Mythical Academy (Undergoing...

By CatesPencil

Meet Kate. A snappy powerful free-runner, or rogue, with a strong animal side that even she doesn't know. How... More

Chapter 1- History
Chapter 2- New People
Chapter 3- Fights
Chapter 4- Test
Chapter 5- Passed
Chapter 6- Home
Chapter 7- Old Friends, New Friends
Chapter 8- Movie Night
Chapter 10- Brother
Chapter 11- Scars
Chapter 12- Threat
Chapter 13- Mate
Chapter 14- Pleasure or Pain
Chapter 15-Attacked
Chapter 16- Animal
Chapter 17- Blood-Sucking Bastard
Chapter 18- Morning Tease
Chapter 19- Eclipse
Chapter 20- Kidnapped
Chapter 21- Escape
Chapter 22- Demontic Fight
Chapter 23- Done with Sass
Chapter 24- Alleyway
Chapter 25- Too Slow
Chapter 26- War Among Lovers
Chapter 27- The Capture
Chapter 28- Love or Life
Chapter 29- Love Wins
Chapter 30- Back Together, Fighting Together
Chapter 31- Love and War
Chapter 32- The Demon King
Chapter 33- Plans with Old Pain
Chapter 34- Final Fight
Epilogue
Book Two: Mythical War

Chapter 9- Cooking Relationships

17.3K 732 56
By CatesPencil

Kate's p.o.v

I stretch out across the silky bed, my eyes still not opening from the great night I had. God, magic class did wear me out.

Hold up. I'm in a bed?!?

I shriek slightly as I roll off the unfamiliar bed. Gasping as the air gets knocked out of my lungs as my back meets the floor. I freeze, the darkness of the room enveloping me.

"Kate?" Asks an amused voice.

I don't respond, freezing in fear.

"Kate I know it's you. You are the only one that even enters this room. That, and your heartbeat is really loud." The amused voice continues.

I gulp, no it's not! Stupid heart! Stop beating so fast!

The voice sighs before I hear a body shuffle on the bed that I was just in. Wait, where am I anyway?

"Ah!" I screech as Ethan's head pops up from the bed. "Thud!" My head smashes against the table next to the bed. Fuuu.....

I hiss in pain as I grasp the backside on my head; it sizzling with pain.

My memory comes back: I'm at the pack house. I look down at my body, still clothed. Thank god, otherwise I would have shredded someone.

Ethan smirks, "Bravo runner,"

I roll my eyes, standing up, "Not my fault I thought you were some rapist or drunk dude that brought me into his bed."

Ethan smirk deepens, "How are you sure? Maybe I am a drunk dude that brought you into his bed....."

I scoff, "Ya, sure..."

Ethan opens his mouth to make a remark but I interrupt him, "Imma go change," I say, waving my hand behind me as I storm my way to the dark wood door that lead to my room. My head still stung.

Slamming the door, I lean against it. What even happened last night?

I shake my head, I don't want to even know. Going through my closet, I realize I don't have anything to wear. Well, it's not like I could afford to carry or even buy anything else.

I sigh, grabbing my only other shirt and pair of jeans and throwing them on the bed. Slipping out of my current clothes, I quickly change into my other pair.

I throw my hair into a messy pony-tail before storming out of my room.

My jaw drops.

In front of my stood Ethan, shirtless. I feel my cheeks heat as he catches my eyes, slipping on his shirt. He had toned muscles and a nice 6 pack with everything else included.

"Enjoying the view?" He smirks, finishing pulling down his shirt over his head.

I turn away, blushing deeply. I then feel my animal side give me courage. I raise my head up to meet Ethan's eyes and smirk, "Well of course..."

He hesitates, confusion holding his face, "W-what?"

I smirk before walking up to him, swaying my hips slightly. He freezes, gulping, as I stop in front of him.

I lean up, as if I am about to go for a kiss before whispering, "I got you, blood-sucker...."

I gentle allow my hand to travel down his chest, smirking at his shaky reaction, "I got you, and I will always get my revenge...."

I lean in closer, kissing his cheek, before rapidly pulling away, leaving poor Ethan completely stuck in confusion and regret. He looks at me with pleading eyes to continue but I smirk, giving him a hint.

He frowns, "This was a trick wasn't it..."

I give a slight smile, mischiefs shinning in my eyes, "Revenge, blood-sucker, sweet cold-hearted revenge..."

I see him tense from slight anger/annoy. I blow a kiss to him before quickly running out of the room, slamming the door shut behind me and bursting into a full sprint downstairs. I giggle all the way down to the kitchen grabbing Anna's shoulders and hiding behind them.

"Kate!" Ethan's voice rings out around the house.

I bite my lip with a smile, still hidden behind Anna.

She smirks, "What did you do?"

"Revenge," I chuckle, holding onto her shoulders tightly. She laughs, allowing me to use her as my shield.

"Kate...." A sing-songy voice rings out, coming from a person going down the stairs; Ethan, of course.I giggle, this is so fun!! I love revenge!

"Ethan? Baby? What's the matter?" A annoying voice asks, stopping Ethan.

I smirk at the groan Ethan was holding back as Sheila came to view.

"Go away Sheila!" He growls.

She crosses her arms, "No! I demand to know what is going on! I am your mate, baby! Shouldn't I get your love and attention?"

I roll my eyes, leaving my shield, Anna, knowing Ethan won't be able to come any further downstairs.

"You are not my mate!" He shouts, storming back upstairs.

I couldn't help but grin. I lean against the counter, watching as Sheila enters the kitchen.

I glare at her, remembering clearly her face when I was sent off. She stops in front of me, glaring at me with arms crossed. Anna stood tense by my side, though she was getting supplies out.

"Ethan is mine! Understand that b*tch?" She says annoyed.

I snarl back, "Everything is always yours, you spoiled little brat. Time to learn how what it feels like to have competition, Princess!

Her mouth drops a little in anger. Apparently the pack was too nice to tell her the straight on truth. She composes herself before raising her head higher and storming away from the kitchen, shouting, "I will tell my mommy and dad!!!"

I scoff, rolling my eyes as Anna claps slowly. "Nobody has ever called her a brat before..." She chuckles.

I shrug, "Hey, she is..." I lean over, quickly grabbing the egg from Anna's hand.

She purses her lips in anger and confusion. I give a slight smile, "Relax, I'm cooking breakfast today. You deserve it. That and I haven't cooked in a while."

Her mood instantly lights up, "Alright! Sounds good!"

She takes a seat at one of the swiveling stools, leaning against the granite counter.

My hands start to work like magic as all my memories on cooking come back to me. Before I knew it, I was happily running around the kitchen cooking multiple meals and breakfasts at once.

Anna kept me entertained and reminded me of things here and there. I on the other hand gave her tips and tricks. Linda soon joined, quietly watching with a small smile. Then Athena, who joined into our conversation smoothly.

I listened to the girls as the three pans in front of me, sizzled.

"Oh my freaking Magic, what is that smell?" A new voice says.

I turn around, holding one of the pans in my hand while a spatula in the other.

"That's you cooking?" Jack says, his mouth falling open.

I roll my eyes, turning back to the stove. I smugly reply as I hear him grunt from Athena's kick, "Yes. Just because I am a free-runner doesn't mean I can't cook. Doesn't ever female need to know to cook?"

"Well, every wife does....." He begins. I smirk as he gets a harder kick from Athena. I wink at him as he clutches his place in pain, no sound coming out of his mouth. He purses his lips and manages to whisper out, "you did that on purpose..."

I laugh slightly as I watch Léo come down the stairs, filling his nose with the scent of my cooking, "Maybe I did Jack, maybe I did."

Léo quickly lifts Anna up from her stool, causing giggles from her, and puts her in his lap, "This looks so delicious Kate..." He says, eyeing the food hungrily. He reaches forward to pluck a tomato from one of the plates.

I slap his hand away, "No harassing the food mister!" I grab the plates, putting them on another counter.

Léo playfully whines, "Aw, come on!"

I glare at Anna. "Get your boyfriend under control!" I laugh.

She chuckles slightly, leaning her head back to give him a kiss. Jack grunts as he gets up on one of the stools next to Athena.

As we hear two people running down the stairs, Athena smiles, "I can't wait to try it Kate!"

"Damn it!" Ethan groans, seeing me with a frying pan on one hand, a spatula in the other, and a little apron on me. Will tilts his head slightly to me before walking toward Linda and placing her in his lap. She giggles before giving him a kiss. Ethan continues grumbling"Now I can't get my revenge on you for everyone wants to eat!"

I smirk, flipping the eggs, causing an applause to go through the crowd. "Oh no, looks like I have to please you with food. Don't I, blood-sucker."

Athena and Jack go into snickers.

Ethan sighs, playing along and taking another seat at the granite table, "It looks like you win, servant..."

"Ooo! You did not just use that card, playboy!" I say, my mouth falling open.

The crowd goes into laughs, "Nice Ethan, now you are going to make her kill you in your sleep!" laughs Jack. Athena and Anna nod in agreement while Léo, Will, and Linda just grin.

Ethan shrugs, "Eh, I can get away with it, right servant?"

"If this food wasn't for the other people in the pack including you, I would have dumped it on your head and stuck the hot frying pan down your shirt..."I reply smoothly, continuing to finish up my many plates of food. I am just in a too good of a mood to have that affect me.

Ethan smirks.

"Mmm! That smells and looks sooooo good Kate!" Anna says, her mouth watering as I place down her plate.

I pretty much created a normal breakfast. Eggs, sausages, toast, but also added other small things too. Like little recipes I know up my sleeve. I also gave each person a twist. For example, Anna's and Léo's eggs have different meats on them, though Léo's also has hot sauce. Linda and Will had certain jams. However, to Linda's, I added some lavender flowers to the side it make it more 'her'. Jack and Athena the same. I finish setting up the last plate, pouring into a cup some blood from the fridge, before putting it down in front of Ethan.

I gasp as I feel his hand brush over mine. I catch his electrifying eyes, noticing the slight mischief spark at my reaction. He genuinely smiles, "Thank you for breakfast, Kate..."

Did he just call me Kate, and not runner?

I pull my hand away, stammering slightly, before catching myself. I smile back, "Your welcome, blood-sucker..."

He grins, digging into his food. I sigh, leaning over the counter, watching as the pack gobbled up their food hungrily and happily.

"Oh god, Kate, this is amazing!" Moans Anna through bites of food. I smile, "Thanks...."

Linda asks, "Aren't you going to eat anything?"

I shake my head no, "I don't do anything in this house or earn money. I can't pay for the food so...."

Will interrupts, mad, "Bullsh*t! You are part of this pack, and you get to eat with it! Plus, you have done a lot, like give us breakfast and challenge Ethan!"

The group goes into laughs as I smile at Will, "Thanks."

He nods his head before the temptation of the food gets to him and he goes back to digging in.

I make myself some quick normal eggs, and eat standing as we all finish breakfast. Today is starting off like a good day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the book; however, I have to apologies for this short chapter. Though, I can assure you that there will be some fun action scenes coming up!

Thanks so much for the reads! Its great! Please comment if you have any suggestions. Thanks!

Enjoy!

(Next update: Between tomorrow and seven days)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147 11 11
Enter the extraordinary world of Starlight Academy, where parallel realms of supernatural beings collide. Seraphina Marshall, the enigmatic queen of...
1.6K 122 44
To be a teen in a small town is easier said than done, especially when you don't have the easiest life. Two girls - the Sun and Moon face the challen...
452 23 13
This not the story of a regular werewolf meet her Alpha mate, have a cliche mate bonds and ended up together. There is more of the adventure, the fig...
116K 5.3K 75
Book One of a three part series 18+ will contain mature content TW - mentions of rape, gore, abuse, sex, death "Watch your tone Lillian or you will...