T h e F o r g o t t e n

By AmberLeeH13

{Completed} Six years ago Robin met a guy. The two had what ended up to be a one night stand but he left her... More

P r o l o g u e
C h a p t e r O n e
C h a p t e r T w o
C h a p t e r T h r e e
C h a p t e r F o u r
C h a p t e r F i v e
C h a p t e r S i x
C h a p t e r S e v e n
C h a p t e r E i g h t
C h a p t e r N i n e
C h a p t e r T e n
C h a p t e r E l e v e n
C h a p t e r T w e l v e
C h a p t e r T h i r t e e n
C h a p t e r F o u r t e e n
C h a p t e r F i f t e e n
C h a p t e r S i x t e e n
C h a p t e r S e v e n t e e n
C h a p t e r E i g h t e e n
C h a p t e r N i n e t e e n
C h a p t e r T w e n t y
C h a p t e r T w e n t y T w o
C h a p t e r T w e n t y T h r e e
C h a p t e r T w e n t y F o u r
C h a p t e r T w e n t y F i v e
E p i l o g u e
IF YOU LIKED THIS....
SEQUEL!!!!

C h a p t e r T w e n t y O n e

58.6K 2.1K 135
By AmberLeeH13

© Amber Kalkes 2015

Song: "Hero" By Regina Spektor

C h a p t e r T w e n t y O n e >

Everyone is silent at the dining table trying their hardest to hear what’s going on outside with Richie and Casey. Robin isn’t worried about what Richie will do, she’s positive he’ll be his usually sweet self. Rolling her eyes at the dramatics of it all she just goes back to devouring her slice of her birthday cake.

And god does Grace make an amazing red velvet cake.

“Why is everyone not talking mama?” Charlie whispers to her.

Robin leans forward but keeps her voice loud enough for everyone to hear, “Because some people like to be nosey and want know things they shouldn’t.”

Grace scoffs from across the table but says nothing. Robin just smiles smugly back at her before leaning back from her son. When she settles back in her seat Luke kisses her cheek making it heat up when she notices her dad watching. She may be twenty-five now but it doesn’t mean that she’ll ever be comfortable with PDA in front of her dad…ever.

“Do you think my mom’s alright miss Robin?” Ezra asks sounding a little worried.

Giving him a reassuring smile she answers, “She’s in good hands. Don’t you worry.”

Nodding Ezra turns back to his cake and Robin’s mind starts to wander. The question of how Charlie was taking this whole thing was suddenly in the forefront of her mind. It’s obvious that he likes Luke but what will he think of Luke living with them? Sure, having him hanging around seems to be working fine but Luke being around twenty four-seven. How will he react to that?

Part of her wants to keep Charlie as her own as long as she can. It’s the selfish part of her but after years of it just being the two of them its Robin whose having the real hard time adjusting. She loves Luke that much is true but living with someone is a big step, a step she’s never taken before.

Luke’s arm wraps around her shoulder, seemingly sensing her incoming panic and his thumb starts caressing her shoulder. Pleasurable fire shoots down the veins in her arm and her muscles all turn to jelly against him. Luke moves his chair closer to her until there is barely an inch of space between them.

“What’s wrong?” He asks lowly.

Robin shrugs, suddenly feeling foolish for her own train of thought. “Nothing.”

“Liar.” He scolds mildly. “Tell me.”

“I was just thinking about the new house.”

“What about it?”

“Are you going to come live with us?”

Luke sighs tiredly. “Robin I keep telling you I’m not going to leave you. When are you going to get that into your brain?”

“No, I believe you but I just…this is a big step.”

Luke’s dark brows rise in surprise, apparently not expecting that. When he doesn’t respond Robin turns her attention back to the people around them. Faith is now tickling Ezra while Gabe is holding Charlie back from getting to his piece of cake. Grace is watching the scene with a fond smile and her head on Jessup’s shoulder. Jessup isn’t looking at the rowdy kids though; his eyes are on Robin, always watchful.

Robin’s mouth twists ruefully knowing the reason for it. Its no secret she’s never liked celebrating her birthday but the reason why is between her dad and her. When she celebrated her first birthday with them Grace had gone all out with balloons and treats and games. It would have been any kids dream but all it did was put Robin into a full-blown panic.

Robin’s birth mother had been sick with what she later learned to be schizophrenia. It wasn’t something she could help but something that definitely affected every aspect Robin’s young life. Birthdays were no exception. Her mom had said that if the bad people found out it was Robin’s special day that would take her away. It was a delusion that Robin’s mom had often, that people would take them away from each other.

So Robin just forgot when her birthday even was after a while but Grace had somehow found out when it was. Robin went into a panic and tore down all the decorations, threw the cake onto the floor and was about to smash her presents when Jessup grabbed her. He tried to calm her down and only succeeded when he held her close and started singing to her.

Afterwards Robin had felt awful and was sure that Grace would kick her out. She stayed in her room, not even coming down for dinner afraid of what would happen if she did. Later it was her dad who came in and calmed her fears like he always did. In a whirlwind of tears she admitted that she liked it with them and didn’t want the bad people to take her from them.

That was when her dad told her the truth about her mom and Robin began to see the world differently. Grace had waited three years after the incident before attempting another party. Despite knowing the reason behind not celebrating Robin still can’t allow herself to excited about it. A residual fear left from the years with her mom. One of many things left to fester in Robin’s mind over the years.

“Robin!”

Flinching back at the sound of her name being shouted she feels Luke’s arm tighten around her shoulders. She noticed everyone around the room staring at her, including the newly arrived Richie and Casey. Annoyed, Robin scowls at the group as she speaks.

“What are ya’ll shouting at me for?”

“We’ve been calling your name for five minutes.” Faith says with a frown. “You were thinking so hard we could practically hear the gears turning in your head.”

“Oh.” Robin replies, surprised. “Sorry. What did you want?”

“My gift.” Faith says nodding towards the silver gift bag suddenly sitting in front of Robin. “Open it.”

“You didn’t have to get me anything.” Robin grumbles.

“Shut up and open the darn thing.” Faith orders with an eye roll.

With an eye roll of her own Robin moves the tissue paper aside in the bag only to see something hard wrapped up in some of it. Pulling it out Robin unwraps the fairly large box to find what looks to be a jewelry box made of wood. Its clearly hand made with carvings on the lid of a tree branches and a tire swing hanging down just like the one on the backyard.

“Faith.” Robin says thinly as she open it to see the real gift. “Oh my god.”

“I made the box myself in shop class. Got an ace grade on it too.”

Reaching into the box she pulls out the necklace placed inside with teary eyes. It’s the size of a fifty-cent piece and made of glass with a purple thistle flower pressed in the glass. It looks like nothing to anyone who doesn’t know them but to Robin it means everything. The flower trapped forever in the necklace is the same as the first flower Faith ever gave Robin.

Robin was eleven and was having a rough day. Some kids at school teased her because she called Grace by her name instead of mom. They had called her a freak so after school Robin went into her room and hid. It was a common thing for her to do growing up and most people left her alone like she wanted when she did it.

Then a four-year-old Faith came into the room. Robin can remember how she looked even now with her auburn colored pigtails and yellow sundress on. Robin had told Faith to go away and go play but Faith just came over and gave her a flower, the purple thistle. It was something in the backyard that grew all over the place but it was meant to make Robin happy. It did make Robin happy and even now Robin has the flower pressed in a box under her bed at home.

“Oh don’t get all emotional on me now.” Faith says coming over to take the necklace from her hands. Clasping the little hook on the back Robin feels the weight of it on her neck and holds it there with her hand. “I’m just glad it’s not falling apart.”

“Its perfect, Faith. Thank you.”

“I’ll accept the thanks if you’d just stop crying. My god Robin, people are going to start thinking we’re killing you in here.”

With a water chuckle Robin swipes at Faith making her younger sister laugh before going back to her seat. Luke kisses her damp cheek making Robin smile at him in assurance that she’s fine. Charlie and Ezra aren’t even in the room anymore, busy playing in the other living room which is lucky. She really doesn’t want to be scolded by Charlie again for crying.

“Okay now on to the fun stuff!” Casey says suddenly with a clap of her hands. Running out of the room and out of the sight Robin notices Richie’s eyes follow after Casey. She can’t help but smile at the look written all over his face. Its so cute she’s half tempted to do a girly squeal of excitement.

Suddenly back in the room Casey drops a bright red bag in front of her the table. Robin can’t help the leering look she gives the bag. In the past Casey’s gifts have not always been the most appropriate to open in front of family. Last year she gave her some KY jelly and an industrial size box of condoms. The comment had been something along the line of ‘I expect to have these all used by next year’. They are currently collecting dust somewhere buried in the darkest corner of a closet.

“Don’t worry.” Casey says dryly. “Its nothing too bad.”

“That’s not reassuring.”

Reaching into the bag Robin frowns when she feels something soft hit her hands, like a silky material. Pulling the object out she immediately regrets it when a black silk negligee peeks out. Shoving it back in the bag with a red face Robin puts it by the legs of her chair hoping no one saw it.

“Well what was it?” Grace asks.

“Nothing.” Robin says quickly.

“A black slip of a thing for Robin…or maybe more for Luke.” Casey says saucily.

Grace and Faith start laughing while Jessup makes a face. Gabe on the other hand is fake vomiting on the table like the drama queen he is. Robin on the other hand just groans before letting her head drop on the table with a thud.

“I’m going to kill you, Casey.”

“I don’t think Luke will let you after he sees you in that little number.”

Lifting her head Robin glares at her best friend. “He won’t be able to stop me.”

“Well not if your still dressed in the gift I won’t.” Luke says lowly in her ear, making her shiver. “Though I don’t think I’ll be letting you out of my sight or the bed so the point is moot.”

“Ugh.” Gabe says, making a face similar to Jessup’s. “Can you stop?”

“No don’t stop.” Faith laughs. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen dad so grossed out in his life. Oh my goodness look at his face!”

Robin does and goes even redder. He looks stuck between murderous towards Luke and amused with Casey. Robin can’t figure out which one is worse. Burying her head into Luke’s chest she groans. She really will kill Casey one of these days if she keeps on with these gifts.

“I think its time that the kids go to their new house.” Grace suggests as she rises from her chair, plate in hand. “You can leave your gifts here for now Robin. Well maybe bring Casey’s with you…just in case.”

“Mom!” Gabe yells at the same time Jessup yells, “Grace!”

Grace just giggles with a shrug before leaving the room. Robin clears her throat as she stand up from her own chair looking as awkward as she feels. “Um, I think I’ll go say goodbye to Charlie.”

She doesn’t wait for any responses from anyone before speed walking out of the room. She follows the noises of the TV until she’s at the doorway of the second living room; the one everyone hangs out in. Its polar opposite to the buttercup room, especially with its giant elk head over the couch and mounted on the wall. Everything is in earth tones including the brown carpet the boys are sitting on while watching SpongeBob.

Charlie’s head snaps in her direction as soon as she enters the room and a huge smile spreads across his face, “Hi mama.”

“Hey, Button. Luke and I are going to go now.”

“Can’t I come with?”

Shaking her head Robin puts on a small smile, “Not this time but we’ll be back tomorrow and you can come back to the new house with us.”

“Is Luke going to stay with us?”

Robin forces her smile to stay in place as she nods. “Yup.”

“Good.” Charlie says, surprising her. “He said he’s be my daddy and said he wouldn’t be going anywhere without us. If he stays with us I can make sure he doesn’t go anywhere.”

“I’ll be keeping an eye on Richie too, Miss Robin.” Ezra chips in with a serious tone. “I ain’t going to be letting him hurting my mom neither.”

“And when did you two decide this?” Robin asks, shock still evident in her voice and on her face.

Ezra shrugs before turning back toward the TV. “Just a few minutes ago.”

“Well…that’s something.”

“Robin? You ready to go?”

Robin turns towards the doorway to see Luke leaning on the doorway with a small smile on his face. Its clear that he heard the whole thing though she’s starting to doubt that there’s isn’t much that he doesn’t here. Opening her arms to Charlie he comes straight into her arms making her wince at the impact on her sore body but hugs him tightly.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Promise?” Charlie mumbles into her neck.

“Of course baby.”

“Say you promise.”

“I promise.” She says without hesitation. “Now go say bye to Luke.”

Kissing her cheek briefly he moves out of Robin’s arms to jump into Luke’s. It’s a sight that never stops filling her heart with joy every time she sees it. Its something she’s been wanting since Charlie was born, to see his daddy hold him and now it’s a reality.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Luke.”

“Sure thing, Kiddo. You be good alright?”

Charlie rolls his emerald eyes. “I will.”

“Bye baby.” Robin says kissing the top of Charlie’s hair and inhaling his scent one more time before she goes.

Charlie runs a hand over his black curls, smoothing them with a scowl, “Bye, mama.”

Luke takes her hand and after a quick goodbye to everyone else they’re in the backyard again. Luke suddenly lets go of Robin’s hand once they’re out there and begins pulling off his shirt.

“Um, not that I’m not liking the view, Luke but what the hell are you doing?”

Luke grins at her, “Well since we can’t really take your car, they’ll be watching for it, I thought we’d travel the old fashioned way.”

“I think a carriage would get way more attention then my car would.” Robin says, purposely playing dumb.

Luke chuckles and Robin’s eyes immediately go to his stomach to see how it contracts with the motion of it. If she wasn’t drooling enough over the fact he’s shirtless that nearly has her salivating all over her chin. It’s really unfair for him to be teasing her like this though with that black slip in her bag…

“I meant you climbing on my back in my wolf form.” Luke says, bringing her out of her fantasizing. “Though I think you knew that already.”

“I did.” She smiles with a nod. “But it doesn’t mean I don’t like hearing your voice.”

Rolling his eyes, too similarly to Charlie’s, Luke starts unbuckling his belt. Robin doesn’t take her eyes off him though. She doesn’t have to play coy anymore and besides don’t most girls want a stripper on their birthday? Especially a stripper who looks as mouthwatering as Luke does?

“You’re staring.” He observes smugly.

Raising a brow she meets his eyes. “Point?”

Walking towards her in only his boxers he cups her face. “Point being that if you don’t stop we won’t make it the new house.”

With her heart picking up speed in her chest her voice is a bit breathless. “Okay, I’ll admit, that is a good point.”

“I thought you’d think so.”

Giving her a swift kiss on the mouth he steps back and beings to shift.

>< 

Leo and Joe are at the motel room when Leo’s cell phone rings on the side table. Grabbing it Leo puts the beer in his hand to the side as soon as he sees the caller’s name. Clearing his throat he pushes the answer button and holds it to his ear.

“Sir?”

“Did you get the white wolf yet?”

“No sir but—“

“I’m not interested in your incompetence, Leo. What I want to know is how long I’ll have to tell my buyers they’ll be waiting.”

“Two days at the most, Sir.”

“Good.” The caller says. “Don’t keep me waiting much longer or you’ll be toe tagged and missing a head.”

“Y-Yes sir.”

“Oh and Leo?”

“Yes sir?”

“Don’t forget to keep the pup alive when you capture him. I have plans.”

“Yes sir.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

 Dun dun dunnnnnnnn! Yes, the mysterious caller is talking about Charlie. I've been thinking about doing a story about Charlie but I have another story planned after this that is seperate from this. So maybe after that I'll do a story about Charlie. Next chapter will be a bit...naughty so prepare yourselves for that awesomeness. 

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW :}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.1M 562K 44
PUBLISHED WORK!!! 30% OF THE STORY HAS BEEN TAKEN DOWN. Available on Amazon in paperwork and PDF (KINDLE) format. You know those kind of stor...
4.4K 437 13
Fifth book in 'Into The Woods' series. Can be a stand alone. Blue's Mama didn't know, but he remembered everything. Flashes of his terrible past liv...
25.1K 1.6K 32
"Hunters and Werewolves don't mate... do they?" Avery Williams lived in the lines of 'kill' or 'get killed'. Why would she get killed? Well, one, she...
4.6K 474 24
On his 18th anniversary, Frank Iero's parents reveal him their family secret. They tell him how their town has always been haunted and how their fami...