Until He Graduates [MewGulf]

By ad_infinitum07

Until he graduates.. Gulf swore to himself, "I'm not going to have a boyfriend until I graduate!" But then... More

Kafé At Delight
Can I Get Your Number?
Text Buddies
Lunch Date
The Ex
First Night
First Night pt.2
The Secret
Trouble I'm In
13th Bar
I Promise You Forever Right Now
The King, the Bishop, the Rook, and the Knight
Pasts and Unfinished Business

Weekend Party

1.3K 90 14
By ad_infinitum07

"Are you free next weekend?" Mew asked as he stood in line right next to Gulf. "Please say you are!"

"Well, I think I should be-" Gulf started to answer but suddenly remember what Gun told him earlier today.

"Keep this weekend free for me pleaseee~" Gun said with puppy dog eyes and he couldn't help but nod. How can he say no to that face?

Gulf carefully glanced at Mew who was looking at him expectantly. How can he have his puppy dog eyes, too? Why is everyone attacking him like this today? "I'm sorry, P'Mew. I already said yes to my friend this weekend."

"Friend?" Mew carefully asked. It's not THAT friend from the restaurant before, right? "Which one?"

"Gun." He answered, keeping an eye on the line as it will be his turn to order soon. "He wants us to go to a party with him."

"Ah, do you know who's party?" It's not like he was going to crash the party or something. He was just curious, that's all.

Gulf shook his head. "Nope. Just someone Gun knows." Then it was finally his turn to order. He unlocked his phone to check any messages from the others, and of course there was. They wouldn't pass an opportunity for free drinks like this.

Gun: Hi, B! I'll have an iced caramel macchiato, an espresso frapp for Mild, and of course a salted caramel frapp for Saint. Thank you, you wonderful soul! <3

Gulf shook his head amusedly before relating the text to the worker taking the orders, along with his drink order. Then he looked behind him to Mew. "P'Mew, what would you like to drink?"

Mew was slightly taken aback. He didn't think he would be asked for a drink by none other than Gulf. He quickly racked his brain for anything to order at Starbucks. He doesn't really like coffee so he'll have to go with something sweet. "I'll have a Java Chip frapp."

The younger man smiled. Who knew that the Mew Suppasit was into really sweet drinks. "Okay, P'Mew."

"Thanks," the older one softly smiled to himself. Another point for him! Everything's going surprisingly well today.

"So how come you're getting drinks for everyone today?" Mew asked as the both of them started walking back towards the library. He didn't really need anything from there or have any sort of business in that location, but he didn't wanna separate from Gulf yet. At this point, he was bound to follow him anywhere he can.

Gulf took a sip of his green tea frapp before furrowing his eyebrows. "They were asking me questions I didn't want to answer so I offered to get drinks to get their minds off of it."

"So I'm guessing I'm not allowed to ask what questions those were since I already accepted a drink from you?" Mew asked teasingly with a smile forming on his handsome face.

"Precisely." You won't like the answer anyways. He added silently, hating himself for thinking about that guy once again.

He really hope he doesn't bump into him ever again.

~.~

"What's up, guys?!" Boat exclaimed as he charged towards where his friends were seated in their department's cafeteria. He was full of energy as always.

"Did you need to yell? We don't have any hearing problems, you know." Off chastised as the youngest one sat down on the chair across from him.

Zee looked up from his phone to him. "Mew's not with you? Didn't you guys have last class together?"

Boat just sighed. "Where else would he be? Where Gulf is , of course."

Off laughed as he shook his head, while Zee smirked. It was really amusing seeing their usually cool friend be head over heels on someone like Gulf. They couldn't wait to see how everything's eventually going to turn out.

"Oh, by the way guys," Off said. "Wanna go to a party this weekend?"

"Who's party?" Zee asked.

"Just someone I know from way back."

"Are we drinking?" This time, Boat asked.

Off glanced over at him with a WTF look. "What else would we be doing there aside from drinking?"

"I don't know! Maybe, socialize?"

"Yeah, right." Off grumbled. How do you socialize without alcohol? "Just keep this weekend free. Oh, and would you mind letting Mew know, Zee?"

Zee nodded, eyes still locked onto his phone. "Yessir."

.

Fast Forward to the Weekend~

I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch
I said, ooh, I'm drowning in the night
Oh, when I'm like this, you're the one I trust

.

"Mew!" Zee banged on Mew's door for what seemed like a hundredth time. "Open the damn door already! Mew!"

A grumble was heard on the other side before the door finally opened, revealing a very annoyed and fresh-from-the-bed-looking Mew. "What do you want, Zee?"

His friend just looked him up and down whilst shaking his head. Then he pushed on to enter his condo without an invitation whatsoever. "I knew you were gonna forget, huh. What have you been doing since last night? It's almost 4 pm!"

"I was working on the report last night and this morning, for your information. I don't slack off on my education like you do."

Zee chuckled at that. "Uh-huh, and you want me to believe that?" He pointed at the empty beer bottles on the kitchen table.

"I got thirsty.."

"C'mon, man! What's going on with you? You were fine just a few days ago!" He exclaimed. "Did Gulf start ignoring you or something?"

Mew suddenly whipped his head to look at him, eyes wide and hopeful. "How did you know? Did you hear anything?"

Zee blinked several times, trying to remain serious for his friend's sanity. He can't believe this is the same Mew that everyone fancied and looked up to. Drinking alone and locking himself up in his condo, all because a certain someone was ignoring him. "No, I just guessed. Lately, you've been easy to guess as long as Gulf is somewhere in the equation."

"Don't even," Mew said, his face frowning again as he ran a hand across his face. He looked tired and soulless at the moment.

"This is exactly why you should get ready right now!" Zee put his arms around his friend's shoulders and dragged him towards the bathroom. "We have a party to go to, after all. Forget about your love woes for now and come chill with your awesome friends."

"Zee, I really don't-"

"We are not taking 'no' for an answer. It has been forever since the last time we partied." He answered as he pushed Mew inside the bathroom before closing the door on him. The other had no choice but to comply. After all, a shower might really help lighten up his mood.

Zee pulled out his phone as he heard the shower started to run. "Got him. He's getting ready now. We need to cheer him up and give him some encouragement later." He texted his other two friends.

Off: Cool! See you guys soon.

Boat: Take care of him, Zee! See you later!

Zee: Yeah, yeah. See you.

~.~

Gulf downed his third drink in 30 minutes, or was it 15 minutes? He couldn't believe he allowed himself to be in this situation. He wanted to blame someone, blame Gun for bringing him to this Godforsaken party, but it was also his fault for not being honest to him about this certain thing from his past. He could've just told him then and there, but he didn't. He couldn't.

He wanted to bury it six feet under. He never wanted to see him again.

That's what he kept telling himself.

Gulf needed a new drink, something stronger. Nothing seems to be affecting him. And funny enough, the song playing right now seems to be perfect for his situation at the moment. Who knew he had to go through all these again? Wasn't he supposed to be stronger than he was three years ago? Isn't that how life is? The older you get, the wiser, the stronger you are? 

But it doesn't feel like it.

'Cause the weekend is my free time
The weekend is my girls night
The weekend is the reason I'm alive
The weekend got me tossed up
But you just got me fucked up
But you wanna be the best thing now

All my tears are liquor going down down
I don't give a damn how it looks right now
I just wanna drink til I go dumb dumb
So I can't just forget that I'm numb numb numb
Throwing up all the emotions
You're so quick to close up when I'm open
I'm just gonna drink til I go dumb dumb
So I can't just forget that I'm numb numb numb

Gulf has been trying his best in avoiding that one corner in the room, but his eyes kept being unconsciously pulled to it. He could just leave and escape from this misery but then that would mean having to explain, digging up something he has buried for so long. He had no other choice but to suck it up and act like nothing's wrong. He can do at least this much, as long as he stayed far away from him.

He was taking yet another sip of his drink when he suddenly felt eyes on him.

For some reason, he knew exactly who it's from. He tried his best to ignore the goosebumps, tried to shake off his beating heart. But he knew he found him. He finally realized he was here. It wouldn't be too long now until he finds his way to him again. Only this time, he isn't wanted.

Gulf frantically looked around as he noticed a familiar figure walking towards him.

Where the hell was Mild when he needed him the most? Or rather, where was his friends? At least just one of them. It's like they all just disappeared, leaving him to deal with his problems by himself. He really has the worst luck these days.

"Gulf?" Said a voice Gulf was dreading to hear. "You're actually here.."

Gulf kept his eyes on his drink. Anywhere but him. "Yeah. Gun invited us."

Bright sat down right beside him, a little bit too close for Gulf's liking so the latter moved over. "But I wasn't sure you'd come, considering how you've been avoiding me."

Well if I had known this was your party, I wouldn't be here right now! Gulf wanted to yell at him, but he decided against it. He shouldn't cause a scene in someone else's party, surrounded my people he doesn't even know. "I had nothing else to do."

"Look, about last time-"

"Bright, please. Can we not talk about it?"

Bright frowned at his response as he cut him off mid-sentence. "You've been avoiding it for years now, Gulf. How much longer do I need to wait?"

Gulf looked at him, exasperated. "How much longer do you need to wait?! Who told you to wait, Bright?" You were the one that left, not me! He wanted to add but he bit his tongue instead. There's no sense talking about it now. It was a few years too late.

"You did! You told me you needed time to figure it out so I gave you time. I gave you plenty of time already. Is it still not enough?"

"You-" Gulf wasn't sure if he wanted to laugh or cry from the absurdity of it all. What is even going on right now? Who does he think he is? "Sorry, I don't have time for this. I have to go look for my friends since they have clearly forgotten about my existence."

Gulf stood up to leave but didn't get too far as a hand grasped his to stop him. "I can help you look for them." Gulf tried to pull his hand away from Bright's just as another hand suddenly pulled it away for him. Then his body was pulled to find shelter behind a leaner, much stronger one.

"Don't worry about it. I'll help him." Said a serious, no-nonsense, voice.

"P-Mew?" Gulf muttered, obviously shocked at his interference.

~ A Few Minutes Ago ~

"Ah, there you are, Mew!"

Mew flinched as he was suddenly enveloped by his two friends, acting like he just came out from his apartment after months of isolation. Why were they overreacting like this? He's a grown man, he can handle himself.

"Okay, that's enough, guys. People are looking already. Let's go get some drinks instead." Zee chided as he pulled Off and Boat away from Mew.

Off chuckled as he swung an arm around Mew's shoulders. "Alright, let's see what they have for drinks."

Mew has been up for over 18 hours. He was tired from writing and obsessing over things he doesn't even have the right to obsess about. Therefore, at this point in time, he just let his friends drag him around. He doesn't have enough energy to refuse them.

But as he found himself being tugged towards the kitchen, a figure from the corner of the room suddenly caught his eye. He blinked his eyes to focus on the familiar figure sitting alone on the couch. His breath got caught in his throat when he realized who it was.

Like a ghost, he was haunting. Hauntingly beautiful.

Mew found himself shaking off his friend's arms around his shoulders as his body involuntarily went towards him. Ignoring his friends' confused calls, he trudged on with only one thing in his mind.

Gulf.

He doesn't understand why he was so attracted to him. He has never felt like this before. All he knows is that he needed to be by his side. His questions can wait until later.

Only a few more steps and he would've been right by his side. But someone suddenly cut him off. Someone else got to him first.

Mew stopped dead in his tracks as yet another less familiar figure covered Gulf from his line of sight. Before he could figure out who it was, the new person moved to sit right beside Gulf on the couch, revealing his face to him.

He immediately felt his face heat up. It was the same guy from the restaurant. Bright, was it? Why was he in this party with Gulf? Is he the reason why he has been ignoring him? Why he said he was busy this weekend? Why he doesn't want to be with him?

Mew's mind was bombarded with so many questions and it doesn't help that he was already emotionally and mentally spent today. He felt tired and dejected. He contemplated turning around and pretending he never saw anything. To go back to his friends, have a drink or two, and then get the hell away from this party.

But as he saw the guy hold Gulf's hand as he stood up, all thoughts of leaving instantly left his mind as fast as they entered. And before his mind could register what he was doing, he was suddenly there grabbing Gulf's hand away from Bright. As if to say, "get your hands away from what's mine".

"Don't worry about it. I'll help him." Mew said in a cold voice. He wasn't sure what they were talking about. All he heard was Bright offering to help Gulf with something, but he wasn't needed since he was here now.

"P'Mew?" He heard Gulf's surprised voice but he kept his eyes glued to Bright. He needed him to understand that Gulf was his. A part of him kept telling him Bright might just be a friend but what Off said also kept lingering in his mind. 

And if he has to be honest with himself, he wasn't getting a "just friend" vibe from him. He doesn't look at Gulf like friends does. Bright wants something more from him, and Mew can't let him have it. Never.

"Let's go," Mew said as he gently pulled Gulf away and towards the balcony. They could both use some fresh air after that situation.

"P'Mew!" Gulf started as he shook off Mew's hand. "What was that about?"

"Why were you ignoring me?"

Gulf frowned, suddenly confused. "What?"

"I texted you multiple times. I even called you, but you never answered."

"Oh," the other answered. "That was because-"

Gulf was just about to explain when Mew suddenly became lightheaded and fell against his body. He immediately wrapped his arms tightly around him as he felt that Mew was having trouble keeping himself upright.

"P'Mew?! What's wrong? Are you alright?!" Gulf panicked. He looked around to see if anyone was around that could help but they were all inside the house. The music was also too loud, nobody would hear him no matter how loud he yelled. "P'Mew! Answer me!"

"Sorry," Mew said weakly. "I just felt really dizzy all of a sudden.."

"Are you sick?!" Why was this man partying when he wasn't feeling well?!

"I'm okay." For some reason, Mew still had some energy left to smirk. Maybe it was because Gulf was worried about him. It felt good to see him worried. "But you still haven't answered my question."

"What question?" And why are you worrying about that still?

"Why were you ignoring me?"

Gulf sighed. He doesn't know what to do with this man anymore. "I wasn't ignoring you! I broke my phone's screen a few days ago and I didn't have time to get a new one yet."

"So it wasn't because you hate me," Mew said with a smile on his face. He suddenly felt silly for overthinking everything. But at least now he knows. Gulf doesn't hate him.

And that was his last thought before he felt himself slipping away. He could vaguely hear Gulf calling his name repeatedly but he had no energy left to answer, nor to keep his eyes open.

Gulf calling his name was his last memory for that day.

But he wouldn't trade it for anything. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 5.5K 16
A young bodyguard named Mew Suppasit, who seeks revenge to take back his family possessions. An extremely rich kid who doesn't know how to take care...
164K 7.7K 24
"Only you could do it... only you...so please stay with me forever" "Forever with you" Mew Suppasit is currently a famous young CEO of xxx company, H...
13.2K 711 8
MewGulf is BESTFRND FOREVER, but Gulf have feelings for the latter for more than friends, more than bestfriend... everyday he saw their uni's girls t...
128K 5.5K 30
Gulf has always been shy and meek. He had hard time expressing himself. Then he met Mew Suppasit, his father's friend's son. He connected to him and...