp...Mari came over and looked Peeta over while asking me in a concerned tone.

"Y/N, you ok?...What did you need? Oh those look pretty bad, need a patch job?"

She'd ask Peeta as she would look over his wounds, once she crouched down to where I was looking at his neck. I nodded softly as not to alert anyone else of what we were doing, I know I shouldn't help him...But I couldn't just let him be hurt or die in our care.

Mari would bring my some bandages ,and some paste that Rue made in case anyone got stung. Once he was patched up, Mari would take the medical supplies back to where she had the rest of them were. I would silently thank her, as would Peeta. I then would say to him in a slightly serious tone, as I make sure his bandages are in their proper place.

"Now, I am just like everyone here angry at what happened to our friend Rue.....But I know there might be a different side to your story.....When you feel ready tell it to us, or make no mistake Cato will kill you.....The choice is yours."

I would then get up from my spot, beside him and walk back over to where Cato and the others were and took my place by him.

Silence fell around the cave, with the soft chirps of birds were being heard. Peeta would sit there with his head hung low. I would sit there and watch him....I mean to be a fly on, the wall in his brain....His emotions must be everywhere at once.

As I sat down with Cato's arms wrapped around me, I would ask him in a curious tone while laying my head on his chest.

"So, what are we gonna do with him, love? I mean I know what you said earlier...But what did everyone else say?"

Cato gives me a grim look, as I would lift my head up to look him the eyes. He would would take a shaky breath and say to me.

"Well Thresh wants him either dead or leave him here to rot tied up while we make our way out of here for a new camp....But Cliff and Marvel want to make him our slave and have him carry our shit...While Katniss just told me whatever we decide....She is accepting of it, Mari on the other hand is like us just wanting to let him go and just tell him to stay away from us. So right now we have 1 vote for death...2 votes for him being a slave...And well one vote for just letting him go....Katniss is the tie breaker...but she will just go with whatever we decide....I mean me I just want him gone, not in the death sense...But to just leave him here with some food and tell him to fend for himself....But what's your vote (N/N)?"

I listened to him speak about what our alliance member wanted with Peeta, but I mean to be very honest...I really just wanted what Cato had said, just leave him here in the cave and tell him to fend for himself. But there is that possibility, that he could go back to Glimmer and tell her where we were. I knew we had to come up with something, cause we couldn't just keep him here.

I thought about it as I laid my head back down on Cato's chest, I really let me mind think about the events of today and hope that a decision would be made, cause the stress from it all was making me slightly sick and not in the good way.

A few hours go by and I hadn't even noticed that I fell asleep, but when I awoke I was laying on a jacket and covered by a sleeping bag. I stretch and look over and see everyone around the dim fire talking, I then got up and walk over to where Cato was sitting. I would take my seat on the left side of him, to which he would instinctually put his arm around my shoulders. I would snuggle into him, while not fully aware of what was going on around the fire. Most were eating but Marvel and Thresh, were slightly arguing about what to do with Peeta.

"I say we leave him here to rot, why not...I mean it's not like we actually killed him with our hands."

Thresh would say, as he would take a small handful of raisins and dump them into his mouth. Meanwhile Marvel would shake his head and say to him in a try hard convincing tone.

"Really...Thresh my man...You want him dead....I still vote to make him our slave...because besides....Yes it's not like killing...But he will have a shit time in the games...Also when it gets closer to the end we can kill him."

I see Cato clench his jaw, I know he was deep in thought. I would then say to him in a calm tone while holding his hand.

"I think everyone has a valid point, I mean everyone is still hurt and dealing with their emotions. But I might have a compromise. I mean we could always do what Mari said to do...But blindfold him and give him a small bit of supplies and tell him to run and if we ever see him again we will kill him...I mean if he makes it back to Giltter, you know he's dead right?"

Cato would nod, because it wasn't by chance that Katniss and him found Peeta. They had a feeling he had failed her and she had left him for dead, but I could feel him hug me close and tell me that my idea seems the most agreeable to some of our members but we'll see about the rest.

A/N: Well then...Here we are at the turning point of Peeta's Fate...Will they kill him, or let him live? Tune in next week for another installment of Forever and Always. I'm sorry about taking just about all year to update...Just been going through a lot of personal things and finally got a chance to update...But don't worry this isn't the end...I still have more tricks up my sleeve

But as always Happy reading, and may this book be ever in your favor - EW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

C x C By C

Fanfiction

537 23 13
Clove x Cato short stories- Read A/N's for more information x - Just for fun!
2.1K 75 32
"Being the sibling of a victor makes you a liability. The gamemakers will make certain that Clove has an interesting games in order to avoid the appe...
2.4K 32 8
A love story between 2 careers, 1 from district 4 and 1 from district 2 but what will happen when the hunger games finally comes around? btw its qui...
75.1K 1.6K 32
๐™€๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™› ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช, ๐™„'๐™ข ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™ฉ. ๐™’๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ...