A new world full of magic [Th...

By Martacus

This is a fanfic about a Minecraft mod called: ThaumCraft Its my 1st fanfic so im very curious what you guys... More

Prologue
The Dream

Magic

195 4 3
By Martacus

I look around, I see this small village at a lake. "Where am I again?!" She said: "Haha silly, i just told you" 

"Oh yeah sorry.. it's just I'm so confused right now." "Why?" she said. And just when i was going to reply I fell unconsciousness.

I woke up in a small room, still not knowing where I am. Its all so vague. Where could i be? Who put me here, what happened just then? Then the door opened a bit, i saw someone peeking inside. Then the lady who helped me walked inside the room. "I see you have woken up." she said. "Yeah, sorry. I didn't feel so good." "No problem." she said with a beautiful smile.

"So, I'm just going to ask it you again. Where am I?"

"You are in Lumaris, a town in the Dintis Empire. I need to go downstairs now, I will talk to you when you are ready."

I have never heard of it.. where am I? She left the room and i started eating the food she made ready for me. Wow.. this really tastes good! I wonder what it is. As I look around the room I notice there are no candles but it is still very well lit. I take another good look and I see that there are floating lights above me. What is this? Is this even possible? There are clothes lying on the chair besides me. I stand up and put them on. They are a little bit too big but they'll fit for now.

I walk downstairs and see lots of people sitting at table's chucking beer. Suddenly they all stop talking and look straight at me. "Eeehm... Hey" 

They keep looking at me like they want to hurt me. I ignore them and walk to the girl i just met. "Hey, thank you for the clothes." "Do they fit?" she asked me.

"Yeah" i say with a big smile. She helped me even though she doesnt know me, I don't want to be a burden to her and ask for new ones. "If I may ask.. what are those lights in the room upstairs?"

"That is nitor, the mages make it and put them up for us. It's an infinite source so they will never run out" Okay well that is weird. Mages? Magic Lights? Where have I gone? Am I dreaming this? It's all still vague. The head aches didn't end.

"Mages?" I ask. "Yeah mages, you know the people who study Thaumaturgy?" Thaumaturgy? I have never even hard of that word. I must be sleeping or something.

"So.. like you can use Magic?" "No only certain people can use magic, unfortunately I am not one of them. But my brother is! He's the best wizard in town!" she said with a big smile.

After a while talking she gave me some money and food and told me to go look around town. I still don't know her name. Maybe i should have asked for it. As soon as I walk out of the door I see a old man in a robe.

"Aah just who I was looking for" he said. He looked very old, but he had a smooth voice. A sort of Morgan Freeman. "Hello.. and you might be?"

"I am Eryrin. And you are Mart?"

"Yes I am, how do you know?" He laughed and then said: "Oh boy, there are many things I know. But first let's go look around town, that was what you were going to do right?"

We went by shops and market places, it all seemed normal for a medieval place. No high buildings, all 2 story some even 3. It was a small town with a lot of people. Every street had an Inn and also some shops. We walked by a what I call a "magic shop".

"So.. can you explain why I got here in the first place?" "Ah, I was wondering when you were going to ask me. This is Lumaris. It is a town in the Dintis Empire" "That is not really the answer i was going for, I mean what is this place. With all the magic." "This is another world. Just like your world but we can use magic." he said. "It looks like the medieval age here, do you know what computers are?"

"Computers? No, never heard of it." - "Well they are awesome, you can play games on it and do things for school. It is needed in everyday life, without one you can't do many things."

"They sure seem interesting, but you will have to do without those for a while, well here we are. This is my home"

I look up and see a small home. Just a little hobbit like hole. He opens the door and walks in. I stand still and look at the surroundings. It looks like it is at the end of the town. There is a big forest behind his house, it looks kinda dark. Maybe even evil.

Then I walked in.. I couldn't believe my eyes. Everything was so big! The room was filled with all kinds of structures and jars and pots! It looked so amazing! 

"Welcome to my house, for now you will live here. I'll show you to your room"

"Wait, who said I would live with you? I don't even know you."

"I don't think you have a choice. Or do you already have a room somewhere else?"

"No... but I can find one. I can stay at the inn i was at this morning."

"Sorry to tell you, but the money you have isn't enough to rent a room. You only have enough to pay for 1 meal."

"You are right.. the house seems fine. And you are not as scary as i though. I will give it a shot."

"Good good" he said with a smile. We walked trough the long hallway, it had lots of doors. That something so small from the outside could look so big on the inside. He stopped at a big red door.

"Here is your room, go look. And if you are ready you can come back to the main room. But do not touch anything on the way!"

"I promise. Oh.. and thank you"

"Haha, no problem young one. No go and take a look. I think you will like what you see in there."

I still didn't know anything about where i was.. But I am more worried about grandmother. I would have gone to visit her today. What if they can not find me? Will everyone alert the police and search for me? It would be a waste of time and a useless action. Well for now lets worry about getting out of this world or whatever it is.

I walk into my room and notice how big it is. It is gigantic! There is a big bed in the middle and lots of closets and shelves. There is something next to my bed that looks like an armour stand. it has a big black robe on it with what it looks like flames on it. It looks kind of cool. I try it on and it is way too big.

"Huh.. what's happening?" The robe suddenly starts to move and it began to shrink! And it stopped.. then i took another look to my feet and saw it got much smaller. It took form my to size! "Wow this is awesome!"

Then i sat on the edge of my bed to let it all sink in.. so weird things happened in so small time. Voices, floating lights, shrinking robes and houses that are bigger on the inside.

I take a good look around my room. All the shelves and o are empty. My room also feels empty. Like it needs to be filled. And to my sudden notice i see that even here there are no lamps. I look to the roof and see the nitor floating above my head again.

What is this magic stuff? 

And suddenly I remember. When i went to sleep I wished for something.. but what was it? Think.. think...

I know! A world full of magic! Is that what happened? Did someone take me and put me here? Wait... They say that the Arisco Comet makes wishes come true. Now I am pretty sure that is what happened.

Does that mean that magic also exists in my world? But no one knows about it? I feel like I have spend enough time here. As soon as I went to open my door i saw something in the corner of my eye. 

It is on the smallest shelf. A wand with iron caps. There is a note besides it.

"Take this and come to see me"

It must be from the wizard. I take the wand in my hand and i start to shiver, it's a strange feeling which makes me get goosebumps. But it also feels good. I feel strong.

I walk down the hallway and open the door to the main room. The wizard is standing above one of the many cauldrons.

"Ah there you are, I was wondering when you would come."

"Tell me, what is happening. What am I doing here?!" I shouted.

"Ho ho, you don't have to yell. I am not deaf you know. Everything will explain itself. Just be patient young man."

"My name is Mart you know. And hat are all these structures and stuff inside the jars? What is that floating object? Is this all Magic?"

"Mart, this is where your adventure will begin" "Welcome to the world of Thaumaturgy!"

 Thank you for reading my 3th chapter of my story :D. As you can notice my grammar and english aren't perfect. I am still working on improving it but as a Dutch person it is kind of hard to notice the little mistakes. If you felt it was good and vote worthy feel free to leave a vote and a comment :D I would really apreciate it. If you want to get updates about my new posts follow me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612K 30.9K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
1.3M 56.5K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
893K 20.3K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
533K 8.2K 84
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...