Hate that I Love You

By KaylaJenkins2

"We met in Miami, she was working at the mall at the time and I bumped into her at the gas station on the way... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
A/N
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Not an Update
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
ANNOUCEMENT
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five.I
Thirty Five.II
Epilogue

Five

16.3K 490 75
By KaylaJenkins2

Dave
2 days later...

"So Dave? I can call you Dave or--" The tv show host says, struggling to keep her focus. She's one of most women that can't be professional around a man, can't have a wap and a dry ass wallet.

"You can call me Dave shorty." I say licking my lips, playing with her a little bit. She shifts sides in her seat.

"Ugh..okay...soo umm...Dave are you single? Special lady on your mind?" She asks. I instantly think of Diamonté, stay on my mind 24/7.

Monté told me she wasn't ready for me to take care of her, I respect that. She's a independent woman and she been doing shit on her own for a while but one way or another I'm gone take care of her and treat her right cause she deserves it. Even if we just friends.

"Nah I'm single right now, just focusing on my music na mean. I just released my album "Hate me Now" and it's surfacing now on the billboard charts."

"So why not have nobody to share that with? What would be the kind of woman you're willing to share that with? The kind of woman that can lock down Dave East." One thing I hate about going on tv shows they always try to get you vulnerable and make you air shit out for the fans.

"The kind of woman I'm willing to share this dream that I've worked my life for, struggled for, fought for. She gotta be a strong woman, a woman who can deal with all of me without checking what's in my wallet first. I den been with many women and I've only know 2 women like that."
———-
After the talk show, I drove to my moms crib to see what she was up to.

"Mama Love wassup witchu?" I say walking in the living room. She sat on the couch with her feet up watching 'Friday After Next'.

"Hey baby, I ain't been doing nothing just cleaning around this house." She says hugging me. I kiss her on the cheek then sit down next to her.

"I feel that, I was just on my way to Mahogany's doctors appointments and just had to check on you." She looks up from her phone rolling her eyes.

"I still can't believe you slept with that loose ass girl, I'm not one to talk about my grandbaby's mother but I don't trust that hoe." She says causing me to laugh. My ma don't trust no woman with my heart since my ex Keisha stole from me. I still remained solid so I don't even trip over that shit no more.

"It's not like I meant to but she's pregnant so i'm just gon thug it out for my son."

"That's all you can do, Ian raise you to be no deadbeat, you will be a good father to your son no matter what because me and ya pops was good parents to you no matter what we was going through."

My parents divorced after I graduated they said they did all they could for me now it was time for them to be happy. I respected their decision even though if fucked me up a little bit. My pops stay in Miami now with his new wife, Cecly.

"And I seen that fast tale host on national tv flirting with you."

"You know how that go mama, these woman can't stay away from Dave East." I shrug my shoulders licking my lips.

"You get that cocky shit from ya father, and one day just like ya father you gon find a woman you ain't checking for Dave East. A woman who just wanna know David." She says back on her phone.

"I feel you ma." I say thinking of Monté.

A few seconds later my phone goes off. It's Mahogany.

"Hol up ma this my baby moms." I get up and walk by the door, answering the phone.

"Hello."

"Dave....I'm sorry...I didn't know...." Mahogany says balling her eyes out.

"I can barely hear you shorty calm down, watchu mean you didn't know." I ask raising my voice a little as her sobs get louder.

"He's not yours. The baby isn't yours." I feel my blood began to boil, I felt a rage that I haven't felt since Keisha.

*

Monté

Listening to old school 90's R & B and burning the candle I just got from bath and body works. I sit in the living room of my hotel room studying for my final exams coming up this week. 

I am finally almost out the door for school and I can't wait to just be on my own, start fresh.

I pick my phone up off the couth as it buzzes. I am supposed to be studying and having my phone on do not disturb but it's Dave texting me.

David : I need you. I'm coming over to pick you up.

I set my phone down looking down at my notebook. I still have this one class I need to study for but I don't want to blow Dave off if he really needs me.

I pick up the phone and dial his number. He answers on the first ring.
——————
David: Hello

Monté: Hey, sorry I can't text I'm trynna finish studying for this class but I know you need me so i'm here

David: Nah shorty you can hit me when you finish with ya work

Monté: No it's okay, talk to me

David: Igh so Mahogany called me when I was at my moms house visiting talm bout she said the baby isn't mine

Monté: What do you mean the baby isn't yours

I pause my studying.

David: She went to the doctor and the doctor told her turns out she's further along then what she thought, around the same time she slept with ha ex

Monté: Oh my gosh Dave I'm sorry that happened to you. I know how much that baby probably means to you, will you eventually get a DNA test?

David: I don't know but I'm not finna sit around and keep giving my energy towards something that's most likely not mines

Monté: I'm sorry Dave

David:You don't gotta keep sayin that shorty, you ain't do nothing wrong

Monté: I know but now I feel I've been doing the same thing to you. Let me just say this now while we on the subject. I can't let you take care of me because I don't want a man to take care of me, I want somebody to just love me unconditionally that's something I never felt.

Dave: well i'm glad you finally told me wassup, foreva keep it real with me and ima forever respect your decision.

Monté: I just don't want to be another girl fucking with a rapper. I want to be Diamonté and If I can't separate that and be with you then I don't know.

Dave: I feel like you just scared mama. Which is okay but whenever you feel as though you stop being scared and just let yourself live for you and your happiness just lemme know and for right now I'll be your friend

Monté: I know I say this alot but I'm really glad I met you at the gas station cause I was in a different space I wasn't open to new shit and you brought me out my shell and you continue to surprise me everyday. Mr. Dave East
———————
9:30 am

After staying up hours on the phone and trying to cram in some studying. I woke up to the sound of knocking at the door. I rub my eyes rising out the bed, tomorrow is already my last day in New York. It's going by so fast.

I open the door to see nobody there just a bouquet of flowers and a box on the floor. I pick them up and walk inside.

"Car will be there to pick you up at 9pm .Can't wait to see you."
-Dave

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.5K 1.1K 34
"you make me feel all these feelings n' emotions I've neva felt before" - ๐…๐„๐๐‘๐”๐€๐‘๐˜ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
193K 6.6K 35
We're back with our favorite couple Carmen and Tony ! Having now finished highschool, we get into the lives of the two young adults. College life, a...
217K 5.2K 55
"What's stopping you from making her yours? You love her. I know you do. So what's stopping you?" I ask in genuine curiosity. Not my usual cocky tone...
5.2K 260 8
๐ฐ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ง๐ž๐š๐ค๐ข๐ง' ๐š๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐, ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ๐จ