Crossing Paths

Por intimidating_eyes

Everything started a year ago when Aiden, a music major, has crossed paths with a literature major named Aria. Mais

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 8

10 3 0
Por intimidating_eyes

I'm back in my room, still trying to process what the hell just happened. I can't believe I kissed someone who is not yet my boyfriend... YET? WHAT THE? Am I expecting something more from that kiss? Do I want more? I don't know!

I buried my face on my pillow and screamed. I'm so confused!

"Hey! Stop acting weird and answer your phone. It's been ringing for a while." Clem shouted from her bed.

I sat straight and picked up my phone without looking at who the caller is.

"Hi."

It's a guy!

I removed my phone from my ear and finally checked who called me. Why is he calling right now? I don't know what to say!

I just stared at my phone for a minute then I heard him talk again. "Are you there?"

"Oh! It's you!" I blurted out. I didn't even say hi. What kind of response is that, Aria Daina!?

I heard him laugh on the other line.

"Yeah, it's me. I just want to ask if we could talk... you kind of ran away earlier. So..."

"Yes, of course. What's up?"

Pretend to be cool, Ada. Be cool. Breathe in, breathe out.

"I'm actually outside your dorm. I wanted to talk in person, not over the phone."

"WHAT?" My voice got a little higher, earning a suspicious glance from Clem who is now mouthing the words 'WHO'S THAT?' I shook my head and I hung up the phone. I slipped out of my pajamas and wore something casual.

I was about to open the door when Clem called me out, "Ada, where are you going? It's late!"

"Outside. Someone's waiting for me. I'll be quick, don't worry."

I finally head out.

I saw him standing there in the parking lot, still wearing his get up from their performance. He noticed me walking in his direction and he waved his hand to say hello.

___

The moment I closed the door of our room, I leaned my back against it to have a support because my knees are weak and shaking.

Clem pulled me up and dragged me to her bed. She forced me to sit in front of her, my hands were covered with hers. She looked at me wide-eyed. "Tell me what happened. Now."

"Look, if it's about the kiss, I'm really sorry. I'm--"

"I am not," he said, cutting me off. I just stared at him for a moment, not saying a single word. What does he mean?

"I'm not sorry that we kissed... that I kissed you," he took my hand in his and held it tightly. I felt a lump in my throat, I bit my lips to stop whatever it is that's about to come up.

"I like you and I didn't regret anything. In fact, I'm happy that you kissed me back. I didn't expect that." he laughed.

"You what? YOU KISSED HIM BACK? I freaking knew it! You like him, don't you?" Clem asked with a smile that reached her eyes.

"I'm not sure at first but when he kissed me... I felt ecstatic, I felt overjoyed and excited and I felt not just the butterflies in my stomach, it's the whole damn zoo."

We both laughed at my exaggerated statement.

"Does it mean that you guys are dating?"

"Well..."

I bit my lips harder, afraid to hear his answer, "So are we... you know... dating now?"

I cannot believe I just asked that! It is embarrassing!

"Only if you want to," he smiled brightly. "Do you wanna date someone like me?"

I rolled my eyes upon hearing his question. "Who wouldn't want to date 'someone' like you? Every girl who watched you tonight is swooning over you."

"Is that a yes I'm hearing?"

I nodded.

He let go of my hand and turned his back on me. What is he doing? Is he changing his mind already?

"Woohooo! I'M HIS BOYFRIEND. THIS GODDESS RIGHT HERE IS NOW MY GIRLFRIEND."

A few people passing by looked at him, "Do you hear that? I have a girlfriend!" he said to them. The passersby laughed and congratulated him. After that, he turned his gaze on me once more.

"I'm sorry about that. I'm just so happy. I didn't--" he stopped, looking at me worriedly. He put his hand on my face and wiped the tears that I have been trying to hold in.

"I'm just happy. I have never met a guy who's been proud to be with me. Not even my ex-boyfriend." I immediately answered upon reading the question inside his head that's clearly seen on his confused face.

He hugged me and whispered in my ears, "He's a fool for not being proud to be with a gorgeous woman like you and he's a lunatic for letting you go."

___

The next few days were kind of a blur - getting ready for school, attending classes, heading to the clubroom, except the conversations I had with Aiden in between those everyday routines. The thought of seeing him excites me, my fuel for the day, and every time we are together, I am learning new things about him.

"Yeah, I had to rush to my mom that night. It's just the two of us now, living far away from her is hard," he clenched his fist but opened it right away, flashing a sorrowful look on his face, "I miss her every day."

"Enough about me. What about your family? Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

His bright smile is back and it looks like we traded places. The happiness on my face was gone, now crestfallen just by remembering my own family.

I averted his gaze and focused on my own two feet.

"My family is perfect... or so I thought. We're happy. I have a mom, a dad, they love me very much and I love them, too. I thought nothing would break us apart... until I caught my dad red-handed. He has the guts to bring his mistress back at home thinking that mom and I would be gone for a whole weekend visiting my grandparents."

I can feel the heat rising up to my cheeks. The anger that I thought I have buried and have forgotten ignites once more just by remembering that time. Smoke is practically coming out of my ears just by the thought of my father and his mistress.

He took my hand and intertwined our fingers together, his thumb drawing small circles around brings ease to my chest, making my breath come back to normal.

"It's not really a happy story." I tried to smile but the attempt was futile.

I told him that my mom forgave dad but I still could not find it in my heart to do the same. It has been 5 years but the memory is still vivid, it sometimes haunts me in my dreams.

"Rest assured, as long as you have me, as long as we are together, there will be no other woman in my life. I have my eyes only on you, Daina. No one else"

I felt my face turning even redder, not because of anger, this time it is because of his words and how comforting it is to hear that from someone whose words I am starting to believe in.

I tried to downplay my emotion and changed the topic by asking a question.

"Do you know that you're the only one who's calling me Daina?"

"I have a feeling that I do," he smirked. "Why? You don't like it? It's such a waste not to call you by that beautiful name."

There we go again. Why does he know what to say and why does he have to say it so smoothly?

"I like it to the point where it seems like an endearment because you're the only one saying it. Normally, I would ask people to call me Aria or Ada, a combination of Aria and DAina. Never Daina. But with you, I really don't mind."

I squeezed his hand and smiled softly. "Maybe because you didn't mispronounce it like other people do. They are even calling me Diana. I'm not my mom." I said jokingly.

"Do you know that everything about your name screams music? Aria - melody, tune, opera," he listed. "And don't get me started with Daina. It basically means melody and song; 'God is my judge, song, melody.' That over there is the reason why I love your name even more. It's so beautiful. The fact that I love everything about music is just an addition."

I stared at him for a whole minute before responding, "Wow! Did you research that? Should I be scared that you know more about me than I do about myself?"

He laughed, bringing my hand to his lips. " I just happened to know a lot of things about music and I told you, your name screams music."

"Don't worry. I love your name, too. Landon Carter is a favorite character of mine. He and Jamie made me cry like a lot. I love his character development as well. When I was young, I even thought of changing my surname to Carter because of him.

"Well, now you just have to marry me to make it happen." He said while smiling innocently.

Is he not aware of how that statement made my heart beat so freaking fast? This guy will be the death of me. I am sure of it.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

233 60 37
I wasn't prepared for this. I wasn't supposed to find out. I'm not supposed to be here with them. Yet, here I am... Arianna Gallardo is changing. Cha...
130K 4.8K 39
Being best friends, Aria Levine and Aiden Finch were willing to do quite a number of things for each other. Aria joining Aiden to his friend's frat p...
340 37 25
A love story of two teenagers met accidentally. Suddenly he come to her school. He told just like the whole school that I am his girlfriend. They jus...
1.4K 59 52
Every time night falls, the city always lights up the dark streets with lively city lights. The usual boring life that we were always live in, wonder...