Myth and magic

By dutch_daydreamer

When Sally Jackson gets attacked, Percy Jackson finds out about a secret Sally had been keeping about her sid... More

A/N
1. A message
2. Old friends
3. A letter
4. Intruders
5. Goodbyes
6. Introductions
7. The meeting
8. Time to buy a stick
9. The journey
10. Sorting
11. A visit
12. Last day of vacation
13. First day
14. Revenge
16. A new teacher
17. Gathering
18. First day of training
19. Chihuahua is big now
20. The truth
21. Facing yourself
22. The voice
23. Buying time
24. They will be okay
25. Surrounded
26. Darkness
27. Let go
28. Welcome home

15. Old enemies

6.7K 140 42
By dutch_daydreamer

Percy returned to his friends and got asked what was going on. He just told them he wanted to ask Percy how he was liking it here.

They followed their classes and Percy got some concerned looks from the teachers.

He knew his friends didn't believe him.
Percy ignored it all and just followed the classes and did his homework after.

Percy finished dinner early and told the others not to wait up for him. They gave Percy a confused look but nodded and Percy left the Great hall.

He already got his stuff. Daggers, his shield watch and his pen. He was dressed in normal clothes. Denim jeans, a shirt and a vest over it.

He walked up to the edge of the forest. There was a woman standing in the shadows. Percy grabbed the pen in his pocket but relaxed when he saw her face.

"Jackson, are you ready?" She asked.

"I'd rather go alone. I don't want you to get hurt. These monsters love to see others in pain.." Percy said looking at Professor McGonagall.

"Not a chance Jackson. I won't interrupt anything unless you say so. They won't know I'll be there." She said determined.

Without a warning she turned into.. a cat.
Percy looked at her confused. He smiled.
This way she is swifter and less noticeable. Percy relaxed a little.

"Let's go." Percy said. Together they walked into the woods and left the school behind.

Percy didn't want to say it out loud but he didn't really know where he was supposed to go. He just walked around blindly and hoped that they would smell his scent.

Percy looked around. But so far.. nothing.

After almost half an hour of walking Percy heard something. He stopped walking and listened.
Professor McGonagall looked at him.

It was like a branch snapped behind them.
He thought he saw something move. He was about to check it out when in the far distance there was a roar.
Percy took a deep breath. This was bad.

He turned to the professor cat.
"Professor, this is too dangerous. You need to go!"

The cat slightly shook her head.
She looked up at the big trees and started to climb up.

Percy was glad she was out of sight. But still.. this monster is way more dangerous than just two empusai.

He walked forwards and kept his hand in his pocket. Hand gripped around Riptide. Ready for her.
He hoped...

After waiting a couple seconds he felt her comming close. She could probably smell him.

Percy saw something big move behind the trees.
There was another roar and ther she was.

The Kampê.

Her batwings were expanded. The animals around the belt were scary as always. And the air. The air around her felt like it turned into acid.

Her snake hair hissed at him.
She eyed Percy with a lot of hatred.

Percy quickly uncapped Riptide. The golden glow lit up and the weight felt comfy in Percy's hand.

Percy took a deep breath of clean air before charging the kampê. He entered the poisonous air and it immediately began to sting his eyes.

He dodged a poisonous sword and swung Riptide.
Percy slashed at the stomach of the Kampê. But it didn't seem to do much damage.

Percy didn't see her scorpion tail in time.
He got swatted away. Percy landed a couple feet away against a tree. He hit the tree with a sickening crack.
A wave of pain and dizziness crashed over him.
She was comming over to him. Fast.

Percy quickly stood up. Wich was not very smart.

The kampê brought down her sword.
But before it could hit him, it collided with Riptide. Percy was holding riptide with one hand at he blade. And it was cutting deeply in his hands.

Percy rolled away.
The sword of the Kampê got stuck in the ground. Killing all the grass around it.

Out of breath Percy had to sidestep another attack.
He needed to do something. He couldn't hold up long against her alone.

Percy had an idea. He still needs to act fast.

Percy closed his eyes and put riptide back into his pocket. He raised his hands and focused on the water around him. The lake, the water in the ground.
There is a familiar tug in the pit of his stomach.

Water from the lake, from the ground came rushing towards Percy. He opened his eyes in time to see how the water surrounded the Kampê.

She tried to turn around. To move out of the prison made out of swirling water. But she couldn't. She was stuck in one place.

Percy carefully lowered one arm. The water stayed like this. Percy grabed riptide and advanced. He knew her weak spots.

The kampê let out a horrible scream. But it died as soon as Percy pulled Riptide out.

The kampê turned into dust and Percy let go of the water. When the kampê was entirely gone Percy fell on one knee.

Percy felt something touching is knee. He relaxed when he saw that is was the professor.
She looked at him with concern.

"I'm fine." Percy told her still a bit out of breath. "It's gone. Let's just hope it-"

Then Percy heard a laugh he was hoping to never hear again. He looked up and around.

"Professor, hide." Percy whispered.
She turned around and climbed back into the tree. Percy looked around and noticed a familiar face. "Kelli, wish I could say it's nice to see you again.."

"And I wish I could rip you apart.. but unfortunately I have gotten orders not to.." She says.

"Since when do you follow orders?" Percy asked.

"Since the reward was better than to hear you scream." She answered grinning.

Percy heard something behind him and dodged a kick to the head. "Ah, I was wondering where you were Tammi." Percy said as he regained his footing.

"Missed me?" She asked grinning.

Percy raised riptide and dodged and sidestepped for a while. But he was tired, hurt and sore.

The decided to deal with this quickly.
He sidestepped Tammi and slashed her leg and stabbed her in her side. She disintegrated with a very angry cry.

Kelli groaned and went full on the attack.
Percy took a dagger out of his belt and stabbed Kelli.
She looked at him with so much hate in her eyes.

"Say hi for me down there." Percy whispers.
She disintegrated and Percy fell to his knees.

"Oh good gracious." Professor McGonagall said walking to Percy fast. "Let's get you out of here."
They walked out of the forest and went straight to Dumbledore's offcice.

"Percy, are you allright?" Dumbledore asked Percy.
He must have looked like he just crawled out of the underworld.

"Yeah.. just tired... and sore. But fine. I still have some nectar with me." Percy said digging in his pocket. He took some of it. And he started to feel better.

"Good. How did it go?" Dumbledore asked.

"It was hard. Last time I saw the Kampê was when she attacked camp. It took almost everyone there for us to defeat her.. She even took some lifes during that battle." Percy said thinking back on it.

"I had never seen something like it. Albus, our students could be in grave danger if He is working with monsters like that. And as we know, magic has no to little effect on them. They would be defenseless." McGonagall said concerned.

"Minerva, let's worry about that later. This is a warning from Voldemort. He want us to know that he is getting stronger. Not that he succeeded thanks to Percy."

"Professor. It might have been a warning. But keep an eye out. Let me know when there is anything out there. I don't want the students to be in danger." Percy says.

Dumbledore smiled and nodded.
"Of course my boy. Now, get to your dorm and get some rest. And thank you for what you did today."

Percy smiled and headed out.
He really wanted to get some sleep. He was exhausted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 2.9K 26
[THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN. PLEASE CHECK MY ACCOUNT FOR TGE REWRITTEN VERSION.] [No Mythology] Percy Jackson was born into a life of manipulation...
7.2K 427 30
Percy Jackson had survived the unsurvivable. He had faced off against Liam and the Titans and the war had been won. But the battles left their marks...
645K 20.3K 42
"I know what you are, Percy Jackson, Half-Blood Prince of the Sea." --- Percy, Annabeth, Nico and Will are thrown back into the Wizarding world for...
142K 3.7K 22
This story is about how the seven plus Nico and Thalia learn they are more than the average demigods. They go to a new school for wizards and witches...