On The Run || JJK ✔️

By PurpleMistArmy

"Fast isn't in my vocabulary, Y/n." He smiles, head tilted with a playful gleam in his eyes. "Want to find... More

1 - Whispers
2 - The Hallway to Inevitable Doom
3 - Shifty Shifty
4 - Boxes
5 - Rooms
6 - Sprints
7 - Megaphone Speech
8 - Getaways
9 - Dropouts
10 - Platforms
11 - Elevator Glide
12 - Rocky Road
13 - Land Ho!
14 - Inside the Hobbit Hill
15 - Ice Guy
16 - Windswept
17 - Oh
18 - Ninja Skills
19 - Tracked
21 - "A Trip on Thin Air"
22 - To where?
23 - The Tree-Home
24 - Meeting Place
25 - Surprise...?
26 - Surprise!!
27 - Into the Night
28 - Sticks and Campfires
29 - You're It!
30 - Promised
31 - With You
32 - In the Snow
33 - To Never Let Go
34 - Missed
35 - Searched
36 - Pulled
37 - Discovered
38 - Centered
39 - The Power of Visuals
40 - A Redirection
41 - Take and Give
42 - Some Courage
43 - When Time Runs
44 - The Opposition
45 - Stumbling
46 - Unearthed Depths
47 - Healing
48 - Soft Conversation
49 - Light
50 - Message Sending
51 - Tugging
52 - Sent
Author's Note

20 - IDEA

972 94 64
By PurpleMistArmy

The conversation is getting... nowhere.

Absolutely nowhere.

"So what we need to do is stay," Namjoon says for the uptenth time.

Jimin huffs. "I still think we need to leave."

It's the two of them back and forth, back and forth, in a never-ending tennis match watched by the rest of us.

" - that would leak the other locations -"

" - what does it matter?! It's dangerous to stay too -"

The problem isn't the topic - it's the people. Namjoon is great at bringing up solid points, while Jimin is better at poking holes in all his arguments. They're equal in their specialities.

It's the similar skill levels that's dragging the argument on, and on, and on...

Eventually J-Hope works up the courage to raise his hand and put an end to it. "Uhh... guys? This isn't really getting anywhere..."

Namjoon and Jimin stop and turn to face the rest of us.

Without their arguing, the room becomes quiet.

Very quiet.

"... you do know that the rest of us still exist, right?" J-Hope says.

"Ohhh. I thought we were doing a debate," Namjoon responds. "And then whoever wins is the choice we'd end up agreeing with."

The rest of us shake our heads.

"Let's vote, then. Why didn't I think of this earlier?" Namjoon says, switching gears. "Everyone who wants to stay?"

Namjoon puts his own hand up, followed by Jin and Taehyung.

"Everyone wanting to leave?"

Suga and Jimin put their hands up together at the speed of light. Then J-Hope adds his hand in, too, earning a nod of approval from them.

"Jungkook, you haven't voted yet," Jin notices. "And neither have you, Y/n."

"Oh." I blink. "Right."

That brings me back to reality - I was so fascinated watching the whole thing that I completely forgot I existed.

"Honestly," Jungkook says, "I'm fine with anything as long as we don't split up. That's how people die in horror movies."

Jin groans. "Oh for goodness sake Jungkook, we are not in a horror movie -"

" - it doesn't hurt to be cautious - "

"Who cares about horror movie logic?"

"I care!" Jungkook grins, "Because you can't deny the fact that there's logic in staying together!"

Jin struggles to respond. He ends up saying nothing and settles on glaring at Jungkook, who just smiles innocently.

Suga watches in the sidelines, eyes distant in quiet contemplation.

"Let's bring it back now," Namjoon steps in. "Since we're still even, Y/n, be our tie breaker."

What?

"Me?"

Namjoon nods.

"But you guys are more experienced -"

"But we're tied right now, so be our tie breaker."

Hm. Which one to choose, which one to -

"Choose to leave," Jimin stage-whispers to me.

"Hey!" Namjoon snaps. "Don't try to persuade her."

"I - uhhh..." Their watchful gazes make me even more nervous. "I could... maybe we could do both?"

"Both?"

"... yeah."

"How?" Namjoon asks.

"I don't know. I just can't choose!"

He sighs. "Even with the voting we're still getting nowhere with this -"

"Namjoon."

That's Suga's voice.

Everyone becomes quiet and all attention is turned to him. I look over in astonishment. Despite being one of the quietest people in the room, he's still able to demand attention when he speaks.

Suga clears his throat. "Here's what I suggest."

"Oooh, Suga's ideas are always interesting," J-Hope whispers from my right.

If Suga heard the comment, he ignores it. There's a sharp look in his eyes when he looks around the room at all of us. "Listen. I do not think it would be smart to stay. There could be an attack at any moment and we're putting ourselves in danger."

He puts his hand up before Namjoon can object.

"I agree with Jimin. We need to move. Sure they might track us down anyway, but at the very least we'd be unpredictable, which would ensure our safety."

"But leaking the rest of our locations wouldn't help -"

Suga puts his hand down on the table, interrupting Namjoon. "Then we move elsewhere. Who says we need to stay at a base? We can get to somewhere that's obscure, like the countryside."

Another round of anxious buzz happens in reaction to that. It's mostly surprise at first, discussing the new idea, and then it slowly turns to agreement.

"Y/n's idea is actually the best," Suga continues. "We do both - we leave, but we don't stay at the other bases."

I nod, pretending like that was what I meant all along.

"Well done Y/n," J-Hope smiles. "I knew it was a good decision to have hope in you."

I offer a smile back. "Thank you."

"We won't have protection in a place like the countryside," Namjoon insists, still skeptical.

"But we'd have unpredictability on our side." Suga crosses his arms. "If we move around fast enough, and we get ourselves trained up, then I see no issue with it."

"It's been decided!" Jimin claps his hands. "We're leaving!"

The others express their agreement.

Namjoon sighs, and seems to admit his defeat. "Jin, what's your estimate on how long it'll take for us to pack up?" he asks.

"... uhh... six days?"

"Six days?!" Jimin's eyes widen. Then he puts the back of his hand to his forehead and sways dramatically. "They'll have found us by then. We'd be dead!"

J-Hope laughs at the act, causing Jimin to break his character and laugh with him.

"There's eight of us to pack for, and if we leave unprepared we'd probably die out there anyway. So I guess there's no choice," Suga shrugs.

"Idea!" Jungkook raises his hand.

Jin nods, allowing him to continue.

"We could use these six days to train Y/n and show her some moves! Like that one whirlly round move, and that one move that goes POOF, you know." He scratches the back of his head sheepishly. "Moves that I know how to do but don't know the names of?"

"Amazing idea!" J-Hope replies without missing a beat. "I knew I could always count on you -"

And with that, Jin cuts the moment short and ushers all of us out of the kitchen, claiming that he has to do the dishes and get to packing. After some 'see y'all later's, the rest move to different sections of the base, each off to their own thing (likely packing).

The only people who stay next to me are Jungkook and the two people from last night - Jimin and Namjoon.

"I'm willing to guide your training," Namjoon raises an eyebrow. "We can start today. Hopefully you got enough sleep last night because it'll be tiring."

"... I think I'll be fine," I say. "It's not like I'll pass out or anything, right?"

Jimin just shrugs. "Possibly."

"Here, I'll go with you," Jungkook smiles. "I'm still learning too. Let's go together."

Jimin eyes me closely, gives a peculiar gaze to Jungkook that I can't decipher, then nods. "Okay. I'll be off to my room, then. Have fun you two!"

He offers a goodbye wave, then bounces away.

Namjoon gestures at the brown tunnel. "Let's go."

Then the three of us are off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 1.9K 54
Namjoon's lost. Jin and Yoongi are both in love. Hoseok's numb. Jimin's fine. Taehyung hates home. And Jungkook is confused. Faced with break ups, de...
12K 409 10
You're a normal girl making her life in the city of Seoul, but a stormy trip to work goes wrong causing you to black out. Waking up, you find your wo...
498K 20.5K 58
❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precisely, two ex-lovers, meet again after thei...
2.8K 251 44
Status- Completed *Based on true incidents that happened throughout BTS' journey* " Was he really clueless? Or did he outsmart their fate?" A BTS x...